• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Sariku

Smash Master
Holy Crud! I just listened to Episode 8 again because I think its better than 9, and heard the most OMG Thing EVER!

Did anyone else know... Youko has a life?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Doesn't bother me, just give credit where credit's due... :)

Yeah, I know, most people think I don't have a life, right?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Doesn't bother me, just give credit where credit's due... :)

Yeah, I know, most people think I don't have a life, right?
...pretty much. :p
I mean, you run a cast, play Smash, and post on this site.
= No life.

..just like everyone else here. ;)

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Okay, just about on youtube, I'll edit with a link (people subscribe as a makeshift feed)

Dang, too long... Anyone else got any ideas on how to spread the word?

Blackadder

Smash Master
SlackBladder’s in-depth review

There we go, I finally scrunched up the time to write my fabled mythical review.
I’ve heard it once, now for the second “Review” go.
Les’ do it!

The Rundown:

4 Special movetypes/Andross/Poke’mon moves: Well, this section is really for you to quickly get the filler updates out of the way, so there isn’t much to say. Good stuff, as I like the way you speed through this, while still sounding intelligent and clever.
The Andross joke was cute to, though a little forced, it seems, but maybe that’s just me! The Poke’mon stuff was cute too. The BACON attacks seem okay, for ideas. It’s gotta be mentioned, this week didn’t offer you much, did it Youko? Most of the updates got knocked into the quickie bin!

Gliding: You know, this is all just QFT, as they say on the boards. These reviews are getting harder and harder for me to do, as I used to feed of constructive criticisms, and your opinions. Sadly (In an ironic kinda way) there are very few things that need to be improved on this cast that I could point out, and you research all your points very heavily, so I know that everything you say is going to be genius. *Sniffles*

Wario Ware: This is where the cast is interesting for me! Now, this is why I love a lot of this cast. You always open up new ideas for me to think on, and this is a star “Oh yeah!” moment. Great! I love your ideas for much of this stuff, such as the “Dodge the arrows” idea about being hit once doing something, such as losing a life even? Unlikely, but maybe. The hammer hitting the ground thing made me think of Peach pwning that bit. If she can still float as long as she can in Melee, she can just get up, and kick back for that part. Scary stuff. I agree in the end, this is a stage for mucking around, a FlatZone two, a laugh-a-minute stage. I liked this part of the cast!

“BHLMRO’s Show yourself”
As with last week, there isn’t much for me to comment on here!
I’m sure many people pointed this out already, BHLMRO , but really, I have no idea what you said. I have a feeling that you kinda rushed this, panicked, and are hushing your voice in fear of being made fun of or summat? I think you should try again, speaking more slowly and clearly, and maybe make it a little longer? This was pretty sad, really.
Youko, I have a feeling you yourself had all of…oh, I don’t know, this as the only SY this week? I think you could have just replaced SY with something else this week, but still, at least you gave BHLARO a shot.
Good try BH, but not that great at all..
4/10

MoonMoneky BV:

After the SY previous, I was a little worried on this MoonMoneky. I have to admit, this was very impressive Brawl Viewpoint here. Intelligent, laid out, and well thought out, this is what every BV should be. Though I wouldn’t agree to many of the Final Smash ideas you have going here (Jiggly drawing on people? Wha-?) I admire the way you made your talk in-depth. The 3 categories you made seem to be truth, though this quote amused me:

“…Leaving Peach slightly invincible” –MoonMonkey

I have no idea how “Slightly Invincible” is possible in this worlds laws of logic and the like, but it’s Brawl! Interesting way to put it.
As for Youko’s reading of the text, and I know I’m often all to cynical of this, but you sound kind of bored? I thought it may be “Oh, man, I just moved into Michigan college, the week isn’t going to help my cast, and now I have to READ this guys BV instead of him just doing so for me?” it’s just you sound sort of tired, and kinda dulled with it all.
Maybe it’s just the lack of the funky music you normally have playing in the background that’s making you sound like a bored donkey. Ah well.
8/10 Moon, great job, all up!

END COMMENTS AND SCORE

Now, we allknow that this cast was bound to be a little on the “ehh” side compared to the others, and I admit it had me a little bored at points, and BHL’s SY gave me an idea of what it must be like to be when 80 and deaf as a post. I liked the Wario Ware stuff, but the rest was a little “Yawn”. MoonMonkey had a great BV though! He was a good moment for the cast.

The music you made could have been cooler if it was done by your guitar Youko!
I would LOVE to here that. But it was an okay cast. Not the best, but worth an admirable
7/10. Nice Job Youko.

Sariku

Smash Master
Who's In. Your Biweekly Character Speculation segment devoted Souly to Vetran Fighters, and NewComers alike. Will your Brawl Hopefuls make it in? Find my opinions here.

Hey its Sariku again. Who's In didn't get the best reception last week, and strangely it was because of the Dark Samus review more than the Ridley Review. Who would of thought you guys felt that strongly about... it. Anyways, I decided that my last reviews we're far too Stern, so this week will be a little different. First up is Massahiro Sakurai, making of the game, and a new WTF Character? Then we got Sariku.Uchiha. Dressed up in a FanBoy Lucario outfit you just KNOW You wanna beat the snot out of him, right? Finally, the old Announcer for Melee got Laringitus and therefor won't appear in Brawl. I'll Review Youko's Voice, does he got the right stuff?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
O yhea last weeks "Who's in?" How can i forget? XD... That is the sole reason why i hate you -_-

And your a Pokemon fan... RGHH!!

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I made an iTunes feed for Youko about a month and a half ago, and he's just ignored me.. funny, huh?

But anyway, great job on this week.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Well, you know, Bli33ard, I didn't ignore you. I said I would rather wait until the Smashboards made one, and unfortunately it's just taken a while...

Yeah, guys, definitely check out the blog entries cuz people comment there too. And apparently this podcast struck a bad chord for some first-time listeners...???

Blackadder

Smash Master
The reception wasn't to bad from 'em, really.

177Peach just spammed, beacause he's an idiot, and that guy that went of at your description of Andross has little grasp over the english language, and the Sonic guy eventually managed to understand the point of the cast in the end, and before he stated he was going to listen next ep anyways.:p

Thing is, you seem to have hit another audiance now. These guys are all the more serious Brawlers, most of them 17-20 (Most here seem 14-16) and they're gonna be harder to impress.
I'm sure you can do it Youko, plus there views may add more content to the cast in the end!

Also, is this thread going to become defunct?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That can be good if they really show lots of interest maybe we will get Brawl Viewpoints and Show yourself from them

FireceLink

Smash Cadet
I was listening to episode 5 and i noticed that you said that Marth will be confused easily with Ike since the both have blue hair. This does not seem like a good point to make seeing that Jigglypuff and Kirby are round puffballs, I say Marth will still be in Brawl. Possibly, from looking at everyone else's character designs Marth will have a new design to help differentiate the two

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hey youko, question i need to ask. i have the viewpoint ready, but my mail won't accomodate something of that size. seeing as others made it in, what's a good email that could send a 24MB wav. file?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I was listening to episode 5 and i noticed that you said that Marth will be confused easily with Ike since the both have blue hair. This does not seem like a good point to make seeing that Jigglypuff and Kirby are round puffballs, I say Marth will still be in Brawl. Possibly, from looking at everyone else's character designs Marth will have a new design to help differentiate the two

If you recall, I did happen to say:

"Aesthetically, it’d be rather challenging for the Nintendo novice, who the Big N is obviously going to try to specifically sell the game to, to tell the two Fire Emblem lords apart. Swordsmen with blue hair and fancy armor…obviously we as smashers could tell the difference apart in a heartbeat, but you have to realize where Nintendo’s marketing perspective has been all this time."

So...I don't know how that generalization was made from that quote. I only said that the two could be confused from the Nintendo novice's perspective...?

@Colbusman

Try converting it into an mp3 if you can? That should shrink down the size...

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Hey Youko, i am one of your listeners that doesn't submit replays here .

I have listened to your podcast from episode 1, and i like your professional performance in it.;)

I know you'd rather have me review your podcast but i am not much of a poster in the first place.:ohwell:

just remember that you have more listeners than what you really think !!

FireceLink

Smash Cadet
If you recall, I did happen to say:

"Aesthetically, it’d be rather challenging for the Nintendo novice, who the Big N is obviously going to try to specifically sell the game to, to tell the two Fire Emblem lords apart. Swordsmen with blue hair and fancy armor…obviously we as smashers could tell the difference apart in a heartbeat, but you have to realize where Nintendo’s marketing perspective has been all this time."

So...I don't know how that generalization was made from that quote. I only said that the two could be confused from the Nintendo novice's perspective...?

@Colbusman

Try converting it into an mp3 if you can? That should shrink down the size...
Ah, but would the average Nintendo novice be able to tell apart the two pink puff balls with multiple jumps as well? I understand what your saying, but if Nintendo's marketing perspective was to make characters that wouldn't cause confusion then why add Ness/Lucas if they don't even have games in the U.S.A for American Nintendo novices? All i'm trying to say is that don't Knock Marth out just yet if thats your reason why he won't be returning, nothing like a good character make-over wib't fix.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Great podacast, however:

We saw the SF [SNES] Andross, not the famed Star Fox 64 Andross. ;)

And I think if you find that Smash Blog Famitsu take 2 post, you'll see Charizard does Earthquake [probably the dB], and maybe Squirtle's water gun [not sure on this one, so don't take my word]. Fairly intresting, having original pictures [along with Famitsu take 1]. Definitely neat, and you should check it out. [all of you] ;)

And I love the Wario Ware stage, it is a EXACT REPRESENTATION of Wario Ware! :) If there were more stages like that, we'll see some intresting stages. Like G&W and Ice Climbers before him, Wario got a stage TRUELY based off his stage. :) Love the stage, and it's intresting, for sure. Perfect analysis! :)

Good as always, and I'll try to get my Brawl viewpoints in. I had technical difficulties with my computer [installing new special software], and I've got that down, so I'm good to go. Now to do it. Got what I'm doing, and I think I'm going to do a good job! :) Well hopefully. >_<

And awsome picture silver777, you get two big thumbs up from Johnknight1! :)

Blackadder

Smash Master
Hey Youko, i am one of your listeners that doesn't submit replays here .

I have listened to your podcast from episode 1, and i like your professional performance in it.;)

I know you'd rather have me review your podcast but i am not much of a poster in the first place.:ohwell:

just remember that you have more listeners than what you really think !!

NUESS!
My "I heard Youko!" Thingy is being corrupted!
...score! I have started a semi-meme thing.
..unless that was just coincidence. DON'T SAY IT WASN'T1

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
They up-ed the updates we are starting to get 6 updates a week

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, Youko's gonna love today's Update!
Selecting frequencies of different songs for a stage? 2 Song Updates? (Well, a new one anyway) I can't wait for Youko's Take on it all!

Blackadder

Smash Master
Youko will know what to do! He is, after all, a self confesed Music buff!
Interesting though, Youko. It's clear you're a Ridley fan. But think on this:
Does this make "Ridley's battle theme" less dynamic? Make it "Just another song for My Music"? Or does it support Ridley?

Just think on that Youko. I just wanna know what you think...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What a hell of a update @_@

Omg they made a Evoloving remix

Rhyme

Smash Lord
NUESS!
My "I heard Youko!" Thingy is being corrupted!
...score! I have started a semi-meme thing.
..unless that was just coincidence. DON'T SAY IT WASN'T1

For whoever mentioned it, the My Music update makes any music simply stage non-specific. Anything that we've ever heard which was compiled for ANY Metroid game ever could potentially be in the game under the Metroid level(s). Under this new system, something like, oh say, SMS boss battle music does little to help confirm Bowser Jr. as a playable character ((I believe his chances are good enough anyway, but that's a perfect example nonetheless.)).

Was that a Corruption reference? Lol, nice piccie by Silver as well.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I got a title Youko. it should be "Character's Serenade" showing the awesome Music update for friday and how we had just a bunch of character updates this week, especially Meta Knight finally being revealed

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Hey Youko, I hope you read this, if you don't, I'll PM you.

I recorded a BV, but I haven't been able to get on SWF and I couldn't remember the dojo email, so I was wondering if you already had a BV by now, or should I send mine in? I could always wait until next week.

-Also, does anyone know why I can't go on SWF on my home computer? When I try, it says my internet isn't connected, when I can visit any other site.
I'm on my friends computer for the moment.

Edit: Also, I can't wait to hear Youko's take on the updates, especially My Music and Mario's Special Moves.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
After Veiwtiful joe you can do Master chief Crash bandicoot! also )% chance third party characters.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Crash bandicoot and Master chief can't be in brawl becuase they never were in a game on a Nintendo system.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Sarcastic of what Viewtiful Joe being in brawl by adding 2 other characters that are completely out of the question? Yes i found the sarcasm in that.

Or Sarcastic for Master Chief and Crash being in Brawl?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Sarcastic of what Viewtiful Joe being in brawl by adding 2 other characters that are completely out of the question? Yes i found the sarcasm in that.

Or Sarcastic for Master Chief and Crash being in Brawl?
I thought he was sarcastic of all of them, trying to express his thoughts on Sariku's lack of experiance with his casting ideas and section.

Top Bottom