• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

SwordHunter

Smash Apprentice
Nice show =D I have a few comments, however:

* Having guests. The host has got an awesome voice for the podcast, and would be the perfect host for a "roundtable" discussion. It would add a "must listen" element to the podcast, instead of being an audio version of a forum thread.

* Although it's VERY hard to keep talking without looking at notes, I'd love it if there was a show where you didn't read from them - though I guess that sort of format is really only appropriate for a show with guests
Ok, if you go back in the thread, you'll notice that these same comments have been brought up several times. It's infeasible for this specific podcast with how it's set up and how often it is made/released.

But lucky for you, a podcast that perfectly fits what you're describing actually exists! It's called the SmashCast...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
News update on the first post guys, check it out! More community-involved, contest-like goodness for you all! Ask me if you have any questions!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I finally got the chance to listen to the updates and the only comments i want to make is that:

having the charged spin attack was apart of Twilight princess too, It was his Final hidden skill that he learns

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I would try and make the banner but i doubt you want one with sprites... eh *sniff* no one ever wants sprites *cries*

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm sure you could make a good banner Legolastom. ;)

BTW, I'm making my Brawl Viewpoints now....HEHE! Hopefully I finish today. <_<

Finished...now to upload them! XD

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Not only is your podcast fantastic, but I LOVE the fact that you hate Petey Piranha just as much as I do! :grin: Ohh, how I hate hate HATE that vomit-spewing waste of pixels!

And hey, if you ever want to have an on-air--er, on-podcast--discussion, I'm more than willing to participate. I would like to take part in this podcast at some point, though. Any recommendations, suggestions, or requests? Let me know. :grin:

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
OK! I will suggest another cast title! Here it goes:

"Gliding to New Beginnings"

This title represents the Gliding update as well as Youko's move to College. Hope you like it Youko, and good luck on college! Tell us all about it! jk. ;)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Episode 9 preview is now up!

I can't give a word yet on how late the podcast might be, if it is at all. I'll try to keep you guys updated...

Blackadder

Smash Master
Dear God I'm bored.

Looks like it'll be a good cast tommorow Youko. Looking forward to it! Also, you seem to be making each cast longer and longer. I think last ep. was 30 mins? You must be working yourself to death out there Youko!

We need annual Youko day for all he does for us, I swear! :p

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Unfortunately, there are some delays on my end (as expected) - I'm the middle of editing though, hopefully the stream will at least be up by 4-4:30 EST...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Sorry for the delay guys, mandatory hall meetings and all that junk...

Anyway, enjoy the stream! Download should be up sometime tonight, can't guarantee when!

EDIT:

I have to apologize if there is any decrease in quality in your guys' opinion. I know there's one bad slipup where I totally mess up a word and I didn't even catch it until it was too late. Plus I was trying to record it faster since I've got my roommate in the room as well. Still, I tried to keep it on par with the rest so it didn't seem like I had changed locales...but if it's noticeable, I apologize...

sabel4

Smash Rookie
And I just finished uploading my rip of the stream. Ah, well, it's a good problem to be having.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Great work as usual but i wouldn't say this week was that bad i mean compare it to the weeks before Ike.

The show yourself was bad quality all i really got from it was he played smash 64 online.

Another great one (Albeit shorter than usual) now lets hope next week will be the biggest yet.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
MISTAKES:

- For Charizard's Final Smash, I meant to say "Seismic Toss" instead of Submission. A strong S fighting move, gimme a break :p haha

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ah seismic toss now if that was based off of the Anime *Cough*CharizardVsArticuno*cough* that would be one of my favorite.

But i doubt they have individual FS's

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
good job youko. but hey i finally have a mic to record off of, so i'll try downloading the software and give you a brawl viewpoint with my own voice!

good job this week, but the only complaint it it was very, very rushed. you seemed to be speed talking, and it made it so i wasn't as good as the others, but like you said you rushed it. just slow down for next week if ya can

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
*Cough*CharizardVsPrettyMuchAnyBigBattleHe'sEverBeenIn*cough*

:laugh:

Yeah, like I mentioned above, I tried to record it faster cuz of my roommate being in the room as well, so I apologize, Colbusman. I'll see what I can do next week.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Charzards Seismic toss should be a Grab + up like Kirby's Grab + up but charzard would circle around in the air before coming down

Yay i'm on the podcast :p

Florida

イーグランツ
Quick start xD
"Thisweekonshowmeyamoves". By the way, another good luck to you with your college university. What are you majoring in, may I ask? Also, congratulations for the future appearance on Smashblog :)

Anywho, now it's review time *craks knuckles* B|
What the heck do you say after "up specials and neutral special and !&$(#"? It's probably the mistake you're reffering to, so I'll let it slide... ;o

Metaknight's absence to a proper profile, I think, is because Metaknight is an unlockable character. And Sakurai stated (somewhere) that he wouldn't reveal any unlockable characters on the DOJO until after the game is released... I think? But I also agree that Metaknight will be involved majorly in the Subspace Emissary plot. We have evidence to show :p

The update revealing Andross as an Assist Trophy was my favorite out of all from last week, not only is it an excellent AT choice, they used his original model, which makes the entire concept more badass. Also the humor that Sakurai had for us in that certain update made it all even better.

I still think that Andross will be the major boss for Star Fox in the Subspace Emissary. Also, his form could alter, to appear in the Subspace Emissary, from the original to any other later designs. Such as the N64 (my favorite) version.

Pokémon Trainer Special Moves:

Squirtle: Watergun
Ivysaur: Razor Leaf
Charizard: Fly

Those are the only reasonable remains of acceptable special moves for Pokémon Trainer, I just can't see it being anything else. But then again, we pretty much all expected rapid spin for Squirtle's up-b, so anything can happen.

Pokémon Trainer Final Smashes:

Squirtle: Surf
Ivysaur: Solar Beam
Charizard: Seismic Toss

Again, those are the only choices that could actually fit well, from my point of view.

Superspciy Curry is one of the (few) better item updates that we've received from Sakurai. Also, Diddy Kong was the perfect character choice to give us an example of how the Superspicy Curry works, since "t3h PH1R3 M0NK3H" owns everthing imaginable.

The glide technique will either turn out to be completely broken, or completely worthless. Or maybe it will end up being neither, and it just gives a slight advantage to wing'd characters. Hard to say, really. Although we can already gather some ideas of how gliding will work, from past game-play experience from Melee, it's still hard to predict how such a technique will work out.

Unfortunately screen shots aren't enough to show us how such tenchiques will work... am I the only one wanting some sort of recap-trailer sometime soon? *cough*sinceanewgameshowiscomingup*cough*.

Side of your choice + up or down = Glide Dance :)

I've never played WarioWare Smooth Moves, so I can't really comment on whether or not this stage fits Wario, but it seems like a fun chaotic stage nonetheless. It's like another Dolphino Plaza... just, shorter change phases xD I am curious though, does this "reward" phase stay put... or does it change after a certain amount of time?

lulz, j00 says "areows".
Stay Dry, Dodge, Jump!

Rumor Central, Show Yourself, Brawl Viewpoint, Who's In... you seem to have a lot of sections to your podcast, organized ones at that. It's awesome that you include others into your show.

Well then, BHLMRO's turn! :embarrass
Although, not much to say since it's a simple description of yourself :)
Smash 64 Playa!! And I leave it at that :chuckle:

Moon Monkey:
Gawd! >.>
Another double take.

That's actually a well thought-out idea of how Kirby's Final Smash might turn out. Peach's Final Smash better not be that though ;o

Jigglypuff's Final Smash idea is agreeable as well, but I don't see the anime refference happening. Didn't Sakurai say somewhere that nothing anime related would be included? Or maybe I've misread what he actually stated? Hmm...

I basically agree with you, some Final Smashes will turn out to be more on the defensive side. There's always a strategy to playing a game, perhaps the Final Smashes will take affect one what characters players play as.

Awesome Viewpoint Moon Monkey!
And nice introduction BHLMRO.

Mmm... a nice week, as usual! Good job Youko!
And ugh, sh-a-weeet! A Legend of Zelda piece!
I've got to say though, the different clips of music didin't really blend in well. I know there wasn't much to do, but the transitions of one song to another was rather choppy. Still an enjoyable sample!

;)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
"Show Me Your News!"

I'm too lazy to make a long review.. Been up late being an idiot on World of Warcraft....

Show Me Your News has really grown on me, I like the name now. Can't help but join in on saying "Show Me Your News!"

Quite the average episode, good as always.

Sorry that I don't pay much attention to other parts besides Youko and Sariku. :D

-Onyx

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Egruntz, I think the "!&$(#" you're referring to is "the like". "Areows" was my definite messup...*shudders*

For the Zelda, my program was starting to crap out on me, so yeah, the transitions between pieces sounded not so good. But again, that was just cutting and pasting from the OST mp3s, hopefully next week will be a nicer music sample of it.

Surf...another good choice...

Blackadder

Smash Master
Zomg

Oh, man, Egruntz is doing a review similar to mine! (Well, now there about the same length). This is scary ****! I have…a rival.
Yes. Anytime you’ll find horses head in your bed Egruntz. Anytime… >;]

…ANYWAYS.
I’m at school right now Youko, but in..4 hours, when I get home, I’ll make sure I listen to the cast. Also, I gotta ask, what does your roommate think of you doing a Brawl cast? :p

Florida

イーグランツ
Oh, man, Egruntz is doing a review similar to mine! (Well, now there about the same length). This is scary ****! I have…a rival.
Yes. Anytime you’ll find horses head in your bed Egruntz. Anytime… >;]

…ANYWAYS.
I’m at school right now Youko, but in..4 hours, when I get home, I’ll make sure I listen to the cast. Also, I gotta ask, what does your roommate think of you doing a Brawl cast? :p
Hmm? I think I've been doing long-*** reviews since the begining :p

Edit:
I eat horse heads for breakfast... mmhmm.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Hmm? I think I've been doing long-*** reviews since the begining :p

Edit:
I eat horse heads for breakfast... mmhmm.
Yes, but they are now LONGER! *Gasp*

You eat horse heads? Sh*t.
How about monkey heads? NO ONE LIKES MONKEYS!
*Evil laugh*

Florida

イーグランツ
Yes, but they are now LONGER! *Gasp*

You eat horse heads? Sh*t.
How about monkey heads? NO ONE LIKES MONKEYS!
*Evil laugh*
Well, the podcasts have been getting longer as they go as well :p
And, Monkehs are my favorite animals. :(
PH1R3 M0NK3HS to be exact.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Well, the podcasts have been getting longer as they go as well :p
And, Monkehs are my favorite animals. :(
PH1R3 M0NK3HS to be exact.
We all love PH1R3 M0NK3HS best.
We all..we all do.

Anyways, I'm in class, this is dangerous, and we're spamming up the thread.
We whould STFU. :laugh::mad::p:psycho::(

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Egruntz, I think the "!&$(#" you're referring to is "the like". "Areows" was my definite messup...*shudders*

For the Zelda, my program was starting to crap out on me, so yeah, the transitions between pieces sounded not so good. But again, that was just cutting and pasting from the OST mp3s, hopefully next week will be a nicer music sample of it.

Surf...another good choice...
i actually can't wait to hear it. anything zelda gets me pumped.

and i have a viewpoint written, but i gotta record it. i'll send it in my thursday cause i want to record it when no one's around. i think you'll like it

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I actually just took a MIDI of it and reorchestrated it myself...impressed?

Fawriel

Smash Master
I actually just took a MIDI of it and reorchestrated it myself...impressed?
Actually, you could easily have done better.
With that guitar of yours, for example.

Just saying. I'm getting the impression that you're actually a real musician, so... a screechy midi seems a little below your possibilities.
Although it is pretty fun.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Hm...maybe something for future episodes perhaps??

Regardless, there is NEW NEWS up! Check it out!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Hm...maybe something for future episodes perhaps??

Regardless, there is NEW NEWS up! Check it out!
Heh, I could do something with Photoshop. But I don't think theres a real extent to making an icon/avatar. You could just grab a smash ball picture or something.

Edit: After looking at iTunes.. I really don't know what I could do.. Would need an idea first..

*Contemplates*

-Onyx

Rhyme

Smash Lord
[generic]Nice EP, Youko. The way you can make discussion on news that really isn't news, something from nothing, it's impressive. You do repeat yourself more than you used to as far as pronouns and whatnot in a sentence or in consecutive sentences. That's my only objection to the fantastic job you're doing with these podcasts. Keep up the great work.[/generic]

Anyone else find it odd that we're getting so few stage updates? You'd think that there would be at least thirty stages in Brawl and there's not that many updates left. Is Mr. Sakurai only going to preview stages which are unlocked from the get-go?

Top Bottom