• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
(8-12 cast) Balance was played out to near perfection in melee? That was sarcasm, right? I am having trouble hearing it. :chuckle:

[...] One word, people – BALANCE.

(start new paragraph)

It’s a common physics concept that was played out in Melee to near perfection – lighter characters can move quickly while heavier characters move slower. [...]

So, no sarcasm needed. You just unfortunately misunderstood...

Team Giza

Smash Lord
[...] One word, people – BALANCE.

(start new paragraph)

It’s a common physics concept that was played out in Melee to near perfection – lighter characters can move quickly while heavier characters move slower. [...]

So, no sarcasm needed. You just unfortunately misunderstood...
Yes I did. Thank you for clearing that up.

Sariku

Smash Master
Ridley War, Lulz...

Well either or, This episode will be the best yet, and Show Me Your News! is shaping up to be a fine podcast for all its worth. What's cool is I hear the names of people sending in Brawl ViewPoints and Show Yourselfs, but I don't accually see them post in this thread. New listeners, or lurkers... lulz.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
Hey!!!....I'm a huge fan of your weekly podcast Youko...and Sariku your "Who's In" segment is really good at discussion and speculation. I am thinking bout hopefully contributing the you guys soon...y'know because I just got a laptop so...maybe instead of Sariku's characters, maybe I could discuss stages or past stages

Sariku

Smash Master
Hey!!!....I'm a huge fan of your weekly podcast Youko...and Sariku your "Who's In" segment is really good at discussion and speculation. I am thinking bout hopefully contributing the you guys soon...y'know because I just got a laptop so...maybe instead of Sariku's characters, maybe I could discuss stages or past stages
Yay, a fan, I think my first, lol.

You should start with a Brawl Viewpoint, and if people like it then maybe move up, lol. I didn't have too since it was just to get the podcast more involved, but hey. Maybe Youko will let you, I have no say in it, I think. Lulz.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
True, It is Youko's choice but I'll start small and work up. Plus, I wonder what he's gonna do for the last podcast *thinks* it'd be like an hour of "OMGZ", "Sweet!", etc. LMAO:laugh: But methinks it's gonna get bigger

FireceLink

Smash Cadet
If there is one character for sure that won't be in brawl it's lucario, He'll end up as a pokeball

Why? because assuming Jiggly puff and Mewtwo are in why add another character to the franchise? We would have 5 for pokemon while their will be like 1 or 2 for F-zero or Star fox. it's all about giving all franchises a equal share of the roster. Mario doesn't count becuase he is Nintendo

Legolastom

Smash Hero
They wont all have an equal share PKMN is Ninty's second best selling franchise (And the second best selling VG franchise of all time) so its only right they have more than F-Zero and such.

Same with Zelda... its all about priority.

Sariku

Smash Master
They wont all have an equal share PKMN is Ninty's second best selling franchise (And the second best selling VG franchise of all time) so its only right they have more than F-Zero and such.

Same with Zelda... its all about priority.
Agreed. Lucario is the best bet for a Pokemon, wether you like him or not. It's just like Ridley. Ridleys the best shot as another Metroid Characters, even thougH I don't like the idea of that, it's true. Lucario has a great chance as he is the best choise for a Pokemon. Donkey Kong games have been mediocre lately, so they don't deserve 4 characters or anything. Pokemon is one of the greatest video game franchises of all time, espicialy Diamond and Pearl. They are hits around the world. So Yes, Legolastorm is right. It's about priority, plus as Youko said, its about Money. Lucario would make the most money as a Playable Character.

FireceLink

Smash Cadet
Thats All opinionated I thought they messed up Diamond and pearl personally with all of the new stones and the shiny and the metallic whatever pokemon just felt like a pokemon crater to me. Lucario will not be a playable character you can quote me me on that. Thats how confident i am that he won't be in Brawl except for a pokeball

I don't really think he is going for popularity otherwise pit, Mr.Game&watch or ice climbers would have never appeared in the Smash bros series

Sariku

Smash Master
Thats All opinionated I thought they messed up Diamond and pearl personally with all of the new stones and the shiny and the metallic whatever pokemon just felt like a pokemon crater to me. Lucario will not be a playable character you can quote me me on that. Thats how confident i am that he won't be in Brawl except for a pokeball

I don't really think he is going for popularity otherwise pit, Mr.Game&watch or ice climbers would have never appeared in the Smash bros series
In Wario's Announcement on SmashBros.com since the Updates, he said that because of Popularity, this is why Wario is in. Why the heck would he have a Poll for most wanted Characters if It wasn't about Popularity?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Pit GAW and IC got in because they are retro... and why do you think Pika got in? Because he is so important in the games? and Jiggly as well got in ONLY because she was popular in Japan.

Popularity isn't the only factor but it is an important one.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I too thought Pokemon Diamond and Pearl were messed up too

As for Lucario being in Brawl, i don't really think he will be in brawl, knowing Sakurai, he's going for old school pokemon characters thats why he has Pikachu, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff and pokemon trainer from the old school generation, We even have Pokemon stadium two to be a whiteness of his old school appreciation, by adding cubone and Doutrio in the ground enviorments

Legolastom

Smash Hero
And by adding Driftloon and Skamory into the BG's as well?

Not to mention Deoxys and Groundon Pokeballs.

Sariku

Smash Master
Sakurai is making this the "fan's game." He's letting us decide whats in, well the Japanese decide, and Lucario, well Pokemon in General is huge over there.

FireceLink

Smash Cadet
In Wario's Announcement on SmashBros.com since the Updates, he said that because of Popularity, this is why Wario is in. Why the heck would he have a Poll for most wanted Characters if It wasn't about Popularity?
there is a line between popularity becuase if popularity was what brawl was about Cloud and sora would be in brawl. All the characters in Brawl have been around for long while. Sakurai is not going to pick some new pokemon and stick him in brawl, what happens if pokemon come up with a new gen (probably sure they are working on as we speak) and they have a new pokemon that leaves everyone saying " pssh! Who's Lucario , Kilikutar FTW!"

Sariku

Smash Master
there is a line between popularity becuase if popularity was what brawl was about Cloud and sora would be in brawl. All the characters in Brawl have been around for long while. Sakurai is not going to pick some new pokemon and stick him in brawl, what happens if pokemon come up with a new gen (probably sure they are working on as we speak) and they have a new pokemon that leaves everyone saying " pssh! Who's Lucario , Kilikutar FTW!"
No one would know about it >.< Look, Sakurai is doing stuff we don't Expect. Sora and Cloud COULD Be in the game, unlikely, but who knows. Snake is in, who the heck expected that?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Sakurai is making this the "fan's game." He's letting us decide whats in, well the Japanese decide, and Lucario, well Pokemon in General is huge over there.
I do understand it is the Fans game, but they can't just put everysingle character someone requests becuase it is a fans request thier would be well over 65 characters if that were true but i honestly see we're your coming from and since i'm not making the game your opinion is just as good as mine

Sariku

Smash Master
I do understand it is the Fans game, but they can't just put everysingle character someone requests becuase it is a fans request thier would be well over 65 characters if that were true but i honestly see we're your coming from and since i'm not making the game your opinion is just as good as mine
Thanks, lol. I think this is the first time we've accually aggreed on something.

Yes, not everyone can be in, But Sakurai knows what would be good and not.

Good - Sonic Megaman Lucario Ridley Captain Olimar Wolf

Bad - Starfy K. Rool Meowth Miis Summers

Whatever, lol. Take Miis how you like, I would prefer Wolf of Miis though.

FireceLink

Smash Cadet
No one would know about it >.< Look, Sakurai is doing stuff we don't Expect. Sora and Cloud COULD Be in the game, unlikely, but who knows. Snake is in, who the heck expected that?
They can't becuase there was a artical stating the qualifications for a character to be in Brawl (I'll look for it if you want.) but they said for one of the rules they would have to some how be on of the Nintendo system at one point in there video game life. that immediately de-confirms Them, another one was that they can't be anime character.....good-bye naruto and goku

Sariku

Smash Master
They can't becuase there was a artical stating the qualifications for a character to be in Brawl (I'll look for it if you want.) but they said for one of the rules they would have to some how be on of the Nintendo system at one point in there video game life. that immediately de-confirms Them, another one was that they can't be anime character.....good-bye naruto and goku
Cloud and Sora was both on the GBA. And Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming to Wii.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
In a attempt to end this argument: Mario is going to be top tier now with his F.L.U.D.D move, Since you don't take damage when it pushes you back ( so you can't do another jump or up + b when attacked) he's going to be really good at edge guards. Suppose you Captain Falcon and up use your up b and your about to grab the ledge that is until Mario pushes you back further and since you can't jump again your pretty much done in addition to that he has the cape

FireceLink

Smash Cadet
Cloud and Sora was both on the GBA. And Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming to Wii.

I rather have Empire hearts with Fire emblem in the world of luney tunes then kingdom hearts on the wii

In conclusion as moon monkey said:

"Sakurai, he's going for old school pokemon characters thats why he has Pikachu, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff and pokemon trainer from the old school generation, We even have Pokemon stadium two to be a whiteness of his old school appreciation, by adding cubone and Doutrio in the ground enviorments"

Thats why lucario won't be in brawl Sora and cloud have fair chance i guess

Legolastom

Smash Hero
You cant exactly compare third party to first party and it would just be stupid to represent one gen...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
The episode will be up in about a half-hour's time. It didn't help that the boards were down, even if it was on time, but this episode is...

43:43

Yeah. It's gonna be a long one, all.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Any way to listen to it? the blog isn't working, and you don't have a link.
PS: what did you think of my img?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Stream and Download are now up! I'm so sorry for the delay this week guys, but it's super-special-LONG just for you!!

It would have been posted earlier, but yeah, I don't know why the boards are slow like that...at the most critical times...well, enjoy!!

EDIT: I have to apologize for some less-than-stellar moments in the Easter Egg...I only had time to work on it for like two hours and that was the best I could do under those time constraints, so I apologize...:\

Florida

イーグランツ
WE’RE AT TEH DOUBLE DIGITS!!!!!
W00t! 43:43, what an exciting episode! :)
Okay, let’s just get right into it, then! >.>

“Then Pit spirals down toward the earth as his oh-so-emphasized theme music plays”. Heh, obviously you haven’t seen my Pit’s Descent spoof. A “spiral”? Bah! It’s a barrel roll dimwit! I_T
Actually, Pit’s Descent is my favorite update so far… but that’s mainly because Pit is so shmexy. I agree this video didn’t give us very much information (and the actual size of the blog was short as well), but at least we can all say it was pretty.darn.bad.***.

Diddy Kong special moves… more of a no-so “informational” update, as we’ve already known that Diddy Kong would have the Peanut Pop-Gun and the Rocket Barrel Boost. I guess it’s good that we’ve been confirmed as to what buttons match those moves (up-b, neutral-b)?

Metaknight’s update, I admit, was a little disappointing. But not because we didn’t get any information related to the private press conference. I mean, if we didn’t get anything huge from E3, there’s no way we would’ve got anything from that. It was more disappointing in the way that it wasn’t Captain Olimar. =3

At least Metaknight’s profile is out of the way, though, so now there’s no more already-confirmed characters to be announced (besides Snake). About the “Metaknight’s profile was delayed for some reason” quote, I have a rather interesting (possible) answer, posted by another member at this forum.

smashbros.com said:
It's Meta Knight, whose introduction was delayed for some reason. He's Kirby's...rival?
"Heroes always arrive late."
Meh, something interesting to ponder about. Though, that’s not much of a reason to as WHY he was delayed… but more of an answer to what Sakurai meant in the Go! K.K. Rider update… Moving on!

Mario’s F.L.U.D.D. move seems pretty awesome, and was a good inclusion in my opinion. Since, you know, the Mario tornado is still in. F.L.U.D.D + Cape = ultimate edgeguard. Also I can already predict the F.L.U.D.D move being used to keep space between opponents, if needed. It is also interesting that Sakurai said you could charge it while shielding, is that the same for other chargeable moves such as numerous neutral B moves?

Shieldfludding, nice name. Sounds catchy :p

Pokemon Stadium 2 seems like an awesome stage already! Out of what we’ve been shown, the Ground and Flying transformations look like good-fun. If only Sakurai would’ve shown the Electric transformation… then I could give a “complete” analysis. Poor Cubone, I was sort of all for his appearance as a Playable Character. But I guess the amount of Pokemon characters has to stop somewhere… (with Mew xD).

Poliwrath > Raichu :)

Also, I think that the reason we haven’t seen any of the Electric transformation, is because Pichu is a background cameo. (this was theorized by KirbyKing, by the way).

Haha, very amusing lyrics Youko! Bravo!
But yeah, the lyrics to the SSBB Main Theme have me interested, hopefully soon some translator will come along and just pass that information by (hopefully the “by” isn’t in front of the “pass” ;o).

The Pokemon Stadium 2 song, I think, is awesome. I really couldn’t think of a better song choice for a stage such as Pokemon Stadium. Also, the intro of the song was excellent as well. Ah… but the ending of the song beat it all, with the “evolution” theme included.

Final Smash, Youko? I’m thinking more of the tune happening while the stage is transforming, but that’s just me. My Music… basically the leader of all other music updates :laugh:. Now I can play on certain stages, without the ******** music (my example: dream land). The music of that stage kept me away from it, seriously.

And thanks for the music examples, ever since the update I’ve been wondering what some of those songs listed sounded like. And we even get an extra with the Corneria theme! Another reason to worship “Show Me Your News!”. Awesome edition of the Rundown this week, Youko, well done.

Who’s In time. –cracks knuckles-

I personally don’t give a care for Ness… Lucas would be a much better replacement in my opinion. Plus, it’d be good to get a new set of moves representing the MOTHER franchise. But I wouldn’t really mind if both were included either ;) Which, if it were to happen, Ness should keep his moves and Lucas be given some new style. It’d give players a choice to play as the old style Ness, or the new-school Lucas. 8)

Krystal… bleh, again not a character that I don’t care too much for. Although, since Sakurai wants more female characters in smash, and since she’s the only reasonable choice for a new Star Fox character (excluding Wolf… who will make it in before her). And, “a Pit without wings”?! Not even close Sariku, not even >.> And wait, Wolf killed Fox’s dad? = |

“There doesn’t have to be a new Star Fox character”… l_l screw that.

Did Star Wolf appear in Star Fox Adventures…? O.o
Lucario… yet another, “meh” character choice coming from me.

Sariku the evil said:
*cough*MEW*cough*
O.O you’re dead. Dead, dead, dead… dead.
Although, I don’t really see Lucario appearing as a Pokeball item… and he’s too popular to not be included in the game in one way or another… so I guess his chances as a playable character are rather high. Unless of course, he’ll end up (oddly) being an Assist Trophy ;)

Again, dead. SCREWED dead. I can’t even describe the amount of dead that you are >.>

Pokemon Generations:
1 > 4 > 3 > 2 :/ coming from me.

Also, don’t be scared for Lucario because he’s a mere 4th generation Pokemon. In the Pokemon Stadium 2 update, we can see what appears to be a Pokemon from the 4th gen., as Youko even said earlier this podcast. So, Lucario’s chances are still high.

Awesome job this week Sariku; a real improvement from your other episodes. And that’s not just because of the size of it, but the quality and effort that you put in. Keep it up, yo!
Oh, and… I’ll just go ahead and PM you with a title of “Mew for Who’s In” ;)

…… dead.

-phew- All of that review and still another half of the podcast to go… Well then, Brawl Viewpoint time. Oh, and Snackz, the theme of your viewpoint caught my attention instantly. The Subspace Emissary is an interesting topic, if you ask me. (sorry if I spelled your name wrong)

I seriously think that the Subspace Emissary will work out as just one mode. Meaning that you don’t get to chose a character, and go through their own story. You’ll probably have to flow along with the story of it, and play as the character designated for you (as you’ve said). So really, I agree with what you’re saying.

Your logic makes perfect sense. Unlockable characters probably won’t be included in the Subspace Emissary, in the way that you can’t play as them the first time around. The Subspace Emissary seems like a more interesting way to unlock some characters, if you ask me. Besides being a bad-*** story line, of course.

I really have no idea on how to comment on the Ancient Minister. His plot in the story doesn’t leave us with any sparks, so I don’t have anything to say. Although, you have some interesting theories. It is most likely that Master Hand is the main boss behind it all, but seeing as we’re getting more of an actual story line this time (and not some kid’s hand being the main enemy), it’s hard to say.

A job well done, Snackz!
And an excellent week of Show Me Your News! Here, here, for an update on crawling soon.

Extra // East Egg:
O.O that’s just awesomeness. Pure, awesomeness.
Also I loved your pun of the “MY Music” thing :p
Awesome job with fusing the transitions of the different songs.

Looking forward to more SMYN, Youko! Good job everyone!

Top Bottom