• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
...Waluigi?

I rest my case but i actually predicted his next post on that thread... EXACTLY seriously i was joking when i predicted what he was going to say but when he actually said it XD LMAO!!

the_sandman for brawl! (I mean for gallows not brawl)

Anyways how do you think his gun is going to work? (Diddy's)

Blackadder

Smash Master
SlackBladder’s in-depth review

Okay, I’m set to go. Sorry for the lateness, really.
I got some stuff poured all over me, but it’s all cool now.
I told ya I would get this done at SOME point in my life.
FTW!!

The Rundown:[/SIZE]

Poke’mon Trainer: I can tell you now Youko, I was hyped to here what you had to say about this rather interesting character. Once again you keep the humour up, brining up Red and his…unique anatomy. Sadly, there isn’t much for to talk about here.
Though, I like your ideas on the separate poke’mon and there individual attacks, but that was really it for me here. Maybe because I’d chatted endlessly about him, and have heard every opinion and thought. Ehh.

Devil AT: Wow, not much to mention here either. Man, Youko, you’ve gotten so professional with your talking, there isn’t anything to point out anymore! It’s just incredible! Pretty correct with what you get up and say.|

Peach: You give up some cute info on Peach, her new look, and of course, the downsmash talk. Neat. The cast seems a little dry so far though…

Tether recovery: I liked this one, I didn’t expect you to get up and remind us all the tether recovery is in fact in Melee, just obscure. How is the move gonna be effective? Well, I think Sakurai mentioned it would have an auto grab thing with these tethers going, but that was after the cast. Interesting thoughts there, and hopefully Sakurai has totally thought ahead with this.

Stickers: Potential eh? I love the ideas and talk on the possible factor of stickers being like a prize at the end of online matches. That’s a star idea to me, and it really got me interested. Sending them to friends is a great thought from people too. I like all these ideas, which is good, cause while listening to this episode, I kept thinking “Ehh, he’s just telling me about the update itself, where’s the wit, humour, and awesome idea’s we normally get?” I guess they are here for now. This is the stuff I love, these kinda ideas, and the idea of online ideas is great.

“Show yourself”

Heh, I’m not really sure how to judge these SY segments, but I guess I’ll do it on info.
Firstly, the music is a little commanding over your own voice, which is annoying, but really, you give us some good info about yourself, and your smash history. The thoughts on Link and stuff seem like they should be a BV thing, but ehh. The info on yourself was good, and relatively interesting, but not all that compelling to listen too. REALLY listen too.
6/10 Nice effort, but not quite OMGZAWSUM.

Samuraipanada’s BV: EPIC!!
Wow, I’ve played to much GTA. You sound like Donald Love in GTA LCS, lulz.
But now…this is epic man. The other BV’s have all been getting steadily better I’ve noticed, starting with me as the first guest, doing a sort of 6/10 BV, then the others slowly going up to be better and better. This is incredible, really. You really get us to think about these things you give us. You lay it out brilliantly, much to on par with Youko himself.
Now, one thing sentence and it’s following comments should shake the forums to it’s knees. If people thought more deeply about:

“Melee was NOT balanced to make every character playable one on one, in the same 6 stages with no items.” - Panda

Then the world would be far more sane. That’s incredibly true, and exactly why some characters truly do…well, suck. I agree so much with that statement there, that you win my internets. When you finally get to Brawl talk, (After an incredibly detailed discussion on it) you bring up an issue that may not be as new as you think. The Pikachu thing, where he does that “Wavedash” bit. That isn’t new info, I have read on it on Smash wiki, but it does show you have a keen eye for detail!
The Havoc Engine…now that also should make people truly think about Brawl.
it changes near on to everything, including, as you say, Wavedash.

MAIN GANONDORF OMG LOLOL…
*Cough*
I’m sorry…

The “No fliching” idea is interesting thing, I never thought of it on that. But very true, and very good idea with balancing.
And all in all, you come off as completely right with everything you said. And then of course, you crush it all saying there WILL be tiers, and there WILL be unbalances in-game. But this is the harsh truth, and inevitable. But of course it is the truth.
Your last notes and a good edition too.

That was amazing, and I LOVED it Panada. I hope you are reading this, as I really think you deserve the score I’m giving you. Fully informative, in-depth, and no BS lie.
brilliant.
9.6/10.

END COMMENTS AND SCORE

Sadly, this episode failed to truly capture the greatness of some of the others, and I don’t know why. It seemed a little slower paced and maybe a bit stiff? The Stickers talk was the star for your part Youko, but, oddly, the true saver of this edition was Panda’s BV.
I’m not sure if I should give the cast a higher score for this, or just thumbs up to panda.
I guess I’ll keep it all up to the cast itself.
7.5/10 (Would have been 6, if not for the BV)

Oh, and I can’t be arsed with the competition. Lulz XD

Sariku

Smash Master
Youko.

Problems on my area, and school sucks >.< I'm sorry, but you can expect it Firday Afternoon - Night or as soon as you wake up, as I would send it as soon as I got it. Metroid takes affect, as Ridley and Dark Samus make their Debuts this time around. Anything else for the episode? Nope, very dry... borrrinnnnggg episode of Who's In.

Or is it?

SwordHunter

Smash Apprentice
lots to talk about this week youko. the minister, subscape army, bosses, and of course diddy kong!

this has been a good week
Agreed, LOTS to talk about. Pretty much every update this week can make for good material.

Good? It's been a GREAT week! Should make for an excellent podcast, I'd say.

I'm also looking forward to Who's In, with Corruption just around the corner and all...

Sariku

Smash Master
I say make the title ' Corruption' or whatever. Smash has been corrupting us all this week, an with a Prime 3 whos in and it being out Monday, its seems like it'll work

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Next week when Ridley is revealed name it "Day of the Dragon" or something similar to that.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
"One Dragon in all the world..."

Name the week when Ridley is revealed that! i comes from the Manga.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Episode 8 Preview up!

I NEED A BV!!! Those of you say you want to help, now's the time to - I need one by tonight!!

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I PMed and E-mailed it to you, Youko. I had to type it. I appologize for that. My voice sounds really monotone when I try to record me being serious so it's probably for the best. I hope you use it! :)

My fingers hurt from typing. T_T

Sariku

Smash Master
Gagh recording is Hard Youko! I don't know how you do it so well! This is probably my worst quality episode in the sound department, just alittle better than SamoraiPanda's BV... but the most interesting one to say the least.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Ah, being opinionated vs. bland reporting, it's a fine line, is it not?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Yo, Youko.

I won't be entering a BV, sadly, but I should ask, would it be cool if I entered one again some time?

Or do you only take A BV from each person once?

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Why is it when I read the words "Golden Week" I can only think of One Piece?

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
My computer refuses to recognize my mic, so I'm going to borrow my girlfriends and if it works I shall be submitting things in the future.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Cant wait for the pod cast but seems like a lot of people have been entering BV after your request.

I would make one... but... it would likely be rubbish (And i gotta work on my comics XS).

Sariku

Smash Master
Well I'm going to bed, Hope to hear your podcast in the morning Youko! Also, hope you got an uber Brawl ViewPoint. The current leader of them goes to SamoraiPanda, his was just... awesome.

-cries-

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Super Smash Master - got yours
Colbusman - got yours
Moon Monkey - never got yours?? i tried to contact you about it, but still no dice.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Hey Youko,
how'd you like to face off in Strikers? I'd PM you, but I already sent you one about Show Me Your News! and I didn't want to spam your inbox.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Do you actually own the game now? I recall you sending me a PM a while back saying that you rented the game, but anyway, send me a PM again with your friend code and you can get mine from my sig here!

Top Bottom