• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Sariku

Smash Master
If Sariku whatever the hell his Japanese wannabe name is even disses Ridley the slightest bit, I'm going to f**king snap on him.
Shut the Hell up. I'm not in a good mood right now and we don't need all this God **** Flaming. I'll do what I think is best to be said, okay!?

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
You don't know how much hate Ridley gets on a daily basis. I'm tired of the H3's 700 b!9 arguments and other terrible reasons why he "shouldn't" be in Brawl. He is one of the most likely characters to appear in this game, and I'll be ****ed if I am going to put up with someone dissing Ridley on a podcast because he favors second rate characters like Lucario and Wolf.

Sariku

Smash Master
You don't know how much hate Ridley gets on a daily basis. I'm tired of the H3's 700 b!9 arguments and other terrible reasons why he "shouldn't" be in Brawl. He is one of the most likely characters to appear in this game, and I'll be ****ed if I am going to put up with someone dissing Ridley on a podcast because he favors second rate characters like Lucario and Wolf.
I could care less about God Dang Wolf, its Lucario and Sonic. You know they have better chances, well Sonic does. If Sega lets their grubby little paws off him that is...

Look, I said NOTHING about him NOT being in it, okay!? Just freaking wait and getting attitudes or I can just stop doing this. I'm in a very bad mood tonight and is willing to take anything and everything to the extreme.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
*starts dancing*
Ooo fun... fun fun..

I wanna hear what you have to say, gonna look forward to this episode a lot more than usual.

-Onyx

Sariku

Smash Master
Alright then, but I"m watching you.

-.<

There will be no Ridley hating on my watch mister.
Who's In, your Bi-Weekly Brawl Speculation Section devoted soely to Vetran Fighters and Newcomers alike. Will your Brawl Hopefuls make it in? Find my Opinions here.

Smashers, Metroid Prime is upon us. As Prime 3 is just around the corner, why not review if some of their hard hitters will hit hard in the next Smash Installment? Who will I choose? Lets start with a character that was said to be a newcomer quite a while ago. Ridley, the Space Pirate.

Ridley is too big and has no place in the Brawl Universe, so STFU GYPSY!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Who's In, your Bi-Weekly Brawl Speculation Section devoted soely to Vetran Fighters and Newcomers alike. Will your Brawl Hopefuls make it in? Find my Opinions here.

Smashers, Metroid Prime is upon us. As Prime 3 is just around the corner, why not review if some of their hard hitters will hit hard in the next Smash Installment? Who will I choose? Lets start with a character that was said to be a newcomer quite a while ago. Ridley, the Space Pirate.

Ridley is too big and has no place in the Brawl Universe, so STFU GYPSY!
LOL. Good one. :chuckle:

And don't base all your opinions on Metroid Prime. It's not the only Metroid game for god's sake. You won't understand how important and awesome Ridley is unless you've done your research or have played some of the classic games such as Super Metroid.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
WOAH! Awesome!!

WOW! This is great! :chuckle: For some reason, I missed this topic until recently (probably because it wasn't stickied, and was jumboed with some of the other threads). This is very well organized: having good grammar, clear pronunciation, and a professional feel to it. You also take deep thought and consideration into the subjects that you talk about, not to mention being unbiased about it. Also, I love the humor and other stuff you put into it, so it's not boring to listen to (unlike other things similar to this that I've seen done at other communities). When I listen to this, it feels as if I'm listening to a radio talk show about Smash, which creates the feeling that Smash is bigger than ever before. :)
I soooo want to contribute to this, yet my time is limited, but I'm going to try my hardest to do something.
Keep up the good GREAT work, Youko!!
And Sariku.Uchiha, your section is improving in quality every time; keep it up! And yeah, Ridley should be a character to be covered in "Who's In?".

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Haha I would seriously laugh if you actually said that.. And Youko actually let it in..

But then I would have to track you down and poison your waffles.. Or pancakes.. Hopefully the latter as its easier to poison..

Jokes all around, just a little ticked off at someone (None of you) and wanted to say something stupid.

-Onyx

Blackadder

Smash Master
*Pokes head out from coner*

...is the Ridley war over? Rejoice.

Anyways, not much to say, just that I'm really up for this weeks ep Youko! I look forward to the poke'mon trainer talk mostley.

woop.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
EP 7 PREVIEW IS UP, should be a great week!

And WHY are we talking about Ridley??? I'm as much of a Ridley supporter as the next guy, but this is terribly out of place! This is a "Show Yourself" week. So no Who's In f/ Ridley for THIS podcast.

And yes guys, PLEASE cut it out with the flaming; the idea of this podcast is to also support the Smashboards community as one of logical, intelligent discussion as a leader of the Smash Bros community. Not one that flames members for their views. Even though that may happen on other parts of the board, I DEFINITELY do not want that brought here.

...Youko has spoken. Have a good day.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Well said Youko.

Nowz! Should be a good cast, and I like the sound of the BV and show yourself things. 2ndstamp (Or whatever) I don't know, but I have seen TEH BV MANZ before, so it's more interesting.

Also, Youko.
I have a friend who dislikes your cast, on the grounds of "It's basicly somone telling you about the week that you already witnessed yourself. What's the point? Also, all the additional info it offers is already handy on SWF threads. I think the cast is a bit silly myself."

Now, he raises some good points, but I would just like to know your view on this, Youko.
Give him the rebuttlewith that reaper wit you (Or at least you basy persona)posseses!

XD

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
This podcast was something the Smashboards community needed and I'm just filling a need. There are some of us who are avidly anticipating Brawl and could use something Smash-related to brighten up our weekends, as those weekends are barren otherwise when it comes to Brawl.

Obviously, your friend has not listened well to the first podcast, where I address this issue. So I quote:

"Now, you may be asking, why a podcast when there’s the forums? I personally believe that what Mr. Sakurai is doing with the official website, turning it into a weekday blog, is…rather astounding for a game such as Brawl, a game that’s going to be one of Wii’s top-sellers with an absolutely MASSIVE fanbase. Frankly, it doesn’t hurt to get more documentation of these weeks to come, it’ll help the time pass until the game’s release, and it’ll give us fans who are avidly awaiting this game something to look forward to on the weekends."

Are we going to remember the week-by-week breakdown of these rather historical updates months and years after Brawl's release by just digging around in the forums' archives? That's just silly. I'm making Show Me Your News for you, the community, and it's meant to be kept alive by the support of you, the community. So I apologize if that is a "bit silly" cause.

But that brings up an excellent question to the viewers of this thread, WHY DO YOU ENJOY SHOW ME YOUR NEWS?

Really, I'm quite intrigued to know why! :)

Blackadder

Smash Master
And so my answer comes just as brilliantly and swiftly as I expected. Conveniantly, my friend just turned up on MSN!
Thanksfor answering Youko!

Now I may as well answer to your question. Why do I enjoy the Basy?

I guess...I just find it passes the time, it has wit and humour, yet remains intelligent and laid out in an easy to grasp style and format. I love the insight of the other smashers, and how everything is easier to take in when spoken, and not just text.

I guess I just find it very good listening, and well worth waiting every week for it.

How many other casts do YOU know that have barbershops at the end? HUH!?

I rest meine case.

SniperRy

Smash Apprentice
I love the style and format also but one thing i should add is you could proble make some money(or lots of ppl happy) restyling the unplugged songs that you do and possible selling or posting on the internet cuz they're awseome.

edit: i can't spell :p .

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
-Something new and Brawl related for the weekends.
-98% of the talk is rational and logical; always a plus.
-Occasionally, I'll hear something in the "Rumors" section that I have not heard about.
-Youko's voice.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
it's not full of ****, it makes sense, and with what i don't agree with actually is worth arguing over (why can't buzz lightyear be in SSMB??)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well what i like about it well... its always great to hear the entire weeks update in a new light.

Er... and everything else about it to be honest -.-

Anyways cant wait to hear what you think about PKMN Trainer and... Devil.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I like Show Me Your News! because it's funny, AND informative. You get to hear what a variety of smashers think about a variety of topics. The updates are intelligently analyzed for all they're worth, and "lame" updates can even get some light shown on them.

That's why SMYN! owns.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Oh, ****e!
I just rememberd on monday I have to update my story thread chapter, AND review the cast! (I get the cast on monday)

I'll try and do the cast first, and the story next..

I'll be busy bee. XD

Sariku

Smash Master
Well I'm about to leave for Church. I should be going to WalMart and getting a brand new iPod Nano (4gigs, Blue). This will be the first thing I listen to on it.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Ep 7 Stream Is Out! (33:30)

Download Coming Within The Half Hour!

Enjoy!!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
why is the link broken D:???!!!!!
I DEMAND TO HEAR EPISODE 7!!!!!
WRYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

but seriously, link is broken, and ep 7 isn't in your folder D:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I don't know what Link has done but apparently he has been a bad Link...

Sorry for such an awful joke : P

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
What a pity! It's working for me...

Anyhow, to appease you all, the DOWNLOAD IS NOW OUT!! :)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'm pretty sure the stream's fixed now. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
XD @ Lucario having "fighting/psychic" moves.

EDIT:

Sound effect guesses!:

1.Links hookshot connecting to a wall/ledge
2.Marth ^b
3.Nana-shiled break?
4.Mewtwo Teleport
5.Zelda-Farores Wind

These were a great idea, and fairly difficult.

EDIT2:

Totally forgot to mention this, but FANTASTIC job samurai panda.
You and youko should have hot, gay voice sex.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
okayokay, let me take a guess:

sound no 1: koopa klaw
2: ice clibers downB, minus the ice climbers voices.
3: some sort of shieldbroken sound. I believe jigglypuffs or kirbys. they sound too much alike XP
4:a teleport by mewtwo
5: zelda saying "HA!" during fafores wind/dins fire.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
*Yawn*
Mmm podcast..
*Takes a bite out of a bagel*
Still going strong Youko. Keep it up yet again!

-Onyx

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
1. Link's Hookshot hitting a surface
2. Ice Climbers Down + B
3. WTF YOSHI BEING *****?
4. Samus' FSmash?
5. Zelda -Farore's Wind

EDIT: Oh btw, I love SamuraiPanda's predictions and history analysis. I also tittered a bit with Second Stamp's Honesty/Modesty ("below average").

Top Bottom