• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Blackadder

Smash Master
Any better ideas to call it?

I knew that it was a pun on The Rundown, but we ARE talking about coming off a week where we got a new character for the first time in fifteen months...
Ummm...
lulz, no idea myself really?

"The week after"
"Blackadder rocks, Youko doesn't"

I have honestly no idea.
I guess the letdown isn't really awful, but as you said, it is after a GREAT week! And there wasn't much to be let down on, really. Any update is good.
Unless it's a bad new game concept or summat.

You could just call it
"Insert witty episode name here" lulz :lick:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
How bout "The week after..." or to put it better "The week after the week that was..." something like that... what do you lot think?

By the way sent you an E-mail!

(A lot of Dawn patrol round these parts... OOS FTW!)

Blackadder

Smash Master
^^
I already suggested 'The week after' XD

I wish I knew what OOS meant, so I could be offended or joyed about that...

lulzicle.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Omneox of smash and you should be offended... because we MEGA PWNZORZ!! you : P

O well if you already suggested that then how about "Mediocre week"... or something along those lines... -.-

Blackadder

Smash Master
Ehh, I dunno.
The week really wasn't a living hell was it?
Still, "The letdown" is okay, really. It's just the title.

Also, Dawn Patrol wins FOREVER legolastorm! We have had members on the cast twice, as well as the first shoutout!
WOO! *Dances*

...I'm being a jerk. lulz

Legolastom

Smash Hero
XD But seriously do you even have your own forum because you'd at least need your own thread here..

But i would consider it a let down to have an item as a Friday update...

Blackadder

Smash Master
We don't have our forum, but are pushing for our own thread. With no post count, so we can be freeeee.

And the item? That is hardly enough to bring the whole week down! I mean, this week wasn't fair on itself. It had to much to compete with. I think Youko should just stick with "The letdown". He does give the average smasher view, and it sounds cool...I guess?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The only good thing was Ike's special moves... i mean Pits final smash wasn't even a good one anyway! but i didn't know that Sakurai's birthday present would come at a price : (

Blackadder

Smash Master
Everything Sakurai comes at a price my friend. EVERYTHING.
That man is Genius, while evil.
The embodiment of a God.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The god of Mindgame'd

*sigh*... i love mindgames...

Why not name it Mindgames and just add nothing in it! it would stay true to the title.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Mindgames sounds cool.

@Youko:
The PAL end is Dec. 9th! Sad that the Basy will end then...
But you're right, 3 months should be great! ANd I look forward to when you get back into school, what with the ideas you have! XD

Sariku

Smash Master
This week in Who's In.

Donkey Kong takes the Mic and controls the podcast! Diddy Kong, and King K. Rool go for the gold, seeing who's the top dog. Plus some of my ideas for great and unique Assist Tropheys. Don't wanna miss it.

~ Sariku

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ehh, I dunno.
The week really wasn't a living hell was it?
Still, "The letdown" is okay, really. It's just the title.

Also, Dawn Patrol wins FOREVER legolastorm! We have had members on the cast twice, as well as the first shoutout!
WOO! *Dances*

...I'm being a jerk. lulz
But I've been mentioned, so that's one for Omneox! :grin:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
He he he and (Hopefully) soon i will get mentioned... Anyways cant wait till this weeks "Who's in" Sariku!

Doubt King K rool though... but who else could get in over him? *ponders* (Apart from diddy of course)

And you might wanna edit your smash Wiki john its a little inaccurate *Looks at post count*

Florida

イーグランツ
When I was reading the episode 6 preview, I noticed the mention of my name.
I was all, "o_O".

I submitted that thing for a debut in Episode 2, but I guess 4 episodes later doesn't hurt. :)
I hope everyone enjoys listening to me? I forget what I said exactly, and I really hope I don't sound completely stupid. Hehe.

Sariku

Smash Master
Hmm, since Youko's Offline, I'll show you what should be in the front page, on the first post.

Episode 3 of Who's In is here, and DK took control of this crazy episode. Diddy and Rool are both up, both being in high regard, plus his assist trophey reconmendations.

Okay, not really what should be up there, I just made that up, but thats what this episode will be about, can't wait to hear your feedback on it.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Hey there, listeners!

The episode will be released later this evening, please see the first post for details. I really tried to avoid this minor delay for you all, but I didn't have much of a choice. So I thought I'd be good and let you all know instead of having people become impatient and lose faith in the podcast...

The episode will be 32 minutes long, and I hope you all find it to be acceptable! Despite the letdown in update quality, I tried to only improve for you all!

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Hey there, listeners!

The episode will be released later this evening, please see the first post for details. I really tried to avoid this minor delay for you all, but I didn't have much of a choice. So I thought I'd be good and let you all know instead of having people become impatient and lose faith in the podcast...

The episode will be 32 minutes long, and I hope you all find it to be acceptable! Despite the letdown in update quality, I tried to only improve for you all!
You're a great guy Youko! Thinkin about your fans like that. ^_^ Thankies. I'm looking forward to the podcast!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Masahiro Sakurai i implore you to "Show me your news!"

Enjoying your new forum Blackadder? XD

And Gypsy why not send in a feature on Ridley?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Eh?
How the heck to you know about the DP forum?
Lulzicle.

And yeah, I wanna here stuff on Ridley. Go for it!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Sariku you crack me up XD... AT! o god so funny.... ahhh... *serious look* if you need any help on anything just go to the Ridley thread we will be more than happy to help!

And Blackadder... i know EVERYTHING!

Sariku

Smash Master
But I'm serious about Ridley, Sakurai don't care about Metroid, lol.

Nagh, joking, but who kows about what will happen to Ridley? I just made you impation for the next Who's In.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Hey there, listeners!

That's cool,take a rather lack-luster week and stretch it out longer than normal!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
EP. 6 IS FINALLY OUT! (STREAM VERSION)

Thank you all for the patience and understanding! Hope it's worth the wait!

Florida

イーグランツ
Meh, I didn't sound as bad as I thought. It did seem I went on forever though xD
I can't really comment on this constructively, at least not now. When I'm on my own comp I'll post a detailed response. Love your "Youko Unplugged" this week, almost made me cry :p

Though I'll give Sariku a quick critique:
You've improved on the tone of your voice, you sound much more confident.
Diddy Kong is a shoe-in, in my opinion. K. Rool is pushing it, I'd rather have Stanley.
More later, then.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Alright, good entries Youko, Sariku, and egruntz [and tyvm for mentioning Wiseguy's Brawl online thread=my thoughts exactly! ^_^]. And you gotta love the Yoshi Story music, and might I suggest the Fire Emblem theme next time=that song rocks.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i think we need to be warned about people's voices. i mean usually i think everyone is older, especially with their names, and i end up with a high pitched egruntz and sariku voice. then again, i'm probably just used to youko's voice all the time.

anyway, given the week we've had, it was a good podcast youko. good job

off-topic, i still need to play strikers against you youko, but you're never on! play the game!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
La la la~ Pointing out tiny flaws~

Fox's reflector isn't a G-Diffuser. Mostly because that's a ship part. (And the G is for gravity)

DK really doesn't change size. (Though due to the angle, you could argue this)

Personal Opinions~

K. Rool is really meh, so I agree with him not getting the thumbs up. Also, people shouldn't act like Sonic is basically in. His chances are not at a shoe-in status, as we have no idea how Nintendo handles multiple third party companies in one games. >_>

Headphones are still a bad idea, even if there is a blocking system. Plus, it's one more thing you need to buy. (Heck, Nintendo's basic stance to online probably knocks them out)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Ugh, too lazy to give a real long review..

School is wiping me out and I don't want to think about things like that..

But is Ike really pronounced like that? ><

It was pretty good though, no less than previous weeks. I don't expect a lot from the podcasts as I am not looking forward to it as much.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
- G-Diffuser was a term I had heard someone else here use, and I didn't want to say "Shine Box Thing," so I went with it...sorry.

- Then what DOES Konga Beat do? Cuz I'm judging from the fire-effects on the last picture in that update...hmmm...

- (From Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Fire_Emblem:_Path_of_Radiance) Ike (アイク, Aiku) is the son of Commander Greil of the Greil Mercenaries. The story begins with Ike's last day as a trainee in his father's mercenary company, and follows him as he grows in power to lead a military force for the purpose of restoring an entire nation.

...So I'd assume yes.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well you could have called it the reflector, but it's just a tiny point that doesn't matter.

The flames on his arms are curious, but they probably just increase his strength. The size in the picture seems a bit inflated, but not very diffrent from DK's normal giant frame.

Black/Light

Smash Master
My thoughts. . .

I think that there needs to be another host so that there could be talking between two or more people. Imo that that would be alot more interesting than one person recapping and given thier opinion on the site plus it would give use different views on the site's updates.

And Sariku seems to be too biased with his "who is in" part.
(But really, what can you expect?)

Oh, and Im pretty sure Ike will be a heavy character. Heavy and slow. . . like Link.

SwordHunter

Smash Apprentice
I think that there needs to be another host so that there could be talking between two or more people. Imo that that would be alot more interesting than one person recapping and given thier opinion on the site plus it would give use different views on the site's updates.
...except a podcast like that already exists: the SmashCast...

I think this setup works - it covers the different relevant topics and expands logically on them. And anyway, this comes out way more often and if there were more than one host, it would take a LOT longer to put together and put out for all of us.

So I'm fine with how it is.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Id say he gives a very good "who's in" part but well... EVERYONE is biased in some way.

But another good pod cast "Masahiro Sakurai i implore you to *do do dooo doo do* ShOW ME your neWS!"

By the way looking forward to Ridley's "who's in" next week!

Also good work on the Yoshi's ending music... Lets see you try OOT melody next week.

Top Bottom