• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should The Change Be Made?

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I‘d be ok with that.

There is more customization in Squad Strike (e.g. number of possible characters per player can be a custom option, characters can have multiple lives in elimination)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
No thanks, we already have smash and a traditional fighting game might be weird for nintendo characters.
Also why did you say “Tekken/Dragon Ball FighterZ Clone” as if those gameplay styles are similar?

Anyways, (not related to smash but…)
We get a Mario and Sonic Racing game instead of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
If it is one more character to any roster with no changes otherwise, then what was lost? Of course then, I would take it.

King Dedede is in Smash Bros. 64, but Ness is deferred until Melee.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’d be ok with that.

Mad Piano was added instead of Piranha Plant.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Nah.

Each Challenger Pack came with 2 stages - the extra stages are:

1. Joker: Tokyo
  2. Hero: Mt. Huji
  3. Banjo: Click-Clock Woods
  4. Terry: USA Train Yard
  5. Byleth: Akania
  6. Min Min: Ramen Bowl
  7. Steve: The Nether
  8. Sephiroth: Cosmo Canyon
  9. Pythra: New Los Angeles
  10. Kazuya: Acid Rain

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I'd be cool with that! Sounds like a pretty neat idea actually, thought it might have made development a little more difficult overall...

Every 1st party character who has been an Assist Trophy gets into the next Smash, but all 3rd party content is permenantly removed from Smash as a series.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
As much as I favor first party characters, I would not want to sacrifice Sonic. That is an interesting one. I would probably turn it down, but not without a struggle!

Jeff (Earthbound) is a newcomer in Smash Bros. 4 instead of the villager.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
As much as I favor first party characters, I would not want to sacrifice Sonic. That is an interesting one. I would probably turn it down, but not without a struggle!

Jeff (Earthbound) is a newcomer in Smash Bros. 4 instead of the villager.
Whilst I'd personally prefer to see either Starman, Giegue or Porky as the next "Mother Rep," Jeff sounds like a cool and unique pick! Even so, I feel like the addition of Animal Crossing to Smash was probably "more important" than a new Mother character, as painful as it is to admit...

The next Smash Bros. title adds one rep to every series currently represented in Smash Bros with a fighter (except series only represented by one fighter, such as Ice Climbers, Tekken, etc) but also takes away one rep from all of these series in return...

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
It depends on who is taken, and on who is gained. I really do want to see another Kong next (with exceptions), perhaps another Metroid representative, Toad, Dr. Eggman, and others, but if that means cutting King Dedede or a few other favorites, then that by itself would be a strong deterrent. I could take it or leave it, depending on such information. I likely would not be disappointed, but choose to be safe, and not confirm that.

Final smashes are no longer cutscenes, but the roster shrinks to two-thirds of its original size, with the characters cut being the newest of every franchise with less than three representatives.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Hmm... OK! He's pretty rad in Remix.

The Switch has a proper Virtual Console. Starting from launch, it comes with 10 classic games for free:

1. The Legend of Zelda (NES)
  2. Excitebike (NES)
  3. Kirby's Adventure (NES)
  4. Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World (SNES)
  5. Yoshi's Island (SNES)
  6. Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
  7. Tetris (Game Boy)
  8. Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land (Game Boy)
  9. Kuru Kuru Kururin (GBA)
  10. Pokémon Puzzle League (N64)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Great idea, man!

The Less Requested Pass:
  • Andross (Star Fox)
  • ExciteBiker
  • Muddy Mole
  • Castle Crasher
  • Filia (Skullgirls)
  • Opa-Opa (Fantasy Zone)
I'd actually hella love that as an idea - Opa-Opa and Excitebiker specifically have always been some of my personal "sleeper picks" in a sense, but the other four seem like they'd be pretty cool editions! (I can imagine Muddy Mole having a mechanic a little like that of Orcane in Rivals or Vaporeon in Smash Land where his recovery relies on him placing down a manhole cover and hopping from it?

A sort of adaptation: A Retro Fighters Pass
  • Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
  • Mike Jones (StarTropics)
  • Dig Dug (Dig Dug)
  • Starman (Pro Wrestling)
  • Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
  • Bonus Character: Diskun (Famicom)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Gooooood! Perfect!

Evanwoo10's/Wario Wario Wario's Animated Smash Bros. becomes a Real Game on Switch and Switch 2.
I'd like to see that! It sounds like a quite interesting concept, to be honest.

Instead of Pirahna Plant, a different Mario "normal" enemy was added (though you can pick which one).

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Yes, Goomba, thank you.

Instead of a new instalment, Smash gets a Mario-exclusive spin-off on the next Nintendo console.
As much as it would be incredibly interesting, especially if we were to see more unusual Mario characters like Kamek, it could be really interesting... but given that nobody talks about Kirby Fighters 2 nowadays, and the best element of Smash (to me at least) is being able to fight different franchises and the like, I'd personally opt to politely decline.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
As much as it would be incredibly interesting, especially if we were to see more unusual Mario characters like Kamek, it could be really interesting... but given that nobody talks about Kirby Fighters 2 nowadays, and the best element of Smash (to me at least) is being able to fight different franchises and the like, I'd personally opt to politely decline.
(I think you forgot to make a change.)

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I would prefer Toad as a stand-alone character, but if it is the only way to get him in with the others, then so be it.

None of the newcomers to Brawl are featured until Smash Bros. 4, but your most wanted character appears in Brawl and beyond, and exactly as you would have them to play.

No bro. No Brawl Existing is No No.

Super Smash Smash Bros. Allstar Remaster Collection (Compilation Smash Bros. game with 3 Remaked Games in Pack (64, Melee and Brawl with Subspace Emmisary) gets released on Switch with Master Hand and Crazy Hand amiibos with addition of N64 Controller to Play Smash 64 and Wii Remote to Play Smash Bros Brawl. (I didn't Icluded GC controller, because that would be stupid since some people have GC controllers already)

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I would be indifferent. If it only has aesthetic purpose not in gameplay, then I could take it or leave it.

One music track (your choice) is removed for each series with representative music, but in exchange, each character has there own Smash Bros.-original theme music if they have not their own already.

Last edited:
Top Bottom