• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should The Change Be Made?

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’d be ok with that

There is a free bonus pass that includes Sandbag, The Mad Piano from Mario 64, The Wii Balance Board, and a Tetris block as new playable characters.

Last edited:

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
There is a free bonus pass that includes Sandbag, The Mad Piano from Mario 64, The Wii Balance Board, and a Tetris block as new playable characters.
No we are not putting Sakurai through any slave labor.

Samus's up special distance gets doubled and can go diagonal at the cost of significant knock-back reduction.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Nintendo buys Microsoft and they make an Game Called: "Nintendo Allstars vs Microsoft Allstars Battle" similar to SSB and MvC.
Nintendo & Microsoft collaborate & make an Game Called: "Nintendo Allstars vs Microsoft Allstars Battle" similar to SSB and MvC. Yes.

Girahim was a newcomer instead of Byleth and was never an assist trophy in SSBU.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Andross being announced as Newcomer on Game Awards 2021, being Possibly as Bonus Playable Character. (Just ignore the Andross Assist Trophy!)
No to the troll idea. Sorry Andross as a playable DLC Fighter Game Awards reveal is an insult. Andross playable would have to wait till next base game.

Master Chief as a playable SSBU DLC fighter Game Awards reveal

IDK, he fits better as Assist Trophy Role.

Next Smash includes Sami (Without Gimmicks), Takamaru, ExciteBiker, Isaac (Golden Sun), Akira Howard, Andross (Villain Rep), Medusa, Spring-Man, Ray MK II (Whoss Gimmick is Ray MK III upgrade ability) and Muddy Mole as Newcomers.

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
Those sound pretty cool, so sure.

Ultimate gets ported to the next big Nintendo console and adds one newcomer to every franchise.

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Those sound pretty cool, so sure.

Ultimate gets ported to the next big Nintendo console and adds one newcomer to every franchise.
That constitutes a very tough bargain! It is difficult to say, but that would certainly give me the opportunity to play Ultimate before the next fashionable release appears, and yet allow me to try so many new characters. I take it.

Every character now has a shield special move.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Microsoft makes own Smash Clone, which includes Master Chief, Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, Pirate, etc.
No. Does not fit the greedy Microsoft mold. unless ... I will do you one better

Microsoft partners with Sony and hires ( Ludosity and Fair Play Labs ) to make their own Smash Clone ( Sony Vs. Microsoft )

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
Some people would be care about it but not many, so no.

Smash 7 is a fully 3D platform fighter (think about something similar to DBZ Kararot's combat but no flying and with platforms and stuff). The other players' locations are always shown to avoid confusion.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
While the idea of a 3D fighter seems interesting, I’m a little hesitant on seeing it work in SSB, so I’ll say no.

Metal Cavern/Meta Crystal was avaiable in all SSB games, even in multiplayer.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Metal Cavern/Meta Crystal was avaiable in all SSB games, even in multiplayer.
if you can post a link i may say yes.

Sakurai pays attention and implements as many good things from ( Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl ) as possible in the next Smash game.

being able to turn in Midair and on the ground.

being able to lock in the position you are facing.

air dashes replace air dodges.

No air grabs though.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
For the most part, these are reasonably good suggestions, in my opinion. It would certainly take getting used to for me, as far as Smash Bros. is concerned.

Instead of seven Fire Emblem characters, we keep Marth, Ike, and Roy, and gain Lyn. The difference is compensated for by Marx, Kracko, and bandana waddle dee, (all from Kirby).

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
IDK, I don't have a opinion about it.

Smash makes spin-off based on mix of Mario Party and Warioware.
(Gameplay is about being on contest while doing random Minigame Challenges)
I can see the idea being cool and interesting, especially if the minigames were based on various IPs as opposed to generalised ones, but given the recent reactions to Mario Party games and the like, I'd have to err on the side of caution and say no.

Following the reveal of DLC11, a Mii Fighter Pass is announced that is completely made up of "Deluxe Mii Costumes," as well as new tracks. However, they'd have to be fairly realistic in terms of licensing and the like.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Absolutely not.

Mega Man has less projectiles.
If the projectiles were replaced with other actual references, I'd be up for that. I think it is cool that he has a lot of references to his classic series, but it might have worked to reference MVC a little? Personally, I'd be on the fence about it, but if the spirit of him being a direct reference to his classic games is sort of continued, I'd say yes sheerly for the sake of balance and making him more fun to play.

The next game in the series only has newcomers in the forms of characters who have been Assist Trophies at some point in Smash's history.

Top Bottom