• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight Be Banned? The Poll (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazygoose

Smash Cadet
You know what, **** it. I'm quitting Smash tournaments here and now. At first I thought that the mindset here was an isolated case (well, in a relative sense). But at every tournament, convention or even general gaming hangout like a comic book store there is at least one BigCraig or Tnga there to ruin everyone else's fun. So, **** it.

Super Turbo HD Remix is a month away at max, with Street Fighter 4 hot on its heels to remind people what competitive fighters really are. I swear to the Satan Crystals, the "pros" are the worst thing to happen to Smash, without a doubt. Way to take a fun game and try to not only turn it on its head, but ruin it for other tournament fans as well.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
You know what, **** it. I'm quitting Smash tournaments here and now. At first I thought that the mindset here was an isolated case (well, in a relative sense). But at every tournament, convention or even general gaming hangout like a comic book store there is at least one BigCraig or Tnga there to ruin everyone else's fun. So, **** it.

Super Turbo HD Remix is a month away at max, with Street Fighter 4 hot on its heels to remind people what competitive fighters really are. I swear to the Satan Crystals, the "pros" are the worst thing to happen to Smash, without a doubt. Way to take a fun game and try to not only turn it on its head, but ruin it for other tournament fans as well.
There are people on both sides of the argument. Stereotypes aren't fun, not at all. It'd be nice if you didn't do it. :bee:

in OTHER words... Don't just say that everyone is getting negatives from this. It's a discussion to see where smash wants to go, if you can't handle a simple discussion, fine.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master

Good for you. If you don't like something, don't play it.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed: Hylian wants to ban Metaknight?

fffffffffff he seemed like he was trying hard to learn how to beat him too ffffffffff

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I just noticed: Hylian wants to ban Metaknight?

fffffffffff he seemed like he was trying hard to learn how to beat him too ffffffffff
He was. All of us have.
MK just kept getting better and better in spite of everyone's efforts, even Hylians.

crazygoose

Smash Cadet
Good for you. If you don't like something, don't play it.
Thats not my problem. I love the **** games, and I love competing. But its gotten to the point where the tournament drama is so unbearable that its not worth it to me anymore, and I'm sure I can't be the only one.

This bull**** isn't fair to the rest of us who just want to have a good time and compete without having to put up with all this crap.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Thats not my problem. I love the **** games, and I love competing. But its gotten to the point where the tournament drama is so unbearable that its not worth it to me anymore, and I'm sure I can't be the only one.

This bull**** isn't fair to the rest of us who just want to have a good time and compete without having to put up with all this crap.
Wow, the only drama I hear is coming from you.

If you don't like the "drama"- and this is a legit debate with altering viewpoints, not an emotional issue, or at least it shouldn't be- then simply avoid the thread and go play the game and compete. Seriously. Why are you making a big deal over this debate? A decision has to be made one way or another, and a discussion like this is the only way to achieve it.

Calm down. You're making it out to be something its not.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I vote Yes. He should be banned. Hopefully this voting should point out to people that he should be banned.
Yeah I love taking surveys that everyone regardless of experience can answer and then calling it the general consensus. In fact I just made this design for a rocket I'm planning on testing this summer, I'm going to go ask a forum what they think regardless of their familiarity with rockets.

Half of these names voting I've never even seen before, let alone seen them place high in a tournament of any worth.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Yeah I love taking surveys that everyone regardless of experience can answer and then calling it the general consensus. In fact I just made this design for a rocket I'm planning on testing this summer, I'm going to go ask a forum what they think regardless of their familiarity with rockets.

Half of these names voting I've never even seen before, let alone seen them place high in a tournament of any worth.
Man, everytime I see you post I fall in love with you over again. Are you coming to TGMT2?

Smash Master

People need to stop making it seem like the anti-meta side is all scrubs who want Falcon dittos and the pro-meta side is all bad players who don't know how to use anyone else. Perhaps both sides are somewhat informed, no?

Overswarm

is laughing at you

More like you've just made this design for a rocket and are going to ask a forum of rocket scientists what they think.

This is a public straw poll, showing only the overall opinion of the public. Regardless, if you think this is inaccurate you haven't been paying much attention. =P

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
What you fail to mention in your thread is how many things Meta has against those characters.

ALL PRO-META PEOPLE: Look, you can theorycraft all you want. There's just no denying Meta dominates the tournament scene, is incredibly easy to play, and hinders any competitive possibility for multiple characters.
This man wins the thread.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
People need to stop making it seem like the anti-meta side is all scrubs who want Falcon dittos and the pro-meta side is all bad players who don't know how to use anyone else. Perhaps both sides are somewhat informed, no?
Or maybe BOTH sides are idiots. That could be true too. :laugh:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
More like you've just made this design for a rocket and are going to ask a forum of rocket scientists what they think.

This is a public straw poll, showing only the overall opinion of the public. Regardless, if you think this is inaccurate you haven't been paying much attention. =P
Ok yes I just made the thread in a forum for rocket scientists. However 10 percent of the people on this thread actually work on rockets.. and the other 90 percent talk about making rockets but never actually have (never been to a tournament) or worked on the Challenger (placed last and will continue to place poorly)

I even put what the allusion means in parenthesis for the apparent masses that lack simple comprehension... Don't worry I realize I'm amazing.

So if you think this is accurate, you're fairly simple-minded.

I think most people voting are misinformed. I didn't say what side I was on, though I for one would rather not see him banned. I just said that most people posting are misinformed casual players that no matter if he's banned or not will be very largely unaffected as they will continually place second to last whether they play a meta or an olimar.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Most of the scrubs who voted joined this month and probably have absolutely no idea how to play the game correctly. And if this offends you, then hey, what's up? You're bad at the game. It doesn't matter which side you voted for if you have zero tournament experience and you can barely beat a level 9 computer...like 99% of smashboards.

salaboB

Smash Champion
I think most people voting are misinformed. I didn't say what side I was on, though I for one would rather not see him banned. I just said that most people posting are misinformed casual players that no matter if he's banned or not will be very largely unaffected as they will continually place second to last whether they play a meta or an olimar.
Unfortunately, the continued attendance of many of them (And money in the pot/feeling of a populated tournament) may be contingent on not having to face MK then MK on their route to this loss (It cuts off after 2 because they're out by then)
Can't there be a third option, like wait and see.
That's "Don't vote"

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Unfortunately, the continued attendance of many of them (And money in the pot/feeling of a populated tournament) may be contingent on not having to face MK then MK on their route to this loss (It cuts off after 2 because they're out by then)
I have a large feeling whether Metaknight is banned or not the tournament attendances will follow the general trend it would have followed regardless.

Edit: Double my bad.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
YES!!!!! metaknight is way too broke. ive only seen one good metaknight player, everyonw else justs spams torando. hes already banned in italy, might at well ban him in the good 'ol USA.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Most of the scrubs who voted joined this month and probably have absolutely no idea how to play the game correctly. And if this offends you, then hey, what's up? You're bad at the game. It doesn't matter which side you voted for if you have zero tournament experience and you can barely beat a level 9 computer...like 99% of smashboards.
Just read by names that are colored purple, green, and red.
Same results.

salaboB

Smash Champion
I have a large feeling whether Metaknight is banned or not the tournament attendances will follow the general trend it would have followed regardless.
Then Brawl is doomed soon and the whole discussion is unnecessary, let's ban him so we can have more diversity in its final months.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
No offense but some of the mods don't even play smash, same with the Green... the only special color that means anything is purple or there are a few mods that play smash and our also in the SBR

Green is for the normal BRoom, sure some of us are prominent members of the community but there are a fair few that aren't heavy tournament goers in fact I'm probably in the minority.

Same with the mods, not to many mods are also extremely high placers in tournament.

I took a quick count of whom I know is active in smash as well as being in the BRoom and I got

9 for Yes
7 for No

Fairly even.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wow, I can't believe ANYONE would want a character banned.
I couldn't agree more. ;_;

If they compare Kirby Super Star Ultra Meta Knight, then the Brawl Meta Knight wouldn't even stand a chance. But I blame people that don't pick they favroite chracters to win, but just chracters that place high in toruneys.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

woohoo another bites the dust........so long!

May this epidemic known as metaknight destroy this community

popsofctown

Smash Champion
This poll is so extremely unscientific that it should not be considered nearly at all. Someone pointed out the huge statistical problems and they are correct.

However, if anyone has been saying that "noobs" are voting, and that only good players can vote, that greatly angers me. There has to be losers in any community for it to continue going. The losers at tournaments as much as everyone else. How good players are doesn't make a community, numbers of players makes a community. And really, most of those losers are more "smashers" than the winners are, since some of them are motivated by pride, glory, money, while the bottom of every tournament ranking is filled by players who are actually playing for love of the game.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't know people could see where I put my vote. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom