• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? **Take 2** (Post-podcast)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm wanted both first AND second place, and local tournaments instead of just major tournaments. As amazing as M2K might be, I don't think he's perfected the concept of time paradox to be able to attend every single tournament on every single weekend.

32 out of 76 is still less than 18 out of 38, though, so I'm not exactly sure what OS was getting at.
?

When did I ask for second place?

I asked for the 2nd best ranking character on that list. The gap is huge.

salaboB

Smash Champion
I don't think that was ever said. It was stated that a large number of the points MK has come from Mew2King winning gigantic tournaments going all MK, thus netting MK tons of points every time.
80% wins was said. Whether it's what was meant or not, it was said (And CO18 was defending it being disagreed with so it seems like that's what was meant)
BECAUSE FREAKING M2k and DSF MAIN HIM AND GET LIKE 80% OF HIS WINS BECAUSE THEY ARE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE.

JUST LIKE HOW M2k WAS STILL THE BEST EC PLAYER WHEN HE USED DEDEDE AND DSF WAS THE BEST WEST COAST PLAYER WHEN HE USED SNAKE.
I said he earned a large number of points but not that huge a percent of the wins in response to it :p

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
It's not that it's unfair, it's just downright stupid. I'd say at least half of the SBR right now doesn't even play Brawl, and they are the leaders of the Brawl community... haha.

People should just come to their own conclusions instead of relying on the ridiculous and over-theorizing SBR.

gantrain05

Smash Master
wow, if they even play it...then why are they the leaders??? hahaha it's a bit contradicting if you aks me, so i shouldn't trust the sbr?
they were probably the leaders since melee, and just didn't move on to brawl.....i don't think that the non-brawl playing SBR members should even have a say in it.

DraKmoN001

Smash Apprentice
By the way, of the 35 people who voted NOT to ban MK in the SBR, only 6 go to tournaments regularly.

Isn't it great that our decision is lead by 29 people who you can barely qualify as Brawl players?
1. I thought being an intelligent and oft-contributing individual was the qualification for entering the SBR, and not necessarily being tourney goers? If the decision on MK was supposed to be only decided by individuals who go to tourneys and not SBRers in general, perhaps that should have been specified.

2. If these individuals "barely qualify as Brawl players", why are they in the SBR then?

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
1. I thought being an intelligent and oft-contributing individual was the qualification for entering the SBR, and not necessarily being tourney goers? If the decision on MK was supposed to be only decided by individuals who go to tourneys and not SBRers in general, perhaps that should have been specified.

2. If these individuals "barely qualify as Brawl players", why are they in the SBR then?
Most of them are intelligent posters from the Melee era. You can't understand something like the MK issue simply by reading text.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you are mad late with this info son

and does OS count as playing brawl, cus he makes it very known to everybody that he never ever practices...

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Well, to be fair, not many Pro-ban members attend many tournies either, nor do they win them so much like M2K, Ninjalink, Atomsk, and Inui.

gantrain05

Smash Master
wait im confused, whats goin on M2K? someone was spreading lies about the SBR vote?

and on a side note Edrees is pro, he ain't no runner up, best **** peach in the world.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
wow Lee stop spreading lies what you said has already been proven false in back room immediately after you said it, and the same can be said for your side. The only truely top player that even voted to ban MK in back room was chillin, runner up being edress
O rly? Quote it for me where I was proven wrong. Oh wait, you can't.

I thought you quit?
Yeah, I'm just bored today and I feel like debating :) I play better games now (GGAC, SF)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I'm not quoting the back room WTF you aren't allowed to do that but they already said there's many more top players than the one you named. On average, and from just pure numbers, AS WELL AS almost every top player outside of TX that I talk to says banning MK is ********. I said TOP players. If you are just taking average players our side still has more.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I wonder if the ban side is gonna maintain that almost-exactly-200 lead all the way up into the thousands again, haha.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I'm not quoting the back room WTF you aren't allowed to do that but they already said there's many more top players than the one you named. On average, and from just pure numbers, AS WELL AS almost every top player outside of TX that I talk to says banning MK is ********. I said TOP players. If you are just taking average players our side still has more.
then how do you explain losing the poll =/

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I think he should be banned. He's just way too strong. He has an advantage over pretty much every character. The only way a Snake can be a good Metaknight is for him to spam grenades, but that won't work for long.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
because the smarter people know what they are talking about? for the most part, the higher up in skill level you go, the greater %age of people are against it
This is mostly dependent on the region.

M2K is right about not quoting the back room though Lee; it's private for a reason.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lmao. what the heck?

edit: wow, I just popped in to see that the votes are 664 and 466

too goodzzzz

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Hahaha, they kicked me out of the SBR today for posting the info about how there are hardly any tournament players in the anti-ban side. The Smash community has awesome leadership
You shouldn't have been in there anyways. Isn't the backroom for people that contribute to the community, host good tournaments, are top players, or any combination of the three? You don't really fit that stuff too well.

Oh, you're also a jackass that hasn't earned one tiny bit of his arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom