• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? **Take 2** (Post-podcast)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Please, honorable? No one here is honorable, people who want to will do what ever they can to win. Why do you think there's no soft bans in America? >_> Besides, you say using another character is honorable? Sticking with another character is honorable? Why is that? I say using MK is just as honorable, only smarter. -_-" Competitive spirit, lol... It kinda gets lost below the 1500 points MK as, the get better stuff, and the elitist crap spewed around here sometime. However, I agree with you on that. People should try to do more to win against metaknight, especially those with a 60-40 or better match up against MK. :D

salaboB

Smash Champion
But individual TOs could decide to ban him a long time ago if they wanted too.
The conversation can still give them food for thought on the decision.

Why should it be locked? So a bunch of other threads can keep popping up about it?

Just like I suggested to brinboy, if you don't like the thread anymore or don't see a point to it, just stop clicking it. That way, everyone can be happy.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
The conversation can still give them food for thought on the decision.

Why should it be locked? So a bunch of other threads can keep popping up about it?

Just like I suggested to brinboy, if you don't like the thread anymore or don't see a point to it, just stop clicking it. That way, everyone can be happy.
i think samuraipand or M3D should post a thread about SBR views on MK, and TELL tourney TO's that he can be banned if they want, but the SBR decision is not to ban him. and lock and sticky so everybody can see. if TO's can ban him, ok, fine. why discuss about it?

salaboB

Smash Champion
why discuss about it?
Would you prefer multiple threads popping up daily that require locking instead?

And since it's obvious that neither side has really debunked the other, the discussion can still go on. People occasionally have even gotten to useful stuff during these topics.

Why do you keep posting to basically say "Why am I still allowed to post here?" Just stop clicking on the thread.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
i think samuraipand or M3D should post a thread about SBR views on MK, and TELL tourney TO's that he can be banned if they want, but the SBR decision is not to ban him. and lock and sticky so everybody can see. if TO's can ban him, ok, fine. why discuss about it?
Obama is the president-elect. He'll be the president for the next 4 years. Why talk about the republicans...ever?

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Would you prefer multiple threads popping up daily that require locking instead?

And since it's obvious that neither side has really debunked the other, the discussion can still go on. People occasionally have even gotten to useful stuff during these topics.

Why do you keep posting to basically say "Why am I still allowed to post here?" Just stop clicking on the thread.
because you guys are STILL trying to get him banned, even when the SBR already made the decision! and then add to the ruleset of SBR posting, "no threads about MK banning unless someone finds something revolutionary" or something like that.

Tenki

Smash Hero
i think samuraipand or M3D should post a thread about SBR views on MK, and TELL tourney TO's that he can be banned if they want, but the SBR decision is not to ban him.
There's already a thread about SBR views on MK.
As stated previously, TO's can do whatever they want, and the SBR's decision is just a "weighted" recommendation.

kr3wman

Smash Master
My main is Sheik/Zelda right now .. and I know to play this game.. but my Wii will come on Christmas.. and will strive to improve even more.. You can challenge me soon :)
It was a joke.

The Pikachu:Fox matchup is 9:1.

I don't think you don't want to Counterpick that.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
So has Bum, lol. DK ftw.

I only won one tournament? Oh, right, I got 2nd to Mew2King two times. x_x
sucks to be in NJ, no? jk, NJ is cool.

I don't let matchups or tier lists get into my mind.. I don't believe in that sh..t

I would take that challenge and defeat your surely :chuckle:

Based on what is that matchup so ridiculous ?
Pikachu's CG on Fox.
YouTube it.

Of course, with all items... no, a CG is CG no matter which way you slice it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
dthrow can chain to like 100%, in case you didnt know
What are you trying to say? I said the two things that make the Pikachu vs Fox match up ridiculous. Where did I imply that dthrow was like overrated in the match up?

And it's 70% with DI. finish with usmash, then follow horizontal DI with thunder, rinse and repeat.

I did it to 140% to someone who didn't DI

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Too bad you are extremely susceptible to shield stabbing or shield breakage after you shield the tornado correctly. If the MK retreats and doesn't allow you to punish him, it is really annoying to deal with the Tornado still.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Too bad you are extremely susceptible to shield stabbing or shield breakage after you shield the tornado correctly. If the MK retreats and doesn't allow you to punish him, it is really annoying to deal with the Tornado still.
Maybe, if you continue to move into MK after an unsuccessful Tornado punishment.

`.`; some characters can afford to space/run until their shield is strong enough lol.

XienZo

Smash Lord
That can be overcome if you have good range or quick speed, since you should always be able to punish him.

Nothing good for ganon...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
because you guys are STILL trying to get him banned, even when the SBR already made the decision! and then add to the ruleset of SBR posting, "no threads about MK banning unless someone finds something revolutionary" or something like that.
Dude, this topic is always up for discussion, as is any topic. Findings of "not ban" or anything or that type are, technically speaking, temporary decisions until replaced. That includes the undiscussed currently, "ban Ganondorf" question. Obviously the answer to the vast majority of those questions will be "not ban", at least in regards to characters, but they are open questions until the decision is made to ban (in which case the "unban Ganondorf" question replaces it) if that decision ever is made.

This is the way discourse occurs because people need to be able to revise decisions.

Regardless, smashboards topics are not in the purview of the SBR. That power is reserved to the mod staff, and the SBR merely defines the official rules for Brawl tournaments.

That can be overcome if you have good range or quick speed, since you should always be able to punish him.

Nothing good for ganon...
:urg:

Yeah, Ganon gets no love, he's also very easy to shield-stab so, the tornado ***** him.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
1 NinjaLink (Diddy Kong/ROB)
2 Anti (King Dedede/Mr. Game & Watch)
1 Azen (Marth)
2 Chu Dat (Kirby)
1 Judge (Meta Knight)
2 JKBuK (Mr. Game & Watch)
1 Domo (Meta Knight)
2 Affinity (Meta Knight)

1 Kenny (Snake/Olimar)
2 Yaz (Meta Knight)
1 Nacho (Samus/Zero Suit Samus)
2 Ryan (Bowser)
1 Anther (Pikachu)
2 Needle of Juntah (Mr. Game & Watch)
1 Jem (Meta Knight)
2 Valdens (Mr. Game & Watch)
1 Question Mark (Toon Link)
2 Catnip (Meta Knight)
1 DSF (Meta Knight/King Dedede)

2 MikeHAZE (Marth/Falco)
1 Tactical (Lucario)
2 Rowan (Peach)
1 BUM (Donkey Kong)
2 Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus)
1 Mew2King (Meta Knight)
2 Inui (Snake/Meta Knight)
1 Clouderz (Meta Knight)

2 Eggz (King Dedede)
1 Anti (King Dedede)
2 Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus)
1 Anther (Pikachu)
2 SamuraiPanda (Snake)
1 DSF (King Dedede/Meta Knight)
2 Edrees (Peach)
1 Erow (Snake)
2 Sky (Peach)
1 JesiahTEG (Snake/Meta Knight)
2 Pika Pika (Pikachu/Meta Knight)

1 Dark.Pch (Peach)
2 Noodles (Meta Knight/Snake)
1 Ally (Snake)
2 KingAce (Meta Knight)
1 S.D (Pit/Meta Knight)
2 Shaya (Marth/Meta Knight)

1 Kruton (Snake)
2 Umbra (Meta Knight)
1 Will_ (Meta Knight/Ness/Donkey Kong)

2 George (Kirby)
1 Mew2King (Meta Knight/King Dedede)
2 Inui (Meta Knight/Snake)

1 chillindude829 (King Dedede/Snake)
2 Azen (Kirby/Lucario/Marth/King Dedede)
1 Sethlon (Falco)
2 Puffball (Sonic)
1 Domo (Meta Knight)
2 Karmacide (Snake)
1 Catnip (Meta Knight)
2 Sean (Meta Knight)

1 Tink (Mr. Game & Watch/Wario)
2 Kirk (Ike)
1 TKD (Meta Knight)
2 Awex (Olimar)
1 Mal (King Dedede/Ness/Mario)
2 Doom (Toon Link/Falco)
1 Inui (Meta Knight/Snake)
2 Atomsk (King Dedede/Olimar/Kirby)
1 Anther (Pikachu/Sonic/Fox/Lucario)
2 Judge (Meta Knight)
1 DieSuperFly (Meta Knight/King Dedede)
2 Mew2King (Meta Knight)

1 Ally (Snake)
2 Ambrose (Ice Climbers/Meta Knight)
1 Lee (Meta Knight/Lucario)

2 TakeUrLife (Marth)
1 Dojo (Meta Knight)
2 Roy_R (Marth)
1 Noodles (ROB)
2 Icylight (Olimar)

Compiled by request of Overswarm.

Totals come to 32 Meta Knights out of 76 top2 placements, and that's including those who used Meta Knight in addition to some other character.

gantrain05

Smash Master
o.O thats alot of MK's thank god im in the midwest, i don't have to deal with quite THAT many. its more or less the annoying G&W's around here....but still, nice list ankoku, thats nice if you to dig up all that info.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Overswarm wanted both first AND second place, and local tournaments instead of just major tournaments. As amazing as M2K might be, I don't think he's perfected the concept of time paradox to be able to attend every single tournament on every single weekend.

32 out of 76 is still less than 18 out of 38, though, so I'm not exactly sure what OS was getting at.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
Overswarm's just going to repeat his request but ask for third place as well this time... maybe that will bump up the ratio.

chillindude829

Smash Master
Oh I know he gets **** done, but that's because he's simply a good player, in my opinion. It pains me that he fails to take advantage of snake's stage control tools, at least from what I've seen. He's definitely not pushing the character at its full potential.
L O L

smashboards is too funny

BentoBox

Smash Master
Gotta hype my own country's top snake ;D~

None of what I said is wrong though, you barely use C4s and nades as it is. I'm not disrespecting you in any way, if you took it like that.

chillindude829

Smash Master
i use plenty of nades, not too many c4s but i've yet to see a snake use dsmash better than me.

and its cool, but the way your posts were worded seemed to imply disrespect.

i wanna fight ally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom