• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? **Take 2** (Post-podcast)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hahaha, they kicked me out of the SBR today for posting the info about how there are hardly any tournament players in the anti-ban side. The Smash community has awesome leadership
One of the primary rules of the SBR is to keep the SBR discussions private. Our releases are to the public and only by a few members of the SBR that have been appointed to do so. This is so what we say is coherent.

Considering teh vote was lost with the SBR we had, I think that is the decision as it stands. While there will almost undoubtedly be a vote again if MK's dominance increases or stays consistent, that is what it is for now. You can't just copy/paste things from the SBR or tell people waht goes on behind closed doors, especially when most of the AIM conversations get reported back to us anyway.

Just keep your head down =P

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hahaha, they kicked me out of the SBR today for posting the info about how there are hardly any tournament players in the anti-ban side. The Smash community has awesome leadership
Way to go, LeeHarris! I also have to heavily commend you for somehow not mentioning the fact that as one of the more vocal supporters of the ban, you also avoided attending any Brawl tournaments in the past month, including HOBO 12 which had banned Meta Knight. I'm not entirely sure how up-to-date with the tournament scene you can be when lately it seemed more like you haven't been associating yourself with the community at all.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
That's too bad. Lee's avatar looked much better next to a purple name.

Edit: I suddenly feel awkward with all these big signatures and purple names around me o.O

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You shouldn't have been in there anyways. Isn't the backroom for people that contribute to the community, host good tournaments, are top players, or any combination of the three? You don't really fit that stuff too well.
He hosted several tournaments and has made great contributions to the community, most recently with helping out the whoel "Brawl+" thing. He also has placed decently in Texas if I recall.

Oh, you're also a jackass that hasn't earned one tiny bit of his arrogance.

tee hee

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol Overswarm I won't deny that I'm a jackass sometimes, but I've done a lot in tournaments and earned a bit of arrogance. :p

I know LeeHarris has done some hosting and placed okayish in Texas, but I didn't know that was somehow enough to get into the backroom.

That's too bad. Lee's avatar looked much better next to a purple name.
I actually agree with that.

Way to go, LeeHarris! I also have to heavily commend you for somehow not mentioning the fact that as one of the more vocal supporters of the ban, you also avoided attending any Brawl tournaments in the past month, including HOBO 12 which had banned Meta Knight. I'm not entirely sure how up-to-date with the tournament scene you can be when lately it seemed more like you haven't been associating yourself with the community at all.
lmao

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
You know, if Meta Knight ever has me frustrated (which, as a character he never has, merely the players who use him giving me alot of trouble some days), I just take a look at my signature and suddenly I feel great.

lol Overswarm I won't deny that I'm a jackass sometimes, but I've done a lot in tournaments and earned a bit of arrogance. :p
Wait wait, SOMETIMES? Surely you jest! also, tsk tsk, language filter dodging. =P

XienZo

Smash Lord
This thread is like 90% flaming and 10% conspiracy.

No one wants to argue frame data anymore?

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
This thread is like 90% flaming and 10% conspiracy.

No one wants to argue frame data anymore?
its so much more fun to make fun of people in this thread because everyone seems to make an *** out of them selfs somehow in this thread XD

gantrain05

Smash Master
i don't think you can ever "earn" arrogance.......personally i find arrogance to be a bad quality to have....i think pros need to be more humble....look at the nfl a bunch of arrogant *******es.

Dojo

Smash Champion
The majority of top level players I have encountered since I started playing all seem to be more humble than those who aren't from my perspective.

Although arrogance is something I have found in small doses in this community.

Dojo

Smash Champion
I think it's possible to change the color of your name depending on what Group Memberships you're in. I believe he chose to keep it yellow. Of course I could be wrong..

@Cameron: **** you guy! Whobo is happening in April. Why do that Kansas people not know this?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I think it's possible to change the color of your name depending on what Group Memberships you're in. I believe he chose to keep it yellow. Of course I could be wrong..

@Cameron: **** you guy! Whobo is happening in April. Why do that Kansas people not know this?
lol I've been busy what with my cat dying the night before OH Snap and all. That's not really why I didn't know, I just wanted to john. Actually, I forgot. I believe Xyro told me a while back. You can be sure Kansas will be there to hang out with our Texas buddies and **** some face.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Silly question but what's the situation with m2k posting in the BR yet not being a BRoomer?
BRoomer- Somebody who has access to the Back Room, which you can see at the bottom of the forums (I believe the current description has to do with Cashed, but it changes pretty often).

SBR member- Somebody who has access to the Smash Back Room, which you can see at the bottom of the Brawl board listings. You just have to be considered a useful contributor to the smash community or be a top player, or be a respected tourney organizer. I'm to lazy to fix that run-on sentence.

kr3wman

Smash Master
You shouldn't have been in there anyways. Isn't the backroom for people that contribute to the community, host good tournaments, are top players, or any combination of the three? You don't really fit that stuff too well.

Oh, you're also a jackass that hasn't earned one tiny bit of his arrogance.
You neither.

Sometimes, I wonder if you even bother to reread through your posts.

Mortimer

Smash Apprentice
plank has a point. the only people that voted on the MK ban had a credible reputation for smash, either as a player or a TO, but requires tons of experience regardless.
By the way, of the 35 people who voted NOT to ban MK in the SBR, only 6 go to tournaments regularly.

Isn't it great that our decision is lead by 29 people who you can barely qualify as Brawl players?
Interesting contradiction.

∫unk

Smash Master
LeeHarris does bring up a good point which is that the public has very little say on existing SBR that clearly don't deserve their SBR status anymore. If you care I can search up some very idiotic posts made by SBR members in the recent past. Even in the weekly "character discussion" there's some very inaccurate information regarding the characters.

I don't think anyone that lacks Brawl experience or knowledge should even be in the SBR. If they had their time in the melee days then perhaps create a seperate Melee Back Room but the community as a whole has moved onto Brawl.

Let alone having them vote on something like a MK ban seems ridiculous. Don't get me wrong though I don't think the public opinion should be the one that's taken seriously but... the MBR needs a roster change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom