• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short notice [details inside] MADfest: 01-21-12 Melee All Day Video Game Event!

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Pretty sure it's just DJ
Also pretty sure this mistake has been made before
But DJRome is definitely in North Carolina (i.e. approximately one million miles away)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
if you win MAD, I'll buy you kittens

strawhats

Smash Master
DJ and Bones...pretty cool guys who doesn't afraid of anything. :)

I might be able to make it to this...I'll talk to Sl0x and Zebra, to see if they wanna come.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Awesome bro! Let me know what's up. : D

ILM

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking of attending this, but I had some questions about transportation. I can apparently take a train in, but I'd end up at some station on 30th street. Having never been to Philadelphia, is the venue within walking distance from here, or would I need to get a bus? Also, what's the housing situation like? It's like a 4 hour train ride, so I'd rather come in the day before and maybe leave the day after, but if that's not ok I could always leave that night.

Any help'd be appreciated, and if you don't know that's fine, I'll just have to research a little I guess.

July

Smash Apprentice
if you win MAD, I'll buy you kittens
:O if I win do I get kittens? Metal Reeper if you win, I pay you $50 and a cookie and I get a kitten k? Okay.

I was thinking of attending this, but I had some questions about transportation. I can apparently take a train in, but I'd end up at some station on 30th street. Having never been to Philadelphia, is the venue within walking distance from here, or would I need to get a bus? Also, what's the housing situation like? It's like a 4 hour train ride, so I'd rather come in the day before and maybe leave the day after, but if that's not ok I could always leave that night.

Any help'd be appreciated, and if you don't know that's fine, I'll just have to research a little I guess.
30th street station is pretty close to the campus, I would say a taxi would be a better option than a bus (taxi to the venue would probably be $5-7), or someone could meet you there and walk with you, or maybe someone with a car could pick you up if around that time you let us know when you will be getting in. If you get housing the day before then it would be a little different but we can deff figure something out and help you get to Philly and the venue :D

ILM

Smash Journeyman
Alright, sounds good. Still not entirely sure if this'll happen though, since I might have to be with the family for Easter, johns johns johns etc.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Yeah! Ummm, for housing, either ask Cactuar, or post your face book so my friend can house you. He just wants people to post their facebook for safety reasons. (Him and his roomates need to be sure of who they take in and stuff) : D

SneakyDave

Smash Cadet
no ca$h may house. And sneakydave.
I am prettty sure 30th street station is like...5 blocks, very close to venue.
i house everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
im in there if i can get a ride from someone. O=
$5 gas
somerset/new brunswick central jersey
I will ask around and let you know what's up with rides : D

@Carroll:

I'd mm you but I prolly won't have time. ;o

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Caroll:

Haha I'll try to ;3

@Vex: He got a PS3.

dlew2191

Smash Rookie
you can def walk from 30th I do it all the time.
Or you could hop on any train at 30th st station that is headed to either media/elwyn or the airport. The first stop would be University City which is only a 5 min walk from the event. The train would take 1-2 minutes from 30th st. You may or may not have to pay, depending on whether the conductor checks your ticket (or lack thereof) before the UC stop.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Maybe Chain Ace, I'll ask everyone else to see who is bringing recording setups or not. ;o

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I don't know if I'm coming anymore, might be doing an MK9 tournament same day as this, might not though.

If I do come I'll bring a recording setup, with a headset if somebody wants to do commentary.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes. Tv's/Gamecubes. : 3 Awesome i'm glad you are : D

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
So I'm excited (and will probs enter / bring a gamecube) because this game is amazing, but I kind of forgot how to play a long time ago. If any smashers near penn's campus are down for friendlies beforehand, let me know.

Lt. Smash

Smash Rookie
Have I met/played you Chroma? Former gamertag was DLew...I don't have a GC but if you have one I might have time for some friendlies...

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
There was a Dan on my hall who I talked to about smash once, and he did mention he liked luigi ... haha if you're him, then yes/no. If you do, I'm pretty free this week (time-wise and sadly smash-wise as well)

LLDL

Smash Hero
Please do Vex. I would've been the main recorder, but I just found out my job scheduled me that day. I'll try to get someone to cover, but assume I can't come. Prog will most likely record the main videos and you can get the second main TV near it. Prog will talk to you about the Atlantic North channel.

Top Bottom