• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short notice [details inside] MADfest: 01-21-12 Melee All Day Video Game Event!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yep, we starting at two.

Kk that's koo bro. See ya there. ;o

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Double post of justice, I can't bring a TV or wii anymore because Ebo isn't able to bring me, so I'll be there in like an hour or so, so that means me and ebo probably won't make it for doubles.

However....

I'll still bring my laptop and recording stuff.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I got interviewed while playing cactuar, lol. Hope some of you guys got interviewed too! (July and Dan got interviewed too ; o)

I'll post up the link once July gets it from Danielle.

Sorry I started a little late, I didn't want to break promises. I'm tired. xD (Also sorry about my lack of experience with seeding ;-; lol )

Hope you guys are having fun!

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
I had a lot of fun over there. The brackets and seeding were kinda confusing, I felt like something went wrong, but nonetheless it was still a good day. I'll make shoutouts later.

BTW DJ NINTENDO NEVER CAME AND I DIED A LITTLE INSIDE.

:phone:

LLDL

Smash Hero
Sorry I couldn't come and help run agan Ranmaru. They scheduled me and I couldn't get off. Next time, gadget.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I had a lot of fun over there. The brackets and seeding were kinda confusing, I felt like something went wrong, but nonetheless it was still a good day. I'll make shoutouts later.

BTW DJ NINTENDO NEVER CAME AND I DIED A LITTLE INSIDE.

:phone:
Yo I'm sorry lil man. Some stupid bull**** happened to me last night, which prevented me from going. I was extremely tight beyond belief. It was just so dumb. Definitely wanted to see you :( :mad:

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Yo I'm sorry lil man. Some stupid bull**** happened to me last night, which prevented me from going. I was extremely tight beyond belief. It was just so dumb. Definitely wanted to see you :( :mad:
dang its okay. Maybe next time, but I think i did really good for not having actually played in a tourny for quite some time.

Definitely needed to record some matches though but finals were being played before i knew which tv was being recorded. Oh well, just know that my samus is more **** than before :D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Lite: Sorry about the confusion about everything.

@All: Sorry about everything, I will explain what mistakes I did wrong, but I will say I did try to work it out with everyone.

@Chainace: It's cool bro, deff at the next one. : D

@DJ Nintendo: Hope to see you at the next one.

Shoutouts and explanations later. Also I'll post up the bracket image since the results might be funky.

*Super tired now, will post later...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I'm gonna make a new tio and fill in the bracket manually with the paint bracket, and get results up that way.

Thanks for coming guys.

I'll post the link to the interview vids when July gets it. (I got interviewed while playing my matches lol)

Don't know about tournaments in the summer. If I can possibly get a venue for the summer, I'd need at least two people to help me and Kurt run it, because July and Vorosh would be away for the summer.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Definitely host another MAD quick fast. I wanna see Lite lol.

My birthday is coming up soon. I wonder if I should host another one of my big official smashfests of love. Hmmm.....

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes there were. They were for general aspects of Videogames. (For a project)

I even got interviewed while playing my teams matches, haha.

Also we had free food again.

I'll be getting up results/images tonite.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I just got a hoagie with steak bacon and eggs. And a whole thing of milk. :B

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If I do host some tournies in the summer, I'll need:

1-2 committed staff. It'll be just me, Kurt, Dan, etc. I need one person besides me to sit at the table at all times. (I will be there at all times too)
a few more tv's. I come on the subway so I don't have tv's to bring.
I have a laptop, so that will be used for tio. That is all.
I also suggest the use of Dolleys. : D

I'll be doing shout outs soon : D

MM Distortion

Smash Apprentice
If I do host some tournies in the summer, I'll need:

1-2 committed staff. It'll be just me, Kurt, Dan, etc. I need one person besides me to sit at the table at all times. (I will be there at all times too)
a few more tv's. I come on the subway so I don't have tv's to bring.
I have a laptop, so that will be used for tio. That is all.
I also suggest the use of Dolleys. : D

I'll be doing shout outs soon : D
i don't know how much i could help but i would definitely be interested in helping in any way possible

and also do you know when some of the videos will be up?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thanks bro. : D

Nah, I don't. Vex should know. I'll ask him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Short notice smash fest at MAD

Yeah. We are having a smash fest. It's VERY short notice, and I'm sorry that it is. We got an email a week ago that the date was confirmed. We applied for this date around September or October I think. I was trying to get dates for November, but November was booked. So we tried Jan, and we had no replies.

We thought they simply had a full slot. Well it seems they didn't... We asked for a date change, but had to wait for a reply. They replied saying that we'd have to wait for approval AGAIN. UGH... So I said '**** it, let's try this so people can get some smash at least'.

We know Apex just finished and all, and we won't have as much tv's since this will be short notice. So we will just be hosting a smash fest. Also, the news was unexpected, and I was a bit unprepared myself. :woman:

So feel free to drop by just to play some smash. Obv this will most likely be local. If you feel like coming from oos or ooc (city lol) to play, we welcome ya, but don't expect big turnout due to short notice. If you are near, then drop by.

Feel free to do as much MM's you want, or side events.

On second thought, I take that back. xD We will probably be short on tv's... so yeah. That won't do.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

I will play a bit more than usual (as opposed to the last two events), but I'll still try to keep an eye on things.

We have three tv's.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, if enough people want it, we can run a tourny only if we have the tv's to do it. : P

So plz bring tv's : D

I know ppl would be tight after going to apex, so I'd be open to suggestions to what prices people think they would like. Most likely $5 that way people can still win something. : P

---------

MM Distortion

Smash Apprentice
i should be able to make this, thanks for letting us know

also i can bring a cube, and if weegeenation comes he can most likely bring a full set up.

Top Bottom