• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shoot First, Ask Questions Later: The Samus Tactical Discussion & Q&A Thread

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Check out our MU thread? It's the thing that is eternally stuck on Lylat. if you can't find it I will link it to you! but it's stickied, or "Important"d I think.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Is there any way possible to deal with Falco's Lasers?
That's the only thing i have trouble dealing with :V

You can really only powershield or go over them, either way, he's going to beat you one way or another.

To deal with his grabs? Stay at a range where you can't be grabbed, like an ftilts range for example. Staying at a zairs range will allow him to camp you.

Her airdodge is average, nothing spectacular, also, airdodge won't stop you getting lasered. All Falco is to do is change his timing, DON'T GO AIRBORNE, STAY GROUNDED.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
^^
This.

But i have a better solution. Don't use Samus against Falco. Period. You WON'T win in anything serious unless the Falco is a complete scrub. The only time you should EVER use Samus on Falco is in friendlies ;)

..........You get another page for your "Guide to Samus" booklet <3.

A secondary is definately a good idea against Falco, I highly reccommend the usual suspects. MK/Marth but Pikachu and Sheik are also good options as well.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Lol well i seem to know a lot about Samus o.O <3

I honestly think that the most obvious choices against falco will be harder than you expect. Of course if the falco player is dedicated, he will learn his worst MUs inside and out, so against really hard MUs, the Falco is going to play SUPER defensively to avoid the 50-70% chains characters like Pika and Sheik have on him.

That is true, but Pika and Sheik are options if you don't like going to top tier. Even then, there are more characters, but regardless of who you pick, you will STRUGGLE against a good Falco.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Technically you could say you will struggle a bit against any GOOD player with any character, some harder than others, but yes i agree, but i seem to have an easier time when i use Luigi against falco. He can crawl under SHlasers and if they want to laser you the have to use grounded lasers and that leaves them open an are fairly easy to PS. But regardless, i still get some difficulty from them. I am just glad that Luigi has a great air-game

I don't struggle against good Link players, that's why I avoided saying that.

Does Luigi's traction not bother you?

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Really? A good Link is actually pretty dangerous...except when off stage, he is pretty much screwed.

Acually, it doesn't. I honestly kind of like it. I kind of helps to get out of danger most of the times when i shield stuff. like a few Ikes i have played like to jab after doing something a bit laggy so if i shield it is pushes me out of harm's way. But admittedly, not being able to punish as well as i would like does get a bit annoying. Luigi actually helps me in PSing since if i DON'T want to get pushed, i have to shield dash using PS.

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
I've also picked up a secundary for Falco and other MU's. I have Marth for Falco and Falco for MK. And no, I don't have a special character for Olimar or Marth since I like those MU's. You just have to stay focused on what you and your opponent are doing. One mistake means allot or percent or a kill.

The problem is... she doesn't have a good moveset....

In theory, it SHOULD work, but in REALITY, it doesn't.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Actually, it shouldn't work. Something tells me that Sakurai purposely made Samus so bad just so he could get a kick out of seeing us try to make her look good like the pathetic Samus mains we are =3

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
about sakurai.. well he is aan idiot an a frustated man of nintendo.

if you dont know, he is the person who create the kirby saga, and his cration isnt very popular, like the 3 srtongs cards of nintendo ( in this moment )Zelda saga, Mario saga and Metroid saga.

see the conection?

popular in nintendo / lowes tier in smash, that mean one thing, he wanted revenge. and for that reason he nerfed mario, samus and link

well, back in topic, i think the moveset of samus dont need strength, she need priority

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
about sakurai.. well he is aan idiot an a frustated man of nintendo.

if you dont know, he is the person who create the kirby saga, and his cration isnt very popular, like the 3 srtongs cards of nintendo ( in this moment )Zelda saga, Mario saga and Metroid saga.

see the conection?

popular in nintendo / lowes tier in smash, that mean one thing, he wanted revenge. and for that reason he nerfed mario, samus and link

well, back in topic, i think the moveset of samus dont need strength, she need priority
Needs more strength, needs longer range, then she'd be decent, if not great.

I could deal with her lack of priority if she could kill, and had better range to make it easier

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
She needs more functional moves too. Fair and Usmash are pretty bad. Even Dtilt, dsmash, and utilt are good enough to be used often. I say often as in reliable enough to unstale moves. I feel like right now, jab and ftilt get staled so much. Sure missles can help unstale since we can spam it, but it's too easy to block. If only Zair could unstale moves.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
She needs more functional moves too. Fair and Usmash are pretty bad. Even Dtilt, dsmash, and utilt are good enough to be used often. I say often as in reliable enough to unstale moves. I feel like right now, jab and ftilt get staled so much. Sure missles can help unstale since we can spam it, but it's too easy to block. If only Zair could unstale moves.
Her Fair.... bad????

i love that move and is very helpfull for my, but you are right with the Usmash, is a good damage rating, has a decent power, but is very dificult conect all hits of the Usmash

but with flame thrower slide or reverse flame thrower slide, we can conect all hits, belive me

Fair has poor priority and is a tad sluggish on startup. Outside of that however, it autocancels beautifully, so it's really used for ledge approaches, or when fast falled, you can follow up with something else.

Also regarding Usmash, you CANNOT connect all the hits if the opponent just simply holds up.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
What makes me rage is that her Fsmash is just SO BAD
There is no hitbox on her body like EVERY OTHER FSMASH THAT EVER EXISTED PRETTY MUCH EVER

Including Melee Samus. This makes me feel like characters had different development teams and that the people who got Samus didn't know exactly how hard it is to hit with the move D: D: D:

Top Bottom