• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

She's faster now / Floatdash

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
yeah that's pretty good, i'll toy with it more.

coz like i think shield stopping is a little faster if not as fast but now that I think about it float dash is prob faster b/c you can move forward while you're floating and not momentarily still like when you shield.

and i guess being able to just aerial or drop float to anything you want is pretty ****.

i also like being able to shift momentum with more control and being able to change directions really gayly if you RAR it. i tried using this stuff b4 but I wasn't as good so it didn't work out but yeah thx for re-introduction this coz it's rly good.

cool thread, i'll try to use a lot of this in tournament tomorrow.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Have you ever run off the stage into an immediate float, then floated back? It looks eerie, like dash-dancing on air. :3

Shield-flicker is slightly slower compared to frame-perfect float-dash, but the input is much simpler (tap R, compared to tap X and hold down).

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Looks like wasping ;) Floatdashing was first though.

Here's something cool: if Pikachu hits you with a grounded thunder and he's at KO percentages... wasp/floatdash forward and ftilt them for the KO

Punish Kirby/MK and other quick opponents by floatdashing and jabbing/ftilting/dtilting or dsmashing out of shield.

It's all the same, and it is the future of Peach :)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ugh.

Maybe I'll switch L or something to jump.

Or my b button lololol

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I think this would be easier if you jump with up on the control stick.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
i dont think this speeds us up....

does it? can someone explain please

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
Stop using all of these fancy terms... Could someone please explain to me what wasping and shield flicker are?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Shield flicker - flicker your shield by tapping R and letting go.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
ill, it's a faster way to gain access to our options out of a run meaning we can afford to run around a little more but it's def the same speed as a walk though.

but as someone who plays a lot of other characters, I'd just ****ing hit her haha or throw something at her.

but it's fast though so it's bait i guess?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
yeah, that's what I thought.

I'll definitely try it though.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
It makes Peach faster on the ground. She has quicker ways to get to her ground options like jab, ftilt, dsmash dtilt and what not.

While other characters have to dash->shield-> ground option... peach can just float dash over there. It's faster

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
As I mentioned, the jump-float-drop is very slightly faster than using the shield. GLHF consistently doing it frame perfectly, though.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
No it's not faster.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MYW6IejEBg

1. Hold shield and let pikachu grounded thunder
2. After you've experienced pushback, drop your shield, walk over and try and forward tilt
3. Watch Pikachu spot dodge or shield

then

1. Hold shield and let pikachu grounded thunder
2. Afte ryou've experienced pushback, drop your shield, floatdash/wasp over and forward tilt, or jab or dsmash, or dtilt
3. Come back here and post that' it's not faster

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Note that that is not the same thing - you can jump out of your shield, which has the same startup of 6 frames and bypassing the normal shield-drop lag, on top of allowing you to immediately move forward; while dropping your shield still takes 7 frames, and you cannot buffer a dash during those 7 frames.

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Definitely trying this. Even though I thought this had already been discovered because I saw some people doing (what looked like) this a while back. Ah well, good stuff anyway. :)

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
For the groundfloat cancel to be shorter than the shield cancel it would mean that there is no landing lag after a groundfloat. Are you sure about that?

Also, i see the main advantage of floatdash being that you can cancel your dash at any moment whereas you have to wait a while before your shield comes out.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Definitely trying this. Even though I thought this had already been discovered because I saw some people doing (what looked like) this a while back. Ah well, good stuff anyway. :)
It was talked about near the game's release and has consistently cropped up since then.

For the groundfloat cancel to be shorter than the shield cancel it would mean that there is no landing lag after a groundfloat. Are you sure about that?
"floatdash" aka "peachdash" aka "wasp" aka "peach's 4th taunt"
Jump startup: 5 frames
Float/fall: 2f (at best)
Landing lag: 2f
Total: 9f

Shielding
Minimum shield time: 7f
Shield drop: 7f
Total: 14f

Now for some situational food for thought: you can use this OoS to reduce shield pushback. It stops you in your tracks vs. you continuing to slide if you perform an attack OoS. Allows you to retaliate with fsmash/other crap in some situations where you couldn't before. You can even punish a poorly spaced mk dsmash with fsmash
if you're frame perfect lol.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Also, i see the main advantage of floatdash being that you can cancel your dash at any moment whereas you have to wait a while before your shield comes out.
Actually there is a video on thatt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MYW6IejEBg. *Actually now that I look, it's the same video I just posted a couple of posts up*

And hotgarbage I think I'm going to try and make a video of using wasping/floatdash to punish out of shield. I gotta start getting video footage of it.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
...Oop. Forgot something. In regards to using fsmash OoS stutter stepping after shield drop is pretty much just as good and a lot less dumb to perform.

Arle Nadja

Prodigy Sorceress & Girl Power Icon
NNID
ChaoticMarin
3DS FC
1547-5230-3937
Wow. I really need to try this. Thanks for the guide. c: I'm sure it can be mastered with practice.

Top Bottom