• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shell shocked V 11/7/09 results

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
-This is DJ Nintendo.

Jman played like sh*t from the moment he started singles right after he ate food with me and Chops. I assume the food took a toll on him. The same thing with me and Chops. I'm never eating again before singles. Jman was playing like a total noob his entire singles performance. I watched his matches.
food coma

I can't do anything right after I eat, all the blood goes to your stomach from your head for digestion. Eat way before the tourney, and singles, or hold off as long as you can.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
-This is DJ Nintendo.

Jman played like sh*t from the moment he started singles right after he ate food with me and Chops. I assume the food took a toll on him. The same thing with me and Chops. I'm never eating again before singles. Jman was playing like a total noob his entire singles performance. I watched his matches.
i gotta vouch for this jman wasnt playing like jman would

White_Mike

Smash Lord
food coma

I can't do anything right after I eat, all the blood goes to your stomach from your head for digestion. Eat way before the tourney, and singles, or hold off as long as you can.
**** never thought about it like that, there should be a little guide for random tips like this and wear gloves in the cold and ****. It would be funny.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
whole bunch of ****in johns is all i see

didnt eggm eat like 2 burritos?? :p

LLDL

Smash Hero
yeah, smashers tend to FEAST for some reason. Personally, I always grab like a sandwhich and small soda after i get knocked out of doubles. Good amount, and plenty of time before singles to recooperate and process the food.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. I burp a few times directly after drinking the soda, but not like an hour later lol. Use it to ur advantage.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Hax was playing like a beast, that kid has mad potential =D

I was really hoping he would win the tournament, oh well, either way, he did great.

just wondering, who u teaming with at Pound 4 Hax?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'll have three teams sets up in a bit(one up already). Commentary is slightly annoying to sync. I'm going to keep working on making the vids, and then do a mass dump to youtube while I sleep. There'll be a thread in the morning. I expect teams to be done or mostly done tonight, and then singles.

note to self:get a better mic. The internal mic on my computer doesn't cut it.

The Newb

Smash Ace
note to self:get a better mic. The internal mic on my computer doesn't cut it.
I've got a $30~ USB mic that I can bring to tournaments for commentary if you want. Sound quality is pretty crisp, and at least that way you wouldn't have to drop money on a mic just for smash stuff.

xyt

Smash Lord
yeah, smashers tend to FEAST for some reason. Personally, I always grab like a sandwhich and small soda after i get knocked out of doubles. Good amount, and plenty of time before singles to recooperate and process the food.
just pointing out that ppl like jman usually dont have ANY time between singles and doubles :laugh:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You would think after entering about 1000 tournaments with other top level players and playing for over a year, people would learn what makes them tick and play badly, and which of those things they can directly control and avoid (planning ahead is top tier sometimes). But it never seems to sink...

LLDL

Smash Hero
I agree. I mean I know that if I ever took off my hat, and not wore a heavy black shirt to each tournament, I would play 20 times better. But sadly, I never remove my hat, and always opt to wear heavy balck shirts :)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I know a guy that does really badly in tournament when he slices his thumb open on a bagel knife before a large tournament but he sometimes does it anyway.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
eating is definitly a john.

at a recent tournament i went to i ate wendys and had like cheesburgers and **** and def played not as good as i could. but my friend (shoutout alexei aka mario moonshine hell yeah) ate a SALAD and i could tell he was totally good, he said it made him feel way better and i felt like **** after eating some greasy nasty ****

EAT HEALTHY BEFORE EVENTS. DIET ****ING MAKES YOUR BODY WORK! physiological needs are essential to maintain the best smashing possible

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I know a guy that does really badly in tournament when he slices his thumb open on a bagel knife before a large tournament but he sometimes does it anyway.
lol bernard lol

i remember when i used to see canadians alot for like a couple months

sup dude

sonofashrub

Smash Apprentice
The tournament was a lot of fun. It was my first one.
Is this going to be a monthly thing?
I need to enter next time. I like throwing away my money. :)

Cia

das kwl
also...

no, you're just wrong. sorry pbj ;D

sheik can beat bad IC's, sheik can't beat chu though.
You can't really use Chu as an example. He's better than any Sheik player I can think of. He can probably beat them with his Pikachu too, but that doesn't mean Pikachu > Sheik.

You know this plairnkk :ohwell:

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I was watching this on the livestream and I got to say, the best part of this tournament was when Hax got so angry at losing to Plank haha. But I'm not gonna lie, Hax is amaaaaaaazing.

Also Plank, why did you quit your set against Chu? Just curious.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i didnt throw my controller

chu and i have our disputes, but i still consider him a friend. he didnt wobble anyone else, even OOS'ers when he was losing. i was pretty offended and didnt wanna play anymore at that point.

@vanz, i **** all of chus other chars besides IC with sheik, so maybe he will beat ****ty sheiks with pikachu but not me. i outplayed chu 10x in our set and still lost, though, and if you watch the matches it's painfully obvious. sheiks options are too limited in the matchup, im gonna have to just use fox.

kouryoo, what did hax say about losing to me? ^^

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Btw thumbs I just want to say completely honestly, you've gotten way better and i'm really glad to see such drastic improvement from someone in this region. I didn't think you would ever get to the point you are at, and I know you will still improve more. Good ****, all personal differences aside, as an MD/VA buddy i'm proud of you nukkah.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I've stepped my game up a ****load, suckah, and so has Tope.

Sheik mains vs FALCON MAINS? LOL jk, we know what'd happen there.

Top Bottom