• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheikah Training: Know Your Surroundings Sheik Stage Discussion~Lylat Cruise

Dcold

Smash Lord
You just really hate Wario don't ya? One too many farts to the face? Jealous of the stache? Is Wario the Based God?

Wario ain't that bad, and he is the Based God.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
If you grusmash him on the plats he can't Smash DI into the second hit.

warios air mobility and fart make his edge gaurd game crazy on this stage though...

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
*As it is well known*

One keen advantage on BF is that the two lower platforms are a set up for tipper USmash.

We need a photo showing how how much of the hit bubble pokes through. If I still had my hacking tools and Wii I would do it myself, but I haven't touched those tools for about two years now so even if I did have them I wouldn't be able to do anything with it. I would probably just sit there and stare at the screen wondering why the game crashed. lol

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
You can do the neat B-reversed needles on the platforms to change your momentum and generally be more mobile.

Other than that, I think everything has been said as far as what Sheik can do on this stage.

As far as who to ban and what not, my personal Ban is on Marth for this stage just because he can utilize it better than us. Out of personal preference for sure. Honestly aside from my personal ban on Marth, I wouldn't ban this stage against anyone.

This stage is stupid and i strike/ban it in every set where rainbow cruise isn't legal.

The edge is dumb and has a lip that can catch vanish, the moving platform isn't a real help to us because we suck when we're above people, and its at a height where upsmash wont go through.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Everything Tutu says is true. However nothing can quench my undying love for Smashville.

In IL/WI we have something called "wisconsin striking"...which means we don't actually strike at all, and instead we start every set on Smashville. Best striking system ever.

:phone:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If memory serves right only one side of the stage caught Sheik's Vanish while the other didn't.

sheikamaru

jive
You for real about that? I know for a fact the left side of the stage vanish catches, haven't really tried the other side

This is the worst stage in the game, idk how u guys can like i see nothing good about it.

Vs Snake he gets more stage control from C4, vs MK he gets a chance at escaping GR dacus by waitig for the platform, and at really high percents its practically a guaranteed escape, not to mention it significantly helps him in gimping us off stage do to being able to to normally unsafe attempts at SL safe or landing trap us into a d-smash. Diddy is as annoying here as everywhere else. Falco gets a situation platform to escape too but its less significant than battlefield I guess. TL can air camp us better here, same with sonic having more places he can run to and charge spindashes safely. ICs as mentioned before have platform cancel grab frame traps.

all in all I also find it too plain with not enough we can take advantage of against other characters in general, but it has elements that other people can use against us, that we can;t as effectively us against them. So at best i consider it a +0 stage boost, while everyone else gets +0 or more on this stae against us.

EDIT: **** zinoto

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Personally I HATE relying on stages for anything other than giving me a reliable fighting ground upon which I can outsmart my opponent.

Situational advantages are nice, but I think there's a lot more to be said about fighting in an area that you feel intimately comfortable with. And that happens to be Smashville for me.

:phone:

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I think tutu is right.

But the truth is most people are comfortable on smashville just because everyone plays on it all the time.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
This is the worst stage in the game, idk how u guys can like i see nothing good about it.

Vs Snake he gets more stage control from C4, vs MK he gets a chance at escaping GR dacus by waitig for the platform, and at really high percents its practically a guaranteed escape, not to mention it significantly helps him in gimping us off stage do to being able to to normally unsafe attempts at SL safe or landing trap us into a d-smash. Diddy is as annoying here as everywhere else. Falco gets a situation platform to escape too but its less significant than battlefield I guess. TL can air camp us better here, same with sonic having more places he can run to and charge spindashes safely. ICs as mentioned before have platform cancel grab frame traps.

all in all I also find it too plain with not enough we can take advantage of against other characters in general, but it has elements that other people can use against us, that we can;t as effectively us against them. So at best i consider it a +0 stage boost, while everyone else gets +0 or more on this stae against us.

EDIT: **** zinoto
You call? :yeahboi:

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
This stage is stupid and i strike/ban it in every set where rainbow cruise isn't legal.

The edge is dumb and has a lip that can catch vanish, the moving platform isn't a real help to us because we suck when we're above people, and its at a height where upsmash wont go through.
Ankoku is right this happens on the left side of EVERY stage for the record. just gotta learn how to position yourself to avoid the lip. The catch has actually saved me many a set.

I really feel like with out ground speed and that plats height a majority of the cast can really pressure us well from underneath for long. I've never felt stuck when I'm on that platform.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Alright this one seems done, updating OP now with Battlefield and Smashville:

Next discussion -

LYLAT CRUISE, have a ball Tutu.

First off, I'd say don't take Olimar here, the metal stage gives him more Purples and Yellows I believe, and he has really good pressure game when we're above him, and that's his main killing way.
Second, I hate this stage, it always kills me when it tilts and I'm recovering, the tilt on the stage itself causes needles to hit the stage rather than the person.
Pros: There are platforms, which means we can have a ball, and these platforms are able to be Uptilted and Upsmashed through, so we have good pressure when people are above us. I'd recommend not taking Snake/Marth/Olimar here just because of how well they do with platforms, as well as MK since we cannot reliably grab release him here, and things get in the way.

sheikamaru

jive
I just avoid lylas all together if I can. That stage is just as dangerous as that flippy metroid stage... Can't remember the name. An I wish norfair was legal..

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I actually don't mind the stage. More often than not it messes with our opponent more than it does us. I agree that olimar is a borderline no-no here. We can win there against him.

Lylat is amazing.

low platforms on the right and left side make our day, while under the middle one we can harras with SH aerials.the ledge isn't too big of a deal because of chain, but it can be hard to get a lagless vanish landing. Stage spiking is really brutal hear, and our bair underneath teh stage is almost certain death for majority of the cast, even if they tech it, they're stuck under the stage. All of the platforms, including the stage can be platform cancelled.

I take everyone here, but i think characters like kirby who can wall us off do really well here. IC's is hit or miss since they can platform cancel grab here they become a decent threat, but at the same time nana can do to stupid ledge stuff more easily, and its really easy to separate them once they're above you. I like fighting Olimar here, but he does get more purples so it's quite possible that this isn't the best stage for this MU.

Top Bottom