• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheikah Training: Know Your Surroundings Sheik Stage Discussion~Lylat Cruise

Dcold

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think it could be helpful, sucks that I ended up quitting Brawl after I started this thread lolol. But now I'm back, and have actually been thinking of starting it up again.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Yeah I came back like, seriously going to try and come back mode like, beginning of December. So yeah, running off of like 5~ months of actually trying to play this game again. Have to relearn a good amount of things.

Only thing I miss was my 99% accuracy on Grab Release [ Nakat knows that 1% @_@ ].

End of the week gonna start on Battlefield, and just have the stage going for a week's discussion unless it's still going on, or if we just can get the stage done within a shorter time.

This game is simply too good to go without. :]

Dcold

Smash Lord
I actually quit because I couldn't DACUS with A anymore. I raged and said **** this game. Came back and started using R. Lmao. Ahh...9th grade...

I quit before Apex2010. Came back before 2012 lmao.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Oh man, I agree with Tutu's sentiment exactly. I've felt I want to quit many times but my mind and heart just won't let me. Kind of annoying sometimes lmao.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm a bad player who wouldn't get any notable results anyway.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
DeLux made brackets at Apex. I didn't get out of my first round of pools.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Alright it has been restarted. I want the input to actually be better than last time, where some of the reasons were just grab release :X. We're probably gonna redo those at another time. But here we go with BATTLEFIELD:

I personally love this stage, if anyone is under you on this stage then they're taking some damage from uptilts. It causes good mindgames at high percents because people often shield and try to block the uptilt from coming, and you can just wait and upSmash poke them for a kill. There are many platform gimmicks that work such as pushing them off the platform with like, fair, while they're shielding to fully charged needles->free grab/upsmash/ftilt. It's a really versatile stage. This stage also gives Sheik more landing options for recovering, and for more ledge games as you can ledgehop with more places to land. The stage is decently large so it gives room to run away and needle camp. Very solid stage, personally I'd say if not her best legal stage, top 3. Best Neutral imo as I don't like Lylat.

I would say Ban it vs. Marth. He uses the platforms just as well as we do, but his increased range and coverage allows him to make us struggle in most positions.

Strike vs: Wario. Platforms save him from getting grab released, and he also causes fear by being on platforms of his waft and his ridiculous aerials.
Strike vs: Snake. It's not terrible to fight Snake here, but I'd say FD or SV would be better as there's more open space. Platforms help him hide C4s and Mines, and also give him places he can escape our needles which are so important in this MU.
Strike vs: Game and Watch. Once again not terrible to fight him here, but I believe his key goes through the platform, which is very annoying.

Personally I counterpick the entire cast here, I feel the most comfortable on this stage so really it's up to preference.

I'd give it 5 Sheik's :denzel:

sheikamaru

jive
i know game and watchs key goes through the platform which is annoying. what i like to do against that is crouch and time an up air or uptilt immediately after he lands to punish.im pretty sure his dair doesn't auto cancel at any point. i wanna also say it's better to take him there because we have safe landing options when he manages to keep us in the air with his up air and doesn't his dair push us back when he lands on sheild..

Judo777

Smash Master
Battlefield is the only stage in the game that has a chance to compete with SV. That is all.

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
BF is an awesome stage to bait with. Platforms serve us rather well because we can punish decently no matter the percentage.Dashing charge needles off the left/right platforms can set up for edge guard opportunities if the opponent if further out.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
BF is by far my favorite stage in the game. Sheik does really well here imo because her pressure game excels when she has platforms to work with and not only are there platforms on this stage, There's 3 of them and they don't move lol.

Make sure the majority of the time you use utilt to pressure from beneath instead of uair or another aerial since it's a lot safer.

Love playing MK on this stage, easier to recover for whatever reason. I beat ROB here more than any other stage, like it against Diddy, Falco.

Don't like it against Marth, Olimar, or DDD.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I remember using this stage as a CP against Sonic because you can chain camp him hard should you get a nice lead.

On that note, I'm awful with the chain lol.

Also, against MK you have to me careful with platform pressure because shuttle loop will hit you and will kill you at killing time.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sweet, wonder where judo is? He'd give some nice input as well. Billy too! and mars, and choknater, and aisight, and /namesearchbait.
LOL dang i got baited.

generally i like battlefield to fight characters that i want to get close by. if the character is stronger at a close range fight and i wanna get away, i like smashville.

Judo777

Smash Master
Yea it works. I don't even think you have to be frame perfect maybe you do. I think its alot easier than GR DACUS so most of you guys should have no problem. Yea Wario's should ban this stage, a lower level grab is a kill no matter what (in kill percents obv).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
100 is actually the exact threshold on starter stages. It's 93 for Peach, even though Peach's usmash deals less damage than Sheik's. Those are the only two numbers I really pay attention to, lol.

Judo777

Smash Master
100 is actually the exact threshold on starter stages. It's 93 for Peach, even though Peach's usmash deals less damage than Sheik's. Those are the only two numbers I really pay attention to, lol.
Krystedez survived 105 against me on FD but he SDIed and hit the ground first lol. Idk some Warios are crazy.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I do it whenever I grab Wario. If he knows how to smash DI it's a free 30%.

Top Bottom