• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik

Status
Not open for further replies.

emerican

Smash Ace
yeap. correct.
i kindof agree... lol. but honestly, good sheiks are hard to come by lately.. everyone switched up to fox/falco and even marth.

of the top/well known players, whos left? drephen, isai (sortof), KDJ, DSF, Forward, Omar...

all of which have been beaten by falcons. cept maybe KDJ and forward, cause they usually just play a space animal.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
anybody can lose to anyone. what im saying is they shouldnt. the sheik would have to be playing bad.

a few months ago (ive improved a lot in the past few months so who knows) i played isai at MLG ny and we went even sheik vs falcon then he switched to sheik to win the set.

as far as sheik mains go the only decent ones who still play are drephen and myself. (omar said he quit, he was pretty good)

im ever so humble. you can tell i hang out with greg, yes?

emerican

Smash Ace
yeh i agree that anyone can lose to anybody, but im saying that just because you hold A at the beginning of the match doesnt mean its gg, autowin.

anyways, this has gone enough off topic. sheik is hard as !@#%... but its still possible.

technomancer

Smash Champion
it's a long story. hah.

greg is awesome, but theres only so much falcon can do vs sheik. ill leave it at that.
Basically Plank invented Johns

Falcon vs. Sheik goes a lil somethin like this:

Sheik does a bunch of attacks, Falcon spaces one just right and gets a grab, falcon up or downthrows and regrabs, then upthrows and tries to upair, or waits and pegs shiek out of a jump and tries to upair or something and regrab, into more upthrow upair if he can. WD out of shield is really important as is ... mindgames.

Both players DI away from everything because it's easy except for the fair which they do not DI away, and both players downthrow to techchase relentlessly.

Edgeguarding has to be 100% for Falcon to win this matchup. You need to either pank her while she's falling, or hog and knee, or hog and grab->knee at 90%ish, or just hog and watch her die, VERY CONSISTANTLY. That's how you do it, there is no other way, watch out for airdodge and running to platforms.

Banks

Smash Hero
as far as sheik mains go the only decent ones who still play are drephen and myself. (omar said he quit, he was pretty good)
also, wtf. there's more than that.

and the whole falcon should never beat sheik stuff is way over exaggerated. every sheik has lost to falcons, you can't just say "oh i was playing bad" every time. It's just that sheik is a counter to falcon, like many other match ups in the game.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Edgeguarding has to be 100% for Falcon to win this matchup. You need to either pank her while she's falling, or hog and knee, or hog and grab->knee at 90%ish, or just hog and watch her die, VERY CONSISTANTLY. That's how you do it, there is no other way, watch out for airdodge and running to platforms.
Ledgehopped stomp > Knee pretty much *****.

Sheik does not counter Falcon. It's one of his more difficult matchups, but he definitely has the resources to win.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
I love fighting sheiks.

but even though its a hard matchup i think its kinda even just play smart, and ive beaten omar before aswell the only other "top" sheik after you and dreph, and yes he was playing fine. along with drephen and dsf.

saying falcon should not beat sheik is ***** dumb.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
planks sheik is pretty dayum good. Trust me, hes not a noob for those that are saying it.
Ur too good against falcon.

I got my other counterpick character against sheik if i have to fight one from now on.
Yes Falcon can do decent against sheik but at the end of the road, falcon dont stand a chance.
I got 2 stocked by KDJ's sheik, falcon was really outmaneuvered in this matchup.

The key to beating sheik is edgeguard, u need them crazy mindgames to sometimes predict where she will appear. Edgehogs, ledgehopped stomps into knees.

Rage.

Smash Ace
Is this the only thread that gets posted in in the Falcon boards anymore?
No, all the other threads are spam that everyone takes place in.
the Falcon board sucks now cause everyone is a moron and makes the stupidest spam jokes

On the topic
Falcon > Sheik
:)

inside

Smash Journeyman
****, so much good advices here, well I played the guy last night and I'm happy to know that I've improved a lot against him. I'm going to continue and try out the moves that I've seen in this thread and hopefully I can fully have my tactics against a sheik, even though it's hard. I'll try my best.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
anybody can lose to anyone. what im saying is they shouldnt. the sheik would have to be playing bad.
playing bad = johns. this is like saying fox shouldn't lose to anyone else ever because he's top of the tier list. unfortunately nobody has or will ever perfect the metagame so fox will lose.

um ok KDJ?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
kdj mains fox lol

i disregard none.

people who spam the word "johns" are idiots, just fyi.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
kdj doesnt main fox, wtf?
if u use sheik throughout an entire tournament then switch to fox for all the finals and matches vs the top players, you main fox, not sheik.

the only top player he uses sheik vs is m2k, because m2k is terrible vs sheik. (as far as m2k standards go)

D

Deleted member

nah kdj just felt more comfortable playing fox? M2k ***** sheik, his -relative- bad match is pretty much exclusive to (chu's) ICs.

There are also tons and tons of talented sheik players and talented players that use sheik. Sheik is so broken that you don't really need to main her to do well with her assuming that you're a decently good player.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
if u use sheik throughout an entire tournament then switch to fox for all the finals and matches vs the top players, you main fox, not sheik.

the only top player he uses sheik vs is m2k, because m2k is terrible vs sheik. (as far as m2k standards go)
I thought he won some tournies just using Sheik. Also, he uses Sheik against Ken, too. XD

In theory, no character should lose to a character of whom the character has the advantage over (Sheik vs CF). Since no human is perfect, the character with the advantage can be beaten unless the advatages are way too great and the game is at its highest metagame. Sheik does not have that much of the advantage over Falcon to say that Sheik's WOULD never lose.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't know how this suddenly became the topic of discussion in a captain falcon board, but sheik is rough on marth

i beat m2k's marth in a friendly with sheik last week =D

one win out of like 40 games (mostly 3stockings by him) but it was still enough for him to say he was just going to sheik ditto people from now on instead of using marth because "that matchup is too hard"

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
nah kdj just felt more comfortable playing fox? M2k ***** sheik, his -relative- bad match is pretty much exclusive to (chu's) ICs.

There are also tons and tons of talented sheik players and talented players that use sheik. Sheik is so broken that you don't really need to main her to do well with her assuming that you're a decently good player.
then why dont players win tournaments with sheik? kdj only wins little tournaments with no big names with sheik.

m2k in no way ***** sheik, lol.

so yeah, using sheik vs marths doesnt really make you a sheik main. lol

ZoSo

Smash Champion
then why dont players win tournaments with sheik? kdj only wins little tournaments with no big names with sheik.

m2k in no way ***** sheik, lol.

so yeah, using sheik vs marths doesnt really make you a sheik main. lol
What the hell are you talking about? He uses Marth AND Sheik more than he uses Fox.

Anyway, the whole idea of mains is ********.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
like i already said, its not about how much you use a character.

if i use luigi an entire tournament until the finals then use sheik, i main luigi? false

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom