• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
if i use luigi an entire tournament until the finals then use sheik, i main luigi? false
bingo. only matters who you use something's on the line

Anyway, the whole idea of mains is ********.
i assume you're saying it's better to have a couple of good characters which is obviously true, but most people are better off specializing in/"mastering" 1 character than being pretty good w/ 2+.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
like i already said, its not about how much you use a character.

if i use luigi an entire tournament until the finals then use sheik, i main luigi? false
Ok, let's suppose for a second that, by our imaginary standards, KDJ doesn't "main" Sheik. Would this change the fact that his is the best Sheik in the country by a pretty significant margin? Of course not.

Sorry to be blunt, but it seems to me that you're just trying to claim an undeserved position of merit by acting like KDJ somehow doesn't qualify.

bingo. only matters who you use something's on the line
Because KDJ hasn't used Sheik in the finals of multiple tournaments with multiple thousands of dollars on the line?

i assume you're saying it's better to have a couple of good characters which is obviously true, but most people are better off specializing in/"mastering" 1 character than being pretty good w/ 2+.
I just think the whole idea of having a main is limiting. Does identifying a character as your main make you better with that character? Does it change anything about you as a player? Just play the game and use whoever you're most comfortable with.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Ok, let's suppose for a second that, by our imaginary standards, KDJ doesn't "main" Sheik. Would this change the fact that his is the best Sheik in the country by a pretty significant margin? Of course not.

Sorry to be blunt, but it seems to me that you're just trying to claim an undeserved position of merit by acting like KDJ somehow doesn't qualify.
as if im not terribly aware of that? more-or-less what im doing is discrediting sheik as a character because the people who have the best sheiks (kdj, m2k, etc) dont even use them because there are other characters that are better. =)

edit: that and trying to piss people off, which i do very well

ZoSo

Smash Champion
more-or-less what im doing is discrediting sheik as a character because the people who have the best sheiks (kdj, m2k, etc) dont even use them because there are other characters that are better. =)
No johns.

chillindude829

Smash Master
if u use sheik throughout an entire tournament then switch to fox for all the finals and matches vs the top players, you main fox, not sheik.

the only top player he uses sheik vs is m2k, because m2k is terrible vs sheik. (as far as m2k standards go)
he uses sheik vs m2k and marth vs chu. im not sure who he'd use against PC, maybe fox. those are the top 3 players, how does using fox against maybe one of them make him a fox main?

ur an idiot

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
The last time KDJ played PC was at VESTICLE (I think) and he used Marth, Sheik and Fox all pretty equally. If anything he used Marth the most I think. I'm too lazy to look. He mained Fox like a year ago....

Zoso is completely right, though... the whole idea of 'maining' someone is pretty silly and pretty limiting. You can have a character you usually do best with but much better to have a few you can pull out depending on the situation.
I mean, nothing but respect for someone like Dire who mains G&W and never switches characters but yeah pretty limiting.

Bailey

Smash Hero
No one can only play one character. If you do only play one most of the time you won't get that far unless you are god. But you need diversity in this game to win.

Rage.

Smash Ace
how long has chu been playing almost exclusively climbers?
Yeah Chu Mains Ice Climbers.
thats a true main right there

To the original argument about Sheik
Plaink said that a Falcon can never beat a top level Sheik
what about when Chu Beat you him with Pichu?
Can Pichus beat top level sheiks?

Banks

Smash Hero
somestimes, pichus beat sheik, falcons beat sheik, sheik beats foxes, peaches beat marth etc etc. just because one character has an advantage doesnt mean you cant win. sure you can say they shouldnt win if you play perfectly, but who does?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah Chu Mains Ice Climbers.
thats a true main right there

i was terrible back then, lol

G@BE

Smash Lord
**** shiek for her non horizontal movements. She is horizontally challenged like no other.

The way i do it most of the time. Is a grab camp like a sheik. Which works pretty well, Among of alot of other things.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
**** shiek for her non horizontal movements. She is horizontally challenged like no other.

The way i do it most of the time. Is a grab camp like a sheik. Which works pretty well, Among of alot of other things.
You still play Falcon. I own. Joke G@BE dont get mad.

G@BE

Smash Lord
--1. Isai
2. SilentSpectre (1 -- yes I know its useless)
3. LunInSpectra (4)
4. Bob$ (3)
5. TANG (6)
6. The Germ (5)
--7. Full Metal Falcomist
N 8. foxroar
9. ShadowBTZO (11)
10. Hyuga (12)
11. Hella (9)
12. Zhu (13)
N 13. Snap
N 14. Dark Mike
--15. Meep
N 16. Frotaz
17. KFC (19)
18. Zoap (17)
19. SideFX (18)
N 20. Bernard

D

Deleted member

as if im not terribly aware of that? more-or-less what im doing is discrediting sheik as a character because the people who have the best sheiks (kdj, m2k, etc) dont even use them because there are other characters that are better. =)
maybe they just want to play other chars. Personally I think sheik is m2k's best character overall but he just likes marth more.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
maybe they just want to play other chars. Personally I think sheik is m2k's best character overall but he just likes marth more.
tbh last tim m2k used shek he lsto fox bu
HTML:
h[HTML]whi[HTML]currsncu fox sux nand imdriiunk LOOOOL EVERCLEAR IS TOON   GKOOOODD
[/HTML][/HTML]

Banks

Smash Hero
yeah totally like BANKS. I mean come on have you seen the NE power rankings??? *****'s 10th!
****ING EXACTLY RAWRAWRAWR

but really, if you say "drephen and plank are the only good sheik mains" pssh yea right there are a few scattered around.

drephen is obviously mad pro tho

Banned via Administration
tbh last tim m2k used shek he lsto fox bu
HTML:
h[HTML]whi[HTML]currsncu fox sux nand imdriiunk LOOOOL EVERCLEAR IS TOON   GKOOOODD
[/HTML][/HTML]
im pretty sure this is the best post in the falcon forums. saved and sigged.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Of course a Pichu player can beat a top-level Sheik player.
It just takes these simple tactics:

1) knock the controller out of your opponent's hand repeatedly
2) biting and scratching is usually not against any tournament rules, use it wisely
3) blinding an opponent can help cut through their defense, try throwing something in their face like hot pepper. If you do not have such substance, see #2 (go for the eyes).
4) sneak on a handicap of lvl 9, this brings Pichu about mid-tier.
5) Unplug their controller (or cut the wire), this works well when combined with other techniques (particularly #3)

If you fail at the above techniques, chances are the Sheik player will chaingrab you to 999% and F-air you to your death before you can land a single hit. JV-5 stocked.

The only compensation is if you do actually land a hit on your opponent you can laugh at how terrible they are that Pichu actually landed a hit on them. Rub it in their face. If they say anything, just "no johns" them and laugh some more. Get your friends to laugh at them. Make them feel terrible that they had to resort to playing so cheap against a Pichu. Break their competitive spirit, and next time maybe they won't chaingrab you and you'll have an easier time getting a hit on them.

CPTNfalcon

Smash Apprentice
Of course a Pichu player can beat a top-level Sheik player.
It just takes these simple tactics:

1) knock the controller out of your opponent's hand repeatedly
2) biting and scratching is usually not against any tournament rules, use it wisely
3) blinding an opponent can help cut through their defense, try throwing something in their face like hot pepper. If you do not have such substance, see #2 (go for the eyes).
4) sneak on a handicap of lvl 9, this brings Pichu about mid-tier.
5) Unplug their controller (or cut the wire), this works well when combined with other techniques (particularly #3)

If you fail at the above techniques, chances are the Sheik player will chaingrab you to 999% and F-air you to your death before you can land a single hit. JV-5 stocked.

The only compensation is if you do actually land a hit on your opponent you can laugh at how terrible they are that Pichu actually landed a hit on them. Rub it in their face. If they say anything, just "no johns" them and laugh some more. Get your friends to laugh at them. Make them feel terrible that they had to resort to playing so cheap against a Pichu. Break their competitive spirit, and next time maybe they won't chaingrab you and you'll have an easier time getting a hit on them.
Bear mace works perfectly

Banks

Smash Hero
am i the only one who thinks your could type coherently while drunk?

but yea on thing falcons can do against sheik is every time they downsmash on your sheild, KNEE THEM

bwahaha GOTTA BE QUIK

G@BE

Smash Lord
My friend was losing to a sheik one time and then punched him in the leg, then he yelled mind games

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i fought my cousins shiek today.. let me tell you the tilts just ****.. even tho i won, i had to make a comback. the Uairs totally dominate shiek for real tho i had some nice combos with that, but we didnt record =( so my bad but yeah definalty the Uair!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom