• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik in teams

Villi

Smash Lord
Sheik is a good doubles partner. She can be very hard to hit and her speed makes it so that she can get around the chaos very quickly. Needles help interrupt chain grabs/combos on her teammate and ftilts serve as a good damage racker as always. She's great at getting surprise kills with up smash and it's difficult to effectively double team her with all her mobility and dsmash. Chain is also a little more effective because it's difficult to see when the camera is so panned out haha

How does Sheik do in teams for you? Who are her best partners and stages?

Currently, I'm teaming with a Marth and we tend to do pretty well in doubles for just starting out playing together. We tend to get the same amount of kills or Marth gets almost all of them, but Sheik definitely interrupts the flow of the other team. I love Pokemon Stadium since sheik gets that wall almost-infinite, and Marth has actual infinites. Both of them are great at keeping the other guy away/****** them while they panic.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Who is that in your sig? x___x

I agree with this but I think that she's over-shadowed by other good teams characters...like MK, Snake, Dedede, Wario and Lucario. Sheik definitely shouldn't be used as a stock tank though; she should be used in an offensive team where both members rack up damage and at least one can KO with the implicit goal of "killing before others kill them".

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Who is that in your sig? x___x
That's Tyra Banks, lol. Don't ask why I know that.

I agree with this but I think that she's over-shadowed by other good teams characters...like MK, Snake, Dedede, Wario and Lucario. Sheik definitely shouldn't be used as a stock tank though; she should be used in an offensive team where both members rack up damage and at least one can KO with the implicit goal of "killing before others kill them".
I suppose it depends on who you're with really. If you have a good hybrid, then G&W isn't a bad choice. I team up with a G&W and hybrid for kills and bucket filling with Din's fire for the instant kill. Seems to work pretty well if you know what you're doing.

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
I haven't done doubles yet but that G&W with Din's fire seems like a really nice combo, same to go for a Lucas or Ness team up. But that is more or less Zelda and not so much Sheik.

Once I get out of my scrub state I really look forward to teaming up with a certain Peach player =D
I think Peach and Sheik make a really amazing team since one has such quick maneuvers while racking up damage and keeping stocks up with evasion, and the other has an amazing survivability I think and won't get hurt to bad if she accidentally gets caught in Ftilt-lock.

Peach has the KO power and Sheik has the DPS. so yeah....one day, Bone & Voyeur

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Sheik will never be a top contender in teams, though being in teams does help with her inherent killing problem if she teams with someone such as Snake or Wario (who wreck in teams anyway). She can save her opponent well from a gimp, though with those two optimum ones that shouldn't be too much of a trouble. She can interrupt well, definately one of the best in the game, but her F Tilt lock is of course now interruptable too, though you can usually see it coming and finish it quickly with an N Air/U Tilt but it still much increases character's like Fox's viability. Sheik's a bit middle of the road in teams, she doesn't have the extremes for something like stock tank, she's quite balanced.

*Edit* G&W will also **** with Sheik, just because G&W in teams is amazing.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Sheik is brilliant in teams!

Like Villi said... the needles and speed are her main assets. In teams, you wanna play it safe since Sheik can easily rack up so much damage easily and die quickly. Especially if there's a G&W, Snake, or MK on the other team... some random fsmash will kill you instantly.

But remember... Sheik is a NINJA!!! You have to roll around and weave through the chaos and reach your opponent. Once you do, her attacks are fast enough to beat almost anything out. And keep charged needles which really disrupts opponents even from across the stage.

When playing Sheik in teams, you really have to think "Ninja... I'm a ninja..." and you'll really feel it when you throw needles under two players in order to hit an opponent on the other side of the stage. Sheik is great at edge guarding and picking up damage, so you're gonna want an opponent who can get the KO's. Sheik+Snake and Sheik+G&W are both very good, but I'm sure you can come up with many more strategies.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
as always needles easily steal the show. I rack big damage and take very very little in teams.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I personally don't like Sheik much for teams, I do better with Zelda in them, even though I don't use Zelda.

Zelda with G&W is handy though, I did that team with my best friend at a tourny, though it was really loud there so he couldn't hear me whenever I yelled out whether or not to bucket my Din's fire x.x

Sheik seems to have potential in teams, I just always die too easily with her in teams ^^' If I can manage to live well, then she seems good. I do better with 1 Ice Climber in teams though x.x Since a solo climber is better at killing in teams than Sheik is.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I imagine anyone that can kill people on the side would compliment Shiek really well, since Shiek can secure gimping kills pretty well. I think Marth will be ideal, Maybe Ike since Shiek is fast enough to avoid getting smacked around from team damage. And Shiek locks and Needles seems nice for the Fire Emblem Characters.

GnW is a universal plus in teams as always.

I think Peach would compliment Shiek well with Floating aids for aerial cover.

Oh, and I think Kirby would do well with Shiek.

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
I'd say either a stock ***** who kills well or someone who avoids damage well and kills well would be ideal. There's no point in being able to avoid damage if your partner can't do the same. For this reason, I'd say GW, Snake, DK, D3 (?), Wario, and obviously MK would be my guess for good teams partners.

Also, I think DACUS could be used well in double-team situations. For instance, you could use it as a quick surprise attack to get halfway across the stage when your partner's getting attacked, or even as a means of fast escape when you predict a two-on-one situation on yourself. Or you could, you know, just Dsmash..

Flamingo

Smash Lord
My Sheik + Olimar team is ****.

ABSOLUTE COMPLETE ****.

Sheik is easily one of the best doubles partners, and if you say otherwise then I am willing to debate it with anyone. Have at it.

PS: DACUS in teams is a dumb idea, Jaigoda.

10lolz@DACUShype.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Flamingo sheik doesn't have any strengths really in 2v2, how can you say she's one of the best when there are so many other characters who have clear strengths in 2v2 which is why they are so good in them

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Personally I hate her for doubles. She doesn't have the ability to protect herself from multiple incoming attacks.

Theoreticall f-tilt locks, DACUS, needle stun, etc... would all be ideal for doubles but Sheik demands a lot of space around her which most stages, when crowded with four players, just won't allow.

Perhaps a good partner makes all the difference.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I disagree

But first let me just say dacus is meh is singles play and worse in teams.

Sheik needing space is more match up dependant, you only really need space on characters that can punish you easily out of shield. Dedede being the main one that comes to mind.

As for pros, sheik has one of, if not the fastest move set in the game making her excelent for assisting as well and locking opponents out and keeping heavy presure. Sheik also can rack big damage even from afar with needles which in my opinion is easily her best asset to a team. Her edge game is very strong with thanks to bair and needles.

chain is bad in teams it imobilizes you and leaves your teammate alone, please don't use it to edge gaurd :/

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Personally I hate her for doubles. She doesn't have the ability to protect herself from multiple incoming attacks.

Theoreticall f-tilt locks, DACUS, needle stun, etc... would all be ideal for doubles but Sheik demands a lot of space around her which most stages, when crowded with four players, just won't allow.

Perhaps a good partner makes all the difference.
I agree I think she's pretty bad in teams. She's light, she doesn't really have any easy KO setups in teams, her ftilt sex is taken away.

Gimps don't happen that much in teams and needles don't really add much to the match. I guess you can spam the hell out of bair and dsmash....but I don't really see any area where she excels. Most of her spacing game is taken away in teams.

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
Actually, Sheik and Jigglypuff make a VERY effective team. Reason being Sheik can rack up damage quickly and jiggly puff is annoying to fight when sheik is on the offensive.

The Kills come when Sheik decides to grab somebody and Jiggly uses rest on the enemy that is grabbed. might sound ineffective for jiggly since she is sleep, but if team attack is on sheik can lightly jab her awake :)

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
I agree I think she's pretty bad in teams. She's light, she doesn't really have any easy KO setups in teams, her ftilt sex is taken away.

Gimps don't happen that much in teams and needles don't really add much to the match. I guess you can spam the hell out of bair and dsmash....but I don't really see any area where she excels. Most of her spacing game is taken away in teams.

UMMM this ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbWQ6PFvLDU

Sheik is amazing when it comes to racking up damage quickly, all you need is a powerhouse teammate and it makes her much more effective

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
UMMM this ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbWQ6PFvLDU

Sheik is amazing when it comes to racking up damage quickly, all you need is a powerhouse teammate and it makes her much more effective
Ajax, I'm not understanding what you mean by "powerhouse" teammate. Both matches were really close, and there wasn't much team dynamics as far as I could tell. What I'm trying to ask, is what point you're trying to prove with your video?

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
Well I had better videos but if you have a sheik teamed with a decent power focused character like say ganon and sheik racks up hits, ganon would deliver a killing blow. But with the I'm trying to show how assistful she can be. Partner was wack though :(

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
well i'm glad to see not everyone think shes no good in teams...her light weight and lack of KO power are an issue but i think shes still viable
sheik/zelda team is awesome heh and seems to do alright
i have also had success w/ olimar and snake

iLight

Smash Lord
a few videos of my sheik in doubles in some friendlies are going to be loaded soon i'll post them here, and in my video thread =] I personally think shiek is awesome in doubles. you never have to commit to anything and when people are not paying attention its super fun to dacus out of no where from anywhere on the stage getting some nice kills, but i think that the best way to use shiek in doubles is to team her with either an excessively strong character or with another retardedly fast character

Jeet Kune Do

Smash Apprentice
lol @ mentioning Ganondorf as a powerhouse teammate.

Wait a minute... would it actually work?! Ahaha.

Interestingly enough, Zelda would make a decent teammate.

(haha, not only that, but having another Zelda on screen would make transformation instant xD)

iLight

Smash Lord

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Actually, Sheik and Jigglypuff make a VERY effective team. Reason being Sheik can rack up damage quickly and jiggly puff is annoying to fight when sheik is on the offensive.

The Kills come when Sheik decides to grab somebody and Jiggly uses rest on the enemy that is grabbed. might sound ineffective for jiggly since she is sleep, but if team attack is on sheik can lightly jab her awake :)
Isn't this true for anyone that can grab?

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Isn't this true for anyone that can grab?
Yes, and Sheik has a decent grab, but has nowhere close to Olimar and D3's grab range, where this application is more viable. Also, Jiggs is a decent character, but I find Luigi's fire punch a better strategy due to him... well... being a more rounded character.

I find Sheik is good in teams because she is fast, a great damage building character, and has an unique ability to 'lock' a character in her ftilt while your teammate can 1v1 the enemy. This 1v1 vs. your enemy is in Sheik's team's favor due to the fact that the teammate of the enemy in the lock will probably try to lower his guard trying to free him of the tilt lock, allowing your teammate to hit him. Also, if he tries to relieve his teammate of the lock, in doing so around 50% of the time, he will hit both Sheik and the damaged teammate in his efforts, thus achieving nothing but ending a tilt lock that probably would have ended shortly anyways.

tl;dr version: Sheik is a very viable teams character when combined with a teammate with a good pressure game, that also has a good arsenal of killing moves.

Hopefully you guys agree, it's pretty logical.

My best friend uses Olimar and my god Flamingo i couldn't agree with your opinion more on this one :)
Yeah, my roommate/teammate is an Oli player and 10th on the NC PRs

Sadly I usually end up going Metaknight in tourney because I have a pretty good MK, because he is simply an essential element to teams play, but I play Sheik as well and enjoy playing her more.

Edu.

Smash Cadet
My Sheik + Olimar team is absolute ****.
why?

The best olimar in europe lives in my region but i always tell him that we can't be team partners because we would camp each other. I usually make teams with aerial characters so do you have a good reason to make team with a olimar? I would be really interested. :)

Top Bottom