• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I somewhat feel more confident about Shantae's chances now after seeing Sephiroth get in. Why despite him having nothing to do with Shantae? Because his inclusion shows non of us know jack **** and Sakurai is completely unpredictable. Don't give up guys until it is all over. ;)
It's actually a relief to see a character no leak ever mentioned ONCE making the cut. Any "leaks" are just noise anymore. Long as Sakurai's team is working from home, any information getting out is close to impossible.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's actually a relief to see a character no leak ever mentioned ONCE making the cut. Any "leaks" are just noise anymore. Long as Sakurai's team is working from home, any information getting out is close to impossible.
Technically, there was no insiders or credible leakers that didn't know about K. Rool, Joker, or Byleth. Those characters were kept pretty hidden away from leakers or people in the inside. I wish more characters were as well guarded as those 3.

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
Alternate method of getting through the Smash DLC season: Complain on Twitter about Nintendo's cease and desist orders and boycott their products to the point where they have to concede and release everything to the public.

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Hello guys. Yes, it's me, The Robot Dump. I have abandoned the previous account because I no longer felt like using it. I will not be using it anymore, so I would kindly appreciate it if a website admin deleted the account.

And yes, I cast my vote for Shantae as a Fighter on the poll in this forum. Of course I said "Yes, as a Fighter".

zferolie

Smash Hero
I do like this as well, and I think its going to be the standard. No leaks are going to happen, at least not till a few hours before hand at best(like with steve being vaguly hinted at by that 1 guy like 5 hours before the reveal) and even then i didn't even see that till after the reveal. I think the rest of the pass, and any other surprised Sakurai brings, are going to be complete surprises

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Hello guys. Yes, it's me, The Robot Dump. I have abandoned the previous account because I no longer felt like using it. I will not be using it anymore, so I would kindly appreciate it if a website admin deleted the account.

And yes, I cast my vote for Shantae as a Fighter on the poll in this forum. Of course I said "Yes, as a Fighter".
If you don't me asking, how come you decided to go with a different name?

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
If you don't me asking, how come you decided to go with a different name?
Because my current name on YouTube and Discord is Comedic Comrade. The Robot Dump is a name I have abandoned back on November 1st, and I joined this site on October 2nd (albeit said nothing until the next day).

Dukefire

Smash Master
I don't think that Mii Costume Wave 8 will have an Indie costume present since it's going to focus more on FFVII content. I do think that another Deluxe Mii costume may be coming. What do you think?

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that Mii Costume Wave 8 will have an Indie costume present since it's going to focus more on FFVII content. I do think that another Deluxe Mii costume may be coming. What do you think?
Yeah, I’m not sure if we’ll get many FF costumes (but please gunner Barrett fits so well and brawler Tifa just so she gets something), maybe something like the Chocobo hat with a Black Mage outfit from classic FF. If we get a deluxe (with soundtrack) or highly detailed (like Bomberman or Vault Boy) Mii it’s almost certainly gonna be Geno.

Which only makes me think even more that they’re gonna do an Indie Deluxe Mii Fighter full set blowout with a playable Shantae... fingers crossed.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There is one important thing to take from Seph's inclusion (besides the fact that second unique fighters are now possible for third-party series): so far, everyone in Fighters Pass 2 is looking to be a character or concept that was planned to be included earlier, but had to be moved to DLC.

• :ultminmin filled the void left by Spring Man not being able to get in base game as a fighter representing ARMS.
  • :ultsteve:'s negotiations occurred shortly after 4's content support completion, with him missing out on FP1 and :ultbanjokazooie: filling in for him in the meantime.

Now we get to Seph, who was in the infamous Seven Squares list, which is two years old, and it's rumored that he was going to be all the way back in 4 before those plans fell through. The most telltale thing heralding his eventual arrival is :ultcloud:'s associated content being oddly minimal even after coming back for the base game of Ultimate.

So what I'm getting at here is that some (if not one) of the remaining fighters are likely to have been planned to begin with, by having minor content placed in the base game as a holdover until negotiations for a playable appearance are complete.

Dukefire

Smash Master
WHAT!? Well this is a Christmas present from Sakurai before 2020 is over.

Also, what are the characters that either doesn't have a lot of content and/or is under people's radar for Sakurai to surprise many?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
There is one important thing to take from Seph's inclusion (besides the fact that second unique fighters are now possible for third-party series): so far, everyone in Fighters Pass 2 is looking to be a character or concept that was planned to be included earlier, but had to be moved to DLC.

• :ultminmin filled the void left by Spring Man not being able to get in base game as a fighter representing ARMS.
  • :ultsteve:'s negotiations occurred shortly after 4's content support completion, with him missing out on FP1 and :ultbanjokazooie: filling in for him in the meantime.

Now we get to Seph, who was in the infamous Seven Squares list, which is two years old, and it's rumored that he was going to be all the way back in 4 before those plans fell through. The most telltale thing heralding his eventual arrival is :ultcloud:'s associated content being oddly minimal even after coming back for the base game of Ultimate.

So what I'm getting at here is that some (if not one) of the remaining fighters are likely to have been planned to begin with, by having minor content placed in the base game as a holdover until negotiations for a playable appearance are complete.
You don't mean to suggest...

TDDolphin

Smash Ace

Rex & Pyra? Since Sakurai said he had wanted to include Rex in base game, but development was too far along to include him then.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sorry to double post, but I just came from the Geno page and I guess the person who started it just left a message talking about closing down the thread temporarily... Is that really possible?
I mean, a mod can lock a thread yeah. Nobody can reply when it's locked.
Maybe there's too much going on in it and they feel it needs a break.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
True. But I can't predict Sakurai anymore after Sephiroth's reveal.

Sorry to double post, but I just came from the Geno page and I guess one of the moderator's just left a message talking about closing down the thread temporarily... Is it really possible to do that?
It happens from time to time in threads, if tensions are high and it's clear that people need a break, or time to cool off.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I mean, a mod can lock a thread yeah. Nobody can reply when it's locked.
Maybe there's too much going on in it and they feel it needs a break.
It happens from time to time in threads, if tensions are high and it's clear that people need a break, or time to cool off.
Huh... Alright then. I didn't really scroll up to see what the Geno fans had written. Just thought I'd check it out and saw that message. Shame that it came to that.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Huh... Alright then. I didn't really scroll up to see what the Geno fans had written. Just thought I'd check it out and saw that message. Shame that it came to that.
I didn't see anything that bad really. But there was a lot of them being pissed at sephiroth, calling it a dumb choice for a character. And a few outsiders to the thread arguing with them about geno's value for smash or things like that, no name calling that I saw, but maybe it's a preventive measure.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm a Geno supporter, but yeah, a cooldown is needed. Even though Geno is my most wanted, I still support others including Shantae, Crash, Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright, DoomSlayer, Ryu Hayabusa, Bandana Dee, Master Chief, Rayman, and Lloyd Irving to name some characters off the top of my head

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In regards to Geno, I need to see his Mii costume just to make sure he's not in. Maybe?

You don't mean to suggest...
You never know, lads.

Rex & Pyra? Since Sakurai said he had wanted to include Rex in base game, but development was too far along to include him then.
Maybe, but speaking from experience, Sak acknowledging specific characters getting in as minor content rarely ends well...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If you guys haven't been paying attention to the Japanese Smash Bros Twitter, they announced when the next wave of Smash amiibos releases: March 26th in Japan https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/1337192876816515072 That's a long enough gap presumably to be timed around the release of FP9
Yeah, I expect the next fighter to be announced in the next three months at the absolute maximum. At this rate the pass will be done before we're even one year later from now.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Its weird as you all can tell from my collage I've posted sometimes on here I support A LOT of characters for getting into Smash, and yet...I only really post and keep track of THIS thread. I only really focus on Shantae here.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Yeah, I expect the next fighter to be announced in the next three months at the absolute maximum. At this rate the pass will be done before we're even one year later from now.
That's what I'm thinking too. And if E3 is able to take place in 2021, they may even do another double reveal for Challenger Packs 10 and 11 and close out Fighter Pass 2 and Smash Ultimate on the big stage!

Its weird as you all can tell from my collage I've posted sometimes on here I support A LOT of characters for getting into Smash, and yet...I only really post and keep track of THIS thread. I only really focus on Shantae here.
Yeah I can relate. Despite me saying lately that I'm all in on Shantae, I can't help but go back to the Ryu Hayabusa thread from time to time. These 2 are really the only one's I stick to despite me also supporting other characters for Smash too.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Nothing weird them. Indies deserve a shoutout.
If anything, the game awards are way too geared towards mainstream games.
Hades really tried this year tho. I didn't expect it to win much since Game awards have a string Sony and AAA bias, but I took it as a small victory to see Hades get so many nominations.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hades really tried this year tho. I didn't expect it to win much since Game awards have a string Sony and AAA bias, but I took it as a small victory to see Hades get so many nominations.
Yeah that is good, Hades is a good game and I'm glad it did win.
Too bad they had very limited choices, and Shantae wasn't showcased anywhere.

Last edited:
Top Bottom