• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
They would have a better time with a team that can help with Shantae's 3D model and a possible insight for 3D creation in WF's future projects.
Except the capability of making a 3D-game isn't the issue, but if WayForward is even willing to make a 3D-Shantae game in the first place.
Back then, they expressed how Shantae wouldn't work in a 3D-game, so her series would stay 2D.

Yeah. But 99% of leaks are fake and about less than 1% are credible/real. Finding real leaks or sources is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
I honestly would call "Leaks" what they truly are: Predictions!
I really don't think leaks are real, especially with a company like Nintendo that so harshly punishes leaks.

People really just guess. But since they are self-important, pompous scumbags, they just label their Predictions as "Leaks".
And when their guesses happen to be spot on, they can just publicly flaunt their ego, pretending to be an oracle or something, for people to revere.
It's classic clout and attention seeking. It's sad!

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Man it sounds like this bakugan game is a dumpster fire sadly :(

I haven't gotten anything yet either. Presumably LRG has been waiting on production for the CE sets of the physical version, and that's why there's been delays. All the plushie orders that were bundled with a physical version seem to have gotten delayed too, while the people who ordered just the plushie have gotten it already.

But the head of LRG tweeted recently that the Collectors editions finally came in recently. And on my order page the CE finally changed from "In Production" to "On deck" indicating that it's in their warehouse. So hopefully they'll be starting shipping within the next two weeks.

View attachment 291088

Funny how things work out, I think I'm gonna be getting the physical version of Indivisible and the physical version of Seven Sirens around the same time lol.
I cant even get to that page. I can see m border, but for some reason the sight acts like i have no account when o try to login to see more info...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
You know, most of those games he mentions came out rather recently, and close together to boot. Wayforward in general seems to have more resources to make their own games, so I wonder if that has an effect on other projects?
They said they were considering Shantae animated series and I would actually love that to happen. Please on Netflix. I’ll so watch it on that streaming service.

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818

This Mario 64 Romhack IMO shows why a 3D Shantae game could have trouble with her hair obscuring Shantae's body.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord

This Mario 64 Romhack IMO shows why a 3D Shantae game could have trouble with her hair obscuring Shantae's body.
That was WayForward's reasoning as well, as to why they'd never make a 3D-Shantae game.
However, I believe that to be such an arbitrary thing to bar a character from going 3D.

Remember Yae from Goemon?
She also has a long ponytail like Shantae and yet that didn't prevent her from working in the N64-game Mystical Ninja.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Yeah... Condemn the entire website and all its shows, over just one thing. <_<
Dude they cancelled another top favorite show(that one with muppets like I think Dark Crystal) and are actively removing fanservice like ANIME. Yet THAT thing was still allowed to continue even though it breaks laws.

Anyway so how are things going for the #ShantaeForSmashDLC front?

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
Dude they cancelled another top favorite show(that one with muppets like I think Dark Crystal) and are actively removing fanservice like ANIME. Yet THAT thing was still allowed to continue even though it breaks laws.

Anyway so how are things going for the #ShantaeForSmashDLC front?
First off, the Shantae for Smash DLC front is doing just fine.

Second, what? They cancelled The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance?

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I'll just say one thing: Context matters!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I got Shantae japanese version, now Im looking to sell it on Ebay.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman

I really can’t agree there. This is a fan made model built to fit SM64’s design and engine, not a development team designing a model and game to work together. If they really wanted to make a Shantae 3D game, they could easily find a way to make it work. Make her body and hair sway more so it isn’t always covering her silhouette. Make her ponytail thinner like in the old designs. Make it so it doesn’t matter what actions the front of her body does while in humanoid form so it doesn’t matter if it’s obscured.
If they want it to happen, they’ll find a way.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I really can’t agree there. This is a fan made model built to fit SM64’s design and engine, not a development team designing a model and game to work together. If they really wanted to make a Shantae 3D game, they could easily find a way to make it work. Make her body and hair sway more so it isn’t always covering her silhouette. Make her ponytail thinner like in the old designs. Make it so it doesn’t matter what actions the front of her body does while in humanoid form so it doesn’t matter if it’s obscured.
If they want it to happen, they’ll find a way.
I agree.
But WayForward used to have this reasoning to not make a 3D-Shantae Game.

Again, Yae in Mystical Ninja N64 had a long ponytail obscuring her from a backview as well.
But Konami didn't care and it worked.
So I don't think that reasoning is justified.

Need I remind people that Cuphead will air on Netflix, and so far things seem to be going smoothly for that with no sign of production cancelling.
That's interesting.
Hope they will continue with the Castlevania Netflix show as well.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Wait, Wha? This was an interesting and questionable move for this Bakugan game from the interview.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I've been thinking things over for a few days, and I believe I've come to a decision. I think I'm gonna shorten my most wanted fighters for Smash to just one character now. After everything Smash Ultimate has already given me, such as bringing every character and all of the best stages back, bringing back Tournament mode, adding a new Adventure mode, Spirits and Squad Strike, and adding some really great newcomers for both base game and DLC, I feel as though it's a bit selfish on my part to keep begging for more characters than I'll probably need. Honestly, most of my most requested characters are ones that I probably wouldn't main even if I got them, so I'm just gonna go all in on one who I know I would play as the most and add to my main fighters list: Link, Pit, Wolf, Joker, Cloud, Byleth, Palutena and Banjo & Kazooie. Obviously since I wrote this message on this page, it means I'm talking about Shantae. Consider me all aboard the Shantae train!!! And if I'm wrong and she ends up not happening, I'll be alright 👍 To me, Sakurai, Sora Ltd. and Bandai Namco have earned the right to put whoever they want into Smash Ultimate, even if they wind up being characters I'm not personally attached to or don't really like.

Here's to keeping the Shantae love going!! 😄

Last edited:

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking things over for a few days, and I believe I've come to a decision. I think I'm gonna shorten my most wanted fighters for Smash to just one character now. After everything Smash Ultimate has already given me, such as bringing every character and all of the best stages back, bringing back Tournament mode, adding a new Adventure mode, Spirits and Squad Strike, and adding some really great newcomers for both base game and DLC, I feel as though it's a bit selfish on my part to keep begging for more characters than I'll probably need. Honestly, most of my most requested characters are ones that I probably wouldn't main even if I got them, so I'm just gonna go all in on one who I know I would play as the most and add to my main fighters list: Link, Pit, Wolf, Joker, Cloud, Byleth, Palutena and Banjo & Kazooie. Obviously since I wrote this message on this page, it means I'm talking about Shantae. Consider me all aboard the Shantae train!!! And if I'm wrong and she ends up not happening, I'll be alright 👍 To me, Sakurai, Sora Ltd. and Bandai Namco have earned the right to put whoever they want into Smash Ultimate, even if they wind up being characters I'm not personally attached to or don't really like.

That is such a great message! You have amazed me! Shantae for Smash all the way!

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman

Nice message but tbh I won’t be alright without Shantae. It’ll be heartbroken for me

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Good speech, but I prefer not betting all my chips on a single number. I still quite have a few good backup wants in the event Shantae isn't in.

Staarih

Smash Master
I was hoping for Shantae Seven Sirens to appear in Famitsu's list of last week's Top 30 sales, but as it turns out, she didn't make the list. The 30th place sold 1702 copies so Seven Sirens did less than that on both PS4 and NSW. I recall Half-Genie Hero doing better back in the day, selling like 2k first week and making the list. Oh well, was kinda hoping for better sales but I guess Shantae needs to keep on paving her way in Japan! And people might have opted for digital more during this trialing times.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping for Shantae Seven Sirens to appear in Famitsu's list of last week's Top 30 sales, but as it turns out, she didn't make the list. The 30th place sold 1702 copies so Seven Sirens did less than that on both PS4 and NSW. I recall Half-Genie Hero doing better back in the day, selling like 2k first week and making the list. Oh well, was kinda hoping for better sales but I guess Shantae needs to keep on paving her way in Japan! And people might have opted for digital more during this trialing times.
Yeah, I’m fairly certain famitsu only covers retail sales, so maybe there was a bigger push for the digital edition.

Top Bottom