• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Damn, so tempting... D:

I can't justify buying the same game again for another stand though, so I'll just stick with my LRG order.
I do like it.
Someone can do like Shinuto and sell the game after :p
Personally though, I would rather just dish out money for the charagumin figure if it had stock, but that's a lot more money (75$+)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So has anyone gotten a email notification from Limited Run yet about their Seven Sirens Collector's Editon pre-order? I haven't heard anything from Limited Run about my pre-order yet.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So has anyone gotten a email notification from Limited Run yet about their Seven Sirens Collector's Editon pre-order? I haven't heard anything from Limited Run about my pre-order yet.
No, but the website page for it also says that the game is still in production.

Hopefully it ships before GBC Shantae and Risky's Revenge are put up for preorder.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So people aren't sure whether friday will be a small direct or a general direct. A bigger one would be nice, but who's to say there can't be a smash reveal at a smaller one? Like say one that has indie characters XD

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So people aren't sure whether friday will be a small direct or a general direct. A bigger one would be nice, but who's to say there can't be a smash reveal at a smaller one? Like say one that has indie characters XD
Keep in mind that the Mini we had in March still had a decent air length despite the name. The name is not important right now, just that the event is noteworthy enough to air near Gamescom (which Nintendo isn't directly attending this year).

Also, we just had a Nindies World and those don't focus on big properties anymore, so it wouldn't be that.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I imagine that whether it’s a Mini or a General, there’ll be a Smash reveal (or two). COVID unfortunately isn’t going anywhere for the next couple years so I suspect that their working policies will extend into 2021. Meaning they likely won’t be having quarterly Directs. So if there’s going to be presentations every 6 months instead of 3, it makes sense to put 1 or 2 reveals (2 like that E3 last year) in every presentation they do. There’s 5 characters left and 15 months to do it, so I figure they’ll release a character Sept/Oct 2020, Winter 2020, Spring 2021, Summer 2021, and Fall 2021 (maybe going as late as November or December). So it’s not too out there to think they could announce two if this is a large General Direct, one for a Fall release in a few weeks and one for a Winter release in a few months.
I’m still optimistic that Shantae has a chance!

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
The general consensus I see is that we're getting something next week and then the big direct in September. Whatever it is I just hope that something we get is actually something instead of just being one real announcement compounded by some uninteresting stuff.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
The general consensus I see is that we're getting something next week and then the big direct in September. Whatever it is I just hope that something we get is actually something instead of just being one real announcement compounded by some uninteresting stuff.
Why do you think the supposed reveal next week isn't a BIG one and we're instead getting a big reveal in September?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The ones saying this one is just a partner direct aren't sure, and there's multiple that say it's a general direct. So, I'd lean towards a general for now, but it is an odd time, because friday makes it hard to time for the japanese audience. But I dunno, we'll see in 5 days XD

Prodis

Smash Rookie
Did I miss something? I didn't see any announcements. Is this just another rumor that's gonna fall flat on it's face?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Did I miss something? I didn't see any announcements. Is this just another rumor that's gonna fall flat on it's face?
Nothing official, but a lot of people who have backed things like this in the past on Resetera and the like are strongly hinting something for this Friday. Consensus seems to be General Direct, but that’s kinda what people thought last Partner Showcase, so who the heck knows, really. If it’s a general Direct it’ll probably be announced Wednesday or Thursday I imagine.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
The "August 28" thing may refer to Japan's time as the later half of this Thursday in the West would be Friday in the East.
Indie World doesn't appear every month, so why would the Partners Showcase? This week should be late enough to bring new info on future Nintendo titles.
The one predicted by middle September by Jeff Grubb could be a Mario Direct since September 13 would mark the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros.
That's my theory at least.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
The "August 28" thing may refer to Japan's time as the later half of this Thursday in the West would be Friday in the East.
Indie World doesn't appear every month, so why would the Partners Showcase? This week should be late enough to bring new info on future Nintendo titles.
The one predicted by middle September by Jeff Grubb could be a Mario Direct since September 13 would mark the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros.
That's my theory at least.
I’m not sure I see a Mario direct so shortly after a main Direct, if this is a main Direct. I’d imagine a big selling point of a big Direct would be the big M himself, no? Unless it was one of those things where they announced a Mario remake or something then followed it up with “And tune in September X for a full rundown of Mario goodness!” Or something. Then maybe.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
How about we kill some time with some brainstorming?

There is actually something I've been thinking about, honestly.
Imagine all the other Half-Genie's in Seven Sirens would be fully playable...

What kind of moves would they have?
Would they be similar to Shantae or would they have a more unique moveset for themselves? : 3

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
How about we kill some time with some brainstorming?

There is actually something I've been thinking about, honestly.
Imagine all the other Half-Genie's in Seven Sirens would be fully playable...

What kind of moves would they have?
Would they be similar to Shantae or would they have a more unique moveset for themselves? : 3
They would have to have different moves from Shantae because, as far as I know, turning into animals is her thing ans her thing only. And them using the pirate weapons wouldn't make much sense either.
They could still work as echo fighters since half genies can seemingly lend their powers to other half genies (and we have Daisy who was given the turnips and floating abilities out of nowhere anyway).

Harmony is the most interesting one in my opinion, she could be a Shantae echo (they would even have the same hair dynamics) but borrow Kirby's side special. Her being in smash would create another Roy & Roy situation in the french version since Rosalina's french name is Harmonie (for some reason) haha.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
They would have to have different moves from Shantae because, as far as I know, turning into animals is her thing ans her thing only. And them using the pirate weapons wouldn't make much sense either.
They could still work as echo fighters since half genies can seemingly lend their powers to other half genies (and we have Daisy who was given the turnips and floating abilities out of nowhere anyway).

Harmony is the most interesting one in my opinion, she could be a Shantae echo (they would even have the same hair dynamics) but borrow Kirby's side special. Her being in smash would create another Roy & Roy situation in the french version since Rosalina's french name is Harmonie (for some reason) haha.
I didn't mean playable in Smash.
But in any kind of Shantae game.

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman

...She actually looks more like a Harmony than a Rosalina. Though it was rather unnecessary, I'd chalk that up like Bowser or Pokemon's Blue.

"Toadstool" tho? Yikes, never do that again NoA.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Uhm, guys.
I said being playable in a Shantae game.
Not Smash. :/
Seeing what WF's priorities are so far, I wouldn't count on anyone other than Shantae herself being playable in her own series any time soon.

If they had unlimited budget, maybe, but as it stands I wouldn't bank on it for a while. Her friends and Risky had to get crowdfunding just to become playable in the first place.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Seeing what WF's priorities are so far, I wouldn't count on anyone other than Shantae herself being playable in her own series any time soon.
Which is not really the point though. o_O

I was just wondering what their moveset would be, if they were playable in any kind of Shantae game.
It wasn't supposed to be 100% realistic, as something that could happen.

Top Bottom