• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
One thing for sure is, Mimic got to be in the opening alongside Shantae, Risky and the FttE, so he must have an even more important role this time.

What are the odds that we'll get pixel graphics again?
Low, honestly. Half-Genie Hero felt like a statement that Shantae is big enough to not need to rely on retro appeal to get ahead, so I don't see them going back except as an extra feature, like Mighty Switch Force Hyper Drive Edition.

Main question is if they'll re-use the Half-Genie Hero assets or make new ones.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Low, honestly. Half-Genie Hero felt like a statement that Shantae is big enough to not need to rely on retro appeal to get ahead, so I don't see them going back except as an extra feature, like Mighty Switch Force Hyper Drive Edition.

Main question is if they'll re-use the Half-Genie Hero assets or make new ones.
Former. I don't think they got too much leftover KS budget, but we'll see how things go.

Dukefire

Smash Master
They might use some concept idea goals that weren't reached for it from the Kickstarter for HGH.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Joker/Ren was a heartbreaker for me, but Hero and Banjo made me happy. I don't want Shantae to be playable as of now. She would be an even worse heartbreaker than Joker/Ren.

D

Deleted member

I wonder what new transformations Shantae will have in the new game. Any ideas?
I was hoping a tiger form that she can run very fast. and wouldn’t it be funny if she got in smash and had an animal form from shantae 5 we haven’t heard about?

Dukefire

Smash Master
I don't have anything else to say tonight, so I'll leave this acronym here for potential characters.
Source: Samurai Kibiji
Screenshot_20190802-110232_YouTube.jpg

D

Deleted member

Call me crazy but I’m staring to think that Jon’s tweet talking about Kirby with shantae hair I posted a page back is staring to make me think that the tweet is based on his insider knowledge and is hinting her for dlc which is making me very nervous
632135F1-40CB-46A8-96ED-9DAB984993D4.jpeg

I would like to be proven wrong please I don’t wanna set my hopes up for disappointment.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Call me crazy but I’m staring to think that Jon’s tweet talking about Kirby with shantae hair I posted a page back is staring to make me think that the tweet is based on his insider knowledge and is hinting her for dlc which is making me very nervous
View attachment 234266
I would like to be proven wrong please I don’t wanna set my hopes up for disappointment.
It is weird that it was entirely unprompted, but he doesn't typically hint at stuff like that. He posts Otter pics when stuff is happening, not outright saying something that could be a major hint.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
H
View attachment 234266
He has insider knowledge?

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Jon is also kinda a troll/memelord at times. I wouldn't read too much in to what he says on his personal Twitter account.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Can’t belive I’m gonna say this but...yes please
IDK if that Thunder person's here, but I know a certain someone else who lurks on this thread who can try to help if you're really THAT worried about it. And in case anyone asks, no I'm not Thunder nor affiliated with Thunder

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey @Connorb0t2 I haven't seen you in awhile.

One thing for sure is, Mimic got to be in the opening alongside Shantae, Risky and the FttE, so he must have an even more important role this time.

What are the odds that we'll get pixel graphics again?
It's slim but I really would love to see Shantae 5 as a 3D game. Someday I hope we get a 3D Shantae game.

They might use some concept idea goals that weren't reached for it from the Kickstarter for HGH.
Like Risky going to the moon or everyone's lines having full voice acting. That would be so awesome to see those conspects make it into Shantae 5.

IDK if that Thunder person's here, but I know a certain someone else who lurks on this thread who can try to help if you're really THAT worried about it. And in case anyone asks, no I'm not Thunder nor affiliated with Thunder
If Thunder Productions is here on Smashboards, he must have a different username from his Youtube one. I don't think he is here because he wouldn't be able to pull off his trollish bs on here because the mods would get on his ***.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Yeah he does he posted a picture of a bear a few days before the e3 direct which lead to :ultbanjokazooie:
In the effort of accuracy, he has never claimed to have insider information. Tho he did make some really out there "predictions" that later came true. Most notably during a Nintendo Direct prediction video he said hr predicted there would be a 3DS port of Kirby's Epic Yarn. At this point no one ANYWHERE was even thinking about that game much less a 3DS port so everyone laughed at the suggestion... And then it happened.

So to be clear, it's entirely possible he doesn't have insider info, but in the same token those were pretty crazy guesses if he came up with them on his own.

I wouldn't read too much into that tweet, because even if he has insider information he could still just be talking about something he wants to happen.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hmm, not sure if we should read too much into that tweet, but I would love to hope its true.

I'm still shcoked no new super big leaks have happened for smmaash yet...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Jon is a weird guy. If he doesn't have insiders, those are really good guesses and has the greatest luck.

In any case, that tweet looks more like he was just having genuine fun with Twitter users, seeing as one of the immediate responses was "Kirby with classic doom guy face". No one in the reply chain seriously thought it was a hint for anything, so...

It's slim but I really would love to see Shantae 5 as a 3D game. Someday I hope we get a 3D Shantae game.

Like Risky going to the moon or everyone's lines having full voice acting. That would be so awesome to see those conspects make it into Shantae 5.
With any luck, maybe Shantae's increased mainstream status will eventually result in WF having enough resources to do full-on 3D games period. Maybe about the same time Kirby gets a 3D platformer that's not a mini-game.

Also, that's exactly what I want to see. :smash:

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
SomecallmeJohnny made a follow up video on HGH

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I didn't realize how similar the menus for HGH Ultimate and MSF Collection are. Can we pretend these two series take place in the same universe now?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah. MSF mode in HGH is most likely a parallel universe. I wonder if Patricia would order Shantae to have her hair cut in order to follow regulation.
Even so, it would be nice to have interactions between the prime universe Shantae cast and that of MSF. Anything that helps flesh out the characters. So far this is what I can infer of the sisters:

- Pig-tailed (Action): Likes seeking out thrills. Other than that, the most level-headed of the five, possibly to the point of being the de-facto leader.
- Bowl cut (Moody): If there's one thing this surly sister doesn't hate, it's yammering to others about (her) shattered romances and dreams. Rumour has it the root of her issues lie with jealousy towards officer Patricia for besting her at the Academy... on the other hand, her frustration with everything seems to make her fearless in dangerous situations.
- Ponytail (Speedy): This fitness freak lives for only one thing: running! Whether it be from the law, danger or just for exercise, she just can't stand for her feet to remain idle.
- Medium cut (Sweetie): A huge sweet tooth. Gum, ice cream, you name a sweet thing, she wants to eat it. Her dream is to accumulate enough wealth to be able to buy (and taste) all the sweets in the world. Also notoriously clumsy with hoses.
- Long cut (Beauty): With a passion for expensive dresses and hair products, this would-be diva is easily flustered by situations she can't distract or sweet-talk out of. Also may have a soft spot for vehicles and cute animals, and hates being mistaken for Sweetie.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Something of note, ArkSys released a trailer for River City Girls recently that showed off more gameplay. Its all in Japanese though.

Btw, look at what Kyoko does at 1:36.

Last edited:
Top Bottom