• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
It seems like James Montagna's game Dodge Club Pocket has Been banned from The Google store.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
It seems like James Montagna's game Dodge Club Pocket has Been banned from The Google store.
That's pretty ridiculous. I don't pay too much attention to mobile games, but when I have gone to the google store there is always some anime dating game with more skin than that, or some western medieval viking vs knights whatever with scantily clad mages and and archers or what not.

Highlighting that one little example of cartoon cleavage is pretty silly when you really look at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty ridiculous. I don't pay too much attention to mobile games, but when I have gone to the google store there is always some anime dating game with more skin than that, or some western medieval viking vs knights whatever with scantily clad mages and and archers or what not.

Highlighting that one little example of cartoon cleavage is pretty silly when you really look at it.
There's a plethora of scantily clad mobile games.

'the heck is with all the WayForward-people disrespect lately?

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
There's a plethora of scantily clad mobile games.

'the heck is with all the WayForward-people disrespect lately?
Safe guess would be after the attention from the Shantae 5 (incomplete?) opening. The talk for Shantae possible in Fighters Pass or not.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Soon, we'll have the chance to confront Iga himself in Bloodstained. I'd have a few words with him in regards to making CV Legends non-canon.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...available_in_bloodstained_ritual_of_the_night

Hey Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy found this on twitter and had to share it to you.
Gotta say, that flag can certainly be exploitable for meme purposes.

Yeah. I think I'll go purchase the 3DS version out of protest over this nonsense.

What's next, banning Cat Girl Without Salad from the Humble Bundle?

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
I feel sorry for James. But I am glad he is not backing down. Like Mr and Mrs. Bozon didn't back down when asked to change Shantae's looks to be more conservative back in the mid 90's.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
It seems like James Montagna's game Dodge Club Pocket has Been banned from The Google store
Someone got bored and decided trolling would be a good time killer. You can't convince me it's anything but.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Hey everyone! Just thought I would let you all know that Today (or more accurately yesterday what with international date line and all) is/was our very own Dyllybirdy's birthday!

My gift is this super cute Rottytop's cosplayer I found

Happy Birthday, lil Sis.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Hey everyone! Just thought I would let you all know that Today (or more accurately yesterday what with international date line and all) is/was our very own Dyllybirdy's birthday!

My gift is this super cute Rottytop's cosplayer I found

Happy Birthday, lil Sis.
She's not the only one:

Even considering the limited amount of Gym Leaders we know about for Galar, Bea is getting a crazy amount of fan art.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Happy birthday, buddy. Which isn't that far from my sis, incidentally.

Someone got bored and decided trolling would be a good time killer. You can't convince me it's anything but.
I mean, considering that this is exactly what happened in regard to a certain user of this board I won't name here...

Such people need to have a healthier way of passing the time. Seriously. 'Nuff said.

She's not the only one:

Even considering the limited amount of Gym Leaders we know about for Galar, Bea is getting a crazy amount of fan art.
Yeah, Nessa's been tossed away like a wet towel in record time.

D-9qm6XWkAcAKn7.jpg

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Most Bea artwork I see pairs her with various Fighting Pokemon. I think her status as a mixed-martial artist (MMA) makes it easy to portray her in various situations and actions and it's not just a flavour of the month going for her.

Although Allister is getting a fair amount of art of his own, I'm pretty sure he'd totally be OK with being ignored.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Happy birthday, buddy. Which isn't that far from my sis, incidentally.

I mean, considering that this is exactly what happened in regard to a certain user of this board I won't name here...

Such people need to have a healthier way of passing the time. Seriously. 'Nuff said.

I wouldn't worry about Nessa. She is bound to surpass Bea in popularity simply because she will be experienced by all players instead of half the players like Bea. Also she is bound to be one of the companions in the Anime so even more face time with the fans.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Not sure if you guys seen this art(also HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy . I hope you have many, many more!!!!!)

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This one looks great!!!!

D

Deleted member

Ooh, this looks pretty neat. Go ahead and add me to the list of supporters, if that’s ok.

D

Deleted member

Hope you’ll enjoy the series dude!

DOWN WITH THE MAFIAAAA!!!
That has to be one of the best ones. lol

Which games have you played so far?
So far working on Half Genie Hero. I’m done with the part where Sky, Rottytops, and Bolo beat Nega-Shantae with the power of friendship.

If I’m honest, I got stuck at one part and got super unmotivated, but now I’m back at it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

So far working on Half Genie Hero. I’m done with the part where Sky, Rottytops, and Bolo beat Nega-Shantae with the power of friendship.

If I’m honest, I got stuck at one part and got super unmotivated, but now I’m back at it.
I've only played Pirate's Curse and Half-Genie Hero and so far I would say Pirate's Curse is the best one out of the Shantae games. I would highly recommend checking Pirate's Curse out next.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace

It's ironic that i'm in the same situation...

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy time to play catchup.

The opening animation for shantae 5 looks amazing. While I would like that window to be a hint, I doubt it would be. I think its safe to say shantae wouldn't be a part of this fighter pass. Though it is great that it brought so much attention to the half genie hero. If mimic was teased to be playable from it, i think it would be hilarious if he had a plauge knight playstyle.

D

Deleted member

Ok so I made a poll for who should be the indie rep and shantae is one of those choices so go on and support her if you want to she’s doing pretty good:)
So who do you think the indie rep should be if there were a 6th smash bros?
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
Guys.
GUYS!
We are on page 777. Lucky sevens and all, BUT if you replace 7 with its corresponding letter (G), what do you get?
GGG.
Three Gs.
Do you know what that means?
What can I say, I love giant robots.:4pacman:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I've been missing some, but Happy Late? Birthday Dilly(over on my side.)
Here is an artwork of Rottytops
Artist: IzharDraws
IMG_20190713_180243.jpg

Also, for those wondering about the Mighty Switch Force Collection, well you won't have to wait long before getting it.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I wouldn't worry about Nessa. She is bound to surpass Bea in popularity simply because she will be experienced by all players instead of half the players like Bea. Also she is bound to be one of the companions in the Anime so even more face time with the fans.
What makes you so sure of that? They've used the female trainer of the generation (or Lillie) to fill the female companion role ever since Hoenn, not a Water gym leader like Misty. Not to mention the relatively nonstandard format of the Sun/Moon season. Actually, due to how corporate the whole Galar league is, I don't think any gym leader has the luxury of just hiring a replacement while they go travelling: their sponsors probably want them to be available at a moment's notice.

Not saying it's impossible Nessa will be more populaar at the end of the day, but I don't see any obvious signs of her being more significant at the moment.

Back to Bea, I realize there's another fairly recent Nintendo female who wields a steely gaze and martial arts...

She won a massive popularity contest spannning several weeks in her game, by the way.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Also, for those wondering about the Mighty Switch Force Collection, well you won't have to wait long before getting it.
Yooooooooooooo I can't believe I haven't heard of the MSF collection until now. Instant purchase for me. Also I know it won't happen but I think I'm gonna bring back my Patricia Wagon support thread from the SSB4 days and post it in this newcomer subforum now.

EDIT: Shameless thread promotion time:
https://smashboards.com/threads/swi...tch-force-collection-coming-to-switch.486346/

Last edited:
Top Bottom