• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
So I've been thinking: what if spirits do de confirm characters, but not series representation. But way forward wouldnt release a free update over a simple spirit, so they mustve got something. spirits were unexpected. you know what else was unexpected? rotty hiding in shantaes pillow case during jammies mode. Is that a coincidence? maybe. Do i think it is?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Yeah, Balloon Fighter is ranked higher than Alraune, the current boss of Inferno in Bayonetta 2 (and we all know the ridiculous standards of that game), and Infinite, the guy that pretty much single-handedly trounced a whole army in Sonic Forces, is only a two-star spirit, among other things.
you do realize Balloon Fighter was made Iwata right...I rest my case.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys off topic question

After what reggienator said about the dlc fighters dose that mean the doom slayer has a chance of getting in?

So I've been thinking: what if spirits do de confirm characters, but not series representation. But way forward wouldnt release a free update over a simple spirit, so they mustve got something. spirits were unexpected. you know what else was unexpected? rotty hiding in shantaes pillow case during jammies mode. Is that a coincidence? maybe. Do i think it is?
Rotty confirmed

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Hey guys off topic question

After what reggienator said about the dlc fighters dose that mean the doom slayer has a chance of getting in?

Rotty confirmed
possibly. It all depends on how they either butcher who Doom Guy/Slayer/Marine by not as violent moves and not choose alot of his staple guns that he uses. Or they somehow make him like he is like how they did Bay.

But he's a possibility. Definitely an icon they can use instead of the Master Chief

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
possibly. It all depends on how they either butcher who Doom Guy/Slayer/Marine by not as violent moves and not choose alot of his staple guns that he uses. Or they somehow make him like he is like how they did Bay.

But he's a possibility. Definitely an icon they can use instead of the Master Chief
The only no-nos at this point seem to be guns that use bullets and ripping off body parts (but other than that his throws can be as brutal as they want). Even a chainsaw is not off the table since Corrin has a chainsaw sword. Most of the iconic weapons are energy-based anyway, except for the shotgun...

D

Deleted member

The only no-nos at this point seem to be guns that use bullets and ripping off body parts (but other than that his throws can be as brutal as they want). Even a chainsaw is not off the table since Corrin has a chainsaw sword. Most of the iconic weapons are energy-based anyway, except for the shotgun...
:ultbayonetta: Said hi

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I brought this up on the general thread. It’s not so much an issue with Doomguy more so I don’t know if a first-person protagonist would really make a smooth translation into this style of game.

This is also the third time Young Link's had to deal with darker, parallel universes (well, one of them is more of an alternate history, I guess?), so I'd say he feels the same way...
I imagine most of the Zelda cast are sick of these kind of shenanigans by this point.

D

Deleted member

I brought this up on the general thread. It’s not so much an issue with Doomguy more so I don’t know if a first-person protagonist would really make a smooth translation into this style of game.

I imagine most of the Zelda cast are sick of these kind of shenanigans by this point.
He’s the father of FPS’s he would work just fine

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I can see WF being more than happy to send in more spirits without being caught in legal troubles. The only issue must have been running out of time before we could get anything from their GBC and DS/3DS games in base Ultimate. Hell, why else would Shovel Knight somehow have more?

I’m referring to first-person protagonists in general, not just shooters.
I think Duke Nukem would work out the best out of them, since he's had his fair share of 2D adventures. Even on the GBC.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Wait, there's a "World of Dark", too? What is this, A Link to the Past? :p
Adventure mode spoilers:
Clearing the World of Light map and defeating Galeem triggers Dharkon to appear, who creates a new dark world map. A good half or so of the roster is found there.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Also the rest is found......in a versus style map and that is all I will say. I am back guys.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So, has anyone found Risky's spirit yet?
She is in the wirld of dark the unk ien dimention on a pirate ship. Need to beat her to get K Rool.

Speak8ng of the adventure, i had a ton if fun doing it. I just wish that final cutscene showed more of the cast itself.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
I wonder what songs play during the spirit battles against Shantae, Risky Boots, Rayman, and the Shovel Knight crew.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
She is in the wirld of dark the unk ien dimention on a pirate ship. Need to beat her to get K Rool.

Speak8ng of the adventure, i had a ton if fun doing it. I just wish that final cutscene showed more of the cast itself.
For spirits, these two characters have gotten a LOT of attention to detail, and that's saying something. Not every spirit can claim to also be found in a thematically appropriate place on the map after all.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Thank you.

After seeing a snapshot of her a list of equipped spirits, I can definitely confirm that the Shantae series is too cutesy to censor for Smash, while Xenoblade is most certainly not kid-friendly. :laugh:

If Rex & Pyra show up in the sequel, you can expect the latter to have some covering up.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Thank you.

After seeing a snapshot of her a list of equipped spirits, I can definitely confirm that the Shantae series is too cutesy to censor for Smash, while Xenoblade is most certainly not kid-friendly. :laugh:

If Rex & Pyra show up in the sequel, you can expect the latter to have some covering up.
Well Pyra’s spirit didn’t need to be censored, Mythra on the other hand...

I wonder what songs play during the spirit battles against Shantae, Risky Boots, Rayman, and the Shovel Knight crew.
Sonic is his Spirit Fighter and Sunset Heights from Sonic Forces is the song played

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well Pyra’s spirit didn’t need to be censored, Mythra on the other hand...

Sonic is his Spirit Fighter and Sunset Heights from Sonic Forces is the song played
It does beg the question of what in a design makes them go "too hot for the West", exactly (besides completely exposed cleavage from top to bottom). Not that I'm complaining, Pyra's design is fine enough as is.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It does beg the question of what in a design makes them go "too hot for the West", exactly. Not that I'm complaining, Pyra's design is fine enough as is.
I think it might’ve been because of the length of her skirt, the cleavage window probably didn’t help either.

Last edited:

Prodis

Smash Rookie
I
[

shantae
Risky
I'm probably looking to deep into this but shantae having a remix of the main theme seems pretty significant, since they could have easily used a theme from a game with a tropit setting like Donkey Kong or Tortimer island

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I

I'm probably looking to deep into this but shantae having a remix of the main theme seems pretty significant, since they could have easily used a theme from a game with a tropit setting like Donkey Kong or Tortimer island
A fair point. Maybe WF pulled a Ubi Soft by making their own Shantae theme remix specifically for Ultimate as a "wink wink, nudge nudge" gesture?

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
It does beg the question of what in a design makes them go "too hot for the West", exactly (besides completely exposed cleavage from top to bottom). Not that I'm complaining, Pyra's design is fine enough as is.
Some weird things get censored in games brought from Japan. On the one hand, you have Bayonetta with her cleavage and ZS Samus running around in a sports bra and short shorts, but lord forbid that Corrin show her inner thighs...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Some weird things get censored in games brought from Japan. On the one hand, you have Bayonetta with her cleavage and ZS Samus running around in a sports bra and short shorts, but lord forbid that Corrin show her inner thighs...
At least Isabelle pre-emptively covers up her skirt during falls, conveniently skirting around the type of issue Peach had to deal with.

I figure they mostly leave Bayo alone apart some of the stripping so that Kamiya doesn't yell at them.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Okay, this is pretty cool.

Well, I knew it was gonna happen eventually. :p

That's great! Though, for some odd reason, I don't feel like it works as well, as Shantae/Zero Suit Samus did...

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Okay, this is pretty cool.

Best princess in a great pirate outfit? yes please

EDIT Not double posting since Dylie would call me out. So, when Shantae comes out, we can see some great photos of her like the first and last one here

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I mean... jesus those abs Samus has...

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Wait... I won't be able to play as K. Rool in World of Light for over a third of the adventure? Freaking [DATA EXPUNGED]

Top Bottom