• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Wait... I won't be able to play as K. Rool in World of Light for over a third of the adventure? Freaking [DATA EXPUNGED]
Just be glad you didn't want Palutena. Litterally she and Bayonetta are the last characters you can unlock for story.

Luckily I had Jigglypuff and wii fit trainer at the start, the ZSS till I got Daisy. I may do new game plus to play the whole story as anyone, if thats what the new game plus does

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Best princess in a great pirate outfit? yes please

EDIT Not double posting since Dylie would call me out. So, when Shantae comes out, we can see some great photos of her like the first and last one here

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I mean... jesus those abs Samus has...
To quote DragonballZ abridged Frieza "oh wow you can grind meat on those..."

D

Deleted member

get ready everyone

It Looks like rotty might be coming as a spirit in a upcoming ultimate patch update

Last edited by a moderator:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Best princess in a great pirate outfit? yes please

EDIT Not double posting since Dylie would call me out. So, when Shantae comes out, we can see some great photos of her like the first and last one here

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I mean... jesus those abs Samus has...
Wow, I'd love to swap places with Diddy ther-

Uhh, sorry, I meant to say, ew, that's really lewd!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You have any proof of this conner? Or just saying random things again? :p

Diddy is going to town on her
Well judging by the code in the datamine it might happen:p

I don’t think she was cut at all

Last edited by a moderator:

zferolie

Smash Hero
She is summon.
Ah you need to sacrifice others for her... i haven't been doing that too much because I don't want to lose characters and wait for RNG to give the replacment back

EDIT: Again not double posting but here.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Ah you need to sacrifice others for her... i haven't been doing that too much because I don't want to lose characters and wait for RNG to give the replacment back

EDIT: Again not double posting but here.

Man the Japanese players must love their Diddy lol.

D

Deleted member

Sorry that this post is off topic but.....

What the actual **** sega?!

Icydk this is the first teaser poster for the (god awful) sonic movie

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
EE35B995-D709-4969-8829-E50BC5BA98C6.jpeg

That is all.

259EDD08-DBA5-4C46-9D72-14C4626A2E7B.jpeg

Oh this does not bode well

Ok, I’m willing to give Detective Pikachu a chance, so I probably won’t say too much more until I see it in action, though I will say I’m not too hopeful considering how much we know about it so far.

Kinda wish I used this while I still had Pidge as my avatar

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Off-topic, but apparently DRACULA'S CASTLE IS A PLATFORMER STAGE IN WOL. This is gonna be great!

Just be glad you didn't want Palutena. Litterally she and Bayonetta are the last characters you can unlock for story.

Luckily I had Jigglypuff and wii fit trainer at the start, the ZSS till I got Daisy. I may do new game plus to play the whole story as anyone, if thats what the new game plus does
Ouch man, Sakurai wasn't kidding about those two not being appropriate to learn how to play with for beginners.

What did I miss?
Lewd time, and apparently word on the street says Rottytops will be in the game as a spirit.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Off-topic, but apparently DRACULA'S CASTLE IS A PLATFORMER STAGE IN WOL. This is gonna be great!

Ouch man, Sakurai wasn't kidding about those two not being appropriate to learn how to play with for beginners.

Lewd time, and apparently word on the street says Rottytops will be in the game as a spirit.
So what are they just going add a batch of new sprits?

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration

I wanted to have faith in this movie, I truly did, but just looking at him...there's something fundamentally wrong there. His proportions are WAY off. Unlike Detective Pikachu which looks like a freaking Pikachu, this barely resembles Sonic. It's like they wanted to give him human like proportions, but forgot that Sonic's big hands and feet balance out his big ol' head. I'll wait until I see it in motion to judge, but right now, I'm far from impressed.

D

Deleted member

I wanted to have faith in this movie, I truly did, but just looking at him...there's something fundamentally wrong there. His proportions are WAY off. Unlike Detective Pikachu which looks like a freaking Pikachu, this barely resembles Sonic. It's like they wanted to give him human like proportions, but forgot that Sonic's big hands and feet balance out his big ol' head. I'll wait until I see it in motion to judge, but right now, I'm far from impressed.
And look at the shoes

Those look like what you get at a shoe store

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Has the ever been a good video game movie adaptation?
Doom is really good. It follows the events fairly well to a degree. Other than the overdropping of the F Bomb, there's nothing wrong with it.

The Sonic OVA is another great one, based upon Sonic CD but adding its own characters to change it up a bit. Seems influenced by Sonic SATAM, as Eggman has a robotic form, and a Metal Robotnik form.

Street Fighter II has its own anime movie. That was another good one.

Another is the Fatal Fury movies. Those all did a great job.

The Darkstalker OVA is a really good adaption. Though it had an issue with a poor handling of a ton of characters as is. It might've done better if it was longer or had less to work with. It's odd to say, but the Darlkstalkers cartoon actually did a better job at making each character feel relevant and not just a cameo/afterthought. A terrible(but fun) cartoon, though.

The Tomb Raider movies are really good for what they do. Maybe not the most perfect, but they capture the feel of the series well.

It should be noted most take some liberties to change it a bit. Also, the Pokemon movies are mostly good on their own merits(though not adaptions, but just saying). I mean the Anime ones as I haven't seen the live action one. Only thing I'll mention about the first Mortal Kombat movie is that it did get the feeling of the series down overall while doing a pretty reasonable job of being accurate. Not perfect. Only the second movie was trash(fun trash, but trash), and that was a similar issue to the Darkstalkers OVA. Too many characters and couldn't do anything with them.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mean even though I hate Illumination with a passion, at least the Mario movie will be animated this time. I’m still unsure how I feel about this one

Has the ever been a good video game movie adaptation?
I think I heard the first couple Mortal Kombat movie were good, outside of Armageddon

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I mean even though I hate Illumination with a passion, at least the Mario movie will be animated this time. I’m still unsure how I feel about this one

I think I heard the first couple Mortal Kombat movie were good, outside of Armageddon
There were only two MK movies and the second one was godawful. The only really good video game adaptation, IMO, was the most recent Tomb Raider movie.

Top Bottom