• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So I've been looking at impressions of the game's online. Day 1 mind you.

Honestly all those knee-jerk reactions are hilarious to me, and kind of makes me glad I'm not playing right away. Not because I agree with them saying it's horrible, though. Because thanks to them tripping over themselves in their haste and getting a sub-par experience because of it, and of course solely blaming the devs for it, I know better how to take things in the future to make my online experience smoother. Not to say I didn't hear some legitimate gripes, like an arena host quitting breaking up the whole room, but no online game can be judged fairly right out of the gate.

The main takeaways I learned are these: don't use or expect Quickplay to set up a specific mode, because that's what making your own arenas are for, rather embrace the chaos of not knowing what kind of game you'll play, at least initially. And until we get a settled meta, making arenas really is your best option for tweaking matches the way you want them to be. It's what people wanted since 4, but of course they weren't prepared for the human element of not everyone wanting to play like they do.

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
Finally was able to play the game for a few hours tonight, with a few friends/family. Chose Link as my first character to try out, it's on the FFVII stage and right off the bat I jump off the stage. Still won the game though, funny enough. Gonna take it slow with unlocks for fun, hopefully can get others over again soon. Already a bit salty and I love it.

D

Deleted member

Anyone know how to rematch challengers you lost to?

I got owned by 3

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Anyone know how to rematch challengers you lost to?

I got owned by 3
They'll pop up again in Games & More. Just keep playing VS matches or Classic and continually check back until one shows up. I think it's based on time spent in matches though, so you'll need to play a few before you go and look.

I unlocked everyone yesterday morning in just a few hours using the Home Menu restart method if anyone wants to try and speed up the process that way but it's a little tedious.

Play VS for 10 mins. A character unlock battle will start right after. Beat them, and hit the home button once you get the "X joins the battle!" screen. Close Smash, open it again, play a one stock match, SD. Next unlock should start. Beat them. Home Menu. Close and restart. Another 1 stock match. Rinse and repeat.

Also return of crashboards. Like every other page. Hope it doesn't last too long.

Last edited:

LinkaFlame

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5325-3982-2605
I found a neat trick to rematch the new fighters without having to wait for Challenger’s Approach to show up: if you die, go to home menu right before the screen changes and close the software. The game will then think that the battle never happened, allowing you to simply reboot the game and fight that same character after a Vs. match and maybe even have a different character best suited for defeating them that time. I wish I had figured it out sooner since I had to go through Challenger’s Approach anyways to get whatever I missed.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Pretty much me when I failed to beat and catch a spirit (Ace or Legendary) or getting a new fighter with going back to Challenger's Approach.

Capture+_2018-10-30-23-03-35.png

zferolie

Smash Hero
FFFFFFFFFFFFFF I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THE LIMITED RUN SHANTAE GAME AND ITS ALREADY SOLD OUT!!!! GOD DAMN IT

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
so do you get that pin the collecter editions of pirate's curse? Cause I managed to order the CE and I dont really have much excess money right now...

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
so do you get that pin the collecter editions of pirate's curse? Cause I managed to order the CE and I dont really have much excess money right now...
Yup. managed to do it between cues at work.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The game's fun :)
Havent played WoL yet tho, so havent seen spirits, but i enjoyed unlocking more characters while playing and testing them out. (except when I was really looking for some and just kept getting ones I wont use :p)

Anyone had fun with shantae yet? ;)

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
So does it come as part of the CE or not I have two back to back posts saying the exact opposite of each other.
The pin is not in the Limited Run CE. The pin is being sold on it's own by Udon iirc.

The CE does come with a two-sided poster, soundtrack and a replica GB cartridge.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m enjoying ultimate
I’ve unlocked lots of fighters
And I’m on my way to get the shantae spirit

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
If you want to get the Shantae Spirit...
She's in the bottom right corner of the World of Light map. You'll need a Lapras spirit to get there (and maybe some others along the way, I don't remember everything). The Lapras spirit is pretty close to the water, it's off to the right in front of a shop.

Last edited:

Prodis

Smash Rookie
If you want to get the Shantae Spirit...
She's in the bottom right corner of the World of Light map. You'll need a Lapras spirit to get there (and maybe some others along the way, I don't remember everything). The Lapras spirit is pretty close to the water, it's off to the right in front of a shop.
Is that near the Kalos Tower town? That's where I'm at right now. I would be a lot further if the stupid bokoblin sprirt battle wasn't currently kicking my buttocks

D

Deleted member

Still havent found shantae on the wol map, but did get her in bounty. Almost got her at max. Though she cant evolve, wonder if that good news or not.
Well they didn’t chose pc shantae the most popular shantae game so....I don’t see this being a bad thing

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So with Joker being confirmed as one of the 5 DLC characters, how much do you guys think that increases or decreases our girl's chances?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So with Joker being confirmed as one of the 5 DLC characters, how much do you guys think that increases or decreases our girl's chances?
No change other than there being one less slot in this wave. All Reggie made was a non-statement that could mean anything. There never has been a real pattern for DLC to begin with.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
No change other than there being one less slot in this wave. All Reggie made was a non-statement that could mean anything. There never has been a real pattern for DLC to begin with.
We know 1 thing, that the dlc will be all new series with no playable reps, if we take what reggie said

Top Bottom