• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member

Sooooo......

Dose anybody know why Nintendo picked joker?

He Didn’t have a new game or port coming out

So the question is.....

why?

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Sooooo......

So the question is.....

why?
Because he would be a cool addition with an interesting play style.

Also Persona 5 was heralded as one of the best games of last year...nah...one of the best JPGs of all time.

Not to mention Persona as a whole is insanely popular with tons of fans...myself included!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Sooooo......

So the question is.....

why?
Well, for one, a lot of Smash Ultimate's UI was inspired by the game, so Sakuria obviously loves it to death. PQ2 is also coming to the 3DS as well and the Persona Dancing games are on Switch. But yeah, let's hope that P5 is also coming to the Switch. Sega would be dumb to note take that opportunity.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just glad that the dlc won’t all be shill picks thanks to joker

And that completely rules out a Pokémon and fe rep

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I just glad that the dlc won’t all be shill picks thanks to joker

And that completely rules out a Pokémon and fe rep
“glares at you with contempt”

62E55D27-A1CA-4CAB-88B3-DE9251579FD1.jpeg

Well, for one, a lot of Smash Ultimate's UI was inspired by the game, so Sakuria obviously loves it to death. PQ2 is also coming to the 3DS as well and the Persona Dancing games are on Switch. But yeah, let's hope that P5 is also coming to the Switch. Sega would be dumb to note take that opportunity.
Okay I didn’t know the Dancing games were coming to the Switch as well.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Sooooo......

So the question is.....

why?
P5 has a sequel/spin off/crossover with Persona 4 coming out on 3DS and if previous trends hold true with this game it's very likely that P5 will get a Switch port in the future.

Last edited:

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922
P5 has a sequel/spin off/crossover with Persona 4 coming out on 3DS and if previous trends hold true with this game it's very likely that P5 will get a Switch port in the future.
That would also involve porting the Persona Engine to the ARM architecture.

Then again, PS3 uses PowerPC while PS4 uses x86-64, so what do I know.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey, what do you think Shantae's opinion of Joker would be? Maybe she might have a request for him to change someones heart?

D

Deleted member

I ranked who is best girl in smash
966433B4-7B96-4695-B28F-6066C161E106.jpeg

If only shantae was here

Last edited by a moderator:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Hey, what do you think Shantae's opinion of Joker would be? Maybe she might have a request for him to change someones heart?
Who knows, but Shantae has some experience of her own in doing so. Remember Rotty's human soul? With that in mind Joker might actually ask her to consider joining the Phantom Thieves.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Who knows, but Shantae has some experience of her own in doing so. Remember Rotty's human soul? With that in mind Joker might actually ask her to consider joining the Phantom Thieves.
That would actually be perfect! All of the Phantom Thieves Persona's are all based on tricksters, and Genie's certainly fall into that category. What sort of Genie inspired Persona would she have, I wonder...

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I added the Pirate's Curse collector's edition to my cart as soon as the countdown ended. Waited a minute or two due to high traffic, entered my credit card information, hit confirm...and was told it was sold out. Are you for real?

D

Deleted member

I added the Pirate's Curse collector's edition to my cart as soon as the countdown ended. Waited a minute or two due to high traffic, entered my credit card information, hit confirm...and was told it was sold out. Are you for real?
Too slow!

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I was able to secure a copy of the collector's edition and once I was done checking out it said they were sold out. That was ridiculously quick.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
I guess it just shows how popular collectors editions can be especially when it's a limited time offer.

Also HE DID IT HE SAID THE THING REJOICE

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That would actually be perfect! All of the Phantom Thieves Persona's are all based on tricksters, and Genie's certainly fall into that category. What sort of Genie inspired Persona would she have, I wonder...
Maybe it would actually be her literal genie half, who never speaks up normally unless induced into a state of rebellion by corruption. It would be interesting to see what it's like when not influenced by dark magic.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Maybe it would actually be her literal genie half, who never speaks up normally unless induced into a state of rebellion by corruption. It would be interesting to see what it's like when not influenced by dark magic.
The trend for Persona 5 when it comes to Persona's is that the first Persona of a character is based off of a fictional character who is known for trickery or crime, often from literature, with the ultimate Persona for each character being based off a mythological trickster.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I was able to secure a copy of the collector's edition and once I was done checking out it said they were sold out. That was ridiculously quick.
I got mine confirmed at 6:02 when did you check out?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The trend for Persona 5 when it comes to Persona's is that the first Persona of a character is based off of a fictional character who is known for trickery or crime, often from literature, with the ultimate Persona for each character being based off a mythological trickster.
Hmm... well a quick search tells me you could either look at Nanabozho of Ojibwa mythology, or just dig in the Arabian Nights for any genie not bound.

D

Deleted member

251CCE51-CAD1-41C8-B895-6F519D836E62.jpeg

WHY?

Can’t beleve they were added last:facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually kind of curious as to why Shovel Knight got more spirit content than Shantae.

Also adding Rayman to that for the matter.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm actually kind of curious as to why Shovel Knight got more spirit content than Shantae.

Also adding Rayman to that for the matter.
Well, I think they just wanted to include Shovel Knight, Shield Knight due to her importance, and the other playable characters.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, I think they just wante dto include Shovel Knight, Shield Knight due to her importance, and the other playable characters.
They probably would have put in Black Knight too, but uh... we kinda already have a different one. Also as an assist no less.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I know I brought this up before but seeing the animation in Joker’s trailer really makes me hope if Shantae gets in, that they commissioned WayForward to create an animated trailer for her as well.

I’m actually wondering if Aladdin would be a good Persona for Shantae

Prodis

Smash Rookie
Maybe Shantae's persona could be Mary Read, a pirate women who fooled her shipmates into thinking she was a man.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So i thibk shantae still has a good chance. Sounds like all third parties we wouldny expect. No one would expect a spirit of an indie becoming playable!

And speaking of shantae, i just got her spirit. She has 3 slots and boosts all magic damage, great on zelda and robin. Also, the music the have for her fight also feels very shantae without being from her game

So much attention to detail in this game its fascinating. This true is a love letter to all games

Last edited:

Prodis

Smash Rookie
So i thibk shantae still has a good chance. Sounds like all third parties we wouldny expect. No one would expect a spirit of an indie becoming playable!

And speaking of shantae, i just got her spirit. She has 3 slots and boosts all magic damage, great on zelda and robin. Also, the music the have for her fight also feels very shantae without being from her game

So much attention to detail in this game its fascinating. This true is a love letter to all games
Do all the spirit fights have their "theme" to go along with the character or are do they all share the same one

zferolie

Smash Hero
Do all the spirit fights have their "theme" to go along with the character or are do they all share the same one
Every spirit fight has music that either ties dorect to that spirit or sounds like it could be tied to the spirit

Prodis

Smash Rookie
Every spirit fight has music that either ties dorect to that spirit or sounds like it could be tied to the spirit
So Shantae got a remix of the main theme? Hm. Time to get the Shantae© brand tinfoil hat on

Top Bottom