• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Send up a few for those who live up north?

I mean it seems like she’s fine with it and makes do with what she has.

Though that does bring up the question as to where she got the bed here:

View attachment 178951
Maybe it's Risky's bed? They did have a sleepover at Risky's.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well, its not exactly an ordinary boat, now is it? Either that or Shantae stole it.
I guess, I mean I’m not a ship designer (nor do I know the technical term for a person who designs ships) but I don’t think a ship smaller than a cruise liner would float if it had either of those things regardless of magic. In regards to the later option, do you think she strapped it to her elephant back or did she just whip it all the way back to her place?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I guess, I mean I’m not a ship designer (nor do I know the technical term for a person who designs ships) but I don’t think a ship smaller than a cruise liner would float if it had either of those things regardless of magic. In regards to the later option, do you think she strapped it to her elephant back or did she just whip it all the way back to her place?
I don't know, I would not exactly expect the Tinker Tub to float with all of its gizmos. As for how she would bring it back, I have one word for you. Canon.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
As for how she would bring it back, I have one word for you. Canon.
...I don’t think I follow.

Sure! *hugs*

Maybe she carried it through the air in her talons, as a harpy. :)
Much appreciated! *hugs back*

Though unless she got big Wrench to help, she’d probably only be able to carry it from one end as the other end drags on the ground making all the noise in the world.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I got a crazy idea for a crossover reveal. It starts with Rayman. No real buildup, just immediately starts with him, perhaps reclaiming his body after being a spirit. He then starts running in a side-scrolling perspective. He's in a jungle-like area first, but quickly transitions to a pier. The opening notes of Neo Burning Town start playing as Rayman dodges cannon fire from Risky's ship to the beat of the music. He continues running through Scuttle Town doing things to the music while pursuing another spirit. Eventually he catches up to it when it discovers another trophy... of Shantae.

This may give an idea of what I'm talking about:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I got a crazy idea for a crossover reveal. It starts with Rayman. No real buildup, just immediately starts with him, perhaps reclaiming his body after being a spirit. He then starts running in a side-scrolling perspective. He's in a jungle-like area first, but quickly transitions to a pier. The opening notes of Neo Burning Town start playing as Rayman dodges cannon fire from Risky's ship to the beat of the music. He continues running through Scuttle Town doing things to the music while pursuing another spirit. Eventually he catches up to it when it discovers another trophy... of Shantae.

This may give an idea of what I'm talking about:

I dunno if I’m fond of the idea of a double reveal for separate third-parties, but the idea sounds cool regardless. But yeah, I think if Shantae gets the chance to be upgraded to a fighter, Rayman deserves to as well.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Tomorrow is Thankgiving and before Black Friday. Hope everyone is going good for the season.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I dunno if I’m fond of the idea of a double reveal for separate third-parties, but the idea sounds cool regardless. But yeah, I think if Shantae gets the chance to be upgraded to a fighter, Rayman deserves to as well.
Well, we just had a cross Street Fighter/Pokemon reveal. What's one more step?

Also, forgot to include the stinger in that reveal: Rottytops passing her head to Rayman, casuing him to freak out like in Origin's opening while Shantae looks on in exasperation.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Gotta say guys Its great to hear that Shantae fans are still rallying for her to get in as dlc. All I can say is I hope she makes it in as the indie representative in the near future given all the push we the fans and wayforward gave for her. I just hope Sans from undertale does not take her spot.

D

Deleted member

Gotta say guys Its great to hear that Shantae fans are still rallying for her to get in as dlc. All I can say is I hope she makes it in as the indie representative in the near future given all the push we the fans and wayforward gave for her. I just hope Sans from undertale does not take her spot.
What are you talking about?

Sans is already in

1BCC975D-1F8D-4B9B-A124-88BD63B9911D.png

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Yeah sorry about that sans thing. Its just some dumb leak done by laxchris that claims sans is getting in as the indie rep and there may be video proof of it tomorrow. Of course I am taking it as a complete joke as it makes no sense for any other indie to get in over the cute half genie girl.
images.jpg

D

Deleted member

Looks like vee is directing an anime
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yeah sorry about that sans thing. Its just some dumb leak done by laxchris that claims sans is getting in as the indie rep and there may be video proof of it tomorrow. Of course I am taking it as a complete joke as it makes no sense for any other indie to get in over the cute half genie girl. View attachment 179024
Remember the Stanley bug man leak everyone?

D

Deleted member

Yeah sorry about that sans thing. Its just some dumb leak done by laxchris that claims sans is getting in as the indie rep and there may be video proof of it tomorrow. Of course I am taking it as a complete joke as it makes no sense for any other indie to get in over the cute half genie girl. View attachment 179024
Don't take anything from LaxChris. His entire channel revolves around those videos. He mostly just goes over dumb 4chan leaks no one will believe neither are any of them true.
What are you talking about?

Sans is already in

View attachment 179020
Stop

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
People have been taking that leak and putting different characters in there. Before the one with Sans, I found a similar one but had Banjo in his place.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I prefer everyone should stay away from laxchris videos he’s no good. Oh and btw here’s a shantae meme for y’all
4EB46EE7-F925-44B7-9421-9416A8EC3839.jpeg

SHANTAE!

SHANTAE MOVE!

SHANTAE THE P.O.O.P T.O.O.T’S COMING!

OMG SHE HAS HEAD PHONES ON! SHE CANT HEAR US!

Last edited by a moderator:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Sans? You

People have been taking that leak and putting different characters in there. Before the one with Sans, I found a similar one but had Banjo in his place.
Are you talking about the spirit screen? They did that with Crono if I'm not mistaken.

One downside to Spirits basically being .png files is that they are also the easiest thing to make a fake leak out of lol.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Again, we already know these stuff:

1. Spirits doesn't mean deconfirmation since fighters do have their own support and trophy spirits.
2. We have 5 chances to see what characters are coming as DLC and must bring in a stage and music tracks with them. Which could take a few months in between for one to appear.
3. Depending on Nintendo's choices for Sakurai to choose from, it could have a good shot for the selected five to happen. Though there is a chance it could be one that will be for advertisment towards an upcoming game.

All we can do now it wait and hope for the best in the near future.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Let's do this guys we are close to Ultimate's release. Man it feels like only yesterday we just saw the first announcement for Ultimate.

Anyway HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Are you talking about the spirit screen? They did that with Crono if I'm not mistaken.

One downside to Spirits basically being .png files is that they are also the easiest thing to make a fake leak out of lol.
I wonder if it'd be possible to create a Rotty one then. Not for the purpose of trying to fake a leak or anything, though...
Let's do this guys we are close to Ultimate's release. Man it feels like only yesterday we just saw the first announcement for Ultimate.

Despite me believing that Thanksgiving, as a holiday, is kind of, for lack of a better word, dumb, I just wanted to say...

...That I am truly thankful for all of the wonderful people which I've had the pleasure of meeting on this thread! :grin:

D

Deleted member

I'm hoping for both Shantae and my Genbro Geno. And Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
WayForward sure knows how to do holiday pictures! Sky sure looks uncomfortable next to Risky though lol

Top Bottom