• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That's been confirmed to have been fake.
It does look like an awfully bland fight for him... couldn't they at least use stage morphs to simulate time travel?

Edit: Jovahexeon Joranvexeon Jovahexeon Joranvexeon Figures.
Too bad. It'd be nice if people would claim these things as photoshop art when they share in the general discussion, if that's what it is.
It was a neat idea tho. Here's hoping there actually are SE chars.

Good thing we know Shantae's at least a spirit for sure ;)

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Too bad. It'd be nice if people would claim these things as photoshop art when they share in the general discussion, if that's what it is.
We are now in an age where we're getting fake Spirit leaks made to psych people out.

All we need to sink this "Spirits = Deconfirmation " theory is spotting if Pirahna Plant spirit within the base game.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
We are now in an age where we're getting fake Spirit leaks made to psych people out.

All we need to sink this "Spirits = Deconfirmation " theory is spotting if Pirahna Plant spirit within the base game.
I think it's silly to believe the theory in the first place. But I wouldn't mind it being shown false too. And yeah the plant is the only one we know is going to be dlc, too bad there isn't another surefire way to do it. oh well.

D

Deleted member

HGH Shantae is deconfirmed

But.........GBC, Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse Shantae are all still on the table

We will survive!
B4F9D3D3-3FD0-4BD0-956F-600B190BCCF5.jpeg

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
HGH Shantae is deconfirmed

But.........GBC, Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse Shantae are all still on the table

We will survive!
View attachment 178799
I dunno, in fact you could argue that the HGH design is more likely since they decided to use it to represent her and more Smash fans will be familiar with that design. Besides they could easily replace the image if necessary.

Also how would you justify that logic to other characters like Bandana Dee or Dixie?

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Well I hope our girl Shantae's spirit has an enhanced form. I wonder what it would look like? Maybe the HGH Ultimate Edition artwork render of her?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Eh, I can do better.

It'll actually be a mix of all 4 designs, minus the jarring vest from Pirate's Curse. A complete new look for her.
How would a balanced mix of all 4 designs even look?

Also about her vest, honestly the only reason I don’t want it on her default look is because I want it to fill out her Pirate costume, otherwise it’s just a bandanna and belt.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I think shantae could be likely with all that’s going for her dlc wise and I really hope she gets chosen to make it into the roster. Given how Nintendo is more friendly with indies lately and Shantaes history, she makes perfect sense as the indie representative. I just wonder if sakurai would say yes to her if nintendo suggested it cause there isn’t any new shantae game on the horizon as of now and sakurai loves promotion characters.
Why would Sakurai, of all people, be the one to turn down characters just for not having upcoming games? It's not like he or the company he runs is the one who'll benefit the most...

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Not as sad as the time Ness was said by Sakurai to be in the series until now. :ness2:

Wouldn't put it past them, but not unless there's a second fighter pass wave.

Also, why are people forgetting about Cecil (FFIV)? His game's everywhere on anything Nintendo!
People forget Cecil cause VI is more loved, perhaps?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Matt Bozon has drawn something to that accord, incorporating stuff like the armbands, and the red shoulder pieces altogether. One even with the bandana.
I mean her attire aside from some accessories and the top of her pants has been more or less consistent, but in terms of proportions, parts of her body, colors, etc. how would it work?

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I mean her attire aside from some accessories and the top of her pants has been more or less consistent, but in terms of proportions, parts of her body, colors, etc. how would it work?
The attire is the main thing to change to differentiate her enough from her current Spirit token.

Dukefire

Smash Master
For Smash Ultimate, those that are entering in Classic Mode for completion and seeing more of the mural, the risk is higher since now you only have One Stock during your challenge unlike the previous iterations and it looks like you can't change the life count.

Of course,

Lose the match and you have two options to select:
Spend coins: continue but it lowers the difficulty and set back the mural a bit

Use a Ticket: continue and still retain the difficulty spot on the mural.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
One thing I noticed during the overview trailer is that at 1:06 Shiek and Ganon are on a stage with burning ruins in the background.
I checked the stage lists and found nothing that matches the stage here (as any other "red" stages feature magma/lava not fire) which raises some questions as to what/where this is.
Some have speculated that there might be a Beast Ganon final boss for classic mode or maybe an omega form of an existing map.

But wait.
Burning ruins
Burning town
We Love Burning Town
SHANTAE CONFRIMED BOIS LETS GOOOOO
*que air horn sound effect*

D

Deleted member

More spirits that can lead up that spirits do not deconfirm our girl
22725831-F88B-4D00-82D4-7C93359B59C5.jpeg

There’s shadow mario there’s pit there’s.......sonic the wherehog? Wut?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
View attachment 178852
Sonic the Werehog? At this rate I expect to see LEGO Sonic as a spirit.

I know the chances of that are non existent, but I need something to wonder other than Shantae’s potential DLC status.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Sonic the Werehog? At this rate I expect to see LEGO Sonic as a spirit.

I know the chances of that are non existent, but I need something to wonder other than Shantae’s potential DLC status.
Also, hey Raiden. Finally decide to join the winning team?

Shadowknight1

Depends who he's referring to, really. Since, there's a character named Raiden in the "Mortal Kombat" franchise, but also, there's (a totally unrelated) character in Metal Gear, who goes by the same name...
There's a Raiden spirit right below the Moon, so I'm sure that he's referring to the Metal Gear Raiden.

...keep Mortal Kombat out of my Smash Bros, that's all I'll say on that subject lol.

Dukefire

Smash Master
As we are getting closer to the release, the tensity is slowing tightening with DLC following after the start of the adventure. Just hope that the little light we hold may still find its way to fighter status. Only time will tell...........

You_Are_Invited_by_Pandapool.jpg

Attachments

D

Deleted member

Before you all get some rest here’s a quick reminder from king dedede himself
A312EDA8-62B6-4A89-94A5-920B92CA105A.jpeg

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Actually, yeah, I am sure. He wasn't playable in ANY of those examples you supplied. (And before you say it, No, in Explorers you didn't PLAY as Cloud your character would "dream" that they were Cloud)

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Cloud did not deserve his spot in Smash Bros. At the time of his inclusion he was a main character in 1 game. A game that had never been on a Nintendo console and a game that symbolized the franchises abandonment of Nintendo.

FF7 will be on Switch "someday" but in my opinion, Cloud wouldn't deserve to be in the "Celebration of all things Nintendo" until AFTER FF7 was available for Nintendo audiences. Clearly, Sakurai feels differently and good for him and all the others that wanted Cloud in the game, but I don't agree and your shoving minor cameo appearances in my face as a "Oh yeah?!" doesn't change that

He didn't pay his Nintendo dues and should have been shelved for the next Playstation All Stars.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I just wonder how likely we are for wave 2 of dlc. Obviously we all want it but considering that ultimate has brought back all the previous fighters, we may just end up getting one wave since they don’t have to bring back old veterans like in smash 4. Anybody think otherwise?

zferolie

Smash Hero
I just wonder how likely we are for wave 2 of dlc. Obviously we all want it but considering that ultimate has brought back all the previous fighters, we may just end up getting one wave since they don’t have to bring back old veterans like in smash 4. Anybody think otherwise?
It would be a very poor business decision to stop at 1 wave. If nintendo has a say in the mater, they will do at least 1 more wave after this one, at most 2. Smash DLC prints money like hotcakes, and I am sure they could grab 10 more characters to make DLC. Even if they charge less and have some of those 10 be echos.

Shadowknight1

Chances are up in the air right now. Sakurai may want to step back and not think about Smash after this. On the other hand, Nintendo's president mentioned an increased interest in supporting big titles with more DLC. I'd put the odds at a second wave at 50/50. And I think a second wave will either be 4 or 6 fighters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 178852
Oof, Barbara got demoted into a spirit.

Two waves is entirely within the realm of reason, if Sakurai's "don't expect too many new characters" statement also extends to DLC.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wouldn't hold my breath. Sakurai has been continuously working on Smash games to some degree since 2012. Granted, DLC is significantly less of a work load but he's probably aching for a couple years off from Smash at this point.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
As we are getting closer to the release, the tensity is slowing tightening with DLC following after the start of the adventure. Just hope that the little light we hold may still find its way to fighter status. Only time will tell...........

View attachment 178864
The age of invitations has passed. Instead we are now fighting to free our wanted characters from the tyranny of Galeem. Tons of supporters are in the spirit and we need to band together to save them, both in and out of the game.
Actually, yeah, I am sure. He wasn't playable in ANY of those examples you supplied. (And before you say it, No, in Explorers you didn't PLAY as Cloud your character would "dream" that they were Cloud)

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Cloud did not deserve his spot in Smash Bros. At the time of his inclusion he was a main character in 1 game. A game that had never been on a Nintendo console and a game that symbolized the franchises abandonment of Nintendo.

FF7 will be on Switch "someday" but in my opinion, Cloud wouldn't deserve to be in the "Celebration of all things Nintendo" until AFTER FF7 was available for Nintendo audiences. Clearly, Sakurai feels differently and good for him and all the others that wanted Cloud in the game, but I don't agree and your shoving minor cameo appearances in my face as a "Oh yeah?!" doesn't change that

He didn't pay his Nintendo dues and should have been shelved for the next Playstation All Stars.
But there may well never be another Playstation All-Stars. The amount of relevant Playstation exclusives is painfully small so they have pretty much little hope of topping it. Not even FFVII will be exclusive soon. Amd with that in mind I'd rather Cloud appear in Smash than nothing at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom