• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Even if they don't have very many options against higher tier characters or in some cases, a terrible recovery?
Sure, there is always a risk/counter for character matchups. If one can overcome it, anything it possible.

Little Mac is one, but that didn't stop other players from continuing.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My mains in Ultimate are definitely going to be: :ultkrool:,:ultbowser:,:ultmewtwo:,:ultridley:,:ultpalutena:,:ultganondorf:, :ultlucina:, :ultbowserjr:, :ultdoc:,:ultduckhunt:,:ultmetaknight:, :ultkirby:, :ultkingdedede:.

Other characters I'll try to play with once in awhile: :ultsimon:, :ultfalcon:,:ultdk:,:ultlink:,:ultness:,:ultrob:,:ultsamus:,:ultdarksamus:,:ultyoshi:,:ultwolf:,:ultyounglink:, :ultzelda:.

I think Ridley is going to be the worst newcomer competitive wise. Who do you think will be the worst one?
I think the newcomer that's going to end up the lowest on the tier list is Dark Samus. The reason I say this, is because of a lot of people saying Samus has gotten really nerfed in Ultimate. So I would expect Dark Samus to not be to far ahead of her or behind her in the tier list if that's true.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And you don't think the super-slow cat with little vertical recovery has a rougher road ahead of him?
Incineroar I think is only slightly better than Ridley. He can actually work in doubles. For example, if Mario and Incineroar were in a team together, and Mario was to use a fireball against him, he could use Revenge and Mario could throw the opponent into Incineroar so he can kill them at 60%.

As for singles, yes it is very easy to run away from him because of his terrible ground speed but I'm pretty sure Incineroar players can work their away around that. If Incineroar was to be knocked off the stage at high percents, he could up-b right away as the cross chop part of it does not last forever, making it easier for him to recover.

From what I've seen, Ridley doesn't have very much vertical recovery either, even with his multiple jumps. His up special doesn't even go that far.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
well Congrats. (600)
another step on the way :)

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oh crud, I didn’t have anything for 600, umm give me a moment...

811FBDC4-9EFC-4BEE-B4FA-2FAB6C6630D6.jpeg

+
811FBDC4-9EFC-4BEE-B4FA-2FAB6C6630D6.jpeg

Done. Perfect. Flawless. Print it.

But in all seriousness, congrats to everyone. I still can’t believe we’ve made it this far.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Incineroar I think is only slightly better than Ridley. He can actually work in doubles. For example, if Mario and Incineroar were in a team together, and Mario was to use a fireball against him, he could use Revenge and Mario could throw the opponent into Incineroar so he can kill them at 60%.

As for singles, yes it is very easy to run away from him because of his terrible ground speed but I'm pretty sure Incineroar players can work their away around that. If Incineroar was to be knocked off the stage at high percents, he could up-b right away as the cross chop part of it does not last forever, making it easier for him to recover.

From what I've seen, Ridley doesn't have very much vertical recovery either, even with his multiple jumps. His up special doesn't even go that far.
Revenge seems dependent on the power of the attack absorbed, and if Smash 4 is an indication you can bet they'll nerf the power received from allied attacks just like they did with absorbing moves in doubles.

Everybody's sleeping on Ridley just because he doesn't much that's very flashy. Know who else doesn't? Marth & Lucina. I see Ridley as being a lot like them, relying mainly on good fundamentals to win. Ridley's tail attacks are like swords, and post-E3 has gotten two interesting properties: one, his tail attacks can block projectiles, and two, his down b ignores shields when sweetspotted, giving it similar utility to Shield Breaker. He's fast, has good frame data where it counts and disjoints. He'll be fine, especially once players get more comfortable with defending themselves with aerials offstage and using the lateral angles of his up b (which has a good amount of drift making his recovery deceptively long, especially horizontally).

D

Deleted member

Revenge seems dependent on the power of the attack absorbed, and if Smash 4 is an indication you can bet they'll nerf the power received from allied attacks just like they did with absorbing moves in doubles.

Everybody's sleeping on Ridley just because he doesn't much that's very flashy. Know who else doesn't? Marth & Lucina. I see Ridley as being a lot like them, relying mainly on good fundamentals to win. Ridley's tail attacks are like swords, and post-E3 has gotten two interesting properties: one, his tail attacks can block projectiles, and two, his down b ignores shields when sweetspotted, giving it similar utility to Shield Breaker. He's fast, has good frame data where it counts and disjoints. He'll be fine, especially once players get more comfortable with defending themselves with aerials offstage and using the lateral angles of his up b (which has a good amount of drift making his recovery deceptively long, especially horizontally).
Marth and Lucina don't look flashy? Don't you mean Chrom?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Marth and Lucina don't look flashy? Don't you mean Chrom?
Name me one thing they do, other than Shield Breaker, that can't be done by any other sword fighter. Not even Marth's tipper is that unique anymore because Ridley has it to a lesser degree on his own tail attacks too.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Name me one thing they do, other than Shield Breaker, that can't be done by any other sword fighter. Not even Marth's tipper is that unique anymore because Ridley has it to a lesser degree on his own tail attacks too.
I dont think it's worth trying to compare marthcina with others too much. They're some of the best characters in the cast right now. Not many can compare to them.
The heavy characters that dont have great recoveries (uh, well most of theme except k.rool.) may have quite hard time with the meta. But if someone can make really good use of them onstage, they'll still be quite a threat.

Anyway. Allow the meta to evolve a bit and we might find out some cool stuff.

D

Deleted member

One thing they do? Everything Roy does except he has the aether recovery Ike has. I said he *does not* look flashy. Never said he was top tier. Chrom is going to die a lot because he has a nonexistent vertical recovery and his recovery is worse than Little Mac's. If your recovery is worse than his, that's saying something.

It's hard to say what he has since they all play so similarly

Edit: I forgot to put this here. Ridley isn't the only one who has a move that ignores shields. As you said, sheild breaker is one, but you can't forget about command grabs. Just putting that out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I dont think it's worth trying to compare marthcina with others too much. They're some of the best characters in the cast right now. Not many can compare to them.
The heavy characters that dont have great recoveries (uh, well most of theme except k.rool.) may have quite hard time with the meta. But if someone can make really good use of them onstage, they'll still be quite a threat.

Anyway. Allow the meta to evolve a bit and we might find out some cool stuff.
What I'm trying to say is that if characters like them can do well with nothing more than good fundamentals with a sword, I don't see why a superheavy with a similar strategy can't be just as good (that said, the changed airdodges may have hurt their recoveries more than we suspect... they're gonna have to be very careful to make it into a position to use Dolphin Slash safely).

I feel the same way comparing Captain Falcon to the recent iterations of Bowser. All the latter lacked in comparison to the former was the ability to reliably start combos from normal attacks due to his slow jumpsquat and landing lag, which is no longer a problem.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What I'm trying to say is that if characters like them can do well with nothing more than good fundamentals with a sword, I don't see why a superheavy with a similar strategy can't be just as good (that said, the changed airdodges may have hurt their recoveries more than we suspect... they're gonna have to be very careful to make it into a position to use Dolphin Slash safely).

I feel the same way comparing Captain Falcon to the recent iterations of Bowser. All the latter lacked in comparison to the former was the ability to reliably start combos from normal attacks due to his slow jumpsquat and landing lag, which is no longer a problem.
They dont just have good fundanmentals, they excel with them way past those other characters. The heavies dont really hold a candle compared to them. What the heavies have is different, and you need to be a really good patient player in order to use them well, at least at top level play.

Ridley does have a few things going, like range and his aerials are pretty decent. Might be an alright character.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Did anyone else just have Youtube go down? I swear, if this is like that incident when they changed there security...

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
600 pages. We really have come along way. I love this community!!!!

#ShantaeForSmashDLC

Mario9919

Smash Apprentice
I know this might generate debate, but I am starting to think that the 1st wave of dlc for smash ultimate won't be spirit promotions due to the fact that Sakurai said that the 5 characters will be developed from scratch entirely. Do you guys think that cuts Shantae from having any sort of chance?
Not really. I doubt he'd rule out characters that are spirits. And that includes Shantae.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
While I dont see 600 pages as monumentous as 500, it's still pretty cool just how far the thread went.
And then there's the dlc phase.

Everyone know which characters they'll play the most?
(beyond those who already posted their roster, i guess)
:ultyounglink::ultkrool::ultdarksamus::ultkirby::ultinkling: Possibility :ultjigglypuff: too since it seems like she finally got some buffs.

Anyway, anything interesting happen recently? Took a bit of a break from Smash speculation to catch up on my backlog. (And I finally got the chance to play Half Genie Hero thanks to Xbox Game Pass. Currently hunting for a Light Shard.)

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Not really. I doubt he'd rule out characters that are spirits. And that includes Shantae.
Agreed, in fact I’d say any fighter adapted from a Spirit would technically be developed from scratch because all that’s in of them is a still image with stat alterations and battle using existing assets from the game, an assist trophy has been modeled and animated for the game so I think they’re out of the running for a DLC character.

Last edited:

Smash_is_great

Smash Rookie
New Update (reallyshouldofdonethisawhileago): Well guys: as you can see, Smash Ultimate has been around for a while ever since its announcement in March, the true reveal in June, and then the most recent Direct that just so happened to be yesterday. We also so happened to find out about Shovel Knight getting into Smash as an Assist Trophy, which I feel is a huge achievement for the indie scene and it also shows how much of an important impact Shovel Knight himself has made on the indie scene. As for where Shantae stands in all this, I feel it shows that indie characters are not something that Sakurai dislikes, but actually appreciates and doesn't mind adding in content for especially with Shovel Knight being someone that plays an active role on the battlefield. Either way, I'll continue to be around going into the rest of Smash Ultimate's cycle before release and if any DLC gets announced, adding anyone else who wishes to be a supporter along the way: I encourage you all to continue supporting Shantae as you have on all social media websites possible (Facebook and Twitter being the easiest way to do so).

And well... that's all for this update, at least for now! :)

-Yellowlord( :ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:)

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town!

Who is she?
Shantae is a half genie who protects Scuttle Town from the evil pirate Risky Boots and other various villains.

Why?
Shantae is from an infamous game on the Gameboy Color and an amazing sequel on the DSiware that was well received. She has a lot of move-set potential that can revolve around her using her transformation powers. Another thing to point out is the fact that she is from a company that his been mostly Nintendo friendly.

Shantae has recently had a new game; Shantae: Half Genie Hero released just a couple months ago and has done very well for the first entry in the series on a console! In addition, Shantae: Pirate's Curse released a couple of years or so before Half-Genie Hero, which has kept Shantae relevant and alive.

Moveset Potential for Shantae:

Moves:

Shantae Moveset

Gameplay Synopsis
Shantae uses her different forms to fulfill certain requirements during the match. Her human form has decent tools to use in all situations, but she can become great at certain tasks by switching to her different forms. For example, her monkey form can be used to approach and start harassing an opponent, her elephant form can be used to punish predictable opponents, her spider form can be used to harass slow characters and heal herself, and her harpy form can be used for edgeguarding. All of her forms are most likely the best in the game at what they do, but they are all severely limited individually and most are scary to be off-stage with. Thankfully, it's easy to transform back into Shantae whenever you are done with whatever you transformed for. Shantae while in her human form has the best all-around abilities by far, but even in this form she is encouraged to transform so that she can still have fun while her Special Moves recover. Custom moves are encouraged for use by players that prefer to be in her animal forms more frequently, as they would not mind that it takes her more powerful Special Moves longer to recover.

Stats

Weight: Medium-Light. A little bit lighter than Marth.
Fall Speed: Medium-Slow. A little faster than Olimar.
Air Speed: Sort of slow. Same as Fox.
Jump Height: Somewhat high. Same as Luigi.
Dash Speed: On the slower side. Same as the Ice Climbers.
Walk Speed: Also slow. Same as Ice Climbers as well.

Special Moves
Neutral Special

Pike Ball: One steel ball flies in a circle around Shantae. The ball will fly around Shantae for 3 seconds and hit opponents for 3% and very light knockback. This move can be toggled off by hitting neutral special again. If toggled off, it will save the amount of time it takes to recover from this move. For example if Shantae toggled Pike Ball off one second before it ended, it would shave two seconds off of the recovery time. Normally it would take 6 seconds before Shantae can use it again.
Custom 1: Super Pike Ball - Shantae summons two Pike Balls instead of one. This version takes 9 seconds until it can be used again.

Custom 2: Mega Pike Ball - Shantae summons three Pike Balls instead of one. This version takes 12 seconds before it can be used again.

Forward Special

Fire Ball: Shantae shoots a fireball that travels full screen. It has a very quick start up and almost no end lag. The projectile does 13% and has about as much knockback as a half-charged Charge Shot from Samus. However she can only use it every 12 seconds.

Custom 1: Spitfire - Shoots a Fireball diagonal up, diagonal down, and forward. Can only be used every 24 seconds.

Custom 2: Flamethrower - A huge and powerful flamethrower; bigger than Bowser's and with less lag. Lasts for a maximum of 3 seconds. It takes 12 seconds before it can be used again. Stopping flamethrower early saves recovery time.

Up Special

Storm Puff: Shantae rides a cloud that floats upward for three seconds and then once its reaches its apex, it shoots lightning downward in three directions for 6 seconds. Each lightning strike does 8%. They can be moved left and right by attacking them. Shantae is free to do whatever she wants while on the cloud and it restores her jumps because it acts as a platform. Her Up Special is so practical because it can be used so infrequently. After a storm puff is activated it takes 18 seconds before another one can be activated.
Custom 1: Super Storm Puff - A cloud appears under Shantae that causes an upwards burst of wind 2 seconds later. The wind lasts 1 second. It can be moved left and right with attacks, even while wind is being pushed out. Shantae can use her Up Aerial to maximize the distance that she gets sent by the wind. It takes 26 seconds before this move can be used again.
Custom 2: Mega Storm Puff - Similar to Super Storm Puff, but instead of wind there is large explosion effect. If Shantae is standing on the cloud while it is exploding, Shantae will be blasted in the direction she is in relation to the cloud, much like Ness' Up Special but goes much farther to make up for its long activation time and extremely infrequent use. Being hit by Shantae after she gets blasted does 20% and high knock-back, but she enters free-fall after use. It takes 35 seconds before this move can be used again.

Down Special

Belly Dance: If Belly Dance is pressed and then a direction is immediately pressed afterward, she will transform after 30 frames of doing the corresponding dance. Each form has an "Attack" move and a "Special" move, with the exception of the Harpy. This move can only be used on the ground. Turning back into Shantae uses the same input and also must be on the ground. The transformation back into Shantae only takes one frame. The different transformations are below.

Monkey

Shantae transforms into a monkey with the Right input. Monkey form makes Shantae as light as Kirby, able to dash as fast as Pikachu, jump as high as Falco, and have the aerial movement speed of Wario. The Monkey can also cling to walls.

Attack move: Monkey Claw. A very simple claw attack that comes out fast and retracts quickly. Can be used in the air and on the ground. Does 6% and only moderate knock-back.

Special move: Pressing anything but Down Special will activate the Monkey Bullet. This move functions exactly like Fox's Side Special, but it goes much farther, has no lag, will cling to walls like Lucario's up b. The downside is that it travels much slower and offers no invincibility. 4%

Elephant

Shantae transforms into an elephant with the Left input. Elephant form makes Shantae as heavy as Bowser, slow as Jigglypuff, and the worst jump height in the game.

Attack Move: Elephant Ram. Shantae rams into the opponent as an elephant and it does a whopping 23%. This is Shantae's strongest move. This move functions like Wolf's forward smash, but it goes farther, travels more slowly, does a lot of shield damage, and has super armor during it. This can be used in the air. Despite having high knockback, at low percents this move can combo into the Elephant's Special Move if Shantae falls off an edge during the attack.

Special Move: Elephant Stomp. If used on the ground, this causes the elephant to jump and crash down automatically. This move does 15% and functions like Donkey Kong's Down Special, but with even more range. If used in the air this move causes the elephant to drop to the ground like the Bowser Bomb, but with full super armor. Hitting someone on the way down will also do 15%.

The reason I made Elephant Form so ridiculous is because she has very poor options in this form if the opponent tries to gimp her because she can't use Up Special. This way if the opponent tries to juggle her off the edge, she can get to the ground easily or push her way back on stage with an aerial "Attack Move".

Spider

Shantae transforms into a spider with the Down input. In Spider Form, Shantae retains all of her regular characteristics such as her weight and fall speed.

Attack Move: Spider Venom. This attack shoots balls of venom at the opponent rapidly. This move is exactly like Megaman's blaster while standing, moving and jumping, but it fires larger shots.

Special Move: Web Shot. This move fires a line of web at the opponent. If it touches them, they are stunned for an equivalent amount of time as they would be if they were buried at the same percent. If Shantae passes through their hurtbox while they are stunned, she will stun them even longer as though she is using Robin's Nosferatu. If the line of web she shoots touches the edge, it will act as a grapple. Kind of like Sheik's Brawl Side Special, but longer.

Harpy

Shantae transforms into a Harpy with the Up Input. In Harpy Form, Shantae becomes as light as Kirby, has the fall speed of Link, and has traction even worse than Luigi's. Her traction is really that bad in the game. However, Shantae has 7 jumps in this form.

Attack Move: Harpy Talon. Shantae use her talons to strike at the opponent. The attack is located toward the bottom of her body, so she must be above the opponent or right next to them for the most part. This move does 6% and doesn't have much knock-back. This move can be used in the air or on the ground.

The Harpy has no Special Move. I tried to make the Harpy primarily useful for being offstage and getting gimps.

Custom 1: Aggression Point - All of Shantae's forms do 1.3x as much damage at the expense of being 0.5x as light.
Custom 2: Healing Dance - For every 5% damage that Shantae's opponents have, Shantae can recover 1% by dancing. The move no longer heals her for the % of her opponents that she already used. For example, if Shantae's opponent is at 50% and Shantae uses this move, she will heal 10%. If her opponent gets to 60% and Shantae uses this move again, it will heal her for 2% as opposed to 12%. If multiple opponents are on the screen, it will divide the result by the number of opponents.

Jab/Dash Attack
Jab: Whips rapidly with ponytail. Attacks at the same rate as Villager's repeated jabs with the same amount of damage and cooldown, but with more range. 3%

Dash Attack: Does the "Tiara" ability from Shantae. The animation is similar to Megaman's dash attack, but Shantae floats upwards when she does it and it goes farther, which could be both a good and a bad thing. 6%
Tilts
Forward Tilt: Shantae leaps a bit forward and does a sideways kick with her foot. The same as in the Pirate's Curse trailer. 7%

Up Tilt: Shantae holds up a magic lamp that attacks people on the way up and as a secondary effect, it pulls in items from a distance. Also the same as in the Pirate's Curse trailer. 6%.
Down Tilt: Does exactly the same thing as her jab, but from a crouching position. 3%

Smashes
Forward Smash: The "Cuff" ability from Shantae. This ability's quirk is that it has no charging animation, so opponents can't tell what you're doing. When released, Shantae charges forward with an elbow dash that goes considerably farther forward than Wolf's, but at a slower speed. 12%-17%

Up Smash: The "Boot" ability from Shantae. Shantae does a backflip while doing two kicks directly upward. This move puts her into the air at about half her full hop height, where she can do aerial attacks. Kind of like Metaknight's Up Smash in Brawl Minus if you've ever played it. 9%-14%.

Down Smash: Shantae crouches and spins in a circle, while her hair attacks people. 10%-15%

Aerials
Forward Aerial: Flintlock Pistol. Shantae fires her pistol at the opponent. Works the same as Villager's slingshot, but is slower and does more damage. 9%

Back Aerial: Same as forward aerial, but in the opposite direction. 9%.

Neutral Aerial: Shantae whips her ponytail forward in a similar animation to her jab. 3%

Up Aerial: Shantae holds her Pirate Hat above her head to attack opponents. Does almost no damage, but slows her decent dramatically and stays out for a while. 1%

Down Aerial: Uses the "Sash" ability. this causes Shantae to do a spinning dive kick at the opponent in a completely diagonal angle. 8%

Throws
Initial Grab: Longer than normal throw with slightly more start up.
Bash: Smashes her hips into the opponent while belly dancing. 3% each, about the same pace as Mario's.
Forward Throw: Throws them forward. Pretty straight forward. 7%.
Back Throw: Does a back flip and releases them as she's moving. 8%, better knockback.
Down Throw: Stomps on them while they're on the ground. 6%
Up Throw: Throws them straight upward. 7%

Final Smash
Protectors of Scuttle Town: Sky, Wrench, and Bolo appear on screen and follow around Shantae. Bolo swings his morning star weapon around in circles with massive range on both sides. Sky attacks enemies close to Shantae and knocks them forward, while Wrench flies above all of them to catch opponents that try to jump over Shantae.

Here's a preliminary moveset idea I had:

N-Special: Dance (Shantae begins to dance. Putting in another special input will create a transformation for Shantae to use.)
U-Special: Storm Puff (throws it underneath her as she bounces upward. It can also be used on ground like a shorter and less powerful version of Pikachu's thunder)
S-Special: Fireball (think Din's Fire, but explodes on contact)
D-Special: Pike Ball (Creates a Pike Ball that swirls around her. Hitting an opponent with it will cause it to damage them, and disappear. It has noticable start-up lag, but she can have two at once. They disappear once Shantae uses a transformation.)

Combined with her Dance, these inputs create new transformations. Shantae can actually chain the normal transformations and use two of them in succession, but will always end up in reverting back to normal and going into helpless. Chaining these combos allow for unique attacks and possibilities. However, due to the lag:

N-Special: Using dance twice won't transform her; instead, she'll fire a speedy Flash Bolt. Good for playing mind games.
S-Special: Monkey Bullet (transforms into a monkey and leaps forward in a powerful corkscrew. Can actually wall-cling if directed to a wall. After finishing, she'll transform back and go into helpless.)
U-Special: Harpy (becomes a harpy and bursts upwards. Reverts to normal and becomes helpless.)
D-Special: Elephant Stomp. (transforms into an elephant and does an extremely powerful ground pound. Reverts back to Shantae. Think Bowser Bomb. Unlike other attacks, this one can be acted out of quickly in chains to use one of Shantae's normal specials.)

Shantae's main unique feature is her large amount of possible specials, most of which allow for interesting combos. I might give the rest of the moveset a try eventually. My only problem so far is finding her Final Smash.

Colors:
Red/Default
Blue/Sky
Green/Rottytops
Purple/Risky
Gray/Bolo
Black/Concept Art

Other Content, Ideas, and Misc. from the Shantae Franchise:

Assist Trophy:
Risky Boots appears on the stage and attacks with her sword and she will also summon a group of Tinkerbats to help out.

Stage Ideas:

Hazards: Risky's boat appears in the background every once in a while and shoots cannonballs at the stage. Sometimes the cannonballs will destroy sections of the bridge.

Hazards: N/A

MUSIC:
Dance Through The Danger
Title (Shantae)
Scuttle Town
Adventure
Theme of Risky Boots
Boss Battle
She's Got The Moves
Serious Genie Business
Sand in My Potion
*Insert other music from Half Genie Hero here*
*Insert music from Pirate's Curse here*

Trophies:
Shantae
Final Smash
Mimic
Risky Boots
Rottytops
Sky and Wrench
Bolo
Tinkerbat
Transformations (Monkey, Elephant, Spider, Harpy, and Mermaid)
Abner Cadaver and Poe
Squid Baron
Nega Shantae
Patricia Wagon (Extra WayForward Trophy)

Alternate Costume Ideas:

What she has going for her

- From a company that has mostly released games on Nintendo consoles.

- Her games sell primarily on Nintendo consoles.

- A lot of moveset potential revolving around her ability to shape shift into different things.

- She has other games in the works that will be on Nintendo consoles.

- She would fit in perfectly amongst the cast.

Risky's Revenge trailer
Original game gameplay
An interesting video
Probably very unlikely but i think she deserves some thought and consideration.

Fan Art:

EXTRA LINKS:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shan...sh-4-3DSWii-U-version/769600476420657?fref=nf
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Raheem_The_Dream

Supporter List!
1. 8-peacock-8
2. Aussie the Shinobi
3. conTAgi0n
4. Wario Bros.
5. DiagonalSpy07
6. gb7zone7
7. War Anvil
8. smashkirby
9. KeybladeSmasher
10. Mikegamer0608
11. TheRickyWill
12. Luminario
13. Ghirahilda
14. SegaNintendoUbisoft
15. MegaMarioMan9
16. Final Smash Gamer
17. Guybrush20X6
18. Rider Gwen
19. Russell_SSB
20. Kirbeh
21. DaemonDD
22. The21stSmasher
23. smash puffle
24. MetroLSD
25. P.Kat
26. Jazzy Jinx
27. DoctorSanity
28. Dixie Kong
29. Teeb147
30. SuperNintendoKid
31. Wademan94
32. Jorichi
33. EarlTamm
34. mediyogurt
35. Starbound
36. perfectchaos83
37. Parallel_Falchion
38. ProtoTwi
39. Captain Hazama
40. Jovahexeon Joranvexeon
41. DeltaSceptile
42. Shadow Novus
43. WingedSupernova
44. SneakyLink
45. AreJay25
46. grizby2
47. the_untainted_child
48. TheFVguy
49. WreckitRyan
50. Sari
51. candysell
52. I'm_canon
53. Indie DevoTee
54. Zero Kirby
55. Domino11332
56. shinhed-echi
57. MajestyIndigo
58. Wyvern 0m3g4
59. Nonno Umby
60. THE 6r
61. coolcat12347
62. Some Beedrill
63. WiredRM
64. SpaceCadetKeon
65. scoobymcsnack
66. AngrySun88
67. Zoljinx_
68. Demonfunds
69. zferolie
70. TheRandomCities4
71. lightdasher
72. SONICINSIDEOUT
73. GoodShepperd
74. RiftEdgeYato
75. VizardJeffHog
76. Staarih
77. YourNewOverlord
78. CloudedSun
79. spoilerowl
80. Blackwolf666
81. GoldLiger
82. DOTBHDD
83. Calane
84. A1Again
85. Boo Jr.
86. DeadlyLampshade
87. OptimisticStrifer
88. blazefan519
89. kendikong
90. ToilerMoiler
91. Crap-Zapper
92. Booper Blooper
93. psb123
94. Veodok
95. LunarLiv
96. Kuon
97. ThoughtfulWanderer
98. M00NFIRE94
99. IGuessItsOver
100. ShadwCat
101. Motor Bug2005
102. Michel
103. Jrhall2
104. K.O.Ninja
105. Freelance Spy
106. Swade

107. Dyllybirdy
108. DarkShadowRage
109. RidleyKraid187
110. SoupCanMafia
111. Sudz
112. Geassguy
113. LaBeteNoire
114. Paragon-Yoshi
115. Hollywoodrok12
116. Red Dead Redeemed
117. Connorb0t2
118. PichuMain
119. Jave
120. MagusofIllusions
121. RetrogamerMax
122. Mrs.Milky
123. Inoj
ジョルノ ジョフラミンゴ
125. Meritocracy
126. Mario9919
127. Wwlink55
128. Shadowknight1
129. TheOneTrueWaifu
130. Whit
131. ?!?!?!
132. hassoutobi
133. Mango The Magician

Honorable Member: Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy

Dyllybirdy was a very notable user on here who joined on September 4th of 2018. While he had only been around for close to 2 weeks, he made a notably impact on a lot of people in here during the time he was around, ranging from being the biggest Rottytops fan to being the guy who criticized double posters for fun and in a lighthearted manner. Because of all this, me and many others are thankful for what he did to help keep the thread happy and calm during the Smash Ultimate speculation era. Even during the last few days of his life, he did his best to stay positive, especially thanks to the help of a wonderful user named Teeb147 Teeb147 , with Dylly wanting to say that he loves him forever and ever because of what Teeb did for him.

As always, the image below is meant to represent the original creator of the thread, @8-peacock-8 (the image itself has existed ever since he first started the thread, as a fun fact). He gave me permission way back then to take over ownership for this support thread, and I've held onto it ever since! And because of that, thank you very much!

Ok, so im not saying that shane cant get in, its just that she is already a spirit

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Agreed, in fact I’d say any fighter adapted from a Spirit would technically be developed from scratch because all that’s in of them is a still image with stat alterations and battle using existing assets from the game, an assist trophy has been modeled and animated for the game so I think they’re out of the running for a DLC character.
Yeah, spirits are like trophies in that sense. At least a few of them can be eligible.

And this means that Shovel Knight is still SOL.

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Yeah, spirits are like trophies in that sense. At least a few of them can be eligible.

And this means that Shovel Knight is still SOL.
Its kind of sad that Shovel Knight is unlikely to be a fighter, though. I would have loved to have both Shantae and Shovel Knight!

Mario9919

Smash Apprentice
Its kind of sad that Shovel Knight is unlikely to be a fighter, though. I would have loved to have both Shantae and Shovel Knight!
That's because he can't really do much. All he can do is dig and fish. Not much you can do with that.

Shantae has a ton of moves and transformations that you can make for a Smash moveset. So Sakurai would have an easier time making her from scratch.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
For the record, he also isn't really in Brawlhalla. Instead he and some of his fellow knights are skins for some of the existing fighters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For the record, he also isn't really in Brawlhalla. Instead he and some of his fellow knights are skins for some of the existing fighters.
Makes you wonder why Ubi decided to be a publisher for a half-baked Smash clone. Rayman isn't getting much better in that.

That's kinda lame. But he's still in quite a few other games, so...yay SK?
He can fight in Blade Strangers, that's fairly neat.

In the meantime, there's still some planned game appearances that aren't ready yet (Starr Mazer comes to mind for me), so he'll be in the public eye still.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Makes you wonder why Ubi decided to be a publisher for a half-baked Smash clone. Rayman isn't getting much better in that.
While he may be bound to using the same basic attacks like everyone else, his heavy attacks do him plenty justice. He's got the long-ranged punches you expect with the the glove weapon, and his axe lets him uniquely move around by hovering with the down heavy attack, in fact he's quite mobile with most of his axe moves, captures the feel of his recent platformers well in my opinion.

Calling it half-baked is kind of unfair given that, with the ridiculous standard set by Smash, almost anything inspired by it will feel like that. Very few companies have as much franchises and characters with clout as Nintendo does, and we wouldn't be getting these wonderful third parties in if it were anything less than outstandingly huge. I think Brawlhalla does enough to put it's own twist on the formula with being balanced around items and how to manage them (you could drop your sword to throw that bomb, but if it misses you'll be left at disadvantage against your still armed opponent), and the backstory for the characters is surprisingly deep and consistent within the eras each character comes from.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
That's because he can't really do much. All he can do is dig and fish. Not much you can do with that.

Shantae has a ton of moves and transformations that you can make for a Smash moveset. So Sakurai would have an easier time making her from scratch.
That is a false statement right there. Just play SK/RoA if you want to see what he can do.

Another thing to consider as a general rule; don't count someone out because you think they can't do much. Especially in cases where you might not be as familiar with a character in the first place. I think the Smash community has been proven wrong on this far too often as it is.

Remember these guys? :ultfalcon::ultduckhunt::ultwiifittrainer::ultrob::ultpiranha:

And they're the one's that don't do much. Shovel Knight on the other hand does a lot, so how can one say that he doesn't have much to work with?

It's wrong when people say it about Shantae, and it's still wrong when said of SK or any number of other potential newcomers. And that's not to say that it can't be true in some situations, but cases like those are fewer than you'd think. Afterall, with enough creative liberty even the unlikeliest of characters can work out.

Anyways, didn't mean to go so off topic there. Let's get back to Shantae stuffs.

Last edited:

Mario9919

Smash Apprentice
That is a false statement right there. Just play SK/RoA if you want to see what he can do.

Another thing to consider as a general rule; don't count someone out because you think they can't do much. Especially in cases where you might not be as familiar with a character in the first place. I think the Smash community has been proven wrong on this far too often as it is.

Remember these guys? :ultfalcon::ultduckhunt::ultwiifittrainer::ultrob::ultpiranha:

And they're the one's that don't do much. Shovel Knight on the other hand does a lot, so how can one say that he doesn't have much to work with?

It's wrong when people say it about Shantae, and it's still wrong when said of SK or any number of other potential newcomers. And that's not to say that it can't be true in some situations, but cases like those are fewer than you'd think. Afterall, with enough creative liberty even the unlikeliest of characters can work out.

Anyways, didn't mean to go so off topic there. Let's get back to Shantae stuffs.
I'm sorry but I just don't see it with Shovel Knight. That's all I have to say about that.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

Uhh Wii Fit Trainer does YOGA.....thats more than enough compared to those chumps she's with.

Top Bottom