• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
We're getting pretty close to 600 pages. What a wacky journey this has been and we didn't even have Bolo involved.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So what reveal would you expect Shantae to get, the first reveal as DLC< second, last, fourth, third?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I get the feeling he’s been lurking around here this entire time.

View attachment 178415

What ‘cha doing there boy?
View attachment 178416
Now that's a potential profile pic right there if I've ever seen one.

As for what he's doing, I thought we'd previously established that he lives underwater. He's probably just going home and just happened to bump into Shantae who is wading through water for some reason when she can clearly walk around said body of water instead of getting wet by going through it. So he is now pondering why she is doing that. Or something.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So what reveal would you expect Shantae to get, the first reveal as DLC< second, last, fourth, third?
I’d say she’d likely be the third or fourth reveal.

Now that's a potential profile pic right there if I've ever seen one.

As for what he's doing, I thought we'd previously established that he lives underwater. He's probably just going home and just happened to bump into Shantae who is wading through water for some reason when she can clearly walk around said body of water instead of getting wet by going through it. So he is now pondering why she is doing that. Or something.
That’s why I zoomed in on it. Also, not gonna lie I completely forgot that we discussed that.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
I can't see her being first or last. They'll save those spots for either a big reveal or something that they think is really really unique or worth highlighting.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Hopefully as the first by the time we get another Nindie Direct. Having her announced during that would fit perfectly.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I still feel like an Smash announcement during a Nindie Direct would overshadow everything else in that Direct regardless if it’s an indie being announced.
As a indie character, Shantae would "overshadow" other indies no matter where she's announced though by that logic.

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
As a indie character, Shantae would "overshadow" other indies no matter where she's announced though by that logic.
I don't know the last couple nindies showcase were kinda meh to me.
I think a smash announcement thrown in (or any extra announcement) would spice it up enough to make me pay attention.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I don't know the last couple nindies showcase were kinda meh to me.
I think a smash announcement thrown in (or any extra announcement) would spice it up enough to make me pay attention.
This is what I mean right here. If they gave a Nindie Direct an exclusive Smash announcement, it would bring a lot of people in. It would bring attention to more indie games than just Shantae's and someone might find something they like when before they probably thought indies were boring.

Last edited:

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
This is what I mean right here. If they gave a Nindie Direct an exclusive Smash announcement, it would bring a lot of people in. It would bring attention to more indie games than just Shantae's and someone might find something they like when before they probably thought indies were boring.
How many times have we gone into an indies direct at least expecting one announcement from a bigger indie game like shovel knight, shantae, a hat in time, freedom planet, and undertale etc. only to be let down? The whole nindies setup of having paltry games for the sake of exposure just isn't that great.

A smash announcement would help.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
No no no no no

Let’s all forget the bad stuff standing in her way and move on to the good stuff supporting her in the future I’m sure they would promote her to a fighter.

Sometimes we have stuff standing in her way but our support is what’s keeping us move forward and we must not let the support die by our actions.

She has a good chance let’s just see where it ends up soon.

Let’s all accept the better in the future

In other words....

December 7th in a nutshell

Kirbeh Kirbeh i would put that on there if he gets in some how
Given that, do you think HGH got enough good sales to ensure Wayforward can get to put out games on a more frequent basis again? Though it wouldn't hurt to purchase Mummy Demastered too, just in case.

Well now, that would be an interesting way to add in Phoenix Wright! :p
Who are the Fantastic Four in this analogy? As in, characters that should have been in, yet they aren't and stuff associated with them made it in over them.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Given that, do you think HGH got enough good sales to ensure Wayforward can get to put out games on a more frequent basis again? Though it wouldn't hurt to purchase Mummy Demastered too, just in case.

Who are the Fantastic Four in this analogy? As in, characters that should have been in, yet they aren't and stuff associated with them made it in over them.
I think HGH did pretty well, but we'll find out when WF announces something.

Fantastic Four? I don't know who that is, but they sound like they've had two failed movie franchises, and that's sad. :p

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Fantastic Four? I don't know who that is, but they sound like they've had two failed movie franchises, and that's sad. :p
Yeah, sadly, heh.

Anyway, the point is that their archenemies Dr. Doom and Super Skrull were playable in UMvC3, while the occasional recurrer Galactus was there as the final boss, yet the FF themselves didn't get to show up (probably due to possible licensing issues).

You should definitely try to pick up Mummy Demastered, it's a great Metroidvania. :)
Will do when I get the PSN points, although the forthcoming Battle Princess Madelyn is tempting too, so I'll have to weigh my options when I get there.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
While I dont see 600 pages as monumentous as 500, it's still pretty cool just how far the thread went.
And then there's the dlc phase.

Everyone know which characters they'll play the most?
(beyond those who already posted their roster, i guess)

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
While I dont see 600 pages as monumentous as 500, it's still pretty cool just how far the thread went.

Until I try out the new guys, Lucina's my girl. Then Zelda.

D

Deleted member

Little Mac, Mario, Dr. Mario, Wario. Those are really the only 4 characters that I'll use.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I'll play Inkling, Sonic, WFT, Lucina, Palutena and Bayonetta.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, it's interesting that some people can stick to a few, while others want to go with a lot.

Im gonna end up playing quite a bit of them, but I'd like to focus on a few eventually :)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
How many times have we gone into an indies direct at least expecting one announcement from a bigger indie game like shovel knight, shantae, a hat in time, freedom planet, and undertale etc. only to be let down? The whole nindies setup of having paltry games for the sake of exposure just isn't that great.

A smash announcement would help.
I thought experiencing stuff you wouldn't normally get to or bother to see was kind of the point of indies? I know I might not have gotten into Shantae if the Wii U had more big games...

Last edited:

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman

I love me some lucas and shulk, and ridley seems cool. I also want to get better with little mac;

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I love me some lucas and shulk, and ridley seems cool. I also want to get better with little mac;
I was just looking at Shulk, and he actually seems really good and fun now, he's quick and still has that long range and the movement monados make him fly all over :)
I think movement buffs are fun. Too bad there aint another character who can do that.

Maybe that'd be one thing that could be cool to transform into monkey form with shantae, going around faster. (im just saying that for the thought, i dont want to debate about transformations ;p)

D

Deleted member

I think Ridley is going to be the worst newcomer competitive wise. Who do you think will be the worst one?

Dukefire

Smash Master
I think Ridley is going to be the worst newcomer competitive wise. Who do you think will be the worst one?
My opinion, every character has a shot to being the best all depending on who channels that potential against matchups of other tier characters.

D

Deleted member

My opinion, every character has a shot to being the best all depending on who channels that potential against matchups of other tier characters.
Even if they don't have very many options against higher tier characters or in some cases, a terrible recovery?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I thought experiencing stuff you wouldn't normally get to or bother to see was kind of the point of indies? I know I might not have gotten into Shantae if the Wii U had more big games...
Well, there's a reason why balancing quality and quantity is a thing. For every Shantae and Shovel Knight, you get at least a dozen Mighty Number 9s.

Top Bottom