• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
A good morning to all of you. Also, here is an fan-art

I don't know the original artist, so some help would be great.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I know this might generate debate, but I am starting to think that the 1st wave of dlc for smash ultimate won't be spirit promotions due to the fact that Sakurai said that the 5 characters will be developed from scratch entirely. Do you guys think that cuts Shantae from having any sort of chance?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know this might generate debate, but I am starting to think that the 1st wave of dlc for smash ultimate won't be spirit promotions due to the fact that Sakurai said that the 5 characters will be developed from scratch entirely. Do you guys think that cuts Shantae from having any sort of chance?
That's just a saying to mean they'll have unique movesets. We have no way of knowing which characters will be or not be promoted spirits, especially third parties, so one can only wait and see at this stage.

And by "wait and see", I mean play the danged game once it's out, heh.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
What exactly from a spirit can you take to make a fighter? It's just a picture with stats. Not even a model that could potentially be used, though they don't tend to do that anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There’s no way all of that scilence WF did wasn’t all just for a sticker

Now I don’t want you getting the threads hopes down just try to think about something else ok?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Not meaning to shake the bad side of the tree since this is speculation.

While Shantae's place is holding at Primary Spirit: Level Ace.

We don't know if she will go further to being a fighter or people will be right that she can't be a fighter.

Nintendo has made their choices and is going to start on them as soon Piranha Plant is done.

Her increase of exposure could help, but its a stretch on that depending on what happens backstage. Also, this does put some people thinking the fans are starting to become towards Waluigi annoyance as she continues to progress.

What are your thoughts as of right now with 20 Days left before Smash Ultimate's release?
Capture+_2018-11-17-07-45-21.png

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
My stance remains unchanged; I think she's still got a shot, but I'm not holding my breath.

As for my thoughts in regards to Ultimate being so close now, I just hope I can get the 7th off so I can play it as soon as it drops on the eshop at midnight, but that's probably not going to happen. I'll probably download it and leave it untouched until Christmas day since I won't have much time in December...

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
The surprise is that they're going to pull a Marvel 3 and give us Ultimate Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
feat. Dante from the Devil May Cry series

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No no no no no

Let’s all forget the bad stuff standing in her way and move on to the good stuff supporting her in the future I’m sure they would promote her to a fighter.

Sometimes we have stuff standing in her way but our support is what’s keeping us move forward and we must not let the support die by our actions.

She has a good chance let’s just see where it ends up soon.

Let’s all accept the better in the future

In other words....

December 7th in a nutshell

Kirbeh Kirbeh i would put that on there if he gets in some how

Last edited by a moderator:

Dukefire

Smash Master
No no no no no

Let’s all forget the bad stuff standing in her way and move on to the good stuff supporting her in the future I’m sure they would promote her to a fighter.

Sometimes we have stuff standing in her way but our support is what’s keeping us move forward and we must not let the support die by our actions.

She has a good chance let’s just see where it ends up soon.

Let’s all accept the better in the future

In other words....

December 7th in a nutshell

Kirbeh Kirbeh i would put that on there if he gets in some how
I do understand about it, just make sure to control the flame.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Cristina just posted another cover:

And I’ve noticed that in the descriptions of this and the last video, out of all the more well known characters she voices, she picks out Shantae along with Marinette, of course I’m not gonna go into conspiracy mode but I just find it uplifting that she’s been mentioning Shantae a lot more as well.

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
I remain optimistic that shantae will be playable in the future. And hopefully if there's echo fighters dlc our favorite law breaking space hooligan "hint hint profile pic" will be playable too!

Dukefire

Smash Master
Cristina just posted another cover:

And I’ve noticed that in the descriptions of this and the last video, out of all the more well known characters she voices, she picks out Shantae along with Marinette, of course I’m not gonna go into conspiracy mode but I just find it uplifting that she’s been mentioning Shantae a lot more as well.
Maybe she's just following the trend with Smash Ultimate almost here.

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
Um...

...Right?

Would’ve posted Rotty if Dylly was here...
...no.

Greatest person whoever lived as in there's only one of these. AKA half genie hero for hire (and Best Girl). She was Homecoming Queen, Summa *** Laude, and Miss Tassel Town THREE YEARS running. Ringing any bells yet?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Wishful thinking but the first video she posted with that in the description was before the last Direct so I don’t think that’s the case.
There are always a lot of misdirection when walking on the path of Smash Bros, so we can't tell if one path is safe or a lie.

Though it is strange for Cristina Vee. Then again, it might be the embers of Smash that is misleading us. Who knows.....

Until then, let's enjoy what we are getting in 20 Days.

Enjoy now, look for more later.

Shantae_artwork.png

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...

Am I getting closer?
...no. No. NO! NO WAYY!!!

Thats three times you didn't recognize her! THREE TIMES! THREE STRIKES! In baseball that would already be an out... Speaking of three times didn't i mention she was Miss Tassel Town for THREE YEARS?

Anyway... Mend your ways soon! Because she's a very special girl who deserves everyone's love and attention including yours. Just remember her...

AND ONLY HER!!!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Thats three times you didn't recognize her! THREE TIMES! THREE STRIKES! In baseball that would already be an out... Speaking of three times didn't i mention she was Miss Tassel Town for THREE YEARS?

Anyway... Mend your ways soon! Because she's a very special girl who deserves everyone's love and attention including yours. Just remember her...

AND ONLY HER!!!
Aw, calm down, will ya? You need some healing.

*Holly mask drops to the floor* Can you rest easy with this souvenir now?

Segwaying into my latest thought, Majora's Mask Link is probably the closest thing to being Shantae without being Shantae, with his mask transformations. Young Link has also seen more than his fair share of Gerudos that Shantae would remind him of, has dealt with some pirates of his own and Tassel Town is very similar to Ikana Canyon.

Last edited:

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
I remain optimistic that shantae will be playable in the future. And hopefully if there's echo fighters dlc our favorite law breaking space hooligan "hint hint profile pic" will be playable too!
I have no idea who that is so im gonna have to say no to her being an echo. Besides i think echo fighters would be free dlc, or bunched together for a cheap price.

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
Aw, calm down, will ya? You need some healing.

*Holly mask drops to the floor* Can you rest easy with this souvenir now?

Segwaying into my latest thought, Majora's Mask Link is probably the closest thing to being Shantae without being Shantae, with his mask transformations. Young Link has also seen more than his fair share of Gerudos that Shantae would remind him of, has dealt with some pirates of his own and Tassel Town is very similar to Ikana Canyon.
Cool thanks! We all need healing (especially through song of healing).

All of us just close our eyes, take a deep breath, exhale, and clear your mind of everything except for one thing. Repeat her name over and over again. HOLLY LINGERBEAN. HOLLY LINGERBEAN.

And don't mind the memory loss that's natural and healthy! Just not for you...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I may be less active on the thread, but I'm still cheering on for shantae :)

I'm really curious which characters will make it to dlc, though I'll probably focus more on the game over supporting new character additions. We'll see with time.
We're not far off from release now :)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

AND ONLY HER!!!
Alright, alright. Geez, calm down...why don’t you go take a break or maybe even go off on...

CC869277-C40F-4B44-A23A-DF26F7C7F9A9.png HOLLY-day.

...You despise me don’t you?

EDIT: apparently you :ultgreninja:‘ed me yourself, well looks like you got that over me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom