• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The people who leak must have been spoiled about things so much in their own lives that they don't want to be surprised anymore.

Imagine trying to find out every surprise that's ever been prepared for you in your life, like a birthday party, you wouldn't even derive any joy from it, even if you acted surprised.

There's also the underlying consequence of the advent of the Internet, which came into being while people desperately tried to seek any pieces of info about games for decades, and ever since that modern convenience was brought, it's all the more easier for people to find everything, to the point of doing the morally-dubious act of hacking just to know of any hidden secrets.

Anyway, that got a little too philosophical. I certainly hope that news for a Direct announcement will be coming by the end of the month.

In the meantime, those of you in the UK might get to play at EGX: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...lex_in_the_egx_2018_super_smash_bros_showdown

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
What I want to know is why people who work at Nintendo would be willing to risk their careers and livelihoods by talking to these so-called leakers. Leaking confidential information would surely get them fired. I don't know much about the culture of Japanese businesses, but I'm pretty sure that if you're outed as someone who leaks things, you'll probably never work in your industry again

I'm still calling the Stanley leak fake. I predict that the "leaker" will come up with some BS excuse as to why he can't post his video. He's already had to push up his deadline from yesterday to today. He'll do so again.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
So. There was nothing about Smash in their final Kickstarter post. With less and less time, I'm really hoping Shantae is one of their mast reveals.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Two more hours until that "gameplay leaks" comes out.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
So. There was nothing about Smash in their final Kickstarter post. With less and less time, I'm really hoping Shantae is one of their mast reveals.
Naturally the NDA is still in effect, so only the most oblique of hints can be given.
And the most reasonable reading of the post's end is merely news of a new Shantae game or Kickstarter project.
Personally I'm hoping for Shantae to be one of the next reveals. I'd relax more.

mast reveals.
Moist the main snail!

I just remembered: can I be added to the Supporter list?

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Not just that: When going over the history of their kickstarter, they completely left out their little #shantae4smash campaign. Very interesting...

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Unless it's actual gameplay footage, I'm still going to call fake. A menu is fairly easy to fake.

This is of course assuming that this guy actually follows through on his claim, which I seriously doubt.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Unless it's actual gameplay footage, I'm still going to call fake. A menu is fairly easy to fake.

This is of course assuming that this guy actually follows through on his claim, which I seriously doubt.
Yeah if he backs away today then he will be forever discredited as a "leaker".

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Not just that: When going over the history of their kickstarter, they completely left out their little #shantae4smash campaign. Very interesting...
Actually. I was thinking that.

At this point, Shantae has a lot of history with Smash depsite never being in Smash before. And obviously, the #ShantaeforSmash campaign was a huge part of WayForward's history around the time of the making of Half-Genie Hero.

So to say not a single thing about it or a small like "Thanks for supporting her in Smash" is strange as hell. I mean, they have to be under an NDA if they just won't say anything about it despite how important that campaign was for Shantae. Because a lot of people learned about who she was because of fans spreading the word.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Actually. I was thinking that.

At this point, Shantae has a lot of history with Smash depsite never being in Smash before. And obviously, the #ShantaeforSmash campaign was a huge part of WayForward's history around the time of the making of Half-Genie Hero.

So to say not a single thing about it or a small like "Thanks for supporting her in Smash" is strange as hell. I mean, they have to be under an NDA if they just won't say anything about it despite how important that campaign was for Shantae. Because a lot of people learned about who she was because of fans spreading the word.
Which is why their out of character behavior and silence is so odd.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Y'know what strange. People said Shantae would lose to Shovel Knight before he became an assist trophy. Now people are saying Shantae would lose to Steve. Next it'll be Commander Video and Quote.

I like how Shantae has to defeat the 7 evil indies in order to get into Smash.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Why would Smash be in their post?...

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Why would Smash be in their post?...
Because around the time of the Kickstarter, people really wanted her in Smash so they made a big campaign about it. To not mention it in the timeline of important events during the Kickstarter is strange to me because it was so huge.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure that this guy's a faker and pulled that leak out of his ***. If he had a verifiable video he would have posted it by now. This guy is clearly a troll.

Swade

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure that this guy's a faker and pulled that leak out of his ***. If he had a verifiable video he would have posted it by now. This guy is clearly a troll.
Or better yet if he had a video he could have just posted it the moment he had it than rather make us wait.

Shark X

Smash Lord
How? Did he think that there would be a video?
Something like that. Last time I said it, someone else came in saying this...

"Once again. People always say Verge is supporting this guy's claim that Steve is playable. That is not the case. He simply said he has spoken to them and it is true they share sources. Verge said he has heard a couple of his sources say Steve is playable, but most of them said Minecraft representation would be a stage or an assist trophy. There is no need for alarm, because judging by Senjougahara_Hitagi's personality, he's not the type of leaker that is very careful with his information. It's more likely that he is wrong than Verge."

Just saying they share some of the same sources doesn't look good either.

Top Bottom