• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Fans of characters from new franchise after the direct, seeing 2 characters slots left on the box, and seeing all the games 103 stages

After the magazine scans that reveal the game actually has 108 stages.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_b1ukkta-Y

GameXplain video says that CoroCoro states at leave five more stages,, but I'm pretty sure 108 is the final number.

Scuttle Town does seem like the most likely stage for Shantae, although the Lighthouse or Risky's ship could work instead.
An area that behaves similarly to the first area in the original GBC Shantae would be nice, exploding bridges and cannon balls n whatnot. If they could find a way to have that area blend with Scuttle Town, through stage movement or something, that would be p cool. It would work really well for a single player level too

I like the fun stages when I'm just playing casually

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
For Shantae's stage, I can see a travelling stage similar to 3D Land based off the Burning Town sequence from the first game and Half Genie Hero. Starting out at the Lighthouse you cross the bridge travel through Scuttle Town as Risky’s ship fires upon the stage in the background (some of the stage would collapse when hit by the cannonballs). The stage stops moving at a section with platforms popping in and out of the background, moves through a more on-fire section of Scuttle Town then stops again once you get on Risky's ship as it travels back around to the lighthouse and restart the cycle. Risky will be on the ship to fire cannonballs across the stage, but a barrel of TNT will appear below her and attacking it would send her and any opponents in range flying. The island with the lighthouse would serve both the Battlefield and Omega versions

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
Thoughts on a wolfy transformation? Maybe it'd look better if I didn't put bracelets on it and had only the earring?

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
With all due respect, I had to skip a few pages. Sheesh... the negativity in this thread gets suffocating sometimes.

Glad to see that there will be new stages. Gives us some more breathing room and hopefully people will stop freaking out and thinking we only have one new unique character left.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
With all due respect, I had to skip a few pages. Sheesh... the negativity in this thread gets suffocating sometimes.

Glad to see that there will be new stages. Gives us some more breathing room and hopefully people will stop freaking out and thinking we only have one new unique character left.
CoroCoro saved the day.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So this is good news for new series like Shantae and Golden Sun but also my hopes for Woolly Yoshi as an Echo by bringing said stage back. Good news all around.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
This book means we still have some chances but the fight's going to be tough given the few spots presumably left.
As far as we are to the release and knowing their habbit of revealing new characters every month ( with more people during smash direct ) I woud make sense for us to get a 4 original newcomers.

Last edited:

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
In my eyes, the next Smash Direct will decide Shantae's ultimate fate (pun intended). We just have to hope and pray that she doesn't get shown as an AT; because, if she isn't an AT and it turns out that Vergeben's info is correct and the final base characters are indeed Ken, Incineroar and an unknown SE rep (most probably Geno IMO), at least Shantae would then have a shot at being DLC.

Last edited:

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it might seem a little salty of me, but part of me just hopes Vergeben gets disproven next direct. I'm hoping for some actual surprises and not something that we've already been told. (I repeat this a lot but it's one of my strongest feelings towards Ultimate. Even if Shantae's in or not, having characters spoiled ahead of time is kind of a huge bummer)
I'm guessing that it would depend when the direct is, too, 'cause if there's like 2 or 3 opportunites for her to be announced, I'll save deciding her "fate" for the base game until it's out really. But if she's not added in the base game, I guess we're going into DLC overtime :D

Either that or hopefully WayForward will finally respond if she's not in the base game.

Last edited:

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Remember, if you're trying to work out who'd need a new stage, they'll probably want to make a stage representing gen 7 pokemon if they do put in a pokemon newcomer.

Veggi

Smash Champion
What other characters do people ITT care about getting into the roster, or have you already had any characters get in?

For me it was K Rool, Ridley, and Simon (in that order) so I'm literally just waiting on Shantae and I've got everyone I want :smirk:
I really wanted Isabelle and Inkling and got both of them. I wanted K Rool in the game but knew I wouldn't main him. So I'm pretty much set. I would love to see Spring Man, Dixie, and obviously Shantae though.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Well now that we know of 5 more stages left to be shown we can guess that those are tied with either old stages or new character stages. Can't wait to see the next Smash focused Direct.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Found this on the K. Rool thread:

Came across this villains montage at KYM.

I'm in awe...
Though I find there are some questionable picks for villains here it's still very cool, and nice to see Risky acknowledged considering how Smash-focused this is.

As far as stage speculation, don't forget stages can also be associated with no fighter in particular, like Hanenbow.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Do not start this again... <_<

Why do you guys immediately believe what every random guy on the internet is saying?

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
That is the problem with some people. They believe every joe schmoe on the internet.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
I personally don't believe it; I only brought it to attention because Shantae was mentioned.
Playing devil's advocate I see, I approve.

Anywho, guy isn't a reliable source at all even if his claims are fairly believable.

We've all basically discerned that Shantae is in the game in some capacity. Assist trophy makes about as much sense as playable does at this point. Obviously we all want to have her be playable, but we still don't know anything beyond the fact there are hints.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Some random person on the internet is not a credible source. Don't believe random text leaks for a second since they're the easiest to fake.

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
I’m still not really buying her to be an AT. It would have made sense to reveal her along side shovel k***ht. With her being so much more expressive than him, I just don’t think she will be an AT.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
I'll buy a leak when they come up with something original... Like Wonder Red getting in.

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
I'll buy a leak when they come up with something original... Like Wonder Red getting in.
That's the dream, isn't it ;~;

Once again, prolly not gonna believe this leak unless I see this stuff with my own eyes. It's another of my "I sincerely hope this is disproven" situations. It feels like another "Take these popular picks and roll with 'em" deals again. I'm getting sick of leaks :/

To add, while I wouldn't be surprised if she was an AT, I would be sad, and while I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic about her chances and a leak could very well be true, the abundance of "leaks" has made me pretty tired and dismissive of them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m still not really buying her to be an AT. It would have made sense to reveal her along side shovel k***ht. With her being so much more expressive than him, I just don’t think she will be an AT.
Also her absent in fighting games is the biggest clue even wf scilence.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
The fact that people actually believe in random text leaks from random people online just shows how gullible some in the Smash community are.

These fake text leakers never offer any proof of their claims and they are not to be trusted at all.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Also her absent in fighting games is the biggest clue even wf scilence.
And then Vergeben comes over again just to stroke the kitty cat, in a literal case with Incineroar, as well as Ken, yet he still is referring to a "mysterious" SquareEnix Character. Again, I think that he's not gonna be right, even if he did get quite a bit right because I feel his "right guesses" were cold and ultimately were more luck-based than anything else. He's sort of like Mr. Satan with Dragon Ball Z, come to think about it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How legit is this:

https://smashboards.com/threads/rat...dee-and-magolor.453357/page-306#post-22437483

If this is true, it might be all over for us.
It wouldn't be all over even if true.
We've been saying for ages that we'd be glad to get Shantae in Smash in any way.
And if the Waluigi crew are allowed to hope for Assists to get an upgrade we could too.

All that said, I don't believe this guy (outside of disbelieving the box theory). It seems to be bad form to spread stuff around like this. I've had a a couple of people tell me things myself but I wouldn't go spreading it around, if true I don't want to waste their trust and if false I don't want to be another fake leaker. On Smashboards I'm a rando that likes Gardevoir and has a webcomic, that's what I'm happy to be known as. I'd also like to be know as the guy who totally called Hilda as a Zelda echo but that's another story.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
And then Vergeben comes over again just to stroke the kitty cat, in a literal case with Incineroar, as well as Ken, yet he still is referring to a "mysterious" SquareEnix Character. Again, I think that he's not gonna be right, even if he did get quite a bit right because I feel his "right guesses" were cold and ultimately were more luck-based than anything else. He's sort of like Mr. Satan with Dragon Ball Z, come to think about it.
No, Mr. Satan actually has some real talent even if he overhypes himself and lied about who defeated Cell. :p

I should go post a fake leak somewhere. After all, my uncle works for Nintendo. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Random question: What's your favorite of the side-stories/costume modes in Half-Genie Hero?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
About the smash related news.. Really, looking at how things are going, it's weird to go back and forth and back and forth with these news/claims. Just trust a little and be open.

Teeb how dylly doing is he ok?
And I got some bad news from Dylly. He was able to type better, but he says that they don't know if he can recover, and he's been preparing his funeral in case. He's sorry if he's brought up pain because of this. I'm sorry too.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A fellow autist that might die before 40, a cancer patient that's possibly running out of time before the game launches, an earthquake in Hokkaido. This really is the deadliest Smash speculation. :(

Let's at least hope that some happy things happen by November.

Thoughts on a wolfy transformation? Maybe it'd look better if I didn't put bracelets on it and had only the earring?
I find it fine. Nothing too drastic needed for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom