• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
He says it has to do with an incident to his body, and not done by him (not suicide)

Should I keep sharing this? What do I do? Should I just pm those that want to be kept up?

NukeA6

Smash Master
He says it has to do with an incident to his body, and not done by him (not suicide)

Should I keep sharing this? What do I do? Should I just pm those that want to be kept up?
It's up to you. Got no idea what's going on. All I see are people acting like idiots over a single shot of box art and Dylly blaming himself for something.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's up to you. Got no idea what's going on. All I see are people acting like idiots over a single shot of box art and all Dylly blaming himself for something.
I think that was a product of his anxiety. And he's having a lot of problems with his body, I guess. I'm having trouble getting the situation or what to do. Maybe this is a long-term problem coming to a head.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

The fact that it isn;t suicide is important and cause for everyone to calm down a bit. Not to say there isn;t possible danger, but at least the danger is out of anyone's hands.

Can you get clarification on if they are with someone at the moment? or if they have called a hospital? A lot of this sounds like it could be anxiety, but as i don;t know what this incident was i can;t tell if it;s really a concern or something he is worrying himself about with no actual cause for it

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The fact that it isn;t suicide is important and cause for everyone to calm down a bit. Not to say there isn;t possible danger, but at least the danger is out of anyone's hands.

Can you get clarification on if they are with someone at the moment? or if they have called a hospital? A lot of this sounds like it could be anxiety, but as i don;t know what this incident was i can;t tell if it;s really a concern or something he is worrying himself about with no actual cause for it
He just told me he's with people and there's a doctor. He's laying down. at his house i think.

Last edited:

kevinthedot

Smash Apprentice
I have a dream scenario for how her reveal trailer could go, just to even further enrage people:

BotW Link fighting some villain, maybe Ganondorf, in the Gerudo desert​
Link gets knocked on his ass​
Villain about to go in for the kill​
Lightning suddenly strikes between them saving Link​
Link turns around to see a figure behind him​
Sand and sun obscure it so only a sillhouette can be seen​
It looks Urbosa for a moment​
It's actually Shantae using storm puff​
She leans in and gives Link a hand​
Splash "Shantae is Ret-2-Go!"​
Link smiles and lets her help him up​
the two charge at the villain as it cuts to gameplay​

Post credits Shantae and Link are victorious and hanging out​
camera pulls back to the Gerudo city
Risky Boots climbing over the wall with a sack of loot
Looks over to see Shantae and laughs before heading the other way
Screen fades out
"Shantae 2019: Exclusive to Nintendo Switch"​
It's pure fantasy, but dammit a man can dream.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I think that was a product of his anxiety. And he's having a lot of problems with his body, I guess. I'm having trouble getting the situation or what to do. Maybe this is a long-term problem coming to a head.
Sounds like an anxiety/panic attack. At least from what I'm seeing there.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
He just told me he's with people and there's a doctor. He's laying down. at his house i think.
Ok, that's very good. if you can, tell him to trust the doctor. They are a professional and there are few things they aren't prepared for. Let him know that there is nothing for him to do but try and relax, worry won't help, it will just end up making him miserable. He isn;t alone, he is loved and he is safe.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
For **** sake is this y'alls first time with boxart? For those going nuts one way or the other about it. Boxart for games has in the past changed and been weird and stuff. Stop caring about it and just wait for proper reveals.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Oh geez... it seems like a lot of stuff happened while I was gone today: I hope Dylly will be alright and I mean that. It's especially good there is a doctor present and his family is there to help him recover.

Either way, can I politely ask we stop talking about this box theory at this point and move on to something else please? Seriously: I'm not kidding when I say this.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I just sent a message to Dylly offering support from a fellow Aspie, though I didn’t realize this was a potentially physical problem

Assuming that they're gonna talk about the "spirits" mode in the next Smash direct, do you guys think it's possible that a character would die in the first reveal trailer of the direct (in order to have a nice segue into describing the purpose behind "spirits" mode)?

Of the remaining likely characters, who would have a trailer that would lend itself well to killing off particular characters?

I'm just trying to think about logistics. Of course no one has to be killed in any of these trailers, I'm only humoring the possibility.

I don't think Geno would have a trailer where someone dies (unless somehow any villains from SMRPG were involved). In addition, I believe Geno would make way too much sense to reveal at the end of a direct.

I think we've discussed how Wario dying in a Shantae trailer at the hands of Risky Boots would make a lot of sense (and would be a nice callback to Captain Syrup--it works both ways).

I don't know enough about Isaac to say either way.
I had the idea for Geno’s reveal to have Pac-Man chasing Inky (blue ghost) after getting the others and losing him after following him out of their maze and into a more forest-like maze. Pac-Man catches a glimpse of a blue cloak and decides to pursue it thinking it’s Inky. He chomps the cloak of Geno while he’s offscreen and proceeds to point his star gun at him, and sends him flying with Geno Beam

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I have a dream scenario for how her reveal trailer could go, just to even further enrage people:

Link gets knocked on his ***​

camera pulls back to the Gerudo city​
Risky Boots climbing over the wall with a sack of loot​
Looks over to see Shantae and laughs before heading the other way​
Screen fades out​

That's cold blooded, man! But God damn if that isn't a good reveal scenario!

Wow, I just read the comment below me and I just feel horrible now... I feel like I can't be of any help here anymore, so please excuse me for a little while.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, .. I'm sorry to convey this, I don't know what really to do, but he said this

Dyllybirdy
"
condition bad

death not certain yet
"

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Played through Friends to the End again. I still find the platforming very challenging, but I now find that the trio are well equipped to fight bosses. Rotty's head toss in particular gives a silly amount of invincibility :laugh:. I actually killed Nega-Shantae with it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
He said he's able to type for now. I'm trying to get what I can to understand what's going on.

Really, I'm asking you to tell me if you want me to keep conveying what I get here, or if I should do it by pm to anyone who wants to know.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

Link gets knocked on his ***​

camera pulls back to the Gerudo city​
Risky Boots climbing over the wall with a sack of loot​
Looks over to see Shantae and laughs before heading the other way​
Screen fades out​
It would be Awesome if Nintendo did a Bayo 2 with the Next Shantae game. Imagine all the fun easter eggs Wayforward would include with amiibo functionality if they were making a Nintendo funded game.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
He said he's able to type for now. I'm trying to get what I can to understand what's going on.

Really, I'm asking you to tell me if you want me to keep conveying what I get here, or if I should do it by pm to anyone who wants to know.
Honestly, I feel like you should keep conveying what he's said onto here as you have before: if it ends up getting to the point where he has personal stuff, then private PM.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Assuming that they're gonna talk about the "spirits" mode in the next Smash direct, do you guys think it's possible that a character would die in the first reveal trailer of the direct (in order to have a nice segue into describing the purpose behind "spirits" mode)?

Of the remaining likely characters, who would have a trailer that would lend itself well to killing off particular characters?

I'm just trying to think about logistics. Of course no one has to be killed in any of these trailers, I'm only humoring the possibility.

I don't think Geno would have a trailer where someone dies (unless somehow any villains from SMRPG were involved). In addition, I believe Geno would make way too much sense to revealed at the end of a direct.

I think we've discussed how Wario dying in a Shantae trailer at the hands of Risky Boots would make a lot of sense (and would be a nice callback to Captain Syrup--it works both ways).

I don't know enough about Isaac to say either way.
I could see Lip's being about Bowser cornering Yoshi shortly after causing Rosalina and/or Daisy to bite the big one, until the fairy arrives to help.

Either way, can I politely ask we stop talking about this box theory at this point and move on to something else please? Seriously: I'm not kidding when I say this.
At least there should be some info posted on the site tomorrow. At the moment, possible reveal trailers are being discussed in this thread, so it's something.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

just pm anyone who wans to know, as callous as this comes across...it really has nothing to do with this thread's overall topic and I don't really care too much about some individual personal problems on the internet. I hope he gets help for everything and gets and feels better but I dont need this thread to be discussing the anxiety problems of a user in length.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

I would say unless someone here objects, just to tell us here so you aren't typing the same thing to several people. But if anyone thinks it;s best left off the board i understand. But really i think most of us are concerned so I think we all benefit from being informed.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ok. I'll relay it here but I'll try to make it less all out there, I think I'll put it in spoiler tags.
Thanks.

Dylly says it has to do with his entire body. He says they don't really know the actual cause of his condition, but it's bad and they don't know if he'll make it or not. I don't know the timeframe..

Last edited:

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Dang dude, hope DyllybIrdy is alright. Idk whats going on, but it sounds like an anxiety attack. All love goes to him from the Shantae Thread (Least I think so...)

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Ok. I'll relay it here but I'll try to make it less all out there, I think I'll put it in spoiler tags.
Thanks.

Dylly says it has to do with his entire body. He says they don't really know the actual cause of his condition, but it's bad and they don't know if he'll make it or not. I don't know the timeframe..
Tell him that we hope for the best for him, and that we are rooting for a swift recovery.

kevinthedot

Smash Apprentice
It would be Awesome if Nintendo did a Bayo 2 with the Next Shantae game. Imagine all the fun easter eggs Wayforward would include with amiibo functionality if they were making a Nintendo funded game.
The reason I added that bit is that I've been thinking all the character trailers so far are teasing upcoming Switch games.

The Inkling trailer teased Smash Ultimate.​
Ridley's trailer ended with that cool shot of ZSS flying at Ridley which could be related to Prime 4​
Simon's trailer actually teased Luigi's Mansion 3 before we knew about it, as Luigi used the suction cup from the announcement we got this direct during the Simon reveal.​
K. Rool's trailer didn't tease anything we know about yet, but it was about K. Rool in the DKC setting so it may hint at a new DKC with K. Rool back as the villain that hasn't been announced yet.​
And, obviously, Isabelle's trailer ended with the announcement of Animal Crossing 2019.​
Half Genie Hero just finished it's final update, and they teased about stuff coming in the future in it. If they had a Shantae trailer, it could well tease something about a new Shantae game. It being exclusive to Switch would just be the most fantastic thing.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well. tonight really didn't go like I thought it could.
I'm going to need to get some air and stuff. If you want to talk with dylly you can try to pm, I'm losing my energy to do this and share.

I'll go contemplate what to do, cuz this is beyond me. I hope love wins.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Well. tonight really didn't go like I thought it could.
I'm going to need to get some air and stuff. If you want to talk with dylly you can try to pm, I'm losing my energy to do this and share.

I'll go contemplate what to do, cuz this is beyond me.
You did enough, go take care of yourself. The world will keep turning without you for a little while.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
It's certainly a solid possibility at this point.
The radio silence and refusal to put Shantae in any fighting games, remains a big clue.

That reminds me. Perhaps i should play that phoenix wright game i bought but never played. Ive never played a single game in that seried yet.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
He said he has to go (or be taken?) somewhere, so you might not get replies, I don't know, but you can try if you want to.
I told him to post me when he can again (tomorow or whenever)

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
Not a huge accomplishment--so don't make it a big deal--but I got Shantae going in Unity. I've been planning on doing a fan-game for a while (basing some tips off of this 4chan post), so here's day 1 (or hour 3, really) of dev time:

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Ok guys, here's an update on Dylly in Spoilers:

sorry

they taking me somewhere for now

i will update sometime tomorrow

they say that my condition worsening. chance of death getting higher.

i will give more info tommorow

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

sorry

I hope everything turns out okay.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

sorry

Thank you for the update.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I’m gone for 12 hours and everything goes to shambles?!

Sigh... hope Dylly makes it out alright.

Top Bottom