• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Alright well I'm trying to talk with Dylly, who's just having issues in general and a panic attack, it goes beyond anything happening here on this thread.
It sucks when people have problems, but it happens.

Carry on, we can only do what we can, and keep on our tracks.

I will always say Shantae has a chance until I really see otherwise. No reason to doubt much.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
And guys...yes, if the box theory proves true, it might suck, but 1) it goes against the grain with what Sakurai has been doing for this Smash, and 2) it doesn't cover potential DLC. Which the growing opinion is that if Shantae isn't AT'ed and isn't in the base roster, she's prime DLC material. Our girl is still in this. Hope, friends! HOPE.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Okay, so let's say that we magically know that there's going to be a Smash Direct in October, but that's exactly that. We know for certain the month, but not the time nor the date. What would be your wages on when this Direct's supposed to be on?
I'm gonna personally say that it'll be on October 12th at Noon.
Gonna try to hype up the next direct, even though there's nothing even conceived for it so far :p

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just want to note, if Shantae is indeed interacting with Daisy, those two are gonna have a ton of fanart together. Isabelle and Cloud are exploding in popularity, and they are not even directly interacting with each other, they are just close and have contrast on the big roster poster!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
They say that they're not considering DLC before the game goes gold but we know from last time that they put mechanisms in place to recive DLC so we at least know it'll be at the back of their minds.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
They say that they're not considering DLC before the game goes gold but we know from last time that they put mechanisms in place to recive DLC so we at least know it'll be at the back of their minds.
Didn't they announce Mewtwo as DLC before the Wii U version released?

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
Whatever I'm out of here. Only reason I came back to this stupid website is because I have seen proof that Shantae is in the game and wanted to play along with speculation.

But she is one of the TWO newcomers left so be ready to be salty, ****ty Smash Community.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
I think the first Nindies direct was back in the WiiU days IIRC.
The earliest Indie direct I could find was on February 28, 2017. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they weren't pushing indies before then.

EDIT: I did find an Indie Sizzle reel from 2013(Which BTW had Shantae on it) but that doesn't mean they were pushing indies particularly heavy back then, just that they were willing to Acknowledge them.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Man do people give up hope so easily these days. Guys just calm down. Have faith in Shantae. WayForward's silence all these years have to mean something. They can't just go and not have her in Smash. Man why do I feel like I had a de ja vu? Well based on this vibe Shantae might be part of the DLC for this game for 2019. Makes sense if Nintendo wants fans to keep supporting Smash Bros. Ultimate.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
Whatever I'm out of here. Only reason I came back to this stupid website is because I have seen proof that Shantae is in the game and wanted to play along with speculation.

But she is one of the TWO newcomers left so be ready to be salty, ****ty Smash Community.
Somehow I doubt that.

D

Deleted member

Okay, so let's say that we magically know that there's going to be a Smash Direct in October, but that's exactly that. We know for certain the month, but not the time nor the date. What would be your wages on when this Direct's supposed to be on?
I'm gonna personally say that it'll be on October 12th at Noon.
Gonna try to hype up the next direct, even though there's nothing even conceived for it so far :p
I’m thinking the last direct for the base game will be in November actually. Mainly because I think they’d want to save the last hurrah of hype for the last month before the game comes out. That is just a gut feeling though. It could very well be in October.

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice

I stepped away for a little while. Reeeeally confused where the aggression is coming from. :(

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I am starting to think registering to this site and actively interacting here, was a mistake.

Like seriously, I am getting sick of all the drama... <_<

Shadowknight1

I am starting to think registering to this site and actively interacting here, was a mistake.

Like seriously, I am getting sick of all the drama... <_<
I've been trying to put it behind us...that's why I asked for silly Shantae gifs to be posted to raise the mood back up.

EDIT: Ugh, nvm. Why can I never get images to work? :(

Last edited:

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Inspiring words from Esh and Peykachan to reduce the doubts and pessimism.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
However I do agree that She will be one of two unique newcomers left. Skull Kid OR Karate Joe being the other.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Um. Just focus on what you'd like to and let others talk it out or phase out. Some people run their course, others are in for the long haul.

Let's bring it back as we can. Enjoy the good possibilities and speculating.

shantae_quickie_by_bluebandanajake-d85naa9.gif

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Um. Just focus on what you'd like to and let others talk it out or phase out. Some people run their course, others are in for the long haul.

Let's bring it back as we can. Enjoy the good possibilities and speculating.

View attachment 164519
that's a pretty cute gif.
Though with the latest Direct not necessarily giving us any more speculations, we're stuck in the dark until we see the next direct's new date. And we're dying for new speculations to make into conspiracy theories, which gave birth to that conspiracy that I would rather not talk about because it singlehandedly tore more holes here than the damned furniture ever could have.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Though with the latest Direct not necessarily giving us any more speculations, we're stuck in the dark until we see the next direct's new date. And we're dying for new speculations to make into conspiracy theories, which gave birth to that conspiracy that I would rather not talk about because it singlehandedly tore more holes here than the damned furniture ever could have.
Understandable, but we have to wait for a smash direct anyway, and take it easier and chat or look for stuff without 'needing' it. Also, people need to carry on with their lives outside of this.
It doesn't help much to wrack your head on this stuff. It is what it is, but that doesn't mean there isn't stuff to talk about,it's just we can't force much to happen, we can only let time tell, and in the meantime talk out stuff or do supporty stuff, whatever we can :)

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Why does it have to be like this though?
Why can't we just sit back, relax and wait for new information to arrive?
And why in the world are we losing our minds over things, that aren't even remotely decisive evidence of Shantae being deconfirmed?

Like stop and think logically for a moment at least....
...please...?

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
There's just too much that wouldn't make sense if Shantae isn't involved. I mean, if Wayforward weren't getting news about the Next Smash game, then their Highlighting of "Ultimate" and "Everyone" while talking about a great party was an amazing accidental coincidence. And their refusal to even address questions about Smash like other devs who don't have characters in the game becomes uncharacteristically cold.

Further were she in the game only to the same level as Shovel Knight (aka Assist Trophy or some other minor cameo) Then Why would Watforward deny the money and exposure of having Shantae in a high profile, high quality game like Blade Strangers when they have in the past let far lesser games feature her.

No, I'm convinced, she is almost certainly in this game because it's the simplest explanation for all of this. I still think there are more than two remaining characters just because there are so many that seem likely (Ken, Shadow, Dixie, Geno etc.) but even if there were only two left I think our girls still has a shot at being one of them.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
There's just too much that wouldn't make sense if Shantae isn't involved. I mean, if Wayforward weren't getting news about the Next Smash game, then their Highlighting of "Ultimate" and "Everyone" while talking about a great party was an amazing accidental coincidence. And their refusal to even address questions about Smash like other devs who don't have characters in the game becomes uncharacteristically cold.

Further were she in the game only to the same level as Shovel Knight (aka Assist Trophy or some other minor cameo) Then Why would Watforward deny the money and exposure of having Shantae in a high profile, high quality game like Blade Strangers when they have in the past let far lesser games feature her.

No, I'm convinced, she is almost certainly in this game because it's the simplest explanation for all of this. I still think there are more than two remaining characters just because there are so many that seem likely (Ken, Shadow, Dixie, Geno etc.) but even if there were only two left I think our girls still has a shot at being one of them.
It's certainly a solid possibility at this point.
The radio silence and refusal to put Shantae in any fighting games, remains a big clue.

D

Deleted member

When it comes to Shantae’s Final Smash, I tend to think it will most likely be one called “Friends to the end” where she summons Sky, Bolo, and Rottytops in either a cutscene cinematic attack or a Triforce Slash style move. What about you guys? What do you think?

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
When it comes to Shantae’s Final Smash, I tend to think it will most likely be one called “Friends to the end” where she summons Sky, Bolo, and Rottytops in either a cutscene cinematic attack or a Triforce Slash style move. What about you guys? What do you think?
I kind of think her final Smash would be a call back to the Dancing mini game from the original GBC game. Shantae starts dancing while everyone else get's pelted with gems thrown by the audience.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Man do people give up hope so easily these days. Guys just calm down. Have faith in Shantae. WayForward's silence all these years have to mean something. They can't just go and not have her in Smash. Man why do I feel like I had a de ja vu? Well based on this vibe Shantae might be part of the DLC for this game for 2019. Makes sense if Nintendo wants fans to keep supporting Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Shantae's competition going from Bayonetta to a box. This is hitting a new low. Nonsense like this makes me miss the Pichu 4 last DLC supporter. :glare:

At any rate, I hope the panicking ends up dying down and be unwarranted in the next few weeks. In the meantime this thread should be more like the Isaac one, look how happy and well-adjusted they are!

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
I kind of think her final Smash would be a call back to the Dancing mini game from the original GBC game. Shantae starts dancing while everyone else get's pelted with gems thrown by the audience.
Which, by itself, isn't a bad idea at all, though considering that Donkey Kong ditched his Bongos in favor of just pounding the crap out of what's in front of him, it seems he wants to take out the rhythm FS. Though having a sort of Dog Hunt-esque Final Smash with the Dancing Minigame could work!

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
I wanna take a second to point out Matt Bozon is an awesome guy

MattBozonIsWholesome.png

Link to tweet: https://twitter.com/MrBozon/status/1041107114322669568

Before anyone goes off on a handle: I'm simply showing he's a good guy. He didn't have to answer back, especially to a nobody with no followers like myself. But he did, and he cares about his fans. Plus, he's not an idiot, he knows exactly what I was inferring to ;)

Little things like this just solidifies my belief he wouldn't lead his fans on.

Alright carry on ^_^

Please, I'm a Zelda main, I'm immune.
Man, do I know that feel. *high five*

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Almost anything would be better than the Dance Parlor rhythm game that SSBCrusade has as her Final Smash...
EDIT: SuperNintendoKid SuperNintendoKid That's some top quality fan-art there, nice find/work, depending on if you just found it or if you made it.
Shadow Novus Shadow Novus I know what you mean, he responded to my silly question about Shantae's height! Granted, he replied to it in a silly way, but it made me smile.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Which, by itself, isn't a bad idea at all, though considering that Donkey Kong ditched his Bongos in favor of just pounding the crap out of what's in front of him, it seems he wants to take out the rhythm FS. Though having a sort of Dog Hunt-esque Final Smash with the Dancing Minigame could work!
I didn't mean it would be rhythm based. It would still play out like a cinematic.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Almost anything would be better than the Dance Parlor rhythm game that SSBCrusade has as her Final Smash...
EDIT: SuperNintendoKid SuperNintendoKid That's some top quality fan-art there, nice find/work, depending on if you just found it or if you made it.
Shadow Novus Shadow Novus I know what you mean, he responded to my silly question about Shantae's height! Granted, he replied to it in a silly way, but it made me smile.
Fortunately, Sakurai wants quick and dirty FSes, so suffice it to say that wouldn't be in here.

Great art indeed though. Makes her seem mature.

Tybalt: Herbal One

Smash Cadet
Reading this reminds me of Parappa's ultimate skill thing in playstation all stars. Just Shantae doing her dance, but the audience throwing money is actually the thing causing damage. Not sure about what would be the big finishing hit though. A treasure chest?

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
I can't believe a carboard box is wrecking the hell out of Smashboards, Nintendo should just come out and reveal the rest of the fighters so we can all be happy

Last edited:
Top Bottom