• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So who would win in a fight the Pirate Master or Empress Siren? I think the Pirate Master would kick her majesty's ***.
Depends on how literally you take Risky's statement of how Empress would have been "invincible" with 5 real servings of genie life force.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
It's really difficult to go by just Nico Nico (I'm not as well-versed with Japanese websites as I am with Chinese) but when it comes to ARMS a lot of the focus is on the usual suspects (Helix has a bigger presence in the Japanese fanbase, it seems). There are quite a few speculation vids on Nico Nico, after all.

As for FP2, well, you're in luck. There's this video, which is glorious. And not just because it's 269 minutes (screenshot at 11:12) - but also because it was streamed:

View attachment 274989

I know, this is just one example (and a pretty extreme one just by length alone). It's also not the only video on this topic, as said. But still. 11 / 10 material right off the bat. And before you ask, avatars like the 3D hamburger's pretty common in Japanese streams and videos.

Timestamps if anyone is curious (Google Image Search did fail a couple times, but the character list's 99 % there):

ARMS: 20:35
Smash 4 Mii Costumes (with FP1's Costumes brought up): 52:22
Bandai Namco: 58:09 (Tales Of at 63:45, Digimon at 79:40, Miscellaneous Bamco IP at 95:37.)
Spike Chunsoft: 102:22 (Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer)
Taito: 106:28 (Yes, Space Invaders)
Activision Blizzard: 109:50 (Tracer, Crash, CoD - Spyro's notably absent.)
Koei Tecmo: 120:50 (Hayabusa, Nioh, Dynasty Warriors, Atelier, Samurai Warriors)
From Software: 132:00 (Dark Souls, Sekiro)
Level 5: 138:15 (Layton, Inazuma Eleven, Yo-Kai Watch)
Disney: 143:16 (Sora)
Capcom: 147:38 (154:54 is where he focuses on Capcom) (Dante, Phoenix, Amaterasu, Monster Hunter, RE, he inserts Arthur and Firebrand later on)
SEGA: 167:38 (Kiryu, Arle, Segata Sanshiro, he inserts Sakura Wars - both old-school and PS4.)
Square-Enix: 178:06 (Lara Croft, 2B, Bravely Default, Chrono Trigger, he inserts Geno about a minute or two in)
Nintendo: 183:12 (Rex + Pyra / Mythra, Karate Joe, Paper Mario, Dragalia Lost, BWD, Astral Chain, Porky, the GBA Napoleon game (judging by the Napoleon hanafuda card) )
Pokemon Company: 196:30 (Gen 8 starters, Urshifu, Calyrex, Zarude. No Toxicrity nor Zacian / Zamanzeta)

Characters that he didn't make specific slides for, but are visible / talked about:

Steve
Master Chief
Raiden (Metal Gear)
Doomguy
Bomberman
Reimu
Hollow Knight
Quote (Cave Story)
Cadence (CotND)
Shantae
Riki (Kunio-Kun)
(I believe FallOut? Video's capped at 360P, so it's difficult to tell.)

He comes up with several possible FP2s: 205:00, 212:50, he spends at least 15 minutes debating before going with his final FP2 at the 250 minute mark (No Spoilering because this is dedication). Mii Costume guesses at 252:58.

So yes, this dude went and ran a Smash Speculation Marathon. This was live-streamed for more than 4 hours without pause. Yes, one person - but it's undeniable proof that speculation can reach some strange heights over there too. And it's probably the most comprehensive video.
This post from the General thread might be of interest here.

Dukefire

Smash Master
The death battle is out and... well it was close vote wise at least....
Well, DBX. It was a great fight to see and a bitter pill to swallow. Then again, it is all fiction, so don't let it crawl under your skin.

Dukefire

Smash Master
For those that watch the battle, RoosterTeeth did put up an alternative ending for Shantae's favor

Alternative ending

Also, I'm curious what they will show at New Game+ Expo

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
The death battle is out and... well it was close vote wise at least....
the alternate version has a better ending, like just not even the fact Shantae wins I just like how it was animated.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
For those that watch the battle, RoosterTeeth did put up an alternative ending for Shantae's favor

Alternative ending

IMAGINE if due to the cornovirus, since now third parties could announce their own stuff outside of a Nintendo Direct (I tihnk I remember seeing that.) WF take this event to reveal Shantae in Smash.

Dukefire

Smash Master
IMAGINE if due to the cornovirus, since now third parties could announce their own stuff outside of a Nintendo Direct (I tihnk I remember seeing that.) WF take this event to reveal Shantae in Smash.
That could be a possibility for one to take advantage of, but smash usually is with Sakurai presenting the case or Nintendo presentation. Still, lets see what happening coming soon in a week

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That could be a possibility for one to take advantage of, but smash usually is with Sakurai presenting the case or Nintendo presentation. Still, lets see what happening coming soon in a week
First the Pokémon fans, now this. I know it's a spur of the moment, but not everything is like the Game Awards, you know (and that was a one-time thing :ultjoker:). There's likely a NDA for this sort of thing (especially concerning the unlikely prospect of revealing fighters out of order).

You expect Smash reveals in stuff that directly involves Nintendo, and last I've checked, Nintendo isn't on the New Game+ Expo list.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
First the Pokémon fans, now this. I know it's a spur of the moment, but not everything is like the Game Awards, you know (and that was a one-time thing :ultjoker:). There's likely a NDA for this sort of thing (especially concerning the unlikely prospect of revealing fighters out of order).

You expect Smash reveals in stuff that directly involves Nintendo, and last I've checked, Nintendo isn't on the New Game+ Expo list.
Im joking you damn fool.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Really, we all know that smash announcements stay with Nintendo regarding if they go to events or not with their presentations. Again, all of us are starving for smash news for the ARMS rep and possibly challenger 7 coming in June, so I know we are getting antsy at times when seeing certain stuff.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818

Biometal

Smash Journeyman

Alternative ending

Nah. Apparently her loss will cancel out WF and anymore plans for her forever. WF will miraculously shut down and everyone working there will no longer exist, coz a fanmade video is the real deal.

inb4 obvious sarcasm gets taken seriously.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Remember that Battle Schmoes animation from earlier? There's a GMod version of it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

etnoika

Smash Cadet
Looks like the live-action music video of RichaadEB's remix of Dance through the Danger is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPxnoRvV98U

Bit of a shame that it wasn't being saved for Shantae's Smash reveal like some of us were hoping, but it was unlikely anyway. They've never used a unofficial remix of a song in Smash before, have they?

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Looks like the live-action music video of RichaadEB's remix of Dance through the Danger is out

Bit of a shame that it wasn't being saved for Shantae's Smash reveal like some of us were hoping, but it was unlikely anyway. They've never used a unofficial remix of a song in Smash before, have they?
So what was the reason for its delay? I wonder if they'll detail it.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

No, but there are a number of cases where songs used in a trailer don't actually show up in Smash proper.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Pretty sure that was reaching it to begin with having her video coinciding with a Smash reveal. Still, good video.

Dukefire

Smash Master
So, which ARMS character do you think will appear? Could it be one of the 15 fighters? Biff? A totally new character? Based on the wording of the presentation, it looks like only one will get the invite, no Hero situation.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So, which ARMS character do you think will appear? Could it be one of the 15 fighters? Biff? A totally new character? Based on the wording of the presentation, it looks like only one will get the invite, no Hero situation.
Just one i bet. I want Twintelle the most, but Min Min is more likely and i would enjoy her too. Spring man is the boreing safe pick but still pretty likely

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
The insiders already know who the character is, and to be honest I never found ARMS to be very fun, so this presentation is kind of uninteresting to me. I only hope for 3 things:
-A really cool deluxe mii costume
-Announcement of DLC amiibo
-A cameo from Sakurai's cat

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I can't see it being a completely new character. Corrin got backlash for their game not being released outside of Japan, making it seem like Nintendo was blatantly trying to promote it. Adding a character from a game that hasn't been announced (barring a completely abrupt announcement at some point in the next three days) seems like it would get an even worse response.

I'm not overly familiar with ARMS, but my guess would be Min Min. For whatever reason, I can't really see them promoting assist trophies through DLC.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I can't see it being a completely new character. Corrin got backlash for their game not being released outside of Japan, making it seem like Nintendo was blatantly trying to promote it. Adding a character from a game that hasn't been announced (barring a completely abrupt announcement at some point in the next three days) seems like it would get an even worse response.

I'm not overly familiar with ARMS, but my guess would be Min Min. For whatever reason, I can't really see them promoting assist trophies through DLC.
Yeah, but this is Sakurai we are talking about. It could go either way, just don't try to go all in with the idea(s).

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
My top 3 ARMS
1. Ribbon Girl
2. Min Min
3. Twintelle

^All three of these will break a rule that will help Shantae a WHOLE lol.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
My top 3 ARMS
1. Ribbon Girl
2. Min Min
3. Twintelle

^All three of these will break a rule that will help Shantae a WHOLE lol.
And if it is Ribbon Girl (personally I think it'll be either Springman or Min-Min), watch people start saying that only summoned spirits can be promoted.

Dukefire

Smash Master
If that ammo is no longer effective, they'll just make another to fire. Rinse and Repeat till the end of Smash Ultimate DLC.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Gut feeling that the "arms can exteeeeend" bit is a curveball for Twintelle.

Hoping for Spring Man to watch the deconfirmers get defeated, but mostly would like to see Min Min.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Gut feeling that the "arms can exteeeeend" bit is a curveball for Twintelle.

Hoping for Spring Man to watch the deconfirmers get defeated, but mostly would like to see Min Min.
Min Min and Twintelle also shut down deconfirmers as well, all but AT, and honestly a spirit gets promoted helps us more, as if springman they will say, no spirits only AT.

And yes Springman has a spirit bu all AT have a spirit so they will point to that

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Is it normal for me to think that Monday is potentially so exciting that I don't care about what happens on New Game+ Expo the day after anymore?
Its gonna be Shantae for Smash lol ebery other company there is japanesr EXCEPT for Wayforward

Top Bottom