• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Except that they've collaborated with Inti Creates several times before, so WF being there isn't that strange.

Nintendo isn't on the list of companies attending. Don't set yourself up for disappointment.
I WAS JOKING

damn

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
With that comment about collaborations and business partnerships to make new games, I think I'm way more excited for New Game + Expo than anything they could show in the ARMS video.

Wayforward x SEGA
Wayforward x Spike Chunsoft
Wayforward x Koei Tecmo

All of those are exciting possibilities.

Edit: To avoid the dreaded double post, I'm also going to announce that SourceGaming's latest Smash poll will be revealed at noon EST today. https://youtu.be/7rDxQ9OaHDQ

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Wayforward x Koei Tecmo
Not sure if there are enough characters to really justify it, but... Shantae Warriors! Team ninja loves cute girls and playable bosses. So you Got Shantae and her friends, Risky, The Barons... I dunno, maybe there is some potential there.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not sure if there are enough characters to really justify it, but... Shantae Warriors! Team ninja loves cute girls and playable bosses. So you Got Shantae and her friends, Risky, The Barons... I dunno, maybe there is some potential there.
Don't forget the Pirate Master, Empress Siren, and the Seven Sirens.

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Looks like Shantae fell a bit in the SourceGaming poll to 13th. A lot of other indies on the rise like Reimu and Hollow Knight probably had something to do with it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Looks like Shantae fell a bit in the SourceGaming poll to 13th. A lot of other indies on the rise like Reimu and Hollow Knight probably had something to do with it.
I'm surprised Reimu scored so high. I was disappointed that Krystal wasn't anywhere on the list as well as Shantae going from 5th place last year to 13th place this year.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I'm surprised Reimu scored so high. I was disappointed that Krystal wasn't anywhere on the list as well as Shantae going from 5th place last year to 13th place this year.
Me too. Touhou's got a big cult following so I guess they all spread the word. Crash being number 1 and Doom Slayer beating Sora at number 3 suprised the hell out of me too.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So I basically saw a good chunk of the top 15 has having no REAL chance
getting rid of Doom Guy, Master Chief, Steve, Phoenix Wright, Dante, Waluigi, Bandanna Waddle Dee, its Rayman, Reimu, Crash, Geno, and Shantae to me that are the REAL top 5.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So I basically saw a good chunk of the top 15 has having no REAL chance
getting rid of Doom Guy, Master Chief, Steve, Phoenix Wright, Dante, Waluigi, Bandanna Waddle Dee, its Rayman, Reimu, Crash, Geno, and Shantae to me that are the REAL top 5.
Just because you aren't familiar with the characters in the top fifteen, or you don't think that they have much of a chance, it doesn't mean that characters like Dante, Doomguy, Master Chief, Waluigi, etc. aren't "really" in those spots. Despite supporting them, I thought that Banjo (and Kazooie) and Bayonetta had almost no chance of making it into Smash, and I was completely wrong in that regard.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Sakurai is the Jester in the Smash Court. Just because most say no, Sakurai can work things around if he sees potential and enjoys it.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Just because you aren't familiar with the characters in the top fifteen, or you don't think that they have much of a chance, it doesn't mean that characters like Dante, Doomguy, Master Chief, Waluigi, etc. aren't "really" in those spots. Despite supporting them, I thought that Banjo (and Kazooie) and Bayonetta had almost no chance of making it into Smash, and I was completely wrong in that regard.
Yeah.....and uhh Im right regardless.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Let's not go the route on who deserves those spots. I'm happy the Shantae is even in the top 20. Besides, it not like these polls will ultimately decide on who gets in. That's mainly Sakurai's part.
Yeah, once again I hardly care about these polls. They're only good for raising attention, that's it.

What do we think WayForward could realistically announce at the NG+ Expo?
Probably a licensed game.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
No matter who is popular on polls(at the time), Sakurai and Nintendo always has the last word to change the dice.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
As much as I am disappointed Shantae went from 5th place last year to 13th place this year, I believe this fan poll won't effect her chances of getting in whatsoever. If Sakurai wants Shantae in than he will put her in damnit!

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I'm just hoping Shantae doesn't get a mii costume tomorrow so that she still has a shot of getting in. Can you imagine the combinations people would make if they gave her mii costume a tube top? It would be Sans abominations everywhere.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I'm just hoping Shantae doesn't get a mii costume tomorrow so that she still has a shot of getting in. Can you imagine the combinations people would make if they gave her mii costume a tube top? It would be Sans abominations everywhere.
I still don't think a Mii costume will happen for her. Sans and Cupehead work with those costumes because they had overly large heads, so you can make a mall that completely concerts a Mii head. For Shantae that works really work. Her head would either be way too big or the would just give her a hair piece, which wouldn't be on par with the other indie costumes because you would still have to use the ugly Mii faces.

And the fact that Shantae's fighting style doesn't really for any of the Mii styles helps her out as well. Gunner and Sword Fighter both only represent one move from one game, so it's t as ready to justify. And Brawler doesn't really work easier as she's never been much for punching.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I have noticed that shantae has more use for her legs than arms aside from her hair and magic

Last edited:

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Always prepare for the worst regardless.
Isaac, whom has succumbed to multiple deaths, as well as Zero, has brought me to the daunting realization that any character can suddenly get condemned. It especially happening to Goemon out of nowhere is another reason.

Still hoping that it won't happen. Wouldn't care if it was Bolo or the others.

WreckitRyan

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, prediction discussion I did with AlphaStoutland ahead of tomorrow's announcement if any want to check it out:

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Yeah, I can agree it will be the lesser evil compared to......................the initial response of Byleth's arrival
Screenshot_20200126-114546_YouTube.jpg

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
I think because people know the ARMS rep is coming helps keep some of the more.... angrier smash fans at bay
Yea, and the fact its leading a pass rather then bringing up the end of one that introduced all new series should help. But people will just find something else to get angry about, just gotta hope the good outweighs the bad.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, good luck to the selected ARMS character(s) tomorrow. Here is a artwork for the inevitable chaos on Monday morning.
Artist: theGamerWithin
EbEoQv2X0AYlKOF.jpeg

Top Bottom