• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Guys, today is a very special day. This day, 18 years ago, our favorite Genie was first released to the world! Thats right, to day is Shantae and her series are 18 years old!

I know if we go by when she was first created she is older, but its easier to say today is her birthday!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That's what I was wondering too. Don't forget the Fangamer Shantae plush too! I'm reminded of Banjo & Kazooie getting a big merchandise push a few months before their Smash announcement too, and by some of the same merch companies. Hmm maybe I will pull out the analysis machine for another speculation video. :laugh:
Yeah, all this Shantae merchandise coming out of the blue is strongly reminding me of all the Banjo-Kazooie merchandise coming out of nowhere from last year before their Smash reveal. Hopefully Shantae ends up in Smash just like they did.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I think the lines when going to the Tree town are true with the E10 rating staying.
Chief_Talk.png

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I actually just realized something seriously interesting about the tunes that play during the Intro of Seven Sirens and Half-Genie Hero.

Dance Through the Danger is basically her power ballad. She proclaims to the world if darkness and evil were to pervert the world, she will be there to batter it back and to urge others to help her, so that they all can live in a better world. In the game proper, it's because of that urge that Shantae's saved from becoming Nega Shantae by her friends.
Whereas the Trigger Song is more about Shantae's want to live a normal life, but if trouble arises, she'll make sure that the day is saved and that nothing will stop her. Despite Sky and Mimic wanting her to stay put, Shantae will do anything in her power to make sure that the other Half-Genies are saved, even if it means her vacation time is cut short.

It also sort of reminds me of the tone that the OG Teen Titans Cartoon's theme had, with one song being about superheroes saving the day and the other being about teens relaxing in life.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Oh yeah, I noticed this and forgot to mention it, but it looks to me like Shantae will appear in an episode of of DBX down the line. It's basically a death battle spin-off they do where there's no research or analysis and just the battles. This time it looks like fan votes will be a part as well.

Here's the little announcement at the end of the last death battle episode they did with what appears to be Shantae: https://youtu.be/-Icy1o42Ngc?t=1080

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, I noticed this and forgot to mention it, but it looks to me like Shantae will appear in an episode of of DBX down the line. It's basically a death battle spin-off they do where there's no research or analysis and just the battles. This time it looks like fan votes will be a part as well.

Here's the little announcement at the end of the last death battle episode they did with what appears to be Shantae: https://youtu.be/-Icy1o42Ngc?t=1080
Yeah i commented in that video comments section. I wonder who she could fight

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Yeah i commented in that video comments section. I wonder who she could fight
I was trying to come up with people who normally fight using hair and couldn't think of much, but maybe it's someone who transforms into various animals like Beast Boy?

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Compared to what we see Shantae can do compared to what Bakugou could do, I'd think unless Shantae's magic can overwhelm explosive nitroglycerin sweat, she's gonna become mince meat in a super powerful explosion. It's not impossible, though with her explicit limits to mana, it's possible she'll run out of juice for invincibility if Bakugou goes for a super powerful explosion attack.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Compared to what we see Shantae can do compared to what Bakugou could do, I'd think unless Shantae's magic can overwhelm explosive nitroglycerin sweat, she's gonna become mince meat in a super powerful explosion. It's not impossible, though with her explicit limits to mana, it's possible she'll run out of juice for invincibility if Bakugou goes for a super powerful explosion attack.
Nah, I've done discussions about Shantae vs other characters and physically she's almost equal to All Might. Well...his current Hero form anyway.

It was argued that Shantae STOMPS All Might in his weakened state (I dont mean his true, skin and bones state I mean him when he's all heroic and muscular) due to her repetoire of abilities.

To put it simply, if Shantae existed as a hero in My Hero Academia, she'd be the STRONGEST ONE outside of All Might in HIS PRIME.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Nah, I've done discussions about Shantae vs other characters and physically she's equal to All Might. Well...his current Hero form anyway.

It was argued that Shantae STOMPS All Might in his weakened state (I dont mean his true, skin and bones state I mean him when he's all heroic and muscular) due to her repetoire of abilities.

To put it simply, if Shantae existed as a hero in My Hero Academia, she'd be the STRONGEST ONE outside of All Might in HIS PRIME.
Genie Girl would be best girl. ;)

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just remember for DBX, the victor is decided on who has the most votes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just remember for DBX, the victor is decided on who has the most votes.
So that's why they had Knuckles beat Wario in one years ago, when really it's Wario who's victorious. Typical.

Also I beat Seven Sirens yesterday and it was a fun game. Now I just need to 100% it and figure out where the other 2 heart squids in the Squid Pit are.

Dukefire

Smash Master
So that's why they had Knuckles beat Wario in one years ago, when really it's Wario who's victorious. Typical.

Also I beat Seven Sirens yesterday and it was a fun game. Now I just need to 100% it and figure out where the other 2 heart squids in the Squid Pit are.
Well, that was One Minute Melee. It's not by votes, but for fun. DBX is completly different since one will die.

D

Deleted member

Well, that was One Minute Melee. It's not by votes, but for fun. DBX is completly different since one will die.
Hence the name. I was never really too much into those types of things, just ones Wario was in. But he lost most of those because people didn't know what Wario Land was.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Honestly, the best One Minute Melee was Dio vs Sakuya. Such a great fight, and we need more touhou love.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Honestly, the best One Minute Melee was Dio vs Sakuya. Such a great fight, and we need more touhou love.
For me, it was the SMBZ OMM battles. Bowser vs Eggman, Bowser Jr. vs Metal Sonic, Bowser vs Mecha Sonic

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord

Oh no, not those guys!
Death Battle is honestly something I think shouldn't exist.

D

Deleted member

Oh no, not those guys!
Someone in real life tried to tell me Wario wasn't immortal because he lost to King Dedede in Death Battle and was acting like Death Battle was 100% accurate with their research except they didn't cover everything with Wario. They left out the Earthshake Punch and his moves from Wario World, a along with his immortality.

It sparks all kinds of negativity and debates that seem like they're almost never ending. It gives me a headache because there are people who still use it as a source of reliable information when it just isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Oh no, not those guys!
I politely disagree, Death Battle is amazing...

However if they ever pull that nonsense like they did with
Ben 10 losing to Green Lantern
I will challenge Death Battle to a Death Battle

Last edited:

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
finally got the chance to play sirens, and boy its so GOOD. the old enemies look so good in the new style! I only just got to the water lily den, but some of my highlights:
Uncle has a great voice
zombie half genie is not rotty
heart squids and by extension squid smith are back
the monster card system seems cool
overall the voice acting is great
rotty is not the zombie half genie
zgF0heO.jpg

Dukefire

Smash Master
Found about the Ghost Dog and it's secrets. Now need to find someone with a Scientific Mind to restore power to the island.
Well............my mind for the search (please pass me a hint.)

D

Deleted member

Found about the Ghost Dog and it's secrets. Now need to find someone with a Scientific Mind to restore power to the island.
Well............my mind for the search (please pass me a hint.)
You'll have to go back to the laboratory area to find him

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Another spirit event announced, this time for n64 characters and games.

https://www.siliconera.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-n64-spirit-event-will-dole-out-6-4x-experience/

So this probably means no smash arms news this week. Makes sense though due to pokemon news this week. I can maybe see smash news next week? That or after the pokemon dlc drops
I think we can reasonably expect the Smash showcase next week. The pattern usually goes that whenever there are Pokémon news one week, Smash and/or Direct news will follow in the next one.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Someone in real life tried to tell me Wario wasn't immortal because he lost to King Dedede in Death Battle and was acting like Death Battle was 100% accurate with their research except they didn't cover everything with Wario. They left out the Earthshake Punch and his moves from Wario World, a along with his immortality.

It sparks all kinds of negativity and debates that seem like they're almost never ending. It gives me a headache because there are people who still use it as a source of reliable information when it just isn't.
One reason why I think Death Battle was a mistake.

I politely disagree, Death Battle is amazing...
Oh yeah, amazing...
Amazing seeing beloved characters being killed off by other beloved characters.
Hurting the fans of the character that got killed off and compelling the fans of the surviving character to spit on the fans of the one that died.
Not even being 100% accurate, since a lot of canon information is constantly ignored.

Seriously, who thought this was a good idea?! <<
And you can bet toxic Smash fans will use Shantae's Death as ammo for their agenda.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I always skip Death Battle's "research" knowing it's mostly one-sided anyways but the fights are still entertaining to watch sometimes.

Oh yeah, amazing...
Amazing seeing beloved characters being killed off by other beloved characters.
Hurting the fans of the character that got killed off and compelling the fans of the surviving character to spit on the fans of the one that died.
Not even being 100% accurate, since a lot of canon information is constantly ignored.

Seriously, who thought this was a good idea?! <<
And you can bet toxic Smash fans will use Shantae's Death as ammo for their agenda.
It's like looking at a screen clearing explosion at the end of every Shantae boss fight. Calm down, dude.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
I always skip Death Battle's "research" knowing it's mostly one-sided anyways but the fights are still entertaining to watch sometimes.

It's like looking at a screen clearing explosion at the end of every Shantae boss fight. Calm down, dude.
The way I see DB. If it involves a Marvel V. DC character, more often than not the DC hero will come on top. If it involves DC period, they usually come on top. If it involves Marvel period. they're roughly 50-50.
There is one thing I find to be rather preposterous, and it's how certain feats are counted as-if it was relatable to a real life phenomena, like DK's moon punching feat being treated as if he was able to punch *the* Moon, despite the entire thing being a cartoony way of dealing with the Tikis in DKC Returns.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
The way I see DB. If it involves a Marvel V. DC character, more often than not the DC hero will come on top. If it involves DC period, they usually come on top. If it involves Marvel period. they're roughly 50-50.
There is one thing I find to be rather preposterous, and it's how certain feats are counted as-if it was relatable to a real life phenomena, like DK's moon punching feat being treated as if he was able to punch *the* Moon, despite the entire thing being a cartoony way of dealing with the Tikis in DKC Returns.
Or anything that's Demon Hunter vs Demon 'cause it's always the demon hunter winning. Guts vs Nightmare? Dante vs Bayonetta? Nevermind Guts losing to demons at the time or Bayonetta having the strength to flip skyscraper-sized satellites with her thighs in the sequel, Guts and Dante win 'cause "nothing is new to a demon hunter!" By that logic Guts could take on Trigon or Dormammu lol. But at the end of the day, like someone said, it's just fanfiction.

In unrelated DB talk, there is an important lesson to learn in Seven Sirens.

Protect Lobster Siren with your life!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, WF still continues their character showcases, even though the game is already out.

Meanwhile, the PS4 quality-of-life update for River City Girls is live now.

WreckitRyan

Smash Apprentice
I've gotten a few hours into Seven Sirens, and all I can say is wow this game is good. It's neck and neck with Pirate's Curse for my favorite Shantae game at the moment.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Yeah it really does seem like the best Shantae game having the best of Pirates Curse and Half-Genie Hero rolled into one. It's really fun and I'm happy to see the positive reception it's getting everywhere. Nintendo Life even gave it a 9.

Top Bottom