• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
I personally don't see any fun in speculating tbh.
Feels like an opinionated and smug thing to me personally.
I rather just wait for the news, while playing games or doing other fun things.
But that's just me...
It's fine if it's not your thing. It's just a different type of logic puzzle that appeals to some people. Arguably, I think most of the speculation in this thread has been decently grounded. And when it's not, it's purely for the amusement of momentary humor. Like the indie smash reveal talk earlier. Even the disagreements are more reasonable compared to the main speculation page chaos, and that's coming from someone who hasn't read any of the recent Verge nonsense from this last weekend (way too many pages).

With that though, we have the indie direct tomorrow, and TGA Thursday, so if anything is going to be announced beforehand, like with a solo tweet etc, I would say keep an eye out Wed. That seems like the last real chance for a hurrah before the rewards.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I kinda almost DONT want a Shantae info reveal tomorrow cause it miiiight increase the chances for something at the TGA's????

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, we are going to face the storm since its almost here.

Also, here is a music track I'll leave for today. Even if the hopes are buried after the sandstorm, well.....

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I kinda almost DONT want a Shantae info reveal tomorrow cause it miiiight increase the chances for something at the TGA's????
But wouldn't it be better if we got our gal announced in Smash tomorrow or just the release date of Seven Sirens alone? I'm just hungry for more Shantae news honestly.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I think Shantae news for the Seven Sirens might be best for now since we haven't heard from WF after Part 1 demo on Apple Arcade.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
But wouldn't it be better if we got our gal announced in Smash tomorrow or just the release date of Seven Sirens alone? I'm just hungry for more Shantae news honestly.
Thas why I said almost.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well, we are going to face the storm since its almost here.

Also, here is a music track I'll leave for today. Even if the hopes are buried after the sandstorm, well.....
Omg, that sonic tweet followed by shantae with a ring tweet. Its a tease for a hd remaster of sonic and the secret rings woth shantae as the genie!!!

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Well, we don't yet know if our girl will be at the game awards, but it looks like Good 'ol Reggie will be making an appearance as a presenter.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Omg, that sonic tweet followed by shantae with a ring tweet. Its a tease for a hd remaster of sonic and the secret rings woth shantae as the genie!!!
Lemme ruin this for you:

That means Shantae gets a past relationship with Erazor Djinn.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'm now going to step out until the Game Awards is finished to avoid chatter about the challenger(s) if it does happen for demands, speculations or just none are showing worst case scenario.
Screenshot_20191122-195314_YouTube.jpg

D

Deleted member

Again, WF hasn't really shown shantae in a Indie direct. So, its more that WF is wanting to show their games at their pace and terms. Meaning it has more room for anticipation of when is WF next move on reveals and trailers with more information.
Better yet none of wayforwards games were shown in indie directs so I remain scepticle of shantae appearing there

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Seems like a coincidence

This conversation comes to mind when thinking about some of Wayforward's actions

I've been thinking about how to describe this thread in similes and comparisons.
"Just some folks having fun throwing darts and wondering if we'll hit bullseye" is one that comes to mind.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Aside from potential Seven Sirens news, I REALLY hope Racing Apex finally shows up. I've been waiting three years almost for that game to come out.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So lets assume all what Sabi and Vergeben say are true. Just to give us some fun things to speculate on till TGA.

using my handy dandy collage, I've crossed out everyone they've "deconfirmed" Who else needs to get crossed out from here?

Smash Ultimate DLC Potentials deconfirmation Version 1.png

zferolie

Smash Hero
So lets assume all what Sabi and Vergeben say are true. Just to give us some fun things to speculate on till TGA.

using my handy dandy collage, I've crossed out everyone they've "deconfirmed" Who else needs to get crossed out from here?

View attachment 251776
I woul;dn't mark off KOSMOS. Verge has said Namco is out but can't confirm that KOSMOS isn't out. Odd I know but his source keeps telling him they are not sure about KOSMOS, whatever that means.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I woul;dn't mark off KOSMOS. Verge has said Namco is out but can't confirm that KOSMOS isn't out. Odd I know but his source keeps telling him they are not sure about KOSMOS, whatever that means.
Fine.

ChadTR

Smash Apprentice
KOS-MOS's the talk of the town right now. Well, I never played Xenosaga, so I'm pretty indifferent to her inclusion. She looks fine I guess? At least that would be one more female fighter.

She's apparently perceived as obscure nowadays, so that would always make one more point in Shantae's favor against the idiots who pretend our half-genie is too obscure for Smash. Still hoping for a Shantae reveal and, also, more info about Shantae 5. Seriously, we're three weeks away from the end of 2019!

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS's the talk of the town right now. Well, I never played Xenosaga, so I'm pretty indifferent to her inclusion. She looks fine I guess? At least that would be one more female fighter.

She's apparently perceived as obscure nowadays, so that would always make one more point in Shantae's favor against the idiots who pretend our half-genie is too obscure for Smash. Still hoping for a Shantae reveal and, also, more info about Shantae 5. Seriously, we're three weeks away from the end of 2019!
I have no experience with KOS-MOS or her franchise, so I would be equally "meh" on her getting added. That said I do find her far more interesting than the characters who were being highly speculated before her like Ninja Ryu and Doom Guy

D

Deleted member

I would because all the fake leaks that had her are dead

D

Deleted member

Boy, you seem to have a grudge against Kos-mos. Especially considering how your idol Vergeben isn't even sure about her.
I wasent against her at that time but when it started getting heated up with talking about it even more And some users hit me down saying it’s all real...that's where I draw the line

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
It probably means Monolith Soft has a greater say on her getting into stuff than we may think.

I have no experience with KOS-MOS or her franchise, so I would be equally "meh" on her getting added. That said I do find her far more interesting than the characters who were being highly speculated before her like Ninja Ryu and Doom Guy
Like Morrigan, KOS-MOS is known more than her actual series. Did you know that one of her big attacks involves her undoing her bra strap?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
dammit zferolie you just had to mention KOS-MOS and derail the thread away from I was trying to do, have a bit of fun in narrowing down dlc picks.

lol

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Number 1, but its weird since I feel like my second most wanted Marina Liteyears is MORE wanted due to her having FAR FAR lower chances than SHantae, and I root for underdogs, but paradoxically if I felt she had more of a chance she'd be less wanted than SHantae. Overall though Shantae is still number 1.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Here is my top 10 most wanted:

1. Goemon
2. Krystal
3. Dixie Kong
4. Porky Minch
5. Pig Ganon
6. Zero
7. Tron Bonne
8. Shantae
9. Marina Liteyears
10. Skull Kid

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Here is my top 10 most wanted:

1. Goemon
2. Krystal
3. Dixie Kong
4. Porky Minch
5. Pig Ganon
6. Zero
7. Tron Bonne
8. Shantae
9. Marina Liteyears
10. Skull Kid
My Top 10:
1. Shantae
2. Marina Liteyears
3. KOS-MOS
4. Lip
5. Morrigan
6. Jill Dozer
7. Adeleine
8. Nia
9. 2B
10. Reimu

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Where do you guys rank Shantae on your wanted list? I rank her as my number 8th most wanted.
Well, since you asked:
1. Shantae
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Shovel Knight
4. Spyro the Dragon
5. Sackboy
6. Rayman
7. Lilac
8. Geno
9. CommanderVideo
10. Doom Slayer

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My Top 10:
1. Shantae
2. Marina Liteyears
3. KOS-MOS
4. Lip
5. Morrigan
6. Jill Dozer
7. Adeleine
8. Nia
9. 2B
10. Reimu
Nice list. I'm rooting for KOS-MOS, Lip, Adeleine, and Reimu as well.

Well, since you asked:
1. Shantae
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Shovel Knight
4. Spyro the Dragon
5. Sackboy
6. Rayman
7. Lilac
8. Geno
9. CommanderVideo
10. Doom Slayer
Very nice list. I would love Geno, Crash, Spyro, and Rayman to all get in with our half genie gal.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
My desire for waifus in Smash overrides my desire for others like Rayman, Geno, Crash, and Travis

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
I only have a top three:
1. Shantae
2. Hatsune Miku
3. Jason Frudnick (preferably with Sophia 3rd)

Miku is my #1 favorite character in general, but she's only #2 here because I don't know how she'd translate to a fighter.
Shantae has just too much going for her to be ignored, hands down a no-brainer to add in Smash. Unique in every way, the way I see it. A perfect fit.
Blaster Master is easily my #1 retro game. I can't shake how satisfying it is to control Sophia in the games. A gem of the past, constantly brought back through virtual console and NSO. If they want another retro rep in, please bring this tank to the battlefield! (wait... is this why the got rid of the landmasters? The plot thickens! XD)

Aside from Shantae though, I've never seen my wanted characters as realistic wants. So I'm open to a lot of characters, I just hope they're unique and creative entries to the roster. There is no other game that has the opportunity to be this diverse in their fighters, I hope they don't waste that opportunity!

A few characters I'm curious about to see how they'd turn out are: Marina Lightyears, Geno and Reimu.

Top Bottom