• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheOctoRawk

Smash Rookie
My top 10-ish:

1. Shantae
2. Velvet Crowe
3. Waluigi
4. Lloyd Irving
5. Dante
6. Yuri Lowell
7. Arle Nadja
8. Ragna the Bloodedge
9. Marina Liteyears (I enjoy seeing her brought up lately on SB)
10. Travis Touchdown

You can tell I also really want a Tales character in Smash, regardless of who it would be.

zferolie

Smash Hero
dammit zferolie you just had to mention KOS-MOS and derail the thread away from I was trying to do, have a bit of fun in narrowing down dlc picks.

lol
Haha sorry, that wasn't my intention. I just wanted to make sure data was right.

Where do you guys rank Shantae on your wanted list? I rank her as my number 8th most wanted.
1. Shantae
2. Reimu
3. Donbe and hikari
4. Medusa
5. Kos-mos
6. Geno
7. Rex/prya and mythra
8. Marina lightyears
9. Rythmn Girl
10. Velvet from tales of

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Haha sorry, that wasn't my intention. I just wanted to make sure data was right.

1. Shantae
2. Reimu
3. Donbe and hikari
4. Medusa
5. Kos-mos
6. Geno
7. Rex/prya and mythra
8. Marina lightyears
9. Rythmn Girl
10. Velvet from tales of
I see Medusa on your list. A man of culture I see.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
I have a feeling today is going to be a good day for us.
I just want to know when Seven Sirens is coming at this point.

As much as I want Shantae to be playable in Smash, I've decided to not let her final destination ruin the game for me like I let it last year.

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
Where do you guys rank Shantae on your wanted list? I rank her as my number 8th most wanted.
Wishlist:
Top Tier:
  • Shantae (I really just want her, heh)
Next Tier:
(loosely in order)
  • Lara Croft
  • Chell
  • Shadow (Isabelle'd)
  • Resident Evil rep (rip)
  • Sora*
  • League of Legends Rep (PC/esports)***
  • Amaterasu**
  • Hollow Knight**
  • Miku Hatsune**
  • Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)**
  • Geno*
  • FPS rep*
  • Skyrim/Assassins Creed
* not entirely advocating for: but I truly believe should get a rep
** pipe dream I don't expect but would flip
*** preferably Irelia or Ryze, so mii costumes could be Yasuo (SF), Garen (SF), Vi (B), Lee Sin(B), Ezreal (G), Jinx (G), with spirits as other popular/ cash grab skin/iconic champs like Ahri, Kai'Sa, Pyke, Jhin, Lux, Miss Fortune, Akali, Teemo, and Darius.

zferolie

Smash Hero
About 15 minutes left. Lets hope for some cool indie games and some shantae game news. And if that 1 in a 100 chance they reveal her here, good luck

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
If Shantae and the Seven Sirens does NOT make an appearance in this INDIE World Direct then WayForward must be saving the release date to go along something else. What that something else is I will leave to your imaginations.

#ShantaeForSmashDLC

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just remember that there is roughly 20 mins into this indie world direct, so anything is game.

Again, highly doubt that a smash challenger would appear since how it can drain the attention away from the titles presented.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Okay this is getting STUPID!!!!!

No new Shantae and the Seven Sirens INFO on the LAST INDIE DIRECT OF THE YEAR.

Okay something is definitely up.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Oof, nothing on Seven Sirens.

This was just about newly announced games.

moraven116

Smash Rookie
Haha I’m not sure if I’m upset or excited. It definitely feeds into my naive hopeful side

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
There was also no Shovel Knight King of Cards trailer. How weird... it's like Nintendo doesn't have a Shovel Knight bias and instead wants to emphasize uniqueness above all else?
I'll be real with you all, considering how big Shovel Knight's been, I'm surprised they didn't have him in their trailer, primarily to advertise King of Cards and/or Showdown.

Though with no Shantae info either, this is really getting all kinds of weird. No WayForward information, no trailer, nothing of any sort... There is something they're brewing up. I'm slightly disappointed, but expected that WF would have needed 2020 to fully release Seven Sirens.

Last edited:

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
I think Shantae's chances got a LOT HIGHER now. The fact the game wasn't here, a PRIME TIME to announce a potential delay... something's definitely up.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
There was also no Shovel Knight King of Cards trailer. How weird... it's like Nintendo doesn't have a Shovel Knight bias and instead wants to emphasize uniqueness above all else?
I'll be real with you all, considering how big Shovel Knight's been, I'm surprised they didn't have him in their trailer.

Though with no Shantae info either, this is really getting all kinds of weird. No WayForward information, no trailer, nothing of any sort... There is something they're brewing up. I'm slightly disappointed, but expected that WF would have needed 2020 to fully release Seven Sirens.
Because KoC and Showdown are out TODAY! We've know about that for a week.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
**** I took a power nap but I over sleeped and my timer didn't wake me up. I haven't seen it yet, but what the **** there was not even no Seven Sirens news? Something fishy is definitely going on.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Because KoC and Showdown are out TODAY! We've know about that for a week.
That doesn't stop them from dropping games that are, as well, releasing today.
I can think the only reason why SK wasn't in there was because he has massive gravity, and that his announcements would take away from the Indie games. But the thing is, these indie games were not all that good! There was Sports Story, Streets of Rage 4, and that was mainly it from what I remember. Also, Axiom Verge 2. All the other games were simply "interesting" or "rip-off". And Shovel Knight could have brought some excitement to the audience.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
That doesn't stop them from dropping games that are, as well, releasing today.
I can think the only reason why SK wasn't in there was because he has massive gravity, and that his announcements would take away from the Indie games. But the thing is, these indie games were not all that good! There was Sports Story, Streets of Rage 4, and that was mainly it from what I remember. Also, Axiom Verge 2. All the other games were simply "interesting" or "rip-off". And Shovel Knight could have brought some excitement to the audience.
"NOT GOOD AT ALL?"

Excuse me? We got Streets of Rage 4, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, Axiom Verge 2, Supermash, The Survalists, are you kidding me right now?

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
"NOT GOOD AT ALL?"

Excuse me? We got Streets of Rage 4, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, Axiom Verge 2, Supermash, The Survalists, are you kidding me right now?
The entirety of the Direct was boring as all Hell. And the good games that were featured on there suffered because of it. Yes, there are good games featured on there, but with the announcers sounding as stale as white bread and the myriad of games that are either boring or rip-offs, they're not the "stars" even if they're good.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think this is the last Indie presentation or Direct I'm ever going to watch live. Everyone of them so far have been disappointing to me.

Edit: Watch there be no Smash reveal at the VGA.

Last edited:

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
It's a rather curious situation we're in right now with Seven Sirens.
I don't think we can expect an "oh right, btw, Shantae is delayed to 2020" tweet, it'd be a bit late for that I feel (they'd know a delay is imminent at this point and they know we've been asking about it).
I definitely feel like they're holding back for something bigger, to make a splash. Mind you that just having their trailer show at the VGA's would by itself be a big enough deal (heck, the trailer at Promare is already a big deal). So I could see them putting their date up there (delayed or not), or even an "Releasing today on the E-shop" or something. But if the VGA's come and go with no announcement on that... then I wouldn't know what to make of the situation.

Luckily we don't have to wait long for the VGA's to start. Hopefully we get answers there.
I'm getting really curious on how this all is going to resolve...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's a rather curious situation we're in right now with Seven Sirens.
I don't think we can expect an "oh right, btw, Shantae is delayed to 2020" tweet, it'd be a bit late for that I feel (they'd know a delay is imminent at this point and they know we've been asking about it).
I definitely feel like they're holding back for something bigger, to make a splash. Mind you that just having their trailer show at the VGA's would by itself be a big enough deal (heck, the trailer at Promare is already a big deal). So I could see them putting their date up there (delayed or not), or even an "Releasing today on the E-shop" or something. But if the VGA's come and go with no announcement on that... then I wouldn't know what to make of the situation.

Luckily we don't have to wait long for the VGA's to start. Hopefully we get answers there.
I'm getting really curious on how this all is going to resolve...
What if we get no announcement of the release date for Seven Sirens or no Smash reveal at the VGA's and a Nintendo or Smash Direct get's announced for this month? I would probably lose my mind as "OMG! Shantae might actually be in".

Last edited:

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
What if we get no announcement of the release date for Seven Sirens or no Smash reveal at the VGA's and a Nintendo or Smash Direct get's announced for this month? I would probably lose my mind as "OMG! Shantae might actually be in".
I'll definitely keep my eyes open and get excited for pretty much anything if we still haven't gotten any news after all that. XD

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Hey, keep in mind that Shantae and the Pirate's Curse was originally slated for Late 2013, but got delayed TWO WEEKS before the end of 2013. Same thing COULD happen with Seven Sirens.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I have her at #1. Even if you never played a Shantae game, just knowing her history and seeing her capable moveset is more than enough to make her worthy.

Anyway here's my list:
1. Shantae
2. Doomguy
3. Velvet Crowe
4. Ajna (Indivisible)
5. Travis Touchdown
6. Chell (Portal)
7. Nemesis (RE3)
8. Sephiroth
9. Hatsune Miku
10. Tsubasa Oribe

Originally I had Jill Valentine on here but you saw what happened to her ;-;

Last edited:

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
So it sounds like some people have seen the intro for Seven Sirens before PROMARE as early as Sunday.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
This makes me wonder if there is any change at all to the intro's ending screen.

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
So it sounds like some people have seen the intro for Seven Sirens before PROMARE as early as Sunday.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
This makes me wonder if there is any change at all to the intro's ending screen.
Makes me wonder why I didn't see it. I guess it could have happened during the commercials while the lights were still on before the movie. Oh well.

Anyways the silence on Seven Sirens leads me to believe one of three things:

1. They're holding on to the info for the game to time in correspondence with something else. Could be a Smash reveal, could just be the Game Awards, and could be something else entirely.

2. There's something wrong with the development of the game and they're going to announce that it's been delayed as a result.

3. Wayforward is gonna pull another Wayforward and just post a trailer and a release date on their Twitter as if nothing weird ever happened.

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly not surprised there wasn't anything on Seven Sirens. They havent used the indie directs to announce anything on it before.

The silence on Seven Sirens leads me to believe one of three things:

1. They're holding on to the info for the game to time in correspondence with something else. Could be a Smash reveal, could just be the Game Awards, and could be something else entirely.

2. There's something wrong with the development of the game and they're going to announce that it's been delayed as a result.

3. Wayforward is gonna pull another Wayforward and just post a trailer and a release date on their Twitter as if nothing weird ever happened.
I hope there isnt anything wrong with it, minus normal debugging type of stuff. The third point would be disappointing, at least when compared to the others, but great cuz news. As for the first point, are there any Wayforward/Shantae anniversaries coming up?

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
I'm honestly not surprised there wasn't anything on Seven Sirens. They havent used the indie directs to announce anything on it before.

I hope there isnt anything wrong with it, minus normal debugging type of stuff. The third point would be disappointing, at least when compared to the others, but great cuz news. As for the first point, are there any Wayforward/Shantae anniversaries coming up?
WayForward is celebrating 30 Years next year.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
It depends on if we're going for the "most wanted in general" list or the "most wanted that has a chance" list. On the former she's like, 20th. On the latter? Probably top 10.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
1. Shantae
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Rex and the Aegis
4. Hakurei Reimu
5. KOS-MOS
6. Saber Artorias
7. Kiryuu Kazuma
8. Solaire of Astora
9. 2B
10. Elma

Last edited:
Top Bottom