• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I honestly have no idea who FP5 is going to be and I'm genuinely surprised that the character hasn't been leaked... yet.

While I'm not expecting Shantae (I'm still of the belief she'll be a post pass character), I'm hoping that we can at least get some Seven Sirens news tomorrow.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nintendo Ninjas are probably doing pretty well keeping things under wrap. That or they already got Vergeben, Sabi and any other reliable leakers.

Last edited:

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
Where do you guys rank Shantae on your wanted list? I rank her as my number 8th most wanted.
1. Shantae
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Ganon

The classic blue manbearpig with a trident. Just picture him standing alongside Bowser, Ridley, K. Rool, and even DeDeDe. It'd be a Kodak moment.

4. Geno
5. My Skellymancer from Diablo 2.

My original file/name for him was "Lazarus" until I found out a significant character was already named that in the since the first game via Diablo 3's release. Damn it, that was the perfect name for a Necromancer if you asked me. I had to start over because of how much it friggin bugged me and think for like a week to come up with a new name, and settled on "Gallowmere".

It's just not the same.

6. Midna
7. My Diablo 3 Demon Hunter.

I named her "Alice". I swear to god that character was based off that Mary Sue!

You can't convince me otherwise!

8. Make my Ganondorf the warlock he's supposed to be, damn it! Pretty please?

9. Can Dark Samus get decloned too? That'd be cool.

10. I don't know honestly, I'm too indecisive past 5 characters.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
For all we know, maybe Shantae was leaked but everybody who found it was reluctant to mention thinking nobody would believe it. I don't get many who think she'd be a bizarre pick. Even YouTubers who have the courtesy to still add her in their chance rating videos as a possibility keep quipping "She has history with Nintendo on her side but to see her would be strange" Uh...oookaayyy? Why though lol

Last edited:

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
For all we know, maybe Shantae was leaked but everybody who found it was reluctant to mention thinking nobody would believe it. I don't get many who think she'd be a bizarre pick. Even YouTubers who have the courtesy to still add her in their chance rating videos as a possibility keep quipping "She has history with Nintendo on her side but to see her would be strange" Uh...oookaayyy? Why though lol
I found it stranger she barely made the top 10 females to add to Smash on GameXplain's list. When she's been known to make well within the top 10 requests in general.

By default she's the best female because she can consistently garner such support without needing to handicap the competition in her favor.

The female or indie quota is but an excuse we Shantae supporters pull to people who don't accept that anyone can want a character to be a fighter purely because of how fun their potential is as a Smash fighter, and must fit their stupid arbitrary bill of "deserving" that ultimately doesn't show anything within the Smash battlefield itself.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
When it comes to waifu or female reps for smash, its an all out war on who is getting in. Male fighters as well, but not as bad.

kazoka122

Smash Cadet
So I usually just lurk around this board but I wanted to say a quick piece.

I feel that this final character will not be Shantae. However, I think that once the 5th character has been shown ALL bets are off.

That said, we should really show our support for her on all social media, through drawings, videos or just bring her up when relevant (resurrecting the dlc hashtag will work as well)

And of course, we should remain respectful and not spam her all over. What do you guys think?

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace

I swear, this entire conspiracy is going to be the death of me...
WHY DID HE TAG SABI?!
DOES HE HAVE A DEATH WISH?!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I wouldn't put any stock in random 4Chan text leaks that anyone can make.

That being said, don't lose hope even if Shantae doesn't show up tomorrow as all bets are off for the next round of DLC characters.

zferolie

Smash Hero
thats just 1 random 4chan leak right? Sure the current KOSMOS one is one too but has things right.

I mean, I am expecting KOSMOS but god damn I would love it being Shantae

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Doesn't mean Shantae's chances are tied to that 4Chan leak though. It might still happen. MIGHT. I'm not trying to be too optimistic myself but man...

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Doesn't mean Shantae's chances are tied to that 4Chan leak though. It might still happen. MIGHT. I'm not trying to be too optimistic myself but man...
Oh I feel her getting in is 100%, its just the when part. Would love if she was FP5 though... I mean she has a lot going for her, the spirit, Wayforward silence, she having her own fighting avatar when no other spirit not tied to a fighter does, Daisy in the banner and that picture.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
I honestly hope to God Sabi doesn't respond to that guy's tweet. I want to go into the TGAs having some hope.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Geno is tied to Mario series, Rayman doesnt have an online player icon and Shovel Knight has one due to AT status.
NANI?! RAYMAN DOESN'T HAVE AN ONLINE ICON?!
That doesn't sound right.

EDIT:
Just checked the game myself and you're right. He doesn't have one. Interestingly enough though, the Chorus Kids and Lip have one though (Lip is explainable because of the item she has representing her, but I'm not sure why the Chorus Kids are there). Someone mentioned this possibly deconfirming her for DLC, but I'm hard-pressed to believe a simple icon of pre-existing artwork would deconfirm a character for ever potentially being DLC (unless they're an Assist Trophy).

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
they are there due to being "other" sectio for player icons

*all online player icons have a connection to a playable character usually as being spirits from their series, are an Assist Trophy, are Smash original characters, and for Diskun, Lip, and Ogre Dr. Kawashima are 1st party spirits but due to not having any of those traits I said previously are put into "other", Shantae.....is an anomaly as she is a third party and has none of those traits.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
they are there due to being "other" sectio for player icons

*all online player icons have a connection to a playable character usually as being spirits from their series, are an Assist Trophy, are Smash original characters, and for Diskun, Lip, and Ogre Dr. Kawashima are 1st party spirits but due to not having any of those traits I said previously are put into "other", Shantae.....is an anomaly as she is a third party and has none of those traits.
Well, Lip has an item and a Mii Costume. Not sure why Diskun is there or why Chorus Kids are there and not Karate Joe. Dr. Kawashima I believe is related to that one Assist Trophy.

But now that you brought this to my attention AND I went and confirmed it... this makes Sabi being quiet about Shantae very suspicious (he's been asked about her before, and hasn't responded).

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Well, Lip has an item and a Mii Costume. Not sure why Diskun is there or why Chorus Kids are there and not Karate Joe. Dr. Kawashima I believe is related to that one Assist Trophy.

But now that you brought this to my attention AND I went and confirmed it... this makes Sabi being quiet about Shantae very suspicious (he's been asked about her before, and hasn't responded).
they're there because Rhtyhm Heaven ONLY has spirit representation, as for why its not Joe, just possibly they decided to use the Kids for the icon. and Dr Kawashima Ogre/Devil wahtever IS the AT but that ogre form NEVER appears as actually PART of the AT itself in Smash, so its part of the other as association with Brain Age/ the character as a whole.

D

Deleted member

thats just 1 random 4chan leak right? Sure the current KOSMOS one is one too but has things right.

I mean, I am expecting KOSMOS but god damn I would love it being Shantae
Here’s the thing tho
1.the one who said hzd is on pc is unreliable. He once said botw is coming to pc
2.kh3 remind wasn't even that difficult to predict

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Man, let's hope Shantae's hope goes into the Game Awards (regardless if she's CP5 or not, I just want to go into the VGAs knowing that there's at least a chance).

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
Geno is tied to Mario series, Rayman doesnt have an online player icon and Shovel Knight has one due to AT status.
The way I look at it.

There are four oddballs when it comes to the online icon selection.

Two that have them: Shantae and Geno (SE doesn't strike as the type to humor it. Plus, you'd think Mallow would nab one by extension.)

Two that don't: Rex and Rayman

Mark my words, at least one of these will be in the DLC beyond. I was leaning towards Rex and maybe Rayman at first, (due to the detail about Rex getting a Mii) but the Hero's lack of SE Mii outfits has me curious.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Speculation is certainly heating up again.

I'm not expecting Shantae for FP5, but If it does happen...

There was a problem fetching the tweet

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I've honestly given up thinking she's the FP5 pick.

That being said I think she has a much better shot then most in the post Fighters Pass DLC.

But I honestly want the post FP picks to be entirely AT/Spirits Upgrades.

For 2 reasons.

One to kill the fan rules lol.
And two, lots of great characters (not just Shantae) are perfect choices for an upgrade to fighter.
Honestly, if Fighter Pass 2 was exclusively Spirits? Best timeline. Geno/Shantae/Bandana Dee would be basically guaranteed in that case.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
18 hours to go.

Let's see if we get anything Half-Genie at the Awards.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Honestly, if Fighter Pass 2 was exclusively Spirits? Best timeline. Geno/Shantae/Bandana Dee would be basically guaranteed in that case.
Man, I would be all for a spirits upgrade pass. Shantae, Mipha, Dixie Kong, Panther, Viridi or Medusa... So many great characters are currently trapped as spirits.

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
I'm kinda bummed I can't watch TGA live. It airs at around 3AM for me, so I'll have to wake up to the aftermath of it all. So hopefully it won't be too crazy XD
Definitely keeping my fingers crossed for anything Shantae though.

Mario9919

Smash Apprentice
Haven't been active in awhile here. How's everyone? And glad to see the Shantae support is still strong here. Fingers crossed for the Game Awards!

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Haven't been active in awhile here. How's everyone? And glad to see the Shantae support is still strong here. Fingers crossed for the Game Awards!
Well the Indie World Direct came and went with NO Shantae and The Seven Sirens info(which that in and of itself is odd) and the spirit upgrade to fighter rumor as yet to be debunked by Sabi. Heck Sabi is unusually quiet when people ask him about Shantae(so far).

So yeah the Shantae for Smash DLC Hype Train is still in motion.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know it's not going to happen, but dear lord would I jump out of my seat with glee if Shantae is revealed as FP5 at the VGAs tonight. :awesome: It sucks I'll be at work though lol!

Last edited:

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
So apparently Sabi is gonna stay quiet for now. That's good. If Shantae was deconfirmed, he would've said so when tagged about it multiple times before hand. That, and Matt would've just said "she's a Spirit".

Top Bottom