• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think shantaes background color could be orange and I know the background colors for the fighters pass meant(plant was green)
View attachment 246499
joker-persona 5 main color
Hero-dq11 dragon in logo
Banjo-rare logo & jiggies
Terry-snk logo
Orange-

O R A N G E

Am I stretching?
Seems good. Sadly, most people would automatically take orange to mean Crash is in instead, despite the fact that insiders explicitly said he's not FP5.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
That or his pants.

Off topic, but has anyone else got their physical copy of river city gorls from limited run games? I ordered it back in august and got the mail sayong i preordered it but i still dont have my copy. I got the special physical eddition.

I haven't gotten mine either. Getting very nervous.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm still waiting on Limited Run Games to send out my copy of Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger Ix...

It's gonna suck waiting an eternity again when Seven Sirens inevitably gets a physical release from them.

D

Deleted member

...The one with orange as a question mark, on the Fighter Pass.
Oh that’s real but I just added the orange and question mark and the other stuff on the revealed that the colors font mean what they’re referring to instead wearing on them. this is what it looks like without the stuff I added it came from the Nintendo uk smash page
D80F6558-445D-4B37-9D68-79C088B2914D.jpeg

sorry for the confusion

Last edited by a moderator:

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
I think shantaes background color could be orange and I know the background colors for the fighters pass meant(plant was green)
View attachment 246499
Hero-dq11 dragon in logo
Terry-snk logo
Orange-

O R A N G E

Am I stretching?
It looks and sounds like a good hypothesis but it's entirely possible that the background colour could be brown instead; that would go with Lloyd Irving since the colour matches that of the icon in the original Tales of Symphonia logo. Of course I'll be rooting for Shantae all the way.

D

Deleted member

It looks and sounds like a good hypothesis but it's entirely possible that the background colour could be brown instead; that would go with Lloyd Irving since the colour matches that of the icon in the original Tales of Symphonia logo. Of course I'll be rooting for Shantae all the way.
Actually I was thinking of his color being based off this instead

Brown seems unfitting to me

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
d9gvh8x-f9a7996b-e70d-4068-b357-ac87da563b62.png

DP3eF-QXUAEfbwJ.jpg

t7BSq7c.jpg

For reference:

Again, a light brown could also be good for Shantae. But indie games tend toward indie-weird colors, so I imagine we'll see straight-up purple.

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Actually I was thinking of his color being based off this instead

Brown seems unfitting to me
A rich, "leather" brown would actually be pretty sharp for him. I suppose that might tie into the book symbol, too.

EDIT: Wish I could delete double-posts! It won't drop replies into the edit box!

Last edited:

Cruiser

Smash Rookie
Hey fellow Shantae fans! Shantae is my number two most wanted newcomer after Joker :ultjoker:, but I believe that FP5 will probably be a new Namco rep since they have been awfully quiet. One of my other most wanted newcomers is the protagonist of the Xenosaga trilogy, KOS-MOS or Kosy for short ( :) ). Lots of things align with her series getting a new remake with both Xeno's director and Harada's help from a recent trademark. KOS-MOS got a redesign based on her original design from Xenosaga 1 in Xenoblade 2 that got its own huge figure. Her profitability is being seen now after being ignored for years after Xenosaga 3 came out. Shantae would absolutely floor me as FP5, but nothing truly points to her for this pass so I want to at least not be disappointed with the fighter. I recommend listening to some Xenosaga music too. No fighting, no vitrial. Just throwing my personal belief against my wish for Shantae.

I will always be Ret-2-Go, Wayforward.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'm still shocked on how far the Smash Bros series has become with Sakurai. Even if its over with Shantae still as a spirit (and other choices), I don't think there will be another that might surpass this series.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Hey fellow Shantae fans! Shantae is my number two most wanted newcomer after Joker :ultjoker:, but I believe that FP5 will probably be a new Namco rep since they have been awfully quiet. One of my other most wanted newcomers is the protagonist of the Xenosaga trilogy, KOS-MOS or Kosy for short ( :) ). Lots of things align with her series getting a new remake with both Xeno's director and Harada's help from a recent trademark. KOS-MOS got a redesign based on her original design from Xenosaga 1 in Xenoblade 2 that got its own huge figure. Her profitability is being seen now after being ignored for years after Xenosaga 3 came out. Shantae would absolutely floor me as FP5, but nothing truly points to her for this pass so I want to at least not be disappointed with the fighter. I recommend listening to some Xenosaga music too. No fighting, no vitrial. Just throwing my personal belief against my wish for Shantae.

One of my dreams. This is official art work for a cancelled crossover game called Card Sagas War.

I will always be Ret-2-Go, Wayforward.
Love the vivacity. And, I think of another point in KOS-MOS' favor:
If Sakurai wasn't misleading us about needing only the rifle off of the Vifram mecha toy, KOS-MOS is one of the incredibly few characters I can see using such a design, as if Bamco asked for Sora/Sakurai's help with her overall and weapon designs.

That said, I have to disagree a bit on FP1-5 indicators. Rex couldn't even get in to represent XBC2 (and he's the most recent darling of the series just as Hero, Joker, and FE all follow that pattern). The "Tales Of Series" logo and simplistic Book/quill pen icon trademarks strongly outweigh most hard evidence for Shantae and KOS-MOS. Those two things combined make me think that Lloyd actually will be FP1-5 with maybe Shantae as FP2-1 (and even that theory will sink completely if WF formally announces a SatSS delay).

But I'll bet Bamco wants more Xeno representation and KOS-MOS would be a marvelous pick both for historical representation and to serve as a single protagonist going forward. You got one wish granted - hoping you get all 3!

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
What do you think Shantae's run speed would be in Smash?

Dukefire

Smash Master
I can say that Shantae could be a mid weight as the Jack of all Trade character. My guess.....

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
I can only see her amiibo box color being red, red-orange, straight purple (as opposed to Hero's purple), or possibly a shade or two lighter brown/tan than her skin color. We already have "gold" represented via Banjo-Kazooie.
Honestly, I think your points could be true with her also being FP5. Because Joker's red is a very deep, bloody red. Banjo's yellow is more golden so it has an orange hue to it. The colors are skewed. So I think the 'orange' character leaning towards a more red-orange would be very believable. So that fan orange people tend to use, if you shift that slightly more red, I could see it between the other two colors. Would also blend with Shantae nicely too.

I can say that Shantae could be a mid weight as the Jack of all Trade character. My guess.....
I'd like her a jack of all trades honestly, would mimic her games better too. Aren't the female characters always light weights essentially? Could argue her hair weighs her down.

Last edited:

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
that spreadsheet needs to be updated
I will tweak it as I go if possible...

Well now... thats something. People were saying crash because he is oranage, but this makes more sense, a color tied to the title of the character... and oranage fits shantae perfectly...

Its happeneing shantae confirmed
Nice, more circumstantial evidence to add to the pile lol.

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Did that spreadsheet ever add that Ken Sugimori tweet?

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Did that spreadsheet ever add that Ken Sugimori tweet?

Oh...oh my. Um, for those curious to what it talks about, um, it's Ken talking about the use of stereoscopics in Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. Given how that other blurb talks about FP1-5 being "fan pleasing," I'll actually be a bit relieved if it's not Shantae... *sweating intensifies*

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Oh...oh my. Um, for those curious to what it talks about, um, it's Ken talking about the use of stereoscopics in Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. Given how that other blurb talks about FP1-5 being "fan pleasing," I'll actually be a bit relieved if it's not Shantae... *sweating intensifies*
huh?

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
View attachment 246499
Hero-dq11 dragon in logo
Terry-snk logo
Orange-

O R A N G E

Am I stretching?
It's clear with these backgrounds within the fighter pass, there's a rainbow theme happening leaving the colors magenta, indigo and orange left.

Question is: are these colors based on the game's title/company logo or on the fighter's person or both?!

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
It's clear with these backgrounds within the fighter pass, there's a rainbow theme happening leaving the colors magenta, indigo and orange left.

Question is: are these colors based on the game's title/company logo or on the fighter's person or both?!
Good news everyone! ALL those colors fit Shantae. Or they may just as well fit several other characters hoho.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Been awhile since I posted here, but hey still support Shantae even if I don't think it's gonna happen. Not trying to be pessimistic mind you, but I'm just not sold on us getting a ton of extra post Fighters pass DLC and think we'll probably get like 2 or 3 extra characters at most.

Anyways just wanted to point out that I dislike color theory. I don't really see why the next color has to be anything, it doesnt have to be orange or purple, it could be any color, and it being any color can't be used as proof for any character. They're only picking colors on the characters themselves, Jokers gloves, Hero's shirt, Kazooie's beak and feathertips, Terry's pants/eye color, which is done to keep the colors within the same palette so they don't clash, while also picking colors that aren't overtly present on the parts of the characters they've cropped out so the character doesn't blend in. It's not about colors that happened to be connected to the character before, it's just about keeping it in the same color palette and picking a color that isn't overpowering. If Shantae got in her background would probably be the color of her clothes, so red, or her bracelets, so gold, or maybe the color of her eyes/tiara gem, so blue; the image would most likely be zoomed in on her face so it certainly wouldn't be purple, as her hair would blend in with the background.

D

Deleted member

Ken gets specific. Not for good boys and girls.
So why did they make it in untouched then?
A659A00E-F843-4172-80D1-06A525D528BD.jpeg

also krystals assist has the same top as shantae so...
Been awhile since I posted here, but hey still support Shantae even if I don't think it's gonna happen. Not trying to be pessimistic mind you, but I'm just not sold on us getting a ton of extra post Fighters pass DLC and think we'll probably get like 2 or 3 extra characters at most.

Anyways just wanted to point out that I dislike color theory. I don't really see why the next color has to be anything, it doesnt have to be orange or purple, it could be any color, and it being any color can't be used as proof for any character. They're only picking colors on the characters themselves, Jokers gloves, Hero's shirt, Kazooie's beak and feathertips, Terry's pants/eye color, which is done to keep the colors within the same palette so they don't clash, while also picking colors that aren't overtly present on the parts of the characters they've cropped out so the character doesn't blend in. It's not about colors that happened to be connected to the character before, it's just about keeping it in the same color palette and picking a color that isn't overpowering. If Shantae got in her background would probably be the color of her clothes, so red, or her bracelets, so gold, or maybe the color of her eyes/tiara gem, so blue; the image would most likely be zoomed in on her face so it certainly wouldn't be purple, as her hair would blend in with the background.
1.when he said even more i don’t think it means 2 or 3. It might be 10 due to the wol datamine

and 2. I said a few pages back that the colors aren’t what the character on them is wearing but what they’re referencing to (Ex: terry’s background isn’t his pants, it’s the snk logo).

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
So why did they make it in untouched then?
also krystals assist has the same top as shantae so...
This was in 2014 and Ken doesn't sway Nintendo, Sora/Sakurai, or Bamco.

Because Shantae's Risky Bits are covered up. Mai's weren't, not at certain angles.

Exactly. Krystal is actually worse, because the loincloth comes completely up after she jumps, but there's "nothing explicit" under there, despite being in plain view. No worse than an undressed Barbie doll or some such.

As for the CSS files, I'd be willing to put more stock into those, except that they can be patched at any time or go unused, rendering analysis useless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom