• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member

It's clear with these backgrounds within the fighter pass, there's a rainbow theme happening leaving the colors magenta, indigo and orange left.

Question is: are these colors based on the game's title/company logo or on the fighter's person or both?!
It could be both but the logo Color thing is no coincidence as well for what they’re referencing For example:
:ultgnw:-the color of the background in a game & watch system
:ultwiifittrainer:-the fit in the Wii fit logo
:ultmiifighters:(:ultbrawler::ultswordfighter::ultgunner:)- the blue within the Wii system
:ultcloud:-the meteor in the ffVII logo
:ultjoker:-persona 5 main color
:ulthero:-the dragon in the dq11 logo and his tunic
:ultbanjokazooie:-either the rare logo or jiggies
:ult_terry:-snk logo since he’s representing snk as a whole

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Yeah if Nintendo/Sakurai had a problem with Shantae's design then they would have gone with the Mythra route yet left her as is. So yeah the Krystal Assist is also another plus.

1573832702750.png

Last edited:

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
The fade gradient on Joker's is pretty telling, in my mind. Everyone else's fades at 3/4 of the way to the bottom, Joker's is a top and bottom fade. I think we may see another red. Unfortunately, that could be Lloyd or Shantae. And, I could see Sakurai giving Bamco another rep just as easily as representing indie studios and hinting at it with the Spirits list. So, square one, but the difference in the fade is notable.

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I uh... I'm grasping straws here but I found more breadcrumbs in a conversation in Seven Sirens. Specifically box 3 in regards to Mai and everything (but I kept the whole sentence cuz humor)

Add it to the spreadsheet! (please)

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I uh... I'm grasping straws here but I found more breadcrumbs in a conversation in Seven Sirens. Specifically box 3 in regards to Mai and everything (but I kept the whole sentence cuz humor)

Slime Gal confirmed

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Explain the fangamer thing. Please.
So, right before Banjo-Kazooie's reveal in Smash, a number of merchandise companies showed Banjo with the updated backpack, but no indication why. Just before Banjo-Kazooie's reveal, Fangamer had a snippet on Instagram that showed bear and bird tracks in the sand, only to reveal Spelunky merchandise underneath the sand. After the reveal, Fangamer launched their Banjo-Kazooie line.

Well, SatSS is coming up, and their existing Shantae line has not had any merchandise added for a good while, I want to say a year or so. Besides Banjo-Kazooie and Earthbound, none of the franchises they make stuff for are really guessed at for Smash...
Except one. Which we know has a Funko Pop coming very soon.
"Yeah, but they could be launching a new line."
Check this wording out:

Screenshot_20191115-155656.jpg

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Shantae Funko I think is coming out April?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Well we'd need to get a Nintendo Direct announcement real soon then right if Shantae is in and this fangemr stuff comes out November 19?

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Well we'd need to get a Nintendo Direct announcement real soon then right if Shantae is in and this fangemr stuff comes out November 19?
Oh, I wouldn't hedge anything on dates or lining up with Directs. This could be pre-VGA for all that matter. This is an existing line, so unless they have merch that says "She's in Smash" (they won't, not prior to reveal), then there's essentially nothing "leaked" here.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I want Shantae in this game as much as the next guy...or gal, but a lot of these "points" towards her inclusion are seriously reaching.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi

I think this is just Wayforward humor, funny though.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
He’s actualy right.
They’re pretty much stretches that been brought up recently but I still think the orange color holds some weight
That and how Sakurai never flat out tells you if spirits deconfirm. If he can pick the time of day to tell you one character can't make a cameo 'cause they be lewd, you can be answering that near one year old question I'm certain even Japan must be debating on their end as well.

Last edited:

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
To me, merch is hard evidence because they get told stuff we don't because they're pouring capital into essentially marketing and have to plan it ahead of time so it all times just right.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
To me, merch is hard evidence because they get told stuff we don't because they're pouring capital into essentially marketing and have to plan it ahead of time so it all times just right.
Do we even know Shantae is getting merch from fangamer?

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Hey guys, sorry for just popping in unannounced. I just wanted to share some Shantae art I did. I've been enjoying River City Girls since it came out, so I thought it would be pretty neat to have a mock poster of Shantae with that style... in SFM.
River City Genie
RiverCityGenie.jpg

Last edited:

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Do we even know Shantae is getting merch from fangamer?
We'll know Tuesday. More referring to the Funko.

Oh wow, I didn't realize how orange they'd made the gold colors in Shantae's SatSS outfit. Okay, y'all may have a point with this Orange Theory.

maxresdefault (11).jpg

Last edited:

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention the Shantae logo itself.
Exactly. In isolation, I was very split on any kind of color theories. Just too up in the air. But this? This is good. That's the same vibe as the lighthouse's centered-crossbar window suddenly being off-center.

Dukefire

Smash Master
We said it once and I'll say it again, Hype responsibly or else it will hit hard.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
The most frightening and butt clenching event in regards to a new Smash Reveal is where someone is setting up obviously a reveal for something and says something along the lines of "Its something alot of you have been wishing to see..." Its either Geno or Shantae there, and 50/50s always make me tense.

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
The most frightening and butt clenching event in regards to a new Smash Reveal is where someone is setting up obviously a reveal for something and says something along the lines of "Its something alot of you have been wishing to see..." Its either Geno or Shantae there, and 50/50s always make me tense.
Thankfully, SMRPG merchandise has been a childhood dream (SF64 in 3D was another one), so I'd be happy with either wish-granter.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
If Shantae gets in then everyone here will join her by the end of the DLC

Also this is my list of every character I see as bein a potential DLC for Smash currently.

thoughts on this implausible scenario EDITED to add more characters I forgot.
Smash Ultimate DLC Potentials 50%.png

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I want Shantae in this game as much as the next guy...or gal, but a lot of these "points" towards her inclusion are seriously reaching.
Yeah, I will only start jumping up and down like a maniac for Shantae's chances if Shinobi comes out again and says something like "What a wishful time for a Direct don't you think?" similar like he did with Ridley and Banjo & Kazooie before they were both revealed at E3 2018 and 2019 respectively.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
If Shantae gets in then everyone here will join her by the end of the DLC

thoughts on this implausible scenario
View attachment 246910
If they all made it, then that would be breathtaking, but for some characters specifically:

If Reimu made it in, I'd be glad.
If Saber made it in, I'd be very happy.
If Sakura (From Sakura Wars) made it in, I'd be ecstatic.
If Krystal made it in I'd say "About time"
If Elma made in, I'd be Over the Rainbow.
If Shantae, and Sora made it, I'd be breathless.
If Amaterasu made it in I'd... get the defibrillator if I were you, cause I need reviving.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Exactly. In isolation, I was very split on any kind of color theories. Just too up in the air. But this? This is good. That's the same vibe as the lighthouse's centered-crossbar window suddenly being off-center.
How are the gold features supposed to look orange in a more photo-realistic render?

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Kinda hope one of Shantae's Spirit Board is Quote or Quote/Curly.
I kinda feel Shantae's spirit board would be best if it was all different indie characters. As much as I love the rest of the Shantae cast, I think most people that know about Shantae know of her and Risky and maybe Rottytops. So, Since Shantae already has her spirit and a Risky Spirit, I think the board would have a little more mass appeal if all the SPirits were other Indies. A Quote/Curly Spirit With two Mega Men and maybe some Isabelles with the bunny hood to represent the Mamigas. Luigi as Captain Video, maybe a red Kirby for Meat Boy. And Give Sans his own Spirit with a battle against his Mii costume.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If you ask me, an indie character should represent their own series and not indies as a whole. They’re all still their own videogames and series, only “indie” because of their small development teams/companies/a single person, so it doesn’t feel right if Shantae suddenly dragged Sans, Quote, Reimu and whoever into her spirit board imo. They’re still videogames from different people.

KingBowser86

Smash Journeyman
If you ask me, an indie character should represent their own series and not indies as a whole. They’re all still their own videogames and series, only “indie” because of their small development teams/companies/a single person, so it doesn’t feel right if Shantae suddenly dragged Sans, Quote, Reimu and whoever into her spirit board imo. They’re still videogames from different people.
Right - it'd be coverage enough for indies that one made it (well I guess technically 3), not as patronizing, and that much more incentive for indies to excel on their merits as opposed to play the marketing game that the larger studios do.

Top Bottom