• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, you know.

- female character with flying projectile
- looks like a fighting game character
- wears Japanese-style clothing
- not Reimu
- is already in the game
Oh... That. I don't have a source, but I remember someone on this forum posting a screencap of that leaker saying "I was just joking about that." Wish I could find it though so I could show it to you.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh... That. I don't have a source, but I remember someone on this forum posting a screencap of that leaker saying "I was just joking about that." Wish I could find it though so I could show it to you.
I hope it's about one of those specific hints and not the whole thing, otherwise we're just down to Sabi/VRPlant, Vergeben and Tansut as useful leakers again.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just asking, what character(s) are left that has a history with nintendo?
Even including characters that are not with nintendo, but the series as a whole has.

Also, Shantae artwork for tonight

Artist: gpwlghr123
shantae___morning_greeting_by_gpwlghr123_ddg8h2z-pre.jpg

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
At any rate, I'm sure it's not Ryu or Doom Slayer either. :ultbanjokazooie: and Terry already tore most of the fake 5Chan leak in half, whoever's left will shred whatever's left of it.
With Terry showning up, no one will be able to figure out 100% percent who fighter #5 is. A SNK rep was way out of left field in a lot of peoples' minds and myself included.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Just asking, what character(s) are left that has a history with nintendo?
Even including characters that are not with nintendo, but the series as a whole has.
3rd party wise?

Shantae
Almost every Rare character
Goemon
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Sora
Doom Slayer
Ryu Hayabusa
Arthur
Contra bois
Shovel Knight

Pretty much any video game character that has ever had a game on a Nintendo console.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I think her chances of being the 5th in the fighters pass are 50/50 at this point. There are a few things that line up nicely for her. First we will learn about #5 likely around Terry's release in November or December and #5's release will likely be around late Jan early Feb. If WF is holding to the 2019 release date, then we can expect Seven Sirens in December, which would line up with the announcement of #5. Then if they need to delay the game it might line up with the release of #5.

Second I think the Sans costume coming out before number five could help her too. It's possible that if they were planning an Indie fighter and an indie costume, they would want to show them apart and show the costume first so fans of that character got to enjoy it without feeling like they could have had something better. However it could be that #5 isn;t an Indie and the Sans costume was simply released when it was because that's when it was ready.

Lastly, the fighter's pass has been very slanted toward male characters, the only exception being half of one fighter being female. Even people who don't support Shantae have criticized this trend so I'd say the last character being female is just a little more likely. However it could also be that Nintendo assuming video games are more of a "boy" thing and boys only want to play as male characters could be the prevailing sentiment... SO this point could go either way as well.

In short, she has a lot of things that could help her get that final spot, but none of it is a sure thing.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
3rd party wise?

Shantae
Almost every Rare character
Goemon
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Sora
Doom Slayer
Ryu Hayabusa
Arthur
Contra bois
Shovel Knight

Pretty much any video game character that has ever had a game on a Nintendo console.
In other words, the list is nigh-endless, so it'd take a few hours at least to note them all.

Lastly, the fighter's pass has been very slanted toward male characters, the only exception being half of one fighter being female. Even people who don't support Shantae have criticized this trend so I'd say the last character being female is just a little more likely. However it could also be that Nintendo assuming video games are more of a "boy" thing and boys only want to play as male characters could be the prevailing sentiment... SO this point could go either way as well.
Though to be fair, it doesn't help that most requested characters are male on average anyway. The most talked about characters alone pretty much just have Shantae in the middle of Waluigi/Isaac/Geno/Bandana Dee/Crash Bandicoot/Rayman/Steve/Doom Slayer.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I think her chances of being the 5th in the fighters pass are 50/50 at this point. There are a few things that line up nicely for her. First we will learn about #5 likely around Terry's release in November or December and #5's release will likely be around late Jan early Feb. If WF is holding to the 2019 release date, then we can expect Seven Sirens in December, which would line up with the announcement of #5. Then if they need to delay the game it might line up with the release of #5.

Second I think the Sans costume coming out before number five could help her too. It's possible that if they were planning an Indie fighter and an indie costume, they would want to show them apart and show the costume first so fans of that character got to enjoy it without feeling like they could have had something better. However it could be that #5 isn;t an Indie and the Sans costume was simply released when it was because that's when it was ready.

In short, she has a lot of things that could help her get that final spot, but none of it is a sure thing.
If you think in terms of binary, EVERY character has a 50/50 shot at the final fighter pass slot.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I know I'm not very welcome here, but this whole Milk-Boatsu thing is interesting, since I think it's our best shot at getting in. I remember the leaker saying that, but I don't remember what it was about.

Does anyone remember what that joking part was about? Because that might affect her chances quite a bit depending on what it is.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I don't do percents. That implies knowing precisely how many possible candidates there are.

When considering history with Nintendo, I don't necessarily consider it sufficient to simply have a game on one of their consoles at some point. Especially if they're multiplatform. It's more significant if they or Nintendo achieved great success thanks to said game on the console. Or they happened to be a particularly strong competitor like Sonic.

Then again, Terry makes it clear that it's not all about Nintendo anymore.

I know I'm not very welcome here, but this whole Milk-Boatsu thing is interesting, since I think it's our best shot at getting in. I remember the leaker saying that, but I don't remember what it was about.

Does anyone remember what that joking part was about? Because that might affect her chances quite a bit depending on what it is.
Where do you get this notion that leaks directly cause characters to get in?

If you put all your faith in them, you don't really care about the characters listed. You just want to say you were right about them.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
If you think in terms of binary, EVERY character has a 50/50 shot at the final fighter pass slot.
But with Shantae specifically all the things that work for her could just as easily be things that didn't matter when deciding who the 5th fighter was. It might seem like a cop out to say 50/50, but I feel in her case in particular it's actually about the most accurate you can get. She has lots of things that could really benefit her, but just as easily none of them may have mattered when the decision was made.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
But with Shantae specifically all the things that work for her could just as easily be things that didn't matter when deciding who the 5th fighter was. It might seem like a cop out to say 50/50, but I feel in her case in particular it's actually about the most accurate you can get. She has lots of things that could really benefit her, but just as easily none of them may have mattered when the decision was made.
Not 50/50 for #5 anyway since it was already chosen; whoever it'll be has the 100% by default, leaving 0% anyone else.
For DLC after it is a different story, yeah. Still not sure if Spirits are back on the table, but I certainly hope so.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Not 50/50 for #5 anyway since it was already chosen; whoever it'll be has the 100% by default, leaving 0% anyone else.
For DLC after it is a different story, yeah. Still not sure if Spirits are back on the table, but I certainly hope so.
Well, yes. Obviously who ever was picked is the only character who can be #5. The context was "what are the odds that that characters turned out to be Shantae" odds are based around the element of the unknown. Even a simple dice throw could be calculated if you have perfect math and full knowledge or where all elements in the universe were at the time of the throw... Since we don't know who #5 is nor can we know at this point in time, we use odds (which of course are arbitrary and inherently flawed) as a means of narrowing it down.

Dukefire

Smash Master
For now, we will get another Shantae and the Seven Sirens opening before the Promare movie starts. Also, a possible release date for when it will be released.

If I have to guess, it may happen this year on November or December. If not, maybe January or February next year.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Just watch, we'll probably get at least one character that's only achieved niche success for Nintendo at best. When the fans assumed that having history with Nintendo meant "a huge legacy of many games", no one actually expected that the actual definition would be "must have at least two games". :ultbayonetta:

That aside, statistics are bull**** anyway, so we can't rely on those. Especially on the RTC thread. :4pacman:

For now, we will get another Shantae and the Seven Sirens opening before the Promare movie starts. Also, a possible release date for when it will be released.

If I have to guess, it may happen this year on November or December. If not, maybe January or February next year.
WF isn't really known for delaying things, so it'd be odd when it's been announced to come this year. Especially since they only have two games to work on right now (SSS and Vitamin Connection), so one would expect things to speed up a little with their bigger projects out of the way. Besides, SSS uses some assets from HGH anyway.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Where do you get this notion that leaks directly cause characters to get in?

If you put all your faith in them, you don't really care about the characters listed. You just want to say you were right about them.
That wasn't how I was trying to come off as. I thought I put the words "if real,..." with an emphasis on the "IF", but I guess I backspaced it without realizing (bad excuse, I know).

I'm sorry I come off that way. Please forget I said anything.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Well, yes. Obviously who ever was picked is the only character who can be #5. The context was "what are the odds that that characters turned out to be Shantae" odds are based around the element of the unknown. Even a simple dice throw could be calculated if you have perfect math and full knowledge or where all elements in the universe were at the time of the throw... Since we don't know who #5 is nor can we know at this point in time, we use odds (which of course are arbitrary and inherently flawed) as a means of narrowing it down.
I wanted to be snide.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Given what Sakurai said about the new DLC after the Fighter Pass, with that combined with the chances of getting in the final slot what are Shantae's totalt chances of being playable by the end of Ultimate's DLC?

D

Deleted member

Given what Sakurai said about the new DLC after the Fighter Pass, with that combined with the chances of getting in the final slot what are Shantae's totalt chances of being playable by the end of Ultimate's DLC?
I’d say she has a very good shot.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
- Shovel Knight is a Assist Trophy.

- Sans is a Mii costume.

- DLC is most likely all going to be 3rd party, though that really isn't confirmed.

Her chances of getting into Ultimate's DLC lineup are very, VERY good. But I don't expect her to be in the Season Pass though.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
- Shovel Knight is a Assist Trophy.

- Sans is a Mii costume.

- DLC is most likely all going to be 3rd party, though that really isn't confirmed.

Her chances of getting into Ultimate's DLC lineup are very, VERY good. But I don't expect her to be in the Season Pass though.
If Rayman and/or Genos get in before her I'd say she's all but guaranteed.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Guys, where would you score Shantae's chances of being the fifth and final character in the Season Pass? I would rate her chances at 35% percent.
I'd rate it 10%. I would've rated it 0% at most, but the silence revolving around Shantae support from both Wayfoward and Matt is making me think they're talking with Nintendo again. Unless there's a stated reason as to why they haven't been on the support train, I'm gonna leave my score at 10%.

Dukefire

Smash Master
This will be me until the Promare premiere
Screenshot_20190905-214503_YouTube.jpg

Also, here is a shantae artwork for today.
Artist: jot202
Shantae:_Mircale_In_Palm_by_jot202.png

D

Deleted member

Yo guys check out what I made!
E5A02D15-F461-4621-B064-BD6E5EA2F7DF.jpeg

Honestly she has a great chance rn either inside or outside of the pass. No fan made rules will hold her back. And besides the only official rule we have is no 4th party characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
- DLC is most likely all going to be 3rd party, though that really isn't confirmed..
That's just tempting fate, honestly. I still think they'll at least sneak in a Pokémon somewhere, otherwise Ninty's bill will get ridiculously high.

But really though, I'd rather chill and not think about what will or won't happen past the pass, we aren't even Winter yet...It's too early to assume first-party supporters will give up for 10 years, and we don't know how long Sak's planning to support this game. We only definitely know that the roster's character record will increase, and licensed ones are right out.

243.png

For now, I just want to know when SSS releases so that we can properly anticipate it.

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
I've been thinking about the Mural. The spot next to Daisy is still open right?

Yooo Ash finally won Pokemon league. After some 20 years he finally won.

Top Bottom