• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

zferolie

Smash Hero
To think for a bit, is there any other video game character that fit those codenames?
People say it's Jill from RE, but she only had a Ponytail in 1 of the newer games I believe. I mean it COULD be her, but I am not sold on Capcom getting another character just yet.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
“Jane” was tied to Joker’s 6th or 7th alt costume, so I believe it was just a scrapped Kasumi alt. Wouldn’t mind it being something else, though, but it has been said that the way it was coded or whatever means it couldn’t have just been leftover dummy data from borrowing assets.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
“Jane” was tied to Joker’s 6th or 7th alt costume, so I believe it was just a scrapped Kasumi alt. Wouldn’t mind it being something else, though, but it has been said that the way it was coded or whatever means it couldn’t have just been leftover dummy data from borrowing assets.
I believe the same thing. Sadly, the Joker supporters have yet to realise it.

In any case, the ponytail thing here isn't related to Shantae, so we're still at an impasse for now.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I know coding but not enough to check that, so I'll beleive it. I still got hope and we need something to talk about haha

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
I wonder If there have been any new datamines lately for the DLC characters and the codenames?

Dukefire

Smash Master
I wonder If there have been any new datamines lately for the DLC characters and the codenames?
From datamining, only possible new modes with Banjo Kazooie almost here.

Also, character predictions current sights set on are:
Doomguy
Sans
Frisk/Chara
Waluigi
Crash
Geno
And possibly other character(s)....

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
From datamining, only possible new modes with Banjo Kazooie almost here.

Also, character predictions current sights set on are:
Doomguy
Sans
Frisk/Chara
Waluigi
Crash
Geno
And possibly other character(s)....
And I would say at least half of those characters don't have a chance, a third being "possible but not likely" and one of them likely but still not a guarantee.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Interesting news regarding SatSS

*delete* mistake post

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Boy, Wayforward is really moving to corner that japanese market with Shantae, huh. Almost like they're trying to get the attention of a specific crowd for a specific purpose...

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Always had a feeling that the intro shown months ago was a sign it wasn't the full version.

Also, WF is done a good job keeping everyone guessing with fakeouts and other filling news every now and then

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Showing it before the main feature of a wide movie event is a brilliant idea, that'll get the attention of as many people as possible. Also, did anyone else get Tomica Hero Rescue Force vibes from this?
Nah, just Sega's Burning Rangers, with Spring Man as a new recruit and wondering if a Mighty Switch Force 2 ad would've been more appropriate, I mean I get that Shantae is no stranger to towns on fire, but...

Calling it: the Burnish are experimental weapons by the government who want them dead as a cover-up and they're burning things in self-defence. "This is our fate" is a fancy way of saying "we don't like doing this".

Edit: Oh, and with Edelgard leading the new Burnish.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On a side note, we got a somewhat clearer look at what appears to be Rotty's Siren outfit.

Assuming this is Rotty and not some identical stranger.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
On a side note, we got a somewhat clearer look at what appears to be Rotty's Siren outfit.

That isn't Rotty. I think it's just the case of her being a zombie Siren or possibly a zombie Half Genie

Both Poe and Abner have green skin and deeper green hair, so the green skin/hair combo is unique to zombies.
As well, the Zombie Siren has a more muted green-greenish blue complex, in comparison to Rotty's green with envy look.
That is a fairly unique way of transporting Shantae. YCG may have all the Shovel Knight cameos in the world, but Shantae's just up and going through anime, and that's pretty respectable, as long as it doesn't mean that she becomes more of an anime character than a gaming character as much as she already is for both or turn into the Anime equivalent of Shovel Knight in terms of cameos.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

Also in a reply to a tweet of that post, Wayforward revealed that there will be a card collecting aspect in Seven Sirens.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On the topic of Limited Run, Inti Creates have now tossed their hat into the ring for iX.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._chronicles_luminous_avenger_ix_open_tomorrow

Also in a reply to a tweet of that post, Wayforward revealed that there will be a card collecting aspect in Seven Sirens.
Which will unintentionally hurt King of Cards even more. Poor YCG lads.

That isn't Rotty. I think it's just the case of her being a zombie Siren or possibly a zombie Half Genie

As well, the Zombie Siren has a more muted green-greenish blue complex, in comparison to Rotty's green with envy look.
It'll be rather interesting if the island's secrets have led to this new girl's current state. Although it still doesn't explain what to expect from the remaining two sirens, seeing as Sky and Risky have been jokingly referred to as Sirens.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Which will unintentionally hurt King of Cards even more. Poor YCG lads.
I feel bad for YCG on getting the last Shovel Knight DLC done with their own take of Smash Bros added.

It almost feels like the older sister is a step ahead of the younger brother.

Edit: not too important, but looks like the leaks are starting to accelerate again. Probably for the possible September direct and Fighters Pass DLC is nearly over with only 4 months left for the final spot.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
So watch this hapoen... the opening shown for the shantae game at triggers movie opening actually is shantaes reveal movie for smash, made by trigger themselves

Dukefire

Smash Master
It could happen. With only a 30 seconds video previously shown, it does leave room for imagination of potential additions.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
So watch this hapoen... the opening shown for the shantae game at triggers movie opening actually is shantaes reveal movie for smash, made by trigger themselves
Please don't bring me hope, because if that happens, then this world would be worth living in (well, it's already worth living in this world, I meant it more in the smash speculation world)

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Damn....Shantae lost to Scorpion in the fan DLC tournament. Oh well, she did have a good run.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Quite impossible, Wayforward explicitly stated there would be nothing new in this opening presentation.

...not that there's anything stopping them from showing something after the movie.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Quite impossible, Wayforward explicitly stated there would be nothing new in this opening presentation.

...not that there's anything stopping them from showing something after the movie.
I am just half joking. No way nintendo would announce a new smash character at just screenings in japan.

Unless the next Nintendo direct happens during the first screening lol

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I am just half joking. No way nintendo would announce a new smash character at just screenings in japan.

Unless the next Nintendo direct happens during the first screening lol
Promare is 4th-party. This makes even less sense than the assumption of announcing Steve or Banjo during a Microsoft/Minecraft event.

Besides, Nintendo doesn't involve Smash reveals in other people's events unless they are 1) about video games and 2) involve other console companies to begin with, like E3 and the VGAs.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Promare is 4th-party. This makes even less sense than the assumption of announcing Steve or Banjo during a Microsoft/Minecraft event.

Besides, Nintendo doesn't involve Smash reveals in other people's events unless they are 1) about video games and 2) involve other console companies to begin with, like E3 and the VGAs.
Yeah i agree. We will get the 4th reveal during the September direct i bet. Hopefully thats sooner rather then later. And the final character will be in the vgas

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Well her win streak I mean. But yeah tell that to him who instead of a repeat he is making Scorpion fight the next opponent.
Waluigi is in the loser bracket

jeez pay attention.

Top Bottom